PS4 - Destiny

PlayStation Store Update

Grace Chen's Avatar + Posted by Grace Chen on Feb 04, 2014 // Sr. Director, PlayStation Store

PlayStation Store Update

PS3 Pre-Order

Dark Souls II ($59.99)
Dark Souls II

Developed by FROM SOFTWARE, Dark Souls II is the highly anticipated sequel to the punishing 2011 breakout hit Dark Souls. The unique old-school action RPG experience captivated imaginations of gamers worldwide with incredible challenge and intense emotional reward. Dark Souls II brings the franchise’s renowned difficulty & gripping gameplay innovations to both single and multiplayer experiences.

South Park: The Stick of Truth ($59.99)
SouthPark_gamevideo_E3Trailer_MasterArt

From the perilous battlefields of the fourth-grade playground, a young hero will rise, destined to be South Park’s savior. From the creators of South Park, Trey Parker and Matt Stone, comes an epic quest to become… cool. Introducing South Park: The Stick of Truth.

Tales of Symphonia Chronicles ($39.99)
Tales of Symphonia

Experience the complete Tales of Symphonia adventure like never before with Tales of Symphonia Chronicles.The original Tales of Symphonia series has been remastered with enhanced visuals, additional content and a dual audio track including both English and Japanese voices and the original Japanese theme songs.

PS4 Games

Outlast ($19.99)
Outlast
In the remote mountains of Colorado, horrors wait inside Mount Massive Asylum. A long-abandoned home for the mentally ill, recently re-opened by the “research and charity” branch of the transnational Murkoff Corporation, the asylum has been operating in strict secrecy… until now. Outlast is a true survival horror experience which aims to show that the most terrifying monsters of all come from the human mind.

PS3 Games

Adam’s Venture Chronicles ($11.99)
Adam's Venture Chronicles
Join Adam Venture in this epic journey set in the roaring 1920’s. Together with Evelyn they are on a quest to find ancient artifacts in this exhilarating non-violent adventure game. Solve ingenious puzzles and embark on breathtaking platform challenges to outsmart the evil Clairvoix Corporation.
Castlestorm Complete Edition ($14.99)
Castlestorm Complete Edition
The clouds bring rumors of war…It’s Knights vs. Vikings in CastleStorm, where medieval warfare meets 2D physics-based destruction! Controlling the battle in real time, players will harness the power of medieval artillery, manage a fearsome ground attack, and cast powerful spells! CastleStorm features a story-driven solo campaign, a custom castle editor, online multiplayer, co-op modes, and more. Building castles and knocking them down has never been so much fun!
Truck Racer ($39.99)
Truck Racer
Take control of five tons of metal and power, and floor it until you reach the finish line!
Drive fully destructible trucks in Championship, Time Attack, Elimination and Quick Race. Get rid of opponents trying to block your way and make a reputation for yourself! Customize your vehicle from the engine to the paint, choose among 48 tracks and face your friends in Online or Local multiplayer for maximum destruction!
Dustforce ($9.99)
Dustforce
Clean up the world with style! As an acrobatic janitor, you are an adept force against dust and disorder. Leap and dash off walls and ceilings, and deftly traverse precarious environments. Cleanse each level swiftly and thoroughly to achieve mastery in this 2D sweep-’em-up platformer.
Furmins + Stardrone Extreme Bundle ($8.99)
Furmins Bundle
We are proudly presents Furmins and StarDrone Extreme in a single bundle only on PS Vita: Furmins is a unique blend of physics based set-up-and-go puzzle gameplay and real-time interactions. StarDrone Extreme is a high-speed action thriller with a mix of arcade action, pinball, breakout, physics and collect-the-objects.

PS Vita Games

Dustforce ($9.99)
Dustforce
King Oddball ($5.99)
King Oddball
End the world with boulders! The King swings a boulder back and forth with his tongue and you get to release it by pressing a button. Time the release accurately and crush as many targets as possible with each boulder. Simple but addictive!
Surge Deluxe ($4.99)
Surge Deluxe
A new energy source provides humanity with enormous electrical power, but by-product materials build up fast, and must be constantly cleared to keep pressure levels in check. Shatter the dangerous by-products by routing electrical surges between matching blocks, and then vent pressure in huge blasts to buy you more time! Surge Deluxe puts sizzling electrical energy at your fingertips!

PS2 Classic

Trapt ($9.99)
Trapt
Princess Allura must save her kingdom by luring her enemies into traps she has set. Chain together the perfect snares to outsmart her foes.

PSOne Classic

Gex: Enter the Gecko ($5.99)
Gex
After a few years in solitude, Gex is called out of his home to go up against his nemesis, Rez, who is out to control the world yet again.

Beta

Ace Combat Infinity Beta
Ace Combat Infinity Beta
The Ultimate Flight Shooting Game. Put yourself into the pilot seat of real aircraft and tear across realistic skies! Fly around freely and shoot down all the enemies you see!

Beta Test Version
Two missions can be played in both ‘Online Co-Op Missions’, in which players collaborate online to take down enemies, and ‘Campaign’ which follows a set story.
Aircraft types available to the rank of Second Lieutenant can be obtained. (This is the highest rank that you can achieve in this version)

Demos

• Dustforce (PS Vita)
  • Dustforce (PS3)
  • King Oddball (PS Vita)
  • Ethan: Meteor Hunter (PS3)

PlayStation Plus

The Testament Of Sherlock Holmes $14.99 $29.99
Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon Future Soldier Ultimate Edition $24.99 $49.99
Tom Clancy’s Splinter Cell Blacklist Ultimate Edition $32.49 $64.99

PS4 Add-ons

Killzone Shadow Fall
  • Athena VO Pack ($3.99)
  • Groovy OWL skin ($1.99)
  • Zebra OWL skin ($1.99, Free for Season Pass)

PS3 Add-ons

Dead or Alive 5 Ultimate
  • Private Paradise Set ($24.99)
Dead or Alive 5 Ultimate: Core Fighters
  • Ayane’s Private Paradise ($2.99)
  • Christie Private Paradise ($2.99)
  • Costume Catalog 09 (Free)
  • Helena’s Private Paradise ($2.99)
  • Hitomi’s Private Paradise ($2.99)
  • Kasumi’s Private Paradise ($2.99)
  • Kokoro’s Private Paradise ($2.99)
  • Leifang Private Paradise ($2.99)
  • Lisa’s Private Paradise ($2.99)
  • Mila’s Private Paradise ($2.99)
  • Momiji’s Private Paradise ($2.99)
  • Rachel’s Private Paradise ($2.99)
  • Tina’s Private Paradise ($2.99)
  • Tropical Sexy Ayane ($1.99)
  • Tropical Sexy Christie ($1.99)
  • Tropical Sexy Helena ($1.99)
  • Tropical Sexy Hitomi ($1.99)
  • Tropical Sexy Kasumi ($1.99)
  • Tropical Sexy Leifang ($1.99)
  • Tropical Sexy Lisa ($1.99)
  • Tropical Sexy Mila ($1.99)
  • Tropical Sexy Momiji ($1.99)
  • Tropical Sexy Pai ($1.99)
  • Tropical Sexy Rachel ($1.99)
  • Tropical Sexy Sarah ($1.99)
  • Tropical Sexy Tina ($1.99)
Disgaea D2: A Brighter Darkness
  • Eclair ($2.99)
  • Gig ($2.99)
  • Human Priere ($2.99)
  • Nisa ($2.99)
  • Overlord Priere ($2.99)
  • Plume ($2.99)
Rocksmith 2014
  • R.E.M. – Überlin ($2.99)
  • R.E.M. – Everybody Hurts ($2.99)
  • R.E.M. – Shiny Happy People ($2.99)
  • R.E.M. – The One I Love ($2.99)
  • R.E.M. – What’s The Frequency Kenneth? ($2.99)
  • R.E.M. Song Pack ($11.99)
  • Straightener – From Noon Till Dawn ($2.99)
  • Straightener – Rocksteady ($2.99)
The Wolf Among Us
  • Episode 2: Smoke & Mirrors ($4.99)

PS3 Themes

• Anne Stokes: The Blessing Dynamic Theme ($2.99)
  • Calendar: Alpine Summer Dynamic Theme ($2.99)
  • Calendar: Cherry Blossom Warrior Dynamic Theme ($2.99)
  • Calendar: Colorful Bounce Dynamic Theme ($2.99)
  • Calendar: House of the Spirit Blade Dynamic Theme ($1.99)
  • Calendar: Night Reflection Dynamic Theme ($2.99)
  • Calendar: Zombie Pirates Dynamic Theme ($2.99)
  • Contact Dynamic Theme ($2.99)
  • Invaders Dynamic Theme ($2.99)
  • Moon Reaver Dynamic Theme ($2.99)
  • Paranormal Activity 3 Dynamic Theme ($2.99)
  • Paranormal Activity 4 Dynamic Theme ($2.99)
  • Paranormal Activity Dynamic Theme ($2.99)
  • Revenge of the Gherkinoids Dynamic Theme ($2.99)
  • Witch’s Lair Dynamic Theme ($2.99)

+ GrannyCracka on February 4th, 2014 at 4:09 pm said:

Also having the login fail into SEN on my PC and tried my phone. Wanting to secure Outlast so when I eventually get my PS4, it’s good and ready (and free!) Thanks team for working hard and busting your butts for us~!!

+ Dr-Jones104 on February 4th, 2014 at 4:14 pm said:

Ok Soo I am not the only one who can’t log in hopefully they will fix this problem quickly.

+ TYruler50 on February 4th, 2014 at 4:15 pm said:

sucks that people can’t get on the store, i’ve been playing metro last light for almost 3 hours now

+ CrispyCanuk on February 4th, 2014 at 4:15 pm said:

Sign in is still broken on the web store…been like a week for me now

+ Tomoprime on February 4th, 2014 at 4:15 pm said:

Looks like some of the services are back 7:15pm EST. I can logon to the web version to queue the download. The ‘What’s New’ on the PS4 still looks disabled though.

+ xBraiNshOcK on February 4th, 2014 at 4:16 pm said:

If you have downloaded Outlast and are unable to play it, because it’s locked.

Go to settings>PSN>Restore Licences>Restore.

+ Rezznak on February 4th, 2014 at 4:18 pm said:

just keep trying people that’s what happened to me but i persisted and finally got to DLing it. BUT AFTER YOU DOWNLOAD IT, IT WILL GIVE YOU THIS BS ABOUT YOU HAVE TO HAVE A LICENSE FOR IT TO PLAY!!!!! WTF?! PLEASE FIX THIS SONY!!!!!!

+ Od1n757 on February 4th, 2014 at 4:18 pm said:

i cant play outlast because it says i dont have the license

+ xBraiNshOcK on February 4th, 2014 at 4:19 pm said:

@ Od1n757

Go to settings>PSN>Restore Licences>Restore.

+ Tomoprime on February 4th, 2014 at 4:19 pm said:

I noticed that “Lock” issue on Apps too. It will say that the game or app was licensed for different user. It will fix itself if you wait for the network to catch up. Thanks for the tip xBraiNshOcK.

+ Rezznak on February 4th, 2014 at 4:20 pm said:

nevermind! Sorry! Damn I’m always a minute late seeing a comment that will help!

+ Husteen on February 4th, 2014 at 4:20 pm said:

grabbed Outlast. not sure if i’ll be able to play it without having a heart attack, but i’ll try.

was interested in far cry 3, but all the reviews say there’s tons of drugs everywhere. besides, it’s not that great a price.

testament of sherlock holmes is a great game, but the price could be better. it’s been on sale for $15 at least once before, so it might go on sale again for even less in the future.

+ tgpumpkin on February 4th, 2014 at 4:23 pm said:

PERSONA!!!!!!!!

I’ve been waiting weeks for this release and now I can grab the whole Persona 2 series for $15. WIN!

For those who like RPG’s and have a Vita, I cannot emphasize enough purchasing Persona 4: Golden. I was late to the party but have been playing this game non stop. It’s incredible.

+ Tomoprime on February 4th, 2014 at 4:23 pm said:

@Husteen
Blood Dragon is great ! I picked it up when it was on sale for $3.75. Try the demo.

+ xBraiNshOcK on February 4th, 2014 at 4:25 pm said:

No problem Tomo.

Ha, I am telling to myself Outlast is just a game. Nothing to get scared about.

+ Tomoprime on February 4th, 2014 at 4:28 pm said:

18min left.
I’m halfway there downloading Outlast! Can’t wait to plugin in my iPhone earbuds for this game.

+ Remmy8199 on February 4th, 2014 at 4:30 pm said:

Ugh. I love Atlus, but their sales have the worst timing ever. I just bought Persona 2 not too long ago.

+ saab01 on February 4th, 2014 at 4:34 pm said:

We have too much content in this update I might forget to go to work tomorrow.

I am downloading

Wolf among us episode 2, outlast and metro last light.

+ Tomoprime on February 4th, 2014 at 4:37 pm said:

I hear yeah Remmy. I bought Injustice and Shadow fall on the PS4 flash sale. And I still have all those new PS3 games to play yet. I grabbed Metro Last Light earlier. This months line up looks great for all systems. I want to get back to playing DCUO too. I started this game so late. I’m level 10 and I hope they raise the level cap soon.

xBraiNshOcK I can’t wait to be jumping out of my seat for Outlast in a few.

+ fallen_jibril on February 4th, 2014 at 4:38 pm said:

I was surprise but happy by the Trapt. I wonder if the other Deception games from the PS1 will be released because of the Deception 4 coming out next month?

+ EJStrat on February 4th, 2014 at 4:43 pm said:

It was perfect timing that the PS4 System Update that patches compatibility with proprietary PS3 headsets released on the same day that Outlast–a game that thrives when players are immersed in sound–is given as a PS+ Instant Library game!

Thank you, very very much! I’m about to be snowed in. Time to wet my pants in fright!

+ PainOfSarrow on February 4th, 2014 at 4:44 pm said:

Castlestorm Complete Edition , nice. though i already got the main game. also why do we always have the same assasin creed and persona games on sale ? anyways dustforce for me.

+ LegendH4 on February 4th, 2014 at 4:47 pm said:

Can’t wait to try Outlast!

+ SnowMan2989 on February 4th, 2014 at 4:47 pm said:

So are the new call of duty maps coming out on the 6th or will they just be available for preorder that day?

+ califoreigner on February 4th, 2014 at 4:49 pm said:

store must be having issues because too many people are trying to download all the free greatness at once

+ califoreigner on February 4th, 2014 at 4:50 pm said:

btw trapt doesn’t actually play on the vita, right? I read several sources stating that it did

+ GummyCore on February 4th, 2014 at 4:52 pm said:

Grace, when you post these “other discounts”, “price changes” and “sales”, can you please specify what platforms those are? More than once I got excited when seeing the blog only to be disappointed. Good example is Lego Marvel Super Heroes from last week, only when I checked the store that I discovered it’s the lame Vita version that’s discounted, not the PS3 or PS4 versions.

+ Budapesti on February 4th, 2014 at 4:55 pm said:

For those asking about Warthunder, just create a European account on your PS4, download the game, then play it on your US account.
I did this when it released in Europe over a month ago, and I’ve been playing it on my US account with no issues whatsoever.
You’re welcome!

+ rabidninjamonky on February 4th, 2014 at 4:58 pm said:

@121 EJStrat Are you from Nebraska by any chance? I’m am and I’m about to be snowed in as well. I don’t have a PS4 yet, but I’m looking forward to playing Metro Last Light tonight! I’ve got plenty of Mountain Dew, Sara Lee Devil’s Food Creme Cakes, and games to play, so bring on the snow!

+ elchorno on February 4th, 2014 at 4:59 pm said:

Kinda disappointed to see Dust Force not being cross-buy. Think I’ll grab just the Vita version then.

+ mastorofpuppetz on February 4th, 2014 at 5:05 pm said:

@112, you won’t outlast is the first game that made me scream outloud numerous times lol.

+ zingakun on February 4th, 2014 at 5:07 pm said:

Yaaaay, Dark Souls II. I was afraid it wouldn’t be a Day-1 title. Thank you!!! \o/

Any chance of us having some bonuses for preordering it? I mean, the ones who preorder a physical copy will get a steebook and the OST. It’d be great to get at least the OST if I preorder a digital copy :)

+ Rainwater on February 4th, 2014 at 5:15 pm said:

Wolf among us for Vita…when?

+ Surfaced on February 4th, 2014 at 5:22 pm said:

Isn’t Remember Me part of the Instant Games Collection for this month?

+ LAspartan on February 4th, 2014 at 5:26 pm said:

Since the update i cant play online on battlefield 4. Is that just happening to me?

+ GummyCore on February 4th, 2014 at 5:33 pm said:

Where is Lego The Movie game? Can we pre-order it or just go buy it from the store on Friday? No pre-order bonus then (not even a theme)? Any cross-buy for PS3 and PS4 versions, or a $10 upgrade? (Those should presumably be the same game, unlike Vita version.)

+ TooLegit505 on February 4th, 2014 at 5:36 pm said:

So, Being as Smart As was released a week ago on PS Plus and all the other free games have been on there multiple months, I ASK AGAIN WHAT IS THE FEB FREE GAMES FOR VITA? I’m tired of these same old free games. I read somewhere Street Fighter vs Tecken and Mod Nation Racers would be available but nope. Nothing New. Please beef up the vita section it sucks.

+ Zanir9x on February 4th, 2014 at 5:46 pm said:

@137 – TooLegit505 – The free vita games are updated in the 3rd and 4th week of each month.

More or less is like:
1st Week – The BIG PS3 Game and PS4 Game
2nd Week – PS3 or Indie Game
3rd Week – Indie Game or Vita Game
4th Week – The BIG Vita Game
5th Week – Some months have 5 weeks, on these cases can be a PS3/PS Vita/Indie

In Europe have all the games on the 1st week, but here on NA are rotating each week, anyway you’ll get it soon it or later during the month, so don’t worry

+ siriusbee on February 4th, 2014 at 5:51 pm said:

Just FYI, if you try to restore your licenses in order to play Outlast by going to Settings > PSN > Restore Licenses (as mentioned above), you may get an error a few times. Just keep trying it, it worked after three or so tries for me.

Man the game is pretty scary!

+ HugoStiglitz_420 on February 4th, 2014 at 5:56 pm said:

How are some people able to download Outlast already?

I started the download as soon as the update went live. I’m only at 1 GB, and it says I need another 12 hours.

This is BS. My connection is way faster than that. Speedtest just said I am getting 3 mbps even while the game is downloading. Why in the hell is the game downloading so slow for me but not for others?

Is sony’s support number on 24/7? I’m pissed. This keeps happening with everything I download from PSN on the PS4. On PS3, everything downloads much faster but still not as fast as it should.

You got more money from people joining PS Plus, when are you gonna improve PSN?

+ mames on February 4th, 2014 at 6:05 pm said:

It’s getting annoying sifting through Atlus games and DLC every week. It’s clear they’re just doing this to make the Sale section their own storefront instead of just doing price drops like everybody else.

+ siriusbee on February 4th, 2014 at 6:12 pm said:

@140: My download took about 15-20 minutes, but I do live NYC. It may be that my network is more ‘proximal’ to some of Sony’s datacenters (my connection tests via the PS3/PS4 generally report a range of 10-20 mbps down. Other than that, you may have just been unlucky and hit a slow stream?

+ unstablefears on February 4th, 2014 at 6:24 pm said:

Anyone having trouble logging into the store on PS4? I’m in Canada, yet every time I try to access the store it says it’s not available in my country/region….

+ tusunami on February 4th, 2014 at 6:28 pm said:

I am glad to see that 3 PS Vita games came out today, keep em coming. These sales are awesome might have to check into these some more!!!!!!!!!!

+ drgnflm666 on February 4th, 2014 at 6:29 pm said:

@140
No issue downloading for me. I believe I download faster on my PS4 than I did on PS3.

+ narutofanO6 on February 4th, 2014 at 6:29 pm said:

TWAU ep.2 all the way

+ TooLegit505 on February 4th, 2014 at 6:30 pm said:

The PS Plus vita selection is crappy as well. The same 3 games have been on there for mulitple months every since I joined. Cant we get a decent PS Plus selection on Vita?

+ YOCDUB on February 4th, 2014 at 6:32 pm said:

Also unable to login to the store.

+ Sevyne on February 4th, 2014 at 6:33 pm said:

@140

3 mbps is not fast at all, that’s why. That’s even really slow for a mobile phone…

Not trying to sound insulting to you, but with a connection like that, what do you expect?

+ GeR3636 on February 4th, 2014 at 6:33 pm said: