PS4 - Destiny

Hatsune Miku: Project DIVA f Debuts on PS Vita this March

Aaron Webber's Avatar + Posted by Aaron Webber on Feb 05, 2014 // Associate Brand Manager, Sega of America

Hello again, PlayStation aficionados, Miku fans, and gentlemen and ladies with fine taste in music games. Aaron from SEGA here, and we’re excited to confirm with you all that Hatsune Miku: Project DIVA f will be releasing for your PS Vita this March!

The game will be available on PlayStation Store, and will also feature a completely separate set of Trophies from the PS3 version (go for that double Platinum)! We’re also happy to confirm today that we will be bringing over the DLC that many have asked us about: the Snow Miku 2013 DLC, the Extra Character Modules Pack, and the Extra Songs pack will all be available at launch in March. We’ll be announcing details on pricing for these, as well as the full game, here on the Playstation Blog soon.

It’s amazing to look back and see how far we’ve come over the last year. For that, we have nothing but thanks for each and every one of you who picked up the game (or plans to) and is part of that story. From a Facebook post asking for your likes and shares, to a PS3 version announcement and successful launch, and now, for all the PS Vita owners, a portable version of Hatsune Miku: Project DIVA f in just a month. A lot can happen in a year!

Questions? Comments? As always, we’ll be around responding to your notes below. Drop a line and let us know what you think!

P.S. Do you live in or near Birmingham, Alabama, or Kansas City, Missouri? Stay tuned for our next blog post if so!

+ N_Studios_3939 on February 5th, 2014 at 3:30 pm said:

Hopefully it’ll be released on March 9, because that’s International Hatsune Miku Day!

And since Project Diva F 2nd and Project Diva f 2nd were delayed from March 6 to March 27, Miku Day 2014 just won’t be the same this year. But if Project Diva f releases here on March 9, then it’ll at least feel like every other Miku Day again.

+ Aaron Webber on February 5th, 2014 at 8:16 pm said:

More news on the March release date soon!

+ Etharius on February 5th, 2014 at 3:41 pm said:

Fantastic, I can finally retire my Japanese version and get the full benefit of an English release (DLC, hurrah!) – thanks Sega, really appreciate your efforts :)

It’d be really cool if you could also sort out a metal sonic download for Sonic All Stars Racing on Vita too… Just thought I’d throw that out there…

+ Aaron Webber on February 5th, 2014 at 8:17 pm said:

You’re very welcome. Thank you for picking up a copy (again) to support it here in the west!

+ Rvlvr_Ocelscott on February 5th, 2014 at 3:51 pm said:

I’d definitely say try to do physical releases when possible. I’m a huge collector and have passed on games in the past because I absolutely hate digital only releases. That and my Vita’s 32 gig card is already full. Thanks for answering, I will consider getting it. Do you know the file size?

+ Aaron Webber on February 5th, 2014 at 8:17 pm said:

Good feedback, thank you for that! We’ll be announcing the file size in a future blog right here.

+ DarkOne_PR on February 5th, 2014 at 3:55 pm said:

PHANTASY STAR ONLINE 2!!! WHERE IS IT?!!!

+ Aaron Webber on February 5th, 2014 at 8:18 pm said:

I’m afraid I don’t know on that one, but as stated, I’m a big PSO fan, too!

+ Sevyne on February 5th, 2014 at 4:01 pm said:

Just tossing my name into the hat of folks that will always prefer physical over digital. It’s not a dealbreaker though. Just a preference.

That said, I passed on the PS3 version because I wanted the Vita version. Even gave my word that you’d have a guaranteed sale from me if you put out the Vita version. Well, you got one more for the list here that will be buying the game. Look forward to it!

+ Aaron Webber on February 5th, 2014 at 8:19 pm said:

Appreciate the feedback, thank you Sevyne. And likewise, thank you for sticking to your word and supporting the title on PS VITA. :)

+ StevenBezarius on February 5th, 2014 at 4:18 pm said:

Finally! I’ll be sure to get it as soon as posible!
Looking forward to play it! :)

+ Aaron Webber on February 5th, 2014 at 8:19 pm said:

Nice, thanks Steven! Hope you’ll have a great time playing it on the go!

+ Hanako106 on February 5th, 2014 at 4:39 pm said:

So Hatsune Miku: Project Diva f is coming out in March ? Nice , gonna order 1 copy :D.

Let’s hope the price will be ” nice ” , not like the PS3 version : 60 Dollars O_O.

1 little wish: Please don’t make Project Diva f 2nd another 2 years of waiting :(

+ Aaron Webber on February 5th, 2014 at 8:20 pm said:

Actually, the PS3 version is only $50. The PS VITA version will be even cheaper than that.

Thanks for your support!

+ IXxHIJACKERxXI on February 5th, 2014 at 4:48 pm said:

(80028ED6) pls fix psn

+ X_O-Big_Boss on February 5th, 2014 at 5:00 pm said:

I’m so excited for this version, I’ve been playing Project Diva F almost every day for the last 3 months; there’s no other music game like it <3

+ Aaron Webber on February 5th, 2014 at 8:24 pm said:

Nice to hear that, thank you Big_Boss. :) We can’t wait to release the PS VITA version for you all next month!

+ Onii-chan101 on February 5th, 2014 at 5:16 pm said:

Will this solely be sold only in the PS Store or will it also be sold in Gamestop?

+ Aaron Webber on February 5th, 2014 at 8:25 pm said:

We’ve only announced a PSN release. Good question!

+ Zeruel36 on February 5th, 2014 at 5:40 pm said:

@Aaron Webber
Thanks for the effort in replying to questions. Hopefully you’re still around to answer. I know PS3 had added new songs that was later released for the Vita via DLC. Are all of these songs coming in those Extra Song Packs? I will absolutely cry rivers of tears if Tell Your World doesn’t get included (favorite song).

Thanks for localizing this. I’ve clocked several hundred hours into the PS3 version and adore the blasted game. <3!!

+ Aaron Webber on February 5th, 2014 at 8:26 pm said:

No problem!

Worry not, Tell Your World will most definitely be included in the Extra Songs Pack. :)

+ PrinceofXIII on February 5th, 2014 at 5:50 pm said:

thanks for bringing this Sega and Aaron for answering the questions :)

guess i’ll buy this then? :P

+ Aaron Webber on February 5th, 2014 at 8:26 pm said:

You’re very welcome, and hope you enjoy it!

+ avluis on February 5th, 2014 at 6:00 pm said:

@Aaron

I second what Zeruel36 mentions as well.
Really love Tell Your World as well and it must make it to the PSVita in any possible form or fashion.

As for the AR Cards, when games on the PSN store are bought, some of them offer launch week DLC that gets added onto the purchase.
With this in mind, you can easily attach a permanent DLC that gives the link to the AR Cards so that they can be downloaded from the PSVita and then onto a computer, if this works for some users.
If not you can simply have a clickable link on the Live Area screen for the game which takes you to those AR Cards as well.
Otherwise though, I can see them been distributed as either a PDF for printing or individual pictures on a website.

+ Aaron Webber on February 5th, 2014 at 8:27 pm said:

As just mentioned, Tell Your World will most definitely be included in the Extra Songs Pack.

For the AR cards, we’ll have more news on this soon!

+ GChhun on February 5th, 2014 at 6:04 pm said:

I hope this game will come out before March 9

+ Aaron Webber on February 5th, 2014 at 8:28 pm said:

We’ll reveal the final March date soon. Stay tuned!

+ Niko_of_Death on February 5th, 2014 at 6:09 pm said:

Oh really? It’s “going portable”? Weird, I thought that I had this copy in my vita right now released in 2012. I must be imagining things.

+ Aaron Webber on February 5th, 2014 at 8:28 pm said:

In English? Now that’s impressive!

+ Sharp_andPointy on February 5th, 2014 at 6:42 pm said:

I bought the Japanese Vita version, I bought the US PS3 version for my sister, and I’m buying this version.

+ Aaron Webber on February 5th, 2014 at 8:28 pm said:

And for all of the above, you are awesome and a fantastic human being. Thank you for supporting the series so much!

+ Holamanx on February 5th, 2014 at 7:13 pm said:

I already imported the japanese version a little while ago, is it possible to get the download content onto the japanese physical copy?

+ Aaron Webber on February 5th, 2014 at 8:29 pm said:

I believe the western DLC will only work with a western copy of the game. Good question though!

+ Aaron Webber on February 5th, 2014 at 8:30 pm said:

And with that, everyone, it’s almost midnight here on the East Coast, and it’s time to get some rest. Thank you all for your comments today on the blog, and as always, for supporting titles like Hatsune Miku: Project DIVA f.

You’ve been awesome! Take care, and good night.

- Aaron

+ XZoMBeKiLLeR on February 5th, 2014 at 9:08 pm said:

Still excited BUT, not as much. I went on Wikipedia and saw Project Diva F 2nd coming out in March 14th 2014. I guess thats for japan though :l well I already own F but when i get a Vita i’m not going to have much games so i guess i’ll pick this up again :P

+ CrimsonCursed on February 5th, 2014 at 9:39 pm said:

No physical, no Purchase
Sorry, and as much as i am a Hatsune Miku fan, I would rather keep my Japanese Physical over a Download version of the game.

Its not about size or space of the game, and it is also not about reselling the game.

I like to have something on my shelf, and I never sell my Vita games. so its not about trading them in.
I already platinum-ed the game, and wouldn’t mind doing it again.

I also have PSO2 Pysical copy on my Vita, and would also like that game to get localized.

Come on SEGA, dont go below Crapcom in quality

+ MaxSterling85 on February 5th, 2014 at 9:46 pm said:

Personally I would like a physical version not only for me but I would gift this to friends for their b-days, that may not be as interested but definitely would play it. Take a note from Pentavision’s release of DJ MAX Techika Tune Limited Edition release. Price it at $100 and make a limited run it will sell out and you’ll still have the Digital Version for those wanting that version or those late to the game. Of course please make more than 1000 copies because that game sold out in one day.

+ DazRoyal on February 5th, 2014 at 9:50 pm said:

I can’t wait to play Hatsune Miku Project Diva F on my PS Vita!!

Hopefully this game cost $20 bucks.

+ Devil0821 on February 5th, 2014 at 10:11 pm said:

I can’t wait to buy this game!

March needs to hurry up and get here quicker!

+ pandakids09 on February 5th, 2014 at 10:39 pm said:

Thank you so much Sega and Sony for finally making this happen! Totally buying this day 1 of its release over and wishing F 2nd makes it over here too

+ GoldPickle1080 on February 5th, 2014 at 11:29 pm said:

I’m probably gonna be getting a PS Vita just for Miku on the go!

+ Gamerzlimited on February 5th, 2014 at 11:44 pm said:

Since Aaron is done replying to comments, I figured this is the right time for me to say this:

To those who want a physical copy of Hatsune Miku: Project Diva f, I rather not and I have reasons why. I’m sorry to say this but I think Vita cartridges are absolutely worthless to me. Not a single retail Vita game I seen in the US contains a physical manual (Not even Persona 4 Golden!). This is one important reason I find value to a retail game. I would not be surprised if there was a physical copy of this game would just be a cartridge inside a case. And since this is Hatsune Miku we talking about, I expect the physical copy to have a physical manual.

Another reason I find them worthless is that the physical copy will install a bubble on your screen and consumes an app space. What’s the point of a retail game if the game installs on to your system? Just digitally download the game, don’t waste your time and app space as the Vita has a 100 app limit. You never use up all your memory card’s space if you keep buying Vita cartridges.

Unless the game is on PS3 (Which it is), then it’s a different story. I rather have a physical copy for PS3 than Vita.

+ ZombiePyro on February 6th, 2014 at 4:15 am said:

Getting my kagamine hoodie, A Dr. Pepper, and this.

+ JENNY101282 on February 6th, 2014 at 4:20 am said:

You have NO idea how happy I am about this. :) I actually had to replace a controller after playing Miku on my PS3 for a few weeks. I’ll be a little less… determined :P on my Vita. But yea, I am all over this. SO EXCITED!! :D

Hopefully this Vita title goes well and you guys localize PD2nd. :) I seriously want that game as well.

+ wanderlast03 on February 6th, 2014 at 5:28 am said:

Decided to post to show my support. Really happy these games are starting to be localized here. For sure buying this game, despite having the JP PS3 version and the ENG PS3 version. Playing it on a portable device is just too convenient to pass up (also the factor of supporting the franchise for future localization). Really hoping PDF 2nd gets localized soon or at least it being considered for localization in the (near) future, still deciding if I want to import a copy or wait.

Thanks guys for listening to the fan’s demands!

+ jelly500 on February 6th, 2014 at 5:58 am said:

You should of ported it sooner SEGA. I already have it on the ps3. I’ll just get Diva F2nd for my vita -___-

+ pandoraboxley on February 6th, 2014 at 6:57 am said:

oo i go need buy the dlcs? for have the 5 songs?and hwve teto haku and neruand miku swon ;( who much this gonna cost im jp psn the kodules is1.500 yens and the musics 300 yens wait how much going cost theproject diva f who date going go jn march?

+ UMH1992 on February 6th, 2014 at 7:44 am said:

I stumbled upon this game by randomly playing the demo in Wal-Mart one day (of all places) and was immediately hooked. Played all of the PSP games, and now I’m anxiously awaiting this Vita iteration. I would have bought the PS3 version a long time ago if it was just a shade cheaper. $50 is kind of a lot to throw down on a rhythm game, I’m afraid. :/

+ erapago on February 6th, 2014 at 8:40 am said:

Best part about this version coming out is that my girlfriend will transition to it, and the PS3 version will (hopefully) no longer show up in our PS3′s disc drive! No more surprise singing at high volumes when I turn it on!

+ Seluhir on February 6th, 2014 at 8:51 am said:

I hate most rhythm games, mostly because I’m inherently terrible at them(but also partially because I don’t like a lot of the music)… but I like Vocaloid music enough that I think I might give this a try on my vita… I wouldn’t ever play a game like this on a home console so I gave a pass to the PS3 version, but I can see myself playing this at a hotel or on the bus…

+ meltedwolf on February 6th, 2014 at 9:51 am said:

Outlast = cannot start this application. This application can only be started by a user who has lisence for it.

What is this? Anyone else have this issue? I cannot play. Help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

+ Catastrophe_2008 on February 6th, 2014 at 10:18 am said:

just dont mess it with the price(s) like the ps3 version.

+ godshand3547 on February 6th, 2014 at 10:47 am said:

I hope this game is succesfull so i can look forward to the English release of F2nd for PS3. Unfortunaly i cant support this one since i dont have and i cant afford a Vita (unless i stop eating for 3 months, but thats another topic).

Project Diva f for PS3 (English Version) was my first one and i cant stop playing it now.

Keep it up, Sega. Looking forward for future updates

P.S. Sorry for the messed up English, my native language is Spanish

+ XxKiller_s993xX on February 6th, 2014 at 12:46 pm said:

I have the Hatsune Miku ps vita bundle, and was looking forward to getting the us version of the game until I read that there wont be a physical copy of the game. Looks like I’ll pass on the us version.

+ BlueBl1zzard on February 6th, 2014 at 12:57 pm said:

I find it very interesting that users who apologize for their “messed up English” a lot of times display better English than native English speakers lol.

+ Seluhir on February 6th, 2014 at 1:39 pm said:

@BlueBl1zzard

It’s pretty simple… since they KNOW they’re learning the language, they tend to be more aware of how intricate the rules surrounding it are than many native speakers, who completely dismiss those rules since they grew up with the language. Because they’re aware that they’re making mistakes, just not sure where the mistakes are, they tend to be apologetic towards it even though the mistakes they make are things many native speakers aren’t even aware are mistakes.

That guy specifically made a few minor spelling mistakes and one or two little grammar ticks ( this is ignoring contractions since almost nobody online uses apostrophes in them), but unless you either actively write, are an English major, or just have a really good memory back from English class in school you’re unlikely to even remember the rules that he broke. lol

+ MrDuckzilla on February 6th, 2014 at 2:19 pm said:

Awesome! Can’t wait. Better get saving then!

+ genius527 on February 6th, 2014 at 2:40 pm said:

Saving for what your playstation plus i don’t know but i do not know if i’m going to get that game on my psvita because right now i’m still work’n on my internet or online service on my psvita!!!

+ Ryuzakil2004 on February 6th, 2014 at 3:10 pm said:

Awesome!! I can finally get some Miku on the go. If this sells well I hope we can get the sequel and possibly Project Mirai for the 3ds!

+ genius527 on February 6th, 2014 at 5:07 pm said:

Ryuzakil2004 what do you mean when you say getting project miral for the 3ds i thought you have a psvita too!!!

+ Gamer_USA- on February 6th, 2014 at 5:47 pm said:

Props for responding to each post all the way up to the third page. That alone makes me want to buy this game to support you guys

+ Awesomei7V on February 6th, 2014 at 7:30 pm said:

cross buy?

+ Tweendoriru on February 6th, 2014 at 8:19 pm said:

I, as well as many, many others, appreciate the localization of the Project Diva F/f games!!
I had imported the PS3 version and therefore did not buy that localization. However, I will be sure to buy the Vita’s localization, as I just bought myself a Vita and can now do so :)

I think what would help a lot of people to buy it is having physical copies available — I know my taste is not the same as the majority of gamers, but I rather like having the physical copy of the game, even if it is mostly to add to my collection-shelf and to gawk at the art. Do you think that it’s likely to start releasing physical copies of these games if they get enough attention as far as digital downloads go?

Keep up the amazing work, Sega!

+ Karn_Silve_Golem on February 7th, 2014 at 9:36 am said:

I thought Sega of America was given the task of making Diva f 2nd. How hard would it be to make both version at the same time. I have been told by a number of people who work in game stores that the first one did surprisingly well in America.

+ Castawayfan on February 7th, 2014 at 11:43 am said:

anyone know if this’ll get a physical copy? or will it just be digital

+ carly1477 on February 7th, 2014 at 11:46 am said:

So excited for this, picking it up day 1. I love my PS3 version :)

+ TubaDude49 on February 7th, 2014 at 8:24 pm said:

Can you say if Ryo was the last DLC character planned for Sonic All Stars Racing Transformed? I know Miku placed right behind him in the DLC poll.