PS4-Watch_Dogs

The Drop: New PlayStation Releases for February 11th, 2014

Ryan Clements's Avatar + Posted by Ryan Clements on Feb 09, 2014 // Social Media Specialist

The Drop

Strong, witty, and a little rough around the edges, Ellie from The Last of Us played a tremendous role in making the critically-acclaimed PS3 game shine. Her endearing dialogue and emotional connection with Joel provide The Last of Us with several layers of narrative. But there’s more of her story to be told.

This week on Friday, The Last of Us: Left Behind arrives on PS3. The DLC explores Ellie’s past, along with her connection with close friend and confidant, Riley. This additional chapter in the world of The Last of Us bestows gamers with intimate insight into defining moments of Ellie’s past.

But there’s more coming this week to the world of PlayStation. Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII launches on PS3, concluding Lightning’s chapter in the long-running JRPG series. Lightning Returns features a large, open world, tons of sidequests, and an elaborate customization system that will let players design their ideal fighter.

For a complete list of games coming this week, read on. And enjoy the Drop!

Blowout
Toukiden: The Age of Demons
TxK
Wolf Fang
Zombeer

New PlayStation Releases This Week

PS2 Classic — Digital
Mutated clones have overtaken the battle platform known as the Honour Guard. With the crew dead, only John “Dutch” Cane can step in and stop them. Potentially while he enjoys a cigar.
Bundle: Borderlands 2 & Dishonored
PS3 — Retail
Two massive, critically-acclaimed games, now available in one package. Survive Pandora and hunt down amazing loot in Borderlands 2, or prowl the shadows and seek revenge in Dishonored.
PS Vita — Digital, Retail
A group of high school students are pulled into a deadly trial, judged by a murderous bear. Unravel the mysteries surrounding an unusual court in this quirky game of truth and lies.
Bundle: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim & BioShock Infinite
PS3 — Retail
Another herculean pairing comes to PlayStation with this package. Journey the icy forests and great halls of Skyrim, or plunge up into the lofty reaches of Columbia as Booker DeWitt to wipe away his dark past. RPG fans and shooter aficionados have more than enough game here to enjoy.
PS3 — Digital
Return to the start of the Far Cry series with this updated classic. Explore the beautiful but dangerous island environments of Far Cry with enhanced visuals, cutscenes, and a refined user interface.
Far Cry Compilation
PS3 — Retail
For gamers that missed out on the thrill of the Far Cry series, look no further than this Blu-ray collection that bundles Far Cry 2, Far Cry 3, and Blood Dragon into one package. See how the Far Cry series brought its own tremendous, open environments to the first-person shooter genre.
PS Vita — Digital
A pirate-themed tower defense game with unique ships, powerful bosses, and immense spells. Protect your fortress with towers as the battle boils on both land and at sea.
The Last of Us: Left Behind
PS3 — Digital (Available Friday)
Uncover an additional chapter of Ellie’s past, and her connection with her close friend, Riley. Explore a fragment of Ellie’s life before The Last of Us began, as the two teenage girls move through a shopping complex and peer into a world they never knew.
PS3 — Digital, Retail
The final chapter of Lightning’s story, Lightning Returns, brings the rose-haired warrior to a new world open to exploration. Customize Lightning’s weapons and attire, while saving lost souls teetering on the brink of the apocalypse.
PSone Classic — Digital
One of the most iconic video game characters of all time makes his retro return! Toc-Man has kidnapped Pac-Man’s friends and family. Now it’s up to Pac-Man to save the day.
PS Vita — Digital, Retail
A fantastical third-person action game from the team at Tecmo Koei. Take up the role of Slayer and stop the Oni menace from undoing the very fabric of humanity. Use the souls of fallen heroes to aid the Slayers in their fight.
PS Vita — Digital
A spiritual successor to the genre-defining, 90′s shooter Tempest, TxK packs in 100 levels of score-chasing play. Set to a pounding soundtrack, players can lose themselves in three different games modes for five minute bites or marathon sessions climbing the scoreboards.
PSone Import — Digital
Jump into a mech and get shooting. This high-speed platformer throws players into a futuristic struggle burning through Australia and New Zealand. Wield auto-cannons, grenade guns, lasers, and more in this explosive mission from the PSone generation.
PS3 — Digital
Stay alive during the zombie apocalypse by consuming just the right amount of Zombeer. This first-person shooter comes filled to the brim with crazy gags, film references, and — of course — zombie hordes. Don’t get turned!

Demos and Betas

Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 — PS3 Demo
Far Cry Classic — PS3 Demo
Oddworld: Stranger’s Wrath HD — PS3 Demo
Skullgirls Encore — PS3 Demo
Toki Tori — PS3 Demo

The information above is subject to change without notice.

+ brigf6 on February 9th, 2014 at 12:23 pm said:

What’s the free PS+ game that comes out when the Store updates?

+ CapJSheridan on February 9th, 2014 at 12:26 pm said:

Will Pac-Man World be compatible with PS Vita?

+ Shadowskypez on February 9th, 2014 at 12:38 pm said:

Far Cry Classic and Compilation insane choices!

+ sparepart on February 9th, 2014 at 1:05 pm said:

Toukiden: The Age of Demons. Is this just for vita? I read it is PSP crossplay. Will it work for the PSPgo?

+ Mando44646 on February 9th, 2014 at 1:36 pm said:

Finally a good week for Vita for once!

My PS4 is still gathering quite a bit of dust though

+ Ry-Dog on February 9th, 2014 at 1:42 pm said:

The PSone game, Pac-Man World, on the Playstation Store, this Tuesday. (squeals with joy and excitement)
YAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
=) My number one requested PSone Classic as a downloadable title is finally coming out on the Playstation store, after years of waiting for it to come out.

keep them PSone Classics comin Mr. Ryan Clements.

+ BrianC6234 on February 9th, 2014 at 1:45 pm said:

Since the Last of Us DLC comes out on Friday will we get it at midnight or do we have to wait all day? It would be nice to at least have the Friday releases ready to go first thing Friday.

+ MaximMicheal on February 9th, 2014 at 1:54 pm said:

Looks like a good week its gonna be! I’ll be grabbing The Last of Us: Left Behind DLC and Far Cry Classic HD. And don’t forget the new games for the Instant Game Collection for PlayStation Plus members too!

Thanks Sony!

+ Voice_of_Wind on February 9th, 2014 at 1:59 pm said:

I had a question in regards to the Drakengard series, I had heard that a third entry might be released this year. I was curious, what would be the feasibility of getting Darkengard 1 and 2 released as PS2 classics before then?

+ asilentnoise on February 9th, 2014 at 2:10 pm said:

will we be able to buy Far Cry 1 and 2 separately ?

+ dash383535 on February 9th, 2014 at 2:12 pm said:

do you know if left behind will come out at midnight

+ kivi95 on February 9th, 2014 at 2:32 pm said:

Great psvita week BUT weeks without a PS4 game should be gone :/. Atleast have some content like new apps or demos.

+ CommandingTiger on February 9th, 2014 at 3:01 pm said:

Huge drop this wekk!

+ butcherknife on February 9th, 2014 at 3:05 pm said:

TxK will be a day one purchase. Tempest was one of my favorite arcade games when I was a kid…very happy to see TxK on Vita.

+ duchessban1 on February 9th, 2014 at 3:12 pm said:

Can’t wait until Friday when the DLC for The Last of Us comes out . I did pre-order it so yes I am so looking forward to it. I have already played the game through 3 times! I plan on playing it on the different levels, which I have never done with any of my other games. Not very good at shooters, but I will give it my best shot lol. The Last of Us has won so many Game of the Year Awards and well deserve! I decided to go check out how many. Well I guess at last count they have won 203 posted as of Jan 11. I don’t think this includes the D.I.C.E. AWARDS they just got which I believe was 9 or 10 :) They have also gotten a lot of praise through all media and I agree!! It is one of the best games out there. If you haven’t played it yet do so!! You will not be disappointed!!! Naughty Dog Big Kudos to you and I hope we get MORE in this series!! ;)

+ Gamerzlimited on February 9th, 2014 at 3:18 pm said:

Where’s Hyper Crazy Climber? It was suppose to arrive on last week’s update. This is the first time I seen Sony missed a game that was advertised to arrive on a specific date. At least they didn’t miss Wolf Fang, hope they don’t miss Tomba 2 next week.

@sparepart Hate to break it to you, but it’s only the Vita version that will be localized. So no.

+ genius527 on February 9th, 2014 at 3:30 pm said:

What you do’n here gamerzlimited!! and it seems like this this game is gonna be a popular game sense the game is showen right up there in the new forums!!! And especially because the game is come’n out and it’s new!!!

+ divineLite on February 9th, 2014 at 3:34 pm said:

strong week for Vita
Danganronpa is a game which I will play till battery drop, charge it and drop it again
Can’t stop when playing a game as intense as it is. Not too mention the action phase for Class trial is so much great too, far even better than critically acclaimed Ace Attorney series

Tokiden is as close as Monster Hunter vita can get, yet I never like Monster Hunter series…
I’ll still buy it to support it though

All and all, through 2014 there are many Japanese Vita release localized and I’ll try to support them all by buying them. Seeing all vita released until April feels so great, hopes this will be a glimpse for better future

+ genius527 on February 9th, 2014 at 3:47 pm said:

I know it’s just all about Vita!!! and kinda ps3 and ps4, i wonder if they gonna make another ps vita forum so we can just talk about vita, vita, vita!!! Oaah and ps vita games!!!

+ Dangisuckatgamin on February 9th, 2014 at 4:18 pm said:

Really bad week if you have a PS4, but that’s kind of to be expected (well not really… but won’t go into that rant.)
I assume we’ll get Payday for free this week on +, so that’ll be cool (if Remember Me that’ll work too)
Not a Vita user and never will be (have already said why i HATE it so much)

+ GABEv01 on February 9th, 2014 at 4:27 pm said:

I’m ready to experience what was LEFT BEHIND on TLOU. Not like there’s anyone out there feeling the same way… Right? Hehe!

+ pablofsi08 on February 9th, 2014 at 4:32 pm said:

1. Add more ps4 game discounts
2. Add a manual pause downloads option for both games and dlc/updates
3. Add flash to the ps4 so any video is just plug and play, easy to watch
4. Enable YouTube for watching/uploading from the Share button
5. Enable us to use external HDDs but with an online validation process for every game installed onto them verifying we actually bought the game in digital format from the PS Store
6. Enable mp3/mkv playback

+ Teflon02 on February 9th, 2014 at 5:22 pm said:

I just came to confirm a next sad week for Vita users who’ve waited a year and a half for the Crash PSOne games lol. Goodbye

+ WolfyHopeless on February 9th, 2014 at 5:31 pm said:

@71 you won’t be missed lol. Goodbye

All about Toukiden. Played the demo and was sold. Good week for PS in general.

+ Xtream__Attitude on February 9th, 2014 at 6:11 pm said:

When does Far Cry Classic go on the PS Store?

+ narutofanO6 on February 9th, 2014 at 6:15 pm said:

got lightning retuns on psn and dl the demos for skullgirls and castlevania los 2

+ franky_boyzz on February 9th, 2014 at 6:34 pm said:

alway online ?? add me

+ Surfaced on February 9th, 2014 at 6:38 pm said:

Price on Left Behind?

+ AizawaYuuichi on February 9th, 2014 at 7:26 pm said:

@ asilentnoise: You can already buy Far Cry 2 separate from anything else. Are you referring to digital or physical? And do you mean those two without getting three, or one of those without the other? Because digital, yes, two and three are already available, and now the first will be as well, so you can buy the ones you want. Physical, no. The only way to get the first one is in the compilation.

@ sparepart: Toukiden was, in fact, released on PSP in Japan, alongside the Vita, and features cross-play between the two versions. However, only the Vita version is being released here in the US, as GamerzLimited said. So no, it will not work on the PSPGo.

@ Xtream__Attitude: When the store updates on Tuesday around 2pm PST, same as every week (aside from certain pre-orders that go up at midnight).

@ Surfaced: It’s already available for Pre-Order on PSN, so you could easily check the price yourself. It’s $14.99 or free with the season pass.

+ seraph979 on February 9th, 2014 at 7:27 pm said:

beyond!! will my toukiden demo save transition into the retail game?

+ ossiecastro5 on February 9th, 2014 at 7:36 pm said:

Really? Pac-man 20th Anniversary? Seriously?

THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU!

This was one of the only PS One games that I could never complete due to lack of memory card. I still have the disc verson too. But it doesn’t work anymore. But now I can get it digital! Thank you Sony!!!

+ Lestatdelioncort on February 9th, 2014 at 7:56 pm said:

Awesome more classics too hopefully you guys can bring Valkyrie Profile (PS1) and Valkyrie Profile 2: Silmeria (PS2) as PSN classics too : ) pleaze

+ Teflon02 on February 9th, 2014 at 8:04 pm said:

@72
LMAO :(
I’ll be back to do my complaint ritual again Tuesday ;)

+ andremal on February 9th, 2014 at 8:44 pm said:

My copy of Lightning Returns, along with the Hardcover Guide, has shipped. I’ve also been playing the Toukiden Demo over the weekend and am hooked. I’ll be getting that digitally on Tuesday.

+ sic2291 on February 9th, 2014 at 10:30 pm said:

I’ll definitely be getting Danganronpa and Toukiden fairly soon. I’ll probably go retail for them though to save on memory space.

Also nice to see Pac-Man World and Wolf Fang(assuming there isn’t too much text to deal with) as I’m interested in getting those. Really looking to Pac-Man Museum on the 25th.

+ karocage on February 9th, 2014 at 10:41 pm said:

Thanks for more PS2 and PS1 classics! Keep em coming!

+ Splodem on February 9th, 2014 at 11:35 pm said:

I don’t understand the need for 3 FFXIII games. They find every excuse to no remake VII,or heck, even make a sequel, yet apparently there’s enough demand to rehash XIII over and over? I doubt it.

Nice to see another PS1 classic. Still hoping to see these soon:

Tecmo’s Deception
Suikoden 2
Megaman Legends 1 and 2
Vandal Hearts
Einhander
Jade Cocoon

+ bmrskate on February 10th, 2014 at 12:13 am said:

Tempest came out in the early 80′s, not the 90′s. Other than that, great releases update!

+ BigE_1995 on February 10th, 2014 at 1:58 am said:

already pre-ordered the last of us behind !!!! i support naughty dog , love their games

+ lisatsunami on February 10th, 2014 at 3:18 am said:

This has never happened before that I am getting 3 games featured on The Drop: Left Behind, Toukiden from the PSN store, and Lightning Returns CE. I’m also buying the new Gold headset which my local GameStop dude said arrives this Wednesday, in time for these games. If he’s mistaken, I’ll wait to play Left Behind until I have them since the sound design will probably be as awesome as the main game.

+ AizawaYuuichi on February 10th, 2014 at 3:37 am said:

@ Splodem: There wasn’t a consumer need for three FF XIII games. There was a financial need. They spent so much time and money making the first game, and it didn’t sell well enough to turn a profit. So they just kept on using the engine and assets to make more games, until the original cost plus minimum extra effort put in was offset by the sales of the later games. It seems their work has either finally become profitable, or they decided to end it before they lost even more money. With FF XIV-2 out, and XV and KH3 finally on the horizon, as well as the HD remakes coming out, maybe they just don’t need XIII anymore.
Though don’t forget, we got Dirge of Cerberus, Crisis Core and Advent Children, all as part of the FF VII saga, so it’s still the largest single entry in the franchise.

I personally wasn’t a fan of VII. It was the last PS1 entry I played, so maybe that’s part of it, but I’m quite happy with the series continuing to move forward.

+ viceforce on February 10th, 2014 at 4:19 am said:

Been playing Lightning Returns since Friday awesome game to finish off the XIII trilogy. Looking at those games and demos it going to be a sick week. Here’s hoping that Payday 2 arrives for Plus tomorrow.

+ GioRage on February 10th, 2014 at 5:15 am said:

The hardest question isn’t -What do I buy?- The hardest question is -What excuse do I use when I call in to work and tell hem I’m not coming in!-

I used up all of my sick days so I may have to call in dead!

Thanks Sony :)

+ GODFATHERTIG on February 10th, 2014 at 6:34 am said:

OMG THANKS ITS AMAZING TO OWN A PS4 And ALL the Amazing stuff in this DROP FOR IT. I am SO SO SO STOKED MAN BEYOND………..BEYOND the DUST THAT COLLECTS ON my 400$ NEXT GEN MACHINE. Nothing can compare to these next GEN GRAPHICS SONY thankyou.

+ Catalyst85 on February 10th, 2014 at 6:43 am said:

Some more PS4 demos would be nice.

+ TheOathsworn on February 10th, 2014 at 6:59 am said:

Only Lightning Returns and Danganronpa for me this week, Toukiden will have to wait till I actually get around to trying the demo out and it that will have to wait until I’m done with God Eater 2.

+ promethean on February 10th, 2014 at 7:12 am said:

A while back, I remember reading a PSN response in the comments about bringing King’s Field to the US PSN store. There was something about licensing rights with the US publisher to be worked out. Given the success of Dark Souls and the pending sequel, has there been any progress on this front? Does the KF series have a viable chance of seeing a release here in the near future? I’ll be honest: even if it were exclusive digital for the PS4, I would buy a PS4 just for that,

+ KinkyWiZard420 on February 10th, 2014 at 7:19 am said:

Ima get behind that Left Behind!

+ SpooNManX on February 10th, 2014 at 7:26 am said:

I wish Sony would start releasing these PS Classics for the PS4. No need to wait for that PlayStation Now service when the PS4 is more than capable of accurate PS1 & PS2 emulation.
Not to mention the PS4 DESPERATELY needs some games released for it.

Is there any chance of other games getting a Cross-Platform release for the PS4 like Sound Shapes, Flower, flOw, Escape Plan? I think Journey, Everyday Shooter, Rock Band Blitz, Soldner X 1 & 2 would be great on the PS4.

+ amirpro2 on February 10th, 2014 at 7:28 am said:

Why no Far Cry Classic for the PS4? it should be even easier to port since it came from the PC