PS4 - Destiny

No Heroes Allowed: No Puzzles Either! Coming Soon to PS Vita

Tomoyo Kimura's Avatar + Posted by Tomoyo Kimura on Feb 10, 2014 // Assistant ISD Producer, SCEA

Hi everyone! We are happy to announce that the No Heroes Allowed series is making its return in Spring 2014 as a free-to-play hunting puzzle game for PS Vita! This is the fifth entry in the series, and we call it No Heroes Allowed: No Puzzles Either! Just as the name suggests, the humor (and 8 bit art) that the series is known for is back and better than ever.

No Heroes Allows: No Puzzles Either! on PS Vita

Who said it was easy to be a bad guy?

As a “God of Destruction,” you must use your evil power of destruction to defeat more than 200 quirky looking heroes in 64 levels of match-three puzzles. As you conquer levels and capture heroes, the heroes are banished to your dungeon, where they work for you to dig up valuable items in the mines that can be used as power ups during subsequent levels.

No Heroes Allows: No Puzzles Either! on PS VitaNo Heroes Allows: No Puzzles Either! on PS Vita

Also, don’t forget to enter the “Badman’s Lair” where you can use your evil genius to combine your choice of monsters, heroes and items already found through the game to create an even more powerful army.

Look out for more details soon, and stay evil!

18 Comments

+ Gorvi on February 10th, 2014 at 2:33 pm said:

So is this something like 10000000?

+ poodude on February 10th, 2014 at 2:37 pm said:

Loved the PSP games so I’ll definitely be checking this out!

+ NickZ2112 on February 10th, 2014 at 2:40 pm said:

Awesome! Vita needs more match 3 games. Keep em coming.

+ Jtanooki on February 10th, 2014 at 2:49 pm said:

Great, Thank you!

+ xClayMeow on February 10th, 2014 at 2:56 pm said:

Never heard of this series (though I never had a PSP, so that could be why).

Looks interesting. Just how “free-to-play” is it?

+ plaztiksyke on February 10th, 2014 at 3:27 pm said:

Liked the original PSP games, but not really digging this new take on the gameplay. I do like the 3D Dot Game Heroes look, though :)

Any chance of a Vita native version of the original games?

+ Stealth20k on February 10th, 2014 at 3:28 pm said:

**** that sucks, I loved this series and now its ruined.

+ Stealth20k on February 10th, 2014 at 3:29 pm said:

I loved this series and now its ruined.

+ Sekoku on February 10th, 2014 at 3:42 pm said:

SWEET! HOLY INVASION OF PRIVACY, BADMAN 5. DO WA–

> free-to-play hunting puzzle game

oh. Oh. Oh dear. Oh deary me. Pass, sorry NISA/devs. But knowing “Free to Play” it’s going to be “free to play for five minutes and then microtransactions. Or knowing the platform “free to demo but the full title requires an upfront fee.”

Which begs the question: Why not just do a demo for a pay-for Badman title then? :/

+ haze-BoY117 on February 10th, 2014 at 3:42 pm said:

PSM version this game was so great can’t wait to play this natively on vita.

+ Stratos671 on February 10th, 2014 at 4:11 pm said:

Looking forward to this one! I loved playing the psp versions of the game!

+ Elvick_ on February 10th, 2014 at 4:48 pm said:

I wish it was just a regular one time purchase game, like the mobile one. I’ll give it a go since there’s nothing to lose and see how fair the model is. But I’d be more excited if it weren’t F2P.

+ todd567 on February 10th, 2014 at 5:20 pm said:

i love these games but free to play idk those free to plays always suck

+ kabphillie on February 10th, 2014 at 6:18 pm said:

Treasures of Montezuma Blitz is free to play plus microtransactions, but I’ve never spent a penny, and I’ve gotten quite a bit of time out of that game.

+ tusunami on February 10th, 2014 at 7:42 pm said:

Now this is intriguing, I will have to read up on this some. Glad to see more games coming out for the PS Vita!!!!!!!!!

+ avluis on February 11th, 2014 at 12:07 am said:

eliminate/extend the 100 app/save limit!

Yay! I got this with my Japanese PSVita, glad to see it coming over!

+ NevidUS on February 11th, 2014 at 5:29 am said:

Hahaha.. I was interested in the psp games but it was incredibly hard for me. I tried it a dozen times but my lair would just keep failing. The puzzle psm game on the other hand, was more reasonable for me while still containing the essence of the game. For me anyway, don’t know about actual badguy experts..

+ Regor91 on February 11th, 2014 at 2:45 pm said:

Free to play has me worried. That doesn’t necessarily ruin a title, but it sometimes mars the experience. Hopefully this game is done right and (since it’s free) I’ll definitely try it.