Days Gone

Feb 10

Feb 10

PlayStation Plus: Payday 2 Free for Members

Kristine Steimer's Avatar Posted by Sr. Community Specialist

Heads up, PlayStation Plus members. It’s time for some serious shenanigans – Payday 2 is coming to the Instant Game Collection tomorrow. Team up with your friends to pull off a variety of heists, like robbing a convenience store or taking down a major bank vault. Completing these virtual crimes will net you both experience points to build out your character’s skill tree and cash to purchase new weapons and other goodies. For PS Vita owners, our final PS Vita PLAY title, TxK, will be available tomorrow at a discounted rate.

You can download Payday 2 after the PlayStation Store updates tomorrow.

PS Plus 2-11-14

PlayStation Plus: Instant Game Collection

Payday 2 (PS3)

Free for PS Plus members

Payday 2
PAYDAY 2 is an action-packed, four-player co-op shooter that once again lets gamers don the masks of the original PAYDAY crew – Dallas, Hoxton, Wolf and Chains – as they descend on Washington D.C. for an epic crime spree. The new CRIMENET network offers a huge range of dynamic contracts and players are free to choose anything from small-time convenience store hits or kidnappings, to major league cyber-crime or emptying out major bank vaults for that epic PAYDAY. While in D.C., why not participate in the local community and run a few political errands?

PlayStation Plus: Discounts

TxK Banner

PS Vita PLAY Sale

Game Title PS Plus Price
TxK $7.99

Other Discounts

Title PS Plus Price Original Price
Blood Knights $7.99 $9.99
Draw Slasher $2.75 $5.99

PlayStation Plus: Last Chance

Last Chance (Leaving on 2/18)

Instant Game Collection
Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed (PS Vita)
Poker Night 2 (PS3)

Discounts
TXK
Blood Knights

If you’ve got feedback on today’s Plus update make sure vote in the poll and leave a comment below. To discuss all things PlayStation, including this update, you can also head over to the PlayStation Community Forums where you’ll find topics you can contribute your thoughts to, or start one for yourself.

Add Your Own

PAGE 1 3 4 5

DownHillRocket said:

February 11th, 2:29 pm

U of Japanese descent?

Jak_0neill said:

February 11th, 2:30 pm

@DHR

half and half a whole other bunch of stuff lol.

DownHillRocket said:

February 11th, 2:31 pm

I have skype btw so we dont have to do this in the comment section sorry playstation… downhillrocket1 is my skype name

KevCore said:

February 11th, 2:32 pm

@Jak_0neill yea sure add me :P
& I’m installing the game right now @DownHillRocket

DownHillRocket said:

February 11th, 2:33 pm

I speak a little Japanese but not much like i can count and greet people thats about it OH and i can sing happy birthday lol

DownHillRocket said:

February 11th, 2:34 pm

@KevCore cool 54 still downloading

Jak_0neill said:

February 11th, 2:35 pm

@DHR
i use OOvOO lol skype is my enemy..

@KCore
added lol

and what other games are you guys playing? im helping other people with Dragons Dogma DA.

DownHillRocket said:

February 11th, 2:36 pm

getting on tf2 ill tell u when done signing off the site…

Jak_0neill said:

February 11th, 2:37 pm

haha@DHR

thats alot by definition not many people can do that. i can only speak Nihongo when my father yells at me or when someone with authority yells lol

DownHillRocket said:

February 11th, 2:37 pm

@Jak i play this list: Cod ghosts, black op2, black ops 1, Dead space 2, GTA5, Hearthstone and a few more.

Jak_0neill said:

February 11th, 2:42 pm

@DHR

sweet!

i tend to steer clear of the COD’s but ill get on if you do..although i might be super rusty-__-

My list

Dragons Dogma:DA
RDR
BLK ops1/2 on occasions
BF3/4
DC Universe

lol i have a total of 190 Downloaded games so its more of a roulette as to which ones i play.

KevCore said:

February 11th, 2:44 pm

i’ll add you on Skype @DownHillRocket going to update the game now.
& sry @Jak_0neill i don’t have OOvOO :/
games on PC(Steam) atm: DayZ, Civ5
PS3: GTA5, AC3

DownHillRocket said:

February 11th, 3:10 pm

well now we all have payday in common so just finished install

kstarp627 said:

February 11th, 4:30 pm

Add me homies. I have a mic and wanna rob banks with chill people aha. PSN: kstarp627

sweetcheeba54 said:

February 11th, 5:31 pm

I just downloaded this game twice and each time I tried to launch it i got “An error occurred during the start operation”. I guess I wont be getting Payday for free.

DarkToonLinck said:

February 11th, 8:59 pm

I love PS+ but we need more Vita games for the IGC. When is Street Fighter x Tekken coming?

ThumbsOfSteel74 said:

February 12th, 9:00 am

Guys, never try to download something on the IGC if it isn’t showing up as free yet. Take a look at the timestamps of the posts when people were having the most problems: just before 2pm PST. The store updates at around that time every Tuesday, and every week people freak out just before that.

IMHO, you should probably avoid using the store at all when they’re updating it to avoid errors and incorrect charges. Even better if you can avoid the store entirely on Tuesdays, just to be on the safe side.

Anyway, glad it all worked out for most. But if you’re reading this, try to relax at least until late afternoon next Tuesday. :)

Oh, and pay attention to these Monday Plus posts for info on what will be leaving the IGC soon. So you don’t miss out.

HeyItsDishGuy said:

February 12th, 4:32 pm

I am literally angry. At a video game. That happens so rarely that I just had to put down a (my first) comment.
Firstly, the demo for payday 2 wasnt bad. (srsly tho, no splitscreen in a game that begs for it? I know, not your fault PS+) It wasnt anything more than a FPS rehash of state of emergency, it seems. Run around and try to kill security forces.

Secondly, the game didnt show up as a PS+ download when it should. (These things happen, I can wait.)

Thirdly, the patch for a 4 gig game was 4 gigs. To be quite blunt about that, WHY do you not simply host the prepatched game IN THE FIRST PLACE?! (I’m not shooting the messenger, I’m asking the messenger who I should shoot for wasting so much bandwidth)

Fourth, I need to go register an account at starbreeze studios so I can provide ‘constructive criticism’. And by constructive I mean cussing up a storm.
*kicks superman64 out of the top spot*

ScottZhuang said:

February 12th, 10:44 pm

= =Such a big payday2 update patch! Why not just publish a new version of game, not to waste players’ time!

kiduki83 said:

February 13th, 1:41 am

Still I do not see free

Methos1975 said:

February 14th, 1:22 pm

Eh so the rumour is that Dead Nation is the PS Plus title for the PS4 next month. I hope this isn’t true, the game was crap when it was dropped years ago and no amount of a rez jump can fix that. Give us something we actually like to see, like Strider, because Dead Nation again is akin to a big middle finger to us PS4 owners

Notorious_Jae said:

February 14th, 4:09 pm

sony

RazeExec said:

February 14th, 8:09 pm

I didn’t get this game when it came out because I wasn’t sure if it was worth the cash and now I’m glad I put off on buying because now I get to play for free.

bubbastooge said:

February 15th, 8:44 am

As an older dude I would like to see something besides shooters and fight games every month. I understand not too many geezers may be subscribed to PSP. I currently delete 75% of the new stuff after checking it out. Would like to see more puzzle, sports and move type games. Thanx.

Amy-Louise15 said:

February 22nd, 5:54 pm

Has payday been taken off playstation plus already on here it is one of the free games you can download but it isn’t there all the other games are?

Vman360 said:

February 23rd, 6:31 am

It’s the 24th and (at least for me) Payday 2 isn’t for free on any playstation store (pc and ps3 version), i would really like to try this game but i cant seem to find the download, can someone explain why (if you are able to) this is happening or has it simply not come out yet?

Crashpilot_GER said:

February 27th, 3:21 pm

Hey, i was wondering if anybody knows when the european store will be updated, i am really looking forward for Payday, but cant download it, it makes me go crazy lol

puertoricanblack said:

March 3rd, 10:29 am

Why won’t the downloaded version of PD2 take my information from the saved data in my PS3? I’ve played my friends PD2 disk on my system but now that can download the game I figured I could play my game and give his back but it won’t assume my data? Why?

PAGE 1 3 4 5