Far Cry 4

Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 Demo Out Today

T.K. Shrodes's Avatar + Posted by T.K. Shrodes on Feb 11, 2014 // Community Manager, Konami

Want a taste of Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2? Originally available only to owners of Castlevania: Lords of Shadow – Mirror of Fate HD and the Castlevania: Lords of Shadow Collection, the Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 demo will be available for everyone today on PlayStation Store. Download it today, and draw first blood against Dracula’s many enemies in this demo, which highlights Gabriel at the height of his power.

Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2

Lash out with the Shadow Whip, a cruel remainder of Gabriel’s once holy Combat Cross, or steal your enemies’ very souls with the Void Sword. Employ my personal favorite, the Chaos Claws, to break down your foes’ defenses and smash them into a very satisfying paste. Dodge, jump and combo your way from Dracula’s own throne room to an enormous assault against Dracula’s castle, showing off differences in scale from the original Castlevania: Lords of Shadow and the many additions to the Mercury Engine that make this title bigger, better, and just like Gabriel’s turn… Darker.

Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2

Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 is available on PS3 in North America starting February 25th. Stay tuned for a special deal for the Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 digital pre-order on PlayStation Store!

+ DemonShadowX on February 11th, 2014 at 11:07 am said:

I loved this demo when I got the LoS Collection. My only complaint was that its short and I want more! Can’t wait for this game! DAY 1!

+ cubbielovr on February 11th, 2014 at 11:10 am said:

I am very interested to see what the deal is with the digital pre-order, but I am still waiting for a digital pre-order for Watch Dogs on PS4.

+ KazeEternal on February 11th, 2014 at 11:11 am said:

Really excited for LoS2. Release Faster!!!!

+ DecadanceFantasy on February 11th, 2014 at 11:13 am said:

I’ll give this a try. Might be fun.

+ chicag0riginal on February 11th, 2014 at 11:14 am said:

Stoked for everyone that has not had the chance to see how AWESOME this game will be but have to admit…
I’m a little bummed it isn’t a different slice of the game. C’est la vie!

+ DemonShadowX on February 11th, 2014 at 11:15 am said:

@2 Likely a Theme and one of the 3 Pre-order bonuses for retailers….Or something special like a Soundtrack.

T.K. Shrodes's Avatar

+ T.K. Shrodes on February 11th, 2014 at 1:46 pm said:

Even better. We think you guys will be really stoked once you see it!

+ boomstickbhg on February 11th, 2014 at 11:17 am said:

The trailer looked really interesting so I’ll definitely give the demo a try.

+ cool_trainer on February 11th, 2014 at 11:43 am said:

Is the demo anywhere around 1.5 – 2 hours long? (jk love you TK)

T.K. Shrodes's Avatar

+ T.K. Shrodes on February 11th, 2014 at 1:48 pm said:

Ah, the fastest players will probably storm through in under 20 minutes, but most will finish around the 24 min. mark (based on examples around the office). There are multiple difficulties and different options to explore, and you won’t really get to see all of the different moves until you play through for maybe the 2nd time. It only feels short based on how action-packed it is. :)

T.K. Shrodes's Avatar

+ T.K. Shrodes on February 11th, 2014 at 1:49 pm said:

Of course I’m talking about the CVLOS2 demo.

+ tusunami on February 11th, 2014 at 11:43 am said:

I have always wanted to play this & put it off. Now that there is a collectors Ed. & the price is right. You like that reference no, this will be another game to add to what I will play. So much gaming goodness I’m all giggles!!!!!!!

+ weasamericans on February 11th, 2014 at 11:45 am said:

where is my payday 2 free instant game twitter account said it was out today but its not in the store was someone lying?

+ faraway25 on February 11th, 2014 at 11:47 am said:

Wait… Hey konami, how come you didnt decide to just sale this for $30? Arent you doing that with your metal gear solid demo?

+ Hayterfan on February 11th, 2014 at 11:49 am said:

Sweet, Ive been waiting for this

+ wBENDERw on February 11th, 2014 at 11:56 am said:

I’m going to check this out, if i can drop my Demon Soul habit woohoo psn!!

T.K. Shrodes's Avatar

+ T.K. Shrodes on February 11th, 2014 at 1:49 pm said:

Oh man, that’s a hard habit to kick. I still get white tendency twitches every now and then.

+ Kchow23 on February 11th, 2014 at 12:02 pm said:

Will the DLC for the first game ever be on sale or perhaps even free similar to Metal Gear Rising? I really enjoyed the game up to the ending where there is a huge gap that isn’t explained and it was later sold as DLC.

T.K. Shrodes's Avatar

+ T.K. Shrodes on February 11th, 2014 at 1:51 pm said:

Occasionally we do discount the DLC, make sure to follow us on Twitter (www.twitter.com/konami) to make sure you don’t miss the next sale.

+ Matrix_Lion on February 11th, 2014 at 12:10 pm said:

I can dig it.

+ Ryumoau on February 11th, 2014 at 12:42 pm said:

curious to try the demo out. :)

+ tj8_84 on February 11th, 2014 at 12:43 pm said:

hey when are you guys going to shipping out more ps4 camera they are impossible to find and when is the US getting the Sony dualshock 4 charging station

+ Arkeen on February 11th, 2014 at 4:34 pm said:

Definitely thought the story was pretty amazing in LoS. Underrated game for sure. Look forward to the demo.

+ D-Squad3 on February 11th, 2014 at 5:05 pm said:

So when will Castlevania Lords of Shadow 1 hit PlayStation Plus?

+ chicag0riginal on February 11th, 2014 at 5:21 pm said:

If Your still responding here, T.K. Shrodes, I have a question:
Why no collectors/special edition in the states?

+ AriesWarlock on February 11th, 2014 at 5:32 pm said:

Hey T.K. Shrodes

Thanks, I will check the demo right now.

One thing, I want to ask that Konami put all the portable Castlevania games + SOTN to be put into a single disc, a Castlevania collection, for those of us who do not have a gameboy, DS, etc. I await your confirmation. Thanks.

+ RulitoCR on February 11th, 2014 at 5:48 pm said:

Finally LoS2!! So much love for this franchise!! (Please the next Castlevania must be like Aria/Dawn of Sorrow or Order of Ecclesia)!!

+ Ricopitote on February 11th, 2014 at 9:17 pm said:

OMG! Just finished de demo and I am AMAZED by the graphics! Gameplay is fun and thight. I didn´t have this game in my radar but now, buying it at lauch day!

+ Skeetlejuice on February 11th, 2014 at 11:27 pm said:

Hello T.K.

I am very excited about the imminent release of Lords of Shadow 2, and was wondering if you could tell me about Konami’s official preorder bonuses in Canada. I have only seen an offer at ebgames for dracula costume, and then relic pack via online purchase only through Best Buy and Futureshop. I do not have a credit card for BB or FS so cannot get that offer despite, preordering at Futureshop in the hopes that I might get a code instore.

I cannot stand ebgames/gamestop and on top of their usual lack of service etc they are charging over the odds for the game at 64.99 whereas every other retailer has it for $59.99 i should note that I really prefer a physical copy for this, and after giving the first one to my brother who is now in japan, I just recently picked up another copy of LoS1, i played the demo which was good, when I purchased Mirror of Fate HD. I plan on finishing that before 2.

Thanks for any info and I looking forward to the new game.

+ Skeetlejuice on February 11th, 2014 at 11:42 pm said:

2. Mirror of Fate Dynamic theme – $2.99

I purchased after looking everywhere to see what the content was, despite an erroneous screenshots on the psn page for it. Nothing on Konami’s page, nothing on youtube and the internet that i could find and no description of what it entailed on the page itself. I understand that i take a risk and can’t just say well i don’t like it because of some small detail. I am disatisfied in the motion of the theme, it is one of the only things i have ever encountered that gives me motion sickness to look at. I had to change the background (to some Lords 2 concept art) I am trying to get my PS3 the flavour of castlevania in anticipation. That being said it is a very poor value for me, and i I wonder perhaps i can get some refund or something to repay my loyalty in your products.

Will there be some avatars / themes for Lords 2? Thanks for your assistance on this and I hope you have a very successful launch with the new game.

+ Catcher_BR on February 12th, 2014 at 6:00 am said:

i wish this was on PS4.

+ Welmosca on February 12th, 2014 at 7:48 am said:

My most anticipated game of 2014…since its announcement at E3 2012 I’ve been drooling to get my hands on it…downloaded the demo yesterday but I didn’t had the chance to play it yet….today I’ll finally get my hands on a bit of LoS 2….this game will be epic….the 1st one is underrated but its actually one of the best multiplatform games.I just cannot wait for the full game.

PS:Would you guys stop releasing so many videos?….its really hard for me to not watch them and I don’t want spoilers.

+ emmanuel04965 on February 12th, 2014 at 11:33 am said:

I played the demo on Nintendo 3DS.