No Man's Sky

New on Music Unlimited and Video Unlimited

Jeff Safran's Avatar + Posted by Jeff Safran on Feb 12, 2014 // Marketing Manager, Sony Entertainment Network

Featured Releases Now Available, Week of 2/11/14

Check out what’s new on Sony Entertainment Network’s ultimate entertainment services! Read more below.

NewReleases211

Music Unlimited Highlights

• A live recording of a Band of Horses acoustic performance at the legendary Ryman Auditorium in Nashville, including hits like “The Funeral.”
  • An EP from folk duo The Civil Wars, featuring covers of Elliott Smith’s “Between the Bars,” Portishead’s “Sour Times,” Michael Jackson’s “Billie Jean” and The Romantics’ “Talking in Your Sleep”
  • The official motion picture soundtrack for The Lego® Movie, including “Everything is AWESOME!!!” performed by Tegan & Sara and original scores by Mark Mothersbaugh.
  • The debut full-length from ✝✝✝ Crosses, the side project of Deftones singer Chino Moreno, including remastered tracks from their EPs, plus five new songs.

For further exclusive access to all the new album releases – see details here.

Video Unlimited Highlights

There’s lots of action and drama in this week’s New Release Recap. Sandra Bullock and George Clooney share some ‘quality time’ in the Academy Award-nominated Gravity, French kicker of butt Jean Reno returns to the big screen as an ex-mobster out for vengeance in 22 Bullets, plus lots more!

Gravity: Tina Fey said during the Golden Globes, “George Clooney would rather float away in space and die than spend one more minute with a woman his own age.” We’re not sure if that’s really true, but George Clooney does spend some serious quality time with Sandra Bullock in the dark silence of deep space.

GravityBlog

Dr. Ryan Stone (Sandra Bullock) is a brilliant engineer on her first shuttle mission, with veteran astronaut Matt Kowalski (George Clooney). Disaster strikes, leaving their shuttle is destroyed and Stone and Kowalski completely alone – tethered to nothing but each other and spiraling out into the blackness.

22 Bullets: If there’s one thing Jean Reno can do, it’s kick butt and take names. After starring in films like The Da Vinci Code and the classic Léon: The Professional, he’s very well practiced at it.

22BulletsBlog

Charly Matteï (Jean Reno) has left the mob life to turn a new leaf. After three years of living a quiet, comfortable life with his family, Charly is left for dead in the underground parking garage of Marseille’s Old Port with 22 bullets in his body. But death isn’t ready for him just yet, and he recovers to embark on a hunt for vengeance.

Want to get more Video Unlimited scoop on all the new releases? View further details here.

+ Dothius on February 12th, 2014 at 8:02 am said:

Where is Love Death Immortality by The Glitch Mob? I’m paying $10 a month so I DON’T have to illegally download music. If this service were free, I would understand. Unless you plan on adding this album, since you have all the others available, I will likely NOT be renewing my subscription. This is a major disappointment.

Jeff Safran's Avatar

+ Elina Chen on February 12th, 2014 at 11:30 am said:

Hi Dothius ~ We’re aware there’s a minor technical error in delivery of the album, however our team is working hard to get this up ASAP by end of today. Thanks for your patience!

+ ZeoKhalid on February 12th, 2014 at 9:18 am said:

We want sony to support Mp3. I’m done with Music unlimited ><"

+ Superstone on February 12th, 2014 at 10:19 am said:

Ultraviolet support or bundle 3D,HD, & SD so I can stop buying blu rays.

+ GGCAN on February 12th, 2014 at 12:05 pm said:

Please bring more movies into the 3D section of Video Unlimited.

I am buying the discs as it seems Sony isn’t keeping up with 3D lately.

+ JKar275 on February 12th, 2014 at 4:46 pm said:

Still no progress on the issue of bringing support for MP3, DLNA, & audio CD to the PS4?

Therefore, the boycott of Music Unlimited will continue.

It’s very shameful on Sony’s part that they didn’t design the PS4 with these features – but the PS3 has them.

+ Dothius on February 12th, 2014 at 8:41 pm said:

@5 The PS4 has an entirely different architecture and OS than the PS3. The reason there Unlimited works while playing games is because the console is running 2 seperate apps at the same time. The team has to design an app that is capable of ripping .mp3 files from a disc, storing them on the PS4, and playing them at the same time it runs a game. Then they have to test it for bugs, performance, stability with other OS features, etc. They are also working on many other features for the PS4 that were actually promoted but needed extra time in development. It’s not as if they have the application ready for release.
@Elina, thanks for the timely reply. It’s one of the only music releases I was looking forward to this year, so I was upset to not see the new album available yet. I am not up for renewal for a couple weeks anyways, so an extra day of waiting won’t affect my subscription.
On a side note, is the team aware of how slow the app runs on the PS4? If so, are there any stability patches in the works? The app runs amazingly on my phone.

Jeff Safran's Avatar

+ Elina Chen on February 20th, 2014 at 10:39 am said:

Thanks for your feedback, Dothius. The album is available as of last Friday. Our technical team is aware and currently enhancing the user experience of the app. on PS4.

+ InSaiyanOne on February 12th, 2014 at 9:48 pm said:

The Music Unlimited app is prone to restarts on my SG4 running Android 4.4. I also would like to know of the link to request albums if there is one. I’m still trying to understand how some older multi-platinum albums are still not on MU. As already referred to, you’re missing one new album. I know you can’t get every single song but being the service has been running for some time now I’m still disappointed in how inconsistent the library is when comparing multiple genres.

Lately Music Unlimited has been working awesomely on my PS4. Not sure of any changes but it would stop after about 10 songs while playing games previously.

+ FrankCastle on February 13th, 2014 at 5:25 am said:

I can’t get over the fact that I have music unlimited on my tablet, sony xperia z and PS4 and all of them always just randomly stop working. All the devices are the same, but the PS4 is by far the worst. On the PS4 it will start playing than after 2 songs just stop. Please fix this, is my second year renewing and while it has improved the app crashes too much.

+ BigDaddyEarl71 on February 13th, 2014 at 10:20 am said:

I enjoyed the years worth of Music Unlimited I got when they had that $12 deal over a year ago. If you would do another deal like you had a few months ago for $43.99, I sign back up.

+ bigperm1989 on February 16th, 2014 at 1:36 pm said:

Is there a way that we can send requests for songs to be added to music unlimited.
I would like Dom Kennedy- We Ball