Uncharted 4

The Evil Within on PS4, PS3: Evil Takes Hold on August 26th

Matt Grandstaff's Avatar + Posted by Matt Grandstaff on Feb 14, 2014 // Global Community Lead, Bethesda Softworks

You’re going to be happy your DualShock 4 can double as a night light. That light will serve as a small comfort as you play through the latest survival horror game from the genre’s most iconic game director, the legendary Shinji Mikami. Today we’re happy to announce that The Evil Within arrives on both PS4 & PS3 on Tuesday, August 26th.

Developed by the talented team at Tango Gameworks, The Evil Within embodies the meaning of pure survival horror. Highly-crafted environments, horrifying anxiety, and an intricate story are combined to create an immersive world that will bring you to the height of tension. With limited resources at your disposal, you’ll fight for survival and experience profound fear in this perfect blend of horror and action.

The Evil Within on PS4The Evil Within on PS3

While investigating the scene of a gruesome mass murder, Detective Sebastian Castellanos and his partners encounter a mysterious and powerful force. After seeing the slaughter of fellow officers, Sebastian is ambushed and knocked unconscious. When he awakens, he finds himself in a deranged world where hideous creatures wander among the dead. Facing unimaginable terror and fighting for survival, Sebastian embarks on a frightening journey to unravel what’s behind this evil force.

We’ll have much more news about The Evil Within leading up to launch. Until then, we leave you with the game’s official pack art, seen above. Sleep tight!

The Evil Within Valentine

+ komentra on February 14th, 2014 at 6:38 am said:

Wow. A game with decent cover art!

Matt Grandstaff's Avatar

+ Matt Grandstaff on February 14th, 2014 at 9:27 am said:

Glad you like it!

+ Codemiester on February 14th, 2014 at 6:49 am said:

The log reminds me of the Evil Dead movie logo.

+ Codemiester on February 14th, 2014 at 6:49 am said:

But great cover art.

+ Dustinwp on February 14th, 2014 at 6:50 am said:

Sweet! I’ve been waiting for a release date on this bad boy. I’ll be purchasing the PS4 version on day one. Doing a summer release when new game releases tend to be slow is dang smart.

+ PainOfSarrow on February 14th, 2014 at 7:08 am said:

my type of game. looks great.

+ LUCIFERSGLEAM on February 14th, 2014 at 7:20 am said:

I hope third time is a charm for Shinji Mikami outside of Capcom because Vanquish and Shadows of the Damned are not exactly very memorable games.

+ markedman54 on February 14th, 2014 at 7:21 am said:

THIS will be the reason I finally upgrade to a PS4

+ Shinra_Soldier7 on February 14th, 2014 at 7:29 am said:

Hopefully Ill have a PS4 before then but I am glad there is a PS3 version just in case for those who might not. This is my personal most anticipated game of 2014 so I really can’t wait for the release. The box art looks great too so great job to those who worked on that as well as the game.

+ Sonicfan11589 on February 14th, 2014 at 7:33 am said:

Hopefully it is scary like Outlast. That game was like a “breath of fresh air” when it came to being scared in a survival horror game. I haven’t scared like that in a good long time and i liked it. Hopefully the action part is done in a smart way.

+ GoldenShaka on February 14th, 2014 at 7:44 am said:

Thanks for include a ps3 version. :)

+ Kchow23 on February 14th, 2014 at 7:45 am said:

Not a fan of the box art, but I can’t wait to play Shinji Mikami’s next game… far sooner than I thought it would be.

+ Rezznak on February 14th, 2014 at 7:53 am said:

wow. Awesome news. This is the kinda stuff I love to see. Release dates!…and badass cover art. Happy Valentine’s everyone.

+ BattleSkard on February 14th, 2014 at 7:59 am said:

Yesss cant wait.

+ Folkeye on February 14th, 2014 at 7:59 am said:

One of those games on my radar. I’m a total chicken poop when playing these, so that makes them that much more fun. Looking forward to this one.

Matt Grandstaff's Avatar

+ Matt Grandstaff on February 14th, 2014 at 9:28 am said:

I hear it’s better if you play with the lights off :)

+ Yuranium on February 14th, 2014 at 8:12 am said:

Hahaha. The best Valentine’s Day greeting picture ever.

+ tokyopunchout on February 14th, 2014 at 8:12 am said:

So much yes.

+ DeadlyButterfly on February 14th, 2014 at 8:21 am said:

Amazing cover!!! I cannot wait to play this game! :D

+ Seeing_Red_Again on February 14th, 2014 at 8:25 am said:

Day 1 buy, can’t wait to play it this summer

+ italodancemp3 on February 14th, 2014 at 8:35 am said:

Matt For god’s sake please bring to PS Vita too please I’m begging you I really would like to purchase it with any price even $100 on Vita

+ Sylvester191 on February 14th, 2014 at 8:50 am said:

This is awesome, Mikami is a god of gaming.

+ nolo451 on February 14th, 2014 at 8:52 am said:

great, cannot wait! LOVE horror games.

+ S_L_I_C_K–T on February 14th, 2014 at 9:04 am said:

Please… Don’t waste our time mentioning games or hardware if their months and months down the road. Its always stupid to do this. Sony and its rep of delaying everything constantly I bet this game gets pushed out later this year and delayed like everything else does. Watch they hype it and hype and put up several preorders getting your money and then 1 day before release they will bombshell they need to delay it out a few more months and it will release Nov or Dec. its always a sony trend they love doing. So again don’t waste my time with lies. August release they say…. Give me a second…. LMAO!

+ S_L_I_C_K–T on February 14th, 2014 at 9:06 am said:

If the game is not done and ready the day after you announce it then don’t mention it at all. You guys at sony never get dates right and always delay games. Its your known trend. So like. I believe August release lol. That means christmas with your rep or 2015.

+ icecoldgangstaa on February 14th, 2014 at 9:49 am said:

Holy smokes that release day is so far away! May as well release it on October to give it more of a horrific mood. I love anything that’s supernatural + horror so I’ll be sure to pick this one up.

+ FerReyess on February 14th, 2014 at 9:49 am said:

Can’t wait for the beta, will reduce my anxiety

+ PrimeroIncognito on February 14th, 2014 at 10:12 am said:

@ icecoldgangstaa

You could just wait until October to buy it…

+ CelsuN on February 14th, 2014 at 10:13 am said:

omg, this is awesome *-*

+ hahpurr on February 14th, 2014 at 10:18 am said:

Happy Valentine. Here is a release date half a year away. Nothing with substance.

+ davidxraw on February 14th, 2014 at 10:24 am said:

Don’t forget to provide us gamers with a demo.

+ JROD0823 on February 14th, 2014 at 10:41 am said:

I guess I’ll be getting a nice birthday present, even if it is a few days late.

What a nice way to ring in my 30th birthday!

+ Welmosca on February 14th, 2014 at 10:58 am said:

Ha PS3 version thats what I’m talking about…thanks…game has potential but I hope its very improved until august because the latest gameplay videos aren’t too good…the gameplay is too clunky and with bad animations..I really hope these things get fixed by august because I got my eyes on this game and its almost a must-buy for me.

Nice boxart BTW.

+ EvoAnubis on February 14th, 2014 at 11:49 am said:

Okay, now THIS is a horror game for me. Games like Outlast and Daylight are okay, but here’s the thing: I hate first person games. I just can’t do it. If they were the exact same game, just in third person, I’d like ‘em a whole lot more.

The Evil Within is exactly what I’m looking for, and from someone I trust to do horror correctly. Can’t wait to put hands on this one!

+ ChainClutch on February 14th, 2014 at 12:14 pm said:

video games based off movies never work out

+ ChainClutch on February 14th, 2014 at 12:15 pm said:

and please dont make this another first person view game.. we already have too many (outlast, daylight, dying light, dead island. UGH!)

+ tusunami on February 14th, 2014 at 12:48 pm said:

Man there are alot of scary games coming out, I will hopefully play this when i have the time. But it’s cool to see the scary games making a strong presence for current & next gen.

+ gearhead32 on February 14th, 2014 at 1:04 pm said:

@33 What movie are you talking about?

+ YorlecmNwahs on February 14th, 2014 at 1:28 pm said:

Cover art looks like a Horror movie poster. NICE!!!

+ DarkWicahpi on February 14th, 2014 at 1:40 pm said:

I’m totally playing this with my headphones on and in the dark in the middle of the night. I’m soooooooooo absolutely psyched for this one

+ FenixJester on February 14th, 2014 at 1:49 pm said:

OMG So Excited!!! Can’t wait, this is in my top 5 must haves!!!!

+ KrizardXV on February 14th, 2014 at 3:05 pm said:

If by August, I still not getting my PS4, PC it is for this game.

+ RulitoCR on February 14th, 2014 at 7:42 pm said:

I’ll be waiting for this!!

+ callumnorris12 on February 16th, 2014 at 5:38 am said:

@33 what movie are you talking about

+ callumnorris12 on February 16th, 2014 at 5:39 am said:

@34 if you know anything about this game you would know it is a third person game

+ Shadow_Enz on February 17th, 2014 at 6:35 am said:

We haven’t had this kind of item management since Resident Evil Zero!

+ sawfan20 on February 26th, 2014 at 12:28 am said:

Looks amazing. Can’t wait to play it. Hope it is a great game.