Uncharted 4

Grounded: The Making of The Last of Us Now Available on Amazon Instant Video

Eric Monacelli's Avatar + Posted by Eric Monacelli on Feb 18, 2014 // Community Strategist, Naughty Dog

By now you’ve played The Last of Us and likely have learned more about Ellie’s backstory in The Last of Us: Left Behind. Maybe you’re been wondering how we got Joel’s beard to look so good or why Ellie acts like she does. We’re pleased to say that Grounded: The Making of The Last of Us can provide you with some answers and that it’s now available to watch for free.

Grounded: The Making of The Last of Us

If you live in North America, head over to Amazon Instant Video now and be the first, outside of our season pass holders, to watch the full, ninety minute, in-depth look at the making of The Last of Us throughout its development. We partnered with Area 5 to produce the video and it’s a thoughtful afterword to the game itself.

For those of you outside the US, Grounded will be coming to the PlayStation YouTube channel very soon. We’re working on additional ways for you to view Grounded in its entirety, so be on the lookout for those announcements.

In the next few days, we’ll also be providing a glimpse into the making of the Left Behind and some thoughts from the development team about what it was like to make our first-ever single-player downloadable chapter.

If you haven’t purchased The Last of Us, The Last of Us: Left Behind or our Season Pass yet, it’s best to do so before you dive into watching Grounded. As for our season pass holders, we’ll be adding even more value to your season pass in the coming weeks.

Be sure to check out Grounded and see how the game that’s won over 230 Game of Year awards, The Last of Us, was made.

+ HitmanRebornEX on February 18th, 2014 at 11:06 am said:

Awesome!!!!

+ Gorvi on February 18th, 2014 at 11:10 am said:

I’ll be watching this tonight before going back and hopefully finishing Left Behind. I almost forgot how amazing TLoU is, but yeah, it really is that great.

Just a thought, I’d totally buy and play all over again a PS4 version.

+ ZANIACK on February 18th, 2014 at 11:12 am said:

Thank you Naughty Dog for crafting the greatest piece of entertainment I’ve ever had the unquantifiable pleasure of experiencing.

Eric Monacelli's Avatar

+ Eric Monacelli on February 18th, 2014 at 7:07 pm said:

Wow. Thank you for the greatest comment ever. :)

+ Mando44646 on February 18th, 2014 at 11:14 am said:

not on Netflix or Hulu? I dont use Amazon Instant

Eric Monacelli's Avatar

+ Eric Monacelli on February 18th, 2014 at 7:07 pm said:

We’re working on it! It’s Free on Amazon tho! Go go go!

+ Xoombie503 on February 18th, 2014 at 11:15 am said:

cool

+ phinnv8 on February 18th, 2014 at 11:27 am said:

Neat, but when can we hear on a PS4 project from Naughty Dog? Hopefully by E3.

+ russdyer77 on February 18th, 2014 at 11:53 am said:

ND is the best!

+ tusunami on February 18th, 2014 at 12:01 pm said:

This should also make its way to crackle as well since its free. The more availabity the better.

Eric Monacelli's Avatar

+ Eric Monacelli on February 18th, 2014 at 7:07 pm said:

Yup, we’re going to try!

+ soundandvision77 on February 18th, 2014 at 12:12 pm said:

Thanks for this. Left Behind was awesome by the way. Appreciate the great single-player added content.

+ Shadow_Enz on February 18th, 2014 at 12:31 pm said:

This is wonderful! Now let’s all convince Amazon to create a PS Vita app for Instant Video!

+ Figboy on February 18th, 2014 at 12:35 pm said:

Awesome! I already have the Season Pass, but I grabbed this anyway! Left Behind was fantastic, by the way! I’d love to see more single player DLC set in The Last of Us universe. Perhaps Ishmael’s story, or maybe something completely unrelated to the events surround Joel and Ellie’s adventures. Basically, I just want more of The Last of Us universe, and I’ll gladly buy all the DLC. It’s a franchise with excellent story potential beyond our two original protagonists.

+ Permafry_42 on February 18th, 2014 at 12:38 pm said:

Not letting me watch the movie despite residing in Canada =C

+ cleversignin on February 18th, 2014 at 12:38 pm said:

watched it this morning, really interesting.

in B4 Canadians whinging that it is US only.

+ cleversignin on February 18th, 2014 at 12:40 pm said:

@12 you ruined my post, buddy!

+ GABEv01 on February 18th, 2014 at 1:05 pm said:

This video, Grounded, was just another reason for me to Pre-Order The Last of Us Season Pass. It’s a must see to the entire PlayStation Nation! Plus, owning the Season Pass is great! By far, hands down, the best bang for your buck when it comes to great content in what is known as the Best PS3 game. Thank you so much SCEA and Naughty Dog!

+ reson8er on February 18th, 2014 at 1:20 pm said:

Downloading now to my iPad Air, thank you SO much for making this available. I really wanted to watch this, but am not a big multiplayer guy, so buying the season pass seemed wasteful. I will happily get Left Behind now and watch this in the subway on the way how. Thanks again!

+ FuntimeBen on February 18th, 2014 at 3:29 pm said:

A million props to Area 5! They are hands down the best video production on the west coast! They singlehandedly got me back into games with their CO-OP show and is why I bought a PS3. Use them for EVERYTHING! They make video magic!

+ oo7PorscheMGS on February 18th, 2014 at 3:37 pm said:

Best PS3 game I’ve played and one of my top 5 games of all time…. excited that season pass ppl will be getting even more “in the coming weeks” …is the next online DLC coming or is it some other update / patch?? I really want (NEED!) more maps for online! 4vs4 with 2 SMART teams is awesome tactical fun.

+ p_morin on February 18th, 2014 at 3:53 pm said:

What about Canadian customers? Where can I get the documentary? I won’t buy the Season Pass because I already bought Left Behind and I’m not into the multiplayer mode. Thanks! :)

+ p_morin on February 18th, 2014 at 3:57 pm said:

Oops! Sorry, I didn’t read down to the end… ;)

+ piawna on February 18th, 2014 at 4:21 pm said:

Does the movie have spoilers for the game? I’m in the middle of the game.

Eric Monacelli's Avatar

+ Eric Monacelli on February 18th, 2014 at 7:08 pm said:

Yes major spoilers. Please play the game first!

+ meltedwolf on February 18th, 2014 at 4:43 pm said:

Also on amazon, PS4 TOMB RAIDER 39.99 today only

+ Mot345 on February 18th, 2014 at 6:53 pm said:

It said available in North America, then it changes to US only. Canada is in North America!

Eric Monacelli's Avatar

+ Eric Monacelli on February 18th, 2014 at 7:09 pm said:

Sorry that was a misunderstanding with Amazon. Just NA for now. We’ll have it available for others in all regions on other channels shortly.

Eric Monacelli's Avatar

+ Eric Monacelli on February 18th, 2014 at 7:09 pm said:

Arrrgh. Just USA for now. Sorry.

+ c06454 on February 18th, 2014 at 7:01 pm said:

Canadian customers screwed again!
It’s sad that companies even consider things like where you live when they try to sell things on the internet. Last time I checked, the goal of a business was to make money, so refusing to sell a product because someone lives in a country other than the good old USA, is just stupid and very bad business. I sometimes wonder if Americans even realize the rest of the world even exists…Like daniel3ub said, NO WONDER PEOPLE PIRATE STUFF, COMPANIES WON’T LET THEM LEGITIMATELY BUY IT!!

Eric Monacelli's Avatar

+ Eric Monacelli on February 18th, 2014 at 7:10 pm said:

We’ll have it for you soon! Please be patient. Check in next week.

+ genius527 on February 18th, 2014 at 7:06 pm said:

Why they putt’n this game on amazon they should be putt’n this on p.s. store. Ok but sounds kinda werid to me.

Eric Monacelli's Avatar

+ Eric Monacelli on February 18th, 2014 at 7:10 pm said:

It’s available on the PS Store via the Season Pass.

+ LURKING_WOLF on February 18th, 2014 at 7:21 pm said:

the last of us was amazing left behind as well left me wanting more naughty dog makes amazing
games can’t wait to hear more of the nex uncharted and there new project

+ Dangisuckatgamin on February 18th, 2014 at 9:14 pm said:

@24
That was a couple and utter pointless ending to your comment. Just saying.

+ Dangisuckatgamin on February 18th, 2014 at 9:16 pm said:

Opps got stuck in my thinking, that’s why I don’t type at night usually lol.
But what I meant to say was “That was a pointless ending to what you had to say”.. it wasn’t very smart to put on a open-blog. Basically. lol

+ Wind0625 on February 19th, 2014 at 12:53 am said:

Stuck on the regional restriction, sigh. Players outside US also like this game…hope there will be restriction-free version of this clip.

+ Kchow23 on February 19th, 2014 at 3:11 am said:

Please keep making these behind the scenes videos, I missed it greatly in Uncharted 3. I love to see how the soup is made at ND! :)

Also, Left Behind was amazing! best “expansion” I’ve purchased ever.

+ kmetek on February 19th, 2014 at 6:58 am said:

is this gonna be available also for UK SEASON pass buyers?

+ dleet1985 on February 19th, 2014 at 4:42 pm said:

Please bring it to the UK Amazon/Lovefilm!

+ xiiego on February 19th, 2014 at 8:11 pm said:

I do have the Season Pass, is it under Extras in the Main Menu?

+ Timbosh2890 on February 19th, 2014 at 8:58 pm said:

I have played my fare share of games and TLoU is my favorite (which in my opinion should have won the VGA game of the year) nothing doesn’t even come close not even Game of the year GTA 5 which is a very good game. If ND does make a second one don’t rush it make as good as the first one.

+ p_morin on February 24th, 2014 at 10:26 am said:

Thank you Sony! The documentary is now on Youtube : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R0l7LzC_h8I

+ Ryusennin on February 25th, 2014 at 1:16 pm said:

Worst season pass ever. Thank you ND — NOT.