Days Gone

Feb 18

Feb 18

The Order on PS4: New Trailer, Story Details Revealed

Ru Weerasuriya's Avatar Posted by CEO and Creative Director, Ready At Dawn Studios

Over the past few months, we shared with you our vision of a Neo-Victorian London in The Order: 1886, an alternate version of human history filled with mystery and advances in technology that take center stage in an age-old war.

This conflict that started centuries ago pitted mankind against half-breeds in a battle for survival. This became the catalyst for the noblest warriors of their time to come together in an alliance, an Order that waged war and held the line for hundreds of years. Through the centuries, their vigil has kept humanity safe and the war in a status quo while The Order’s members remained hidden behind history and legend.

But everything changes with the advent of the Industrial Revolution. The tide of war shifts as the Knights finally bring the battle to the half-breeds with the help of new weaponry.

The Order: 1886 on PS4

A glimpse of the Thermite Rifle, a key weapon in the Order’s arsenal

But with progress comes civil unrest and rebellion, by the very people they have sworn to protect. Oppressed by what they perceive to be a dictatorship, the Rebellion rises out of the streets of Whitechapel and quickly prove themselves a dangerous foe, taking up arms against the Monarchy and The Order.

The Order: 1886 on PS4

Concept art of Rebels

The Order now lives in a world where they must face and fight their fellow man while protecting their kind from the half-breeds. In The Order: 1886, you will be confronted by a diverse group of adversaries and use your weaponry against different factions.

We recently shared a first look at gameplay that illustrates the rebel uprising and that coverage is hitting today so be sure to check it out. Everyone here at Ready At Dawn is hard at work on the game. It’s been great to see all the excitement and we promise to share more of the game soon!

Add Your Own

PAGE 1 2

krazze_ said:

February 18th, 6:03 am

The TINGLES!! so excited for this game!

HitmanRebornEX said:

February 18th, 6:13 am

Cant wait too play this game, me and my ps4 are READY!!!!!

AOISHI_YAGAMI said:

February 18th, 6:15 am

Thank you!! i just wanna say this is going to be legen… wait for it… dary!!

freshprincepbg said:

February 18th, 6:16 am

Looks good.

I hope to see a stunning gameplay demo at e3.

YungShep said:

February 18th, 6:19 am

extremely excited. thank you for teasing, again. LOL!

HoshiJr said:

February 18th, 6:23 am

Looks really good. New IP is refreshing for new hardware. Would have been nice to see this a coop game in the sense of gears perhaps. But I think it can detract for the immersion.
Probably going to get a ps4 late this year when a few big games are out.

SaltyxBadxBoy said:

February 18th, 6:24 am

Looks awesome, I REALLY wish there was co op incorporated!

khknight said:

February 18th, 6:33 am

Corridor shooting and quick time events. EXACTLY what you SHOULD’NT show in your first trailer for a new shooter ip.

PLEASE reassure me that this trailer does not represent what the majority of the game is otherwise i will be severely disappointed along with a thousand other hardcore gamers who just want innovative and new gameplay experiences that we expect from next gen hardware.

If the order is more than this, then fire you’re marketing team. They’re doing a poor job of selling this game to us so far.

Constructive criticism over

Baedeker said:

February 18th, 6:52 am

Am I the only one who picked up a hint of Jack the Ripper in the trailer. 2 years before his time but not to much of a gap to be ludicrous.

Mattsta001 said:

February 18th, 7:02 am

I really like the setting and aesthetic. You really need to show some more gameplay. Gameplay wise it looked like a standard knee high walls, corridor TPS, same kind of gameplay we’ve seen a hundred times before. There was little compelling about the tiny glimpses we’ve seen.

It’s a real shame there is not 4 player co op in this game too. Seems like a glaring omission given there are four main characters in the game. Maybe in the sequel?

nYcFrEeWiLL82 said:

February 18th, 7:08 am

NO ONLINE…NO PURCHASE..JUST A RENTAL..FROM GAMEFLY. SAME GOES FOR INFAMOUS..IM PRETTY DISSAPOINTED THAT IT DOESNT HAVE AN ONLINE FEATURE..BEING THAT ITS A OPEN WORLD GAME WITH SUPER POWERS..IT COULD BE THE NEXT GTA FOR SONY..THINK ABOUT IT DEVS..AND GET TO IT!

Vcheese said:

February 18th, 7:10 am

Simply AWESOME!! more new IPs like this please!

Mando44646 said:

February 18th, 7:12 am

I AM SO EXCITED FOR THIS AND IT DESERVES ALL CAPS!

@9, yes Jack the Ripper is in it. In IGN’s commentary on the demo they saw, it mentions Jack

Mando44646 said:

February 18th, 7:13 am

Also another note for the developer, THANK YOU for no multiplayer. I’d rather have all resources devoted to a fantastic single player experience over any kind of multiplayer any day of the week. Good decisions all around

SureBigBuster said:

February 18th, 7:14 am

This is ridiculous. I’m really excited for this game but WHEN AM I GOING TO SEE SOME ACTUAL GAMEPLAY FOOTAGE???? Cinematic trailers don’t tell me anything about the quality of the game

Gamzinga said:

February 18th, 7:16 am

That trailer gave me chills, I’m loving what I see so far.

snakeeyes211 said:

February 18th, 7:27 am

When will we get to see actual gameplay footage?

nirojan45 said:

February 18th, 7:28 am

Looks good. Can’t wait to see some more at E3!

Blacq_Soul said:

February 18th, 7:35 am

yes! cannot wait!!!

pepiz92 said:

February 18th, 7:36 am

looks good but I am not convinced yet, I need to see more actual gameplay.

FearMonkey said:

February 18th, 7:50 am

I saw the footage on many sites and it’s all super low-res, low-quality streaming quality that doesn’t really show off the graphic fidelity of the game that much. Can we please get some good quality direct feed footage? I want to pore over every detail of the footage I’m getting but I can’t do that when it’s a pixelated mess. Why is this game getting such horrible disservice in that department?

Thanks.

JKar275 said:

February 18th, 7:55 am

Looks interesting but please release a demo/free trial.

NO DEMO/FREE TRIAL = NO PURCHASE.

mastorofpuppetz said:

February 18th, 7:59 am

RAD doing a terrible job selling this game, nice setting, and premise, then show a linear cooridoor, QTE gameplay. ugh. What sets this game apart? Needs to shoe better gameplay then that, cinematic trailers don;t mean anything.

mastorofpuppetz said:

February 18th, 8:01 am

@11, not every game needs MP..there is already over crowding with games with tacked on MP ,see tomb raider, whoch no one plays online. people only have time for so many MP games.

nailgunmassacre said:

February 18th, 8:03 am

My body is ready

ZiggyPoopdust said:

February 18th, 8:05 am

Great trailer, but I’m dying to see some actual gameplay already…

D-Squad3 said:

February 18th, 8:15 am

no gameplay?

Destiny89 said:

February 18th, 8:16 am

For those who want to see the gameplay: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Lj3pfRgiuU

MarinoBrea said:

February 18th, 8:17 am

When are we going to see GAMEPLAY? like an actual section of the game to get a good sense of the flow of combat mechanics and such? And pleae, don’t refer me to those snippets going around the net, I saw those and while it looks very good (though no very clean HD quality, to be hoenst), it barely showed any gameplay. How is this game played? We don’t know yet. It’s a new IP, it needs to start communicating in GAME LANGUAGE already.

RenderMonk said:

February 18th, 8:20 am

After reading through some of the comments, I want to take the time to commend you, Ready At Dawn Studios, for making a quality single player experience. Every game doesn’t need to be multiplayer, and I for one, am more of a single player gamer, and really appreciate the dedication to a single player experience.

The trailer looked great, really enjoy the look and feel of the game, but after all this time, waiting to see the new gameplay footage, and not getting it was kind of a let down. Almost 3 mins of trailer, and nothing was shown with any action, no gameplay. I understand the claim that gameplay will look just like the cinematic, but as cool as the trailer was, I’m walking away feeling let down. Seems we should have seen the game in action and got a release date, or nothing should have been shown at all.

I say all this with all due respect. I have high hopes for this game, and can’t wait to play it. Just be careful not to wear out the patience of your fans, with trailers that are more teaser than trailer. Keep up the hard work guys, very excited for the game and a release date!

saab01 said:

February 18th, 8:21 am

Looking forward to play this game once it hits stores.

Deadpoolian said:

February 18th, 8:22 am

I’ll be keeping an eye on this game! Looks really interesting so far.

@11 Not every game needs multiplayer shoehorned into it. I’d take a well done single player story driven experience over multiplayer any day.

Ryusennin said:

February 18th, 8:38 am

RAD wants you to know: this game has no QTE and is not about steampunk. Nope.

Sulumon said:

February 18th, 8:42 am

Cautiously optimistic about this one. I love a good story and any story about an alternate, Victorian London with Knights fighting supernatural creatures with steampunk-esque gear has my attention. Innovation is less of a concern for me as long as the game mechanics they do provide are tight and the story is engaging. We shall see . . .

Ryumoau said:

February 18th, 8:55 am

The setting looks kinda generic but we need something new on ps4. I’ll most likely rent this.

Welmosca said:

February 18th, 9:13 am

This looks phenomenal…since the announcement I knew it would be something beyond epic…Santa Monica is involved so top-notch impressive work is guaranteed.Nice trailer…I recently saw some screenshots of gameplay and my jaw dropped.Cant wait for that gameplay showcase at E3.

JROD0823 said:

February 18th, 9:15 am

I’m am looking forward to playing this game very much, indeed.

But please, please, please, take all of the time you need to achieve your vision, Ready at Dawn.

JDLR64 said:

February 18th, 9:17 am

I have only one question: How long is the single player campaign? The sooner I know this information the sooner I will preorder the game. I better be long.

Welmosca said:

February 18th, 9:43 am

Also please get rid of the letterbox or at least tell me there will be a option to turn it off.That really spoils the enjoyment of the game.

viceforce said:

February 18th, 10:06 am

@11

MP doesn’t give a game an edge in fact it’ll be better off without it. Putting MP in a game thats been single player is only going to screw the game up. Look what happen to God of War Ascension and Tomb Raider, No one pays attention to the MP and reviews says that games like that could’ve been done without it.

Welmosca said:

February 18th, 10:23 am

@ 11 nYcFrEeWiLL82 – Been a while since I’ve read such amount of bullsh**.No online ALWAYS means a better game.80% of the time MP spoils the games.Good decision not implementing a MP…to be honest I’m glad Sony didn’t forced them to do so.

TomatoDragon said:

February 18th, 10:33 am

One of my most anticipated games this year. IGN said, however, there are some performance issues, but this was from un-optimized snippet of the game. Hopefully those get worked out before launch… cause my wife and I are really excited for this.

raitosaito said:

February 18th, 11:29 am

I’ll take 10 copies!

MadSystem_ said:

February 18th, 11:48 am

The game looks visually stunning, that much is certain, but I do question the decision of making a traditional cover-based shooter without any multiplayer component. I also have some questions I’d like to see addressed in future updates if possible:
– How long is the game going to be?
– The gorgeous setting (Victorian London) is definitely one of the most unique and interesting aspects about this game, so I’d like to know if there’s going to be any room to explore it.
– Are you guys planning to include any side activities such as side quests?

Thanks in advance.

tusunami said:

February 18th, 11:58 am

it doesn’t matter what people think about this game, it will be epic. A fresh new experience gottal luv that!!!!!!!!!!!

tbaby2008 said:

February 18th, 12:05 pm

Wow, this looks pretty awesome!

Neutrill_IX said:

February 18th, 12:09 pm

This game looks absolutely unreal. So happy it’s single-player focused. Hopefully it’s still a 2014 release!

MikeMoach said:

February 18th, 12:44 pm

Forgive me for not reading every comment so far but am I the only one who sees a connection between the order and Clive barkers Jericho? At least gameplay wise. I probably will be getting this but just pointing out something I see

Budapesti said:

February 18th, 12:56 pm

Arthurian legend, Victorian setting, Tesla-inspired technology, Jack the Ripper… consider me intrigued!

PAGE 1 2