Paragon

Feb 19

Feb 19

Wolfenstein: The New Order Out 5/20, Pre-order for Doom Beta Access

Matt Grandstaff's Avatar Posted by Global Community Lead, Bethesda Softworks

Wolfenstein: The New Order on PS4 and PS3

The FPS legend that started it all returns this May! Today we’re excited to announce that Wolfenstein: The New Order will arrive on both PS4 and PS3 on Tuesday, May 20th. And while we’re not talking about the game yet, we’re excited to announce that with a pre-order of Wolfenstein: The New Order, you will be able to access the beta for the next DOOM game (details at Wolfenstein.com/DOOM).

Wolfenstein marks the first Bethesda-published game to arrive on PS4, and will be available on PlayStation Store day 1 for both PS4 & PS3. Developed by MachineGames, a studio comprised of a seasoned group of developers recognized for their work creating story-driven games, Wolfenstein: The New Order is a reimagining of the FPS franchise from id Software. The game offers a deep narrative packed with action, adventure and first-person combat rendered in stunning detail with id Software’s id Tech 5 engine. And typical of a classic Wolfenstein game, expect plenty of hidden secrets, too.

Wolfenstein: The New Order on PS4Wolfenstein: The New Order on PS3

Wolfenstein: The New Order once again centers around the series’ iconic war hero, B.J. Blazkowicz, faced with an alternate version of the 1960s in which the Nazis won World War II. As the only man capable of rewriting history, BJ will (with the help of a small group of resistance fighters) infiltrate their most heavily guarded facilities, battle high-tech Nazi legions, and take control of super-weapons that have conquered the earth – and beyond. See the game in action on our official YouTube channel.

There are plenty of new details to share about Wolfenstein: The New Order, and we’ll be keeping you up to speed on BJ Blazkowicz’s new adventure here on PlayStation.Blog.

Wolfenstein: The New Order on PS4 and PS3

Add Your Own

Airii_ said:

February 19th, 7:05 am

So what happened to Monster monpiece?
still not availble

tokyopunchout said:

February 19th, 7:09 am

DooM BETA access?!?!?!?!?

WHaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat?

With no J. Carmack – what’s left of ID Software is still making Doom4?

Man oh man… I think I’m really excited, but I’m really not sure…

Oh well here goes another pre-order :D

Since they’re calling it just DooM does that mean it’s a remake of the original?

Sonicfan11589 said:

February 19th, 7:18 am

YES DOOM!! I actually look forward to this, i have had a blast playing the BFG edition of DOOM 3 (the first game since i stopped playing as a small child due to being afraid)

Besko said:

February 19th, 7:19 am

So it`s called DooM? A reboot maybe?
I just hope it`s not something really lame, like multiplayer only game in Doom 1 graphics or something like that. Let it be true next DooM installment.

kmetek said:

February 19th, 7:27 am

any trailers anything for DOOM ?

AnoyoIkari said:

February 19th, 7:29 am

I was so excited when I saw this at the end of the new Wolfenstein trailer. Whatever it is, wether it be multiplayer only or story based. I hope they return more to the roots of the original game. I remember thinking how crazy and scary it would be; having to listen to an entire army of your own brothers getting slaughtered. Then finally breaking rank and leaving to see what happened and finding demons and hell. I also preferred the open areas of doom. Doom 3 and it’s constant tight corridors got old fast. I wanted to go out side more. Explore ruins and fight through them while looking up to a sky that was slowly turning a hellish red and the world itself changing to hells appearance. Doom was my first FPS and still dearest to my heart.

VanilaGorila-x- said:

February 19th, 7:29 am

If we pre-order digitally on the PS4 will we still get access to the DOOM Beta?

Peace,
VG

Gorvi said:

February 19th, 7:30 am

The new Wolf looks far better than I was expecting, but man, a new Doom would be the bee’s knees. I just finished playing through the first two again on the PS3 collection, the first time since I had cheated my way through on the PC so many years ago. Man, those games hold up.

Can’t wait to see more gameplay for the new Wolf and, well, anything on the next Doom. Remember when all FPSs were called “Doom clones”? ;)

swceh007 said:

February 19th, 7:30 am

I know this has nothing to do with this game but I’m trying to find an answer.Like comments #97 & #100 on PLAYSTATION STORE UPDATE Blog post 2/18/2014.I’m having a problems trying to purchase games on the PSN store on my PC. there is no buy button on games only on movies&tv,I cant add anything to my cart. Can someone tell us when the store will be fixed? or what the problem is or even acknowledge that the store has a problem. Someone please answer this post!!!
Thanks for your help

Jerel said:

February 19th, 7:32 am

I kinda forgot you guys were making a new Doom game…. So I guess you’re pretty far along if you’re advertising beta access.

…Also the new trailer for the new Wolfenstein game looks great! I can’t wait to check it out on Playstation 4! XD

ChameleonX said:

February 19th, 7:33 am

Love the boxart.

k0wb0y-b33b0p said:

February 19th, 7:37 am

“And while we’re not talking about the game yet, we’re excited to announce that with a pre-order of Wolfenstein: The New Order, you will be able to access the beta for the next DOOM game (details at Wolfenstein.com/DOOM).”

Here’s a thought: If you want me to pre-order a game from you, when you create a post talk about the game nto what you’ll get from pre-ordering. Not even a trailer or screenshot in the post?

facepalm.gif

unbornsoldier said:

February 19th, 7:47 am

Just watched the new trailer for Wolfenstein.Great job I went from looking forward to it.to hype.to day 1

Doom beta is a great unexpected surprise.

The game looks great.Cant wait to play it on ps4 :D

unbornsoldier said:

February 19th, 7:50 am

I do agree that the trailer should be posted here.

I have a few questions.

How long will the campaign be?

Any multiplayer or co op modes?

What can we expect replayability wise?

Will there be a collectors edition?

When will we hear about doom?

klassymike said:

February 19th, 8:14 am

@swceh007

Instead of spamming your questions on every blog, have you even once considered calling Sony’s Customer support line?? Anyway, I’m pretty sure your question was answered on the Store update, not by a moderator, but by someone else who was having the same problem. Read the comments. These blogs have absolutely nothing to do with your question.

mikemill said:

February 19th, 8:49 am

This game looks awesome. The storytelling looks like it has an Inglorious Bastards kind of feel, love it. Day 1 purchase on my PS4 for sure!

PrincessMeruru said:

February 19th, 8:51 am

For Doom and Wolfenstein, I think playing on PC is a better choice.

Teflon02 said:

February 19th, 9:02 am

I think I’d buy this just for PS4 doom beta access lol

italodancemp3 said:

February 19th, 9:11 am

No Vita? Why?

fifthcore said:

February 19th, 9:12 am

Really like the boxart. I hope the “Doom Beta” access is just a sticker on the plastic since it kind of ruins the art.

Matt Grandstaff's Avatar

Matt Grandstaff said:

February 19th, 8:28 pm

Looking into that. Thanks for the feedback!

IcedDice777 said:

February 19th, 9:56 am

Confirm Split screen + Lan / system link support will be present on both final products then we’ll talk.

Consider doing a Definitive edition of RAGE on PS4. Under rated game imho.

kmetek said:

February 19th, 10:30 am

any trailers for doom? anything?

Matt Grandstaff's Avatar

Matt Grandstaff said:

February 19th, 1:02 pm

We have an FAQ up on the beta at wolfenstein.com/doom

Welmosca said:

February 19th, 11:00 am

Didn’t know that this Wolfenstein would be on PS4 too,shame since both versions will be the same…I saw all the gameplay videos and the game looks good and also they decided to go without MP that is a very positive thing and for that they have my support….I will probably buy it.Nice boxart BTW.

tusunami said:

February 19th, 12:56 pm

This wasn’t on my radar at all, but now i am kinda of interested in this even more. And there’s also a beta oh yeah!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kchow23 said:

February 19th, 1:12 pm

I hope that the beta logo isn’t part of the actual box art but a sticker on the wrapper.

MATT_COS said:

February 19th, 2:35 pm

time for my first pre order.. never found a game worth it… this is it

INFIDEL_JIHAD said:

February 19th, 2:43 pm

You definitely have my attention on this one :o) … Looking forward to more info later on down the road

Shadowskypez said:

February 19th, 3:32 pm

Getting psyched thanks machine games I think I might…EXPLODE!!!!!!!!!! This along side DOOM beta (guessing a reboot to keep people clam till DOOM 4) makes me want a PS4 to punch Nazi in face!

Miadaskate said:

February 19th, 3:42 pm

You need to make a Wolfenstein website that is friendly for mobile users. I tried to put in my birthdate, entered 2008 instead, and now it won’t let me go any further because it thinks I’m a kid. Now I can’t do anything. So much for reading that Doom FAQ.

Matt Grandstaff's Avatar

Matt Grandstaff said:

February 19th, 8:30 pm

Sorry, the age gate is an ESRB requirement. Hope you’re able to get it sorted.

RISE_UP44 said:

February 19th, 10:18 pm

For anyone who didn’t go to the link you will get your Beta code for Doom as an insert inside of your copy of Wolfenstein.

neuropunk said:

February 19th, 11:21 pm

Aren’t there already far too many FPS plaguing the modern video game industry? Sure Wolfenstein was one of the originals, but the influx of western linear interactive movie pewpews the last several years, why the hell would anyone need to ever play a FPS ever again? No offense to Wolfenstein, but the genre has been done to death. Also, modern FPS are super mediocre compared with the classics.

Go play some RPGs instead since those are real games. FPS, why are almost all of them exactly the same?

iREVOLTER said:

February 20th, 2:59 am

Still not a lot of interest in next DooM and Wolfenstein titles =\. Even Quake is a meeh franchise. Really, don’t think idSoftware will revive those 3 big titles in a good way, not just preaty graphics and ****** jokes.

macolesi said:

February 20th, 8:53 am

Awesome! Want to play it!

GodofDeathOnline said:

February 20th, 9:39 am

i bet this game is going to suck come on Bethesda we want fallout 4 not this old stuff

AizawaYuuichi said:

February 21st, 1:53 am

@ fifthcore + @ Kchow23: Do you really think the “pre-order” ad will be on the game at launch? Really? Think about that for a second…
Okay, we’re back. So, once you’ve bought the game, you won’t be able to pre-order it anymore, so what sense would it make for that sticker to be ON the actual game, let alone the artwork underneath the game case’s plastic wrap, at the point of sale?

@ GodofDeathOnline: Yup, you nailed it. Bethesda should be working on Fallout 4, instead of spending time on Wolfenstein. Because Bethesda is totally developing this game, not MachineGames. MachineGames just has their logo on the game case because they’re super cool, and paid for the honor. It’s not like Bethesda is known for publishing games by other developers… no, not at all. So, Bethesda should totally stop working on this game, when it’s set to come out in 3 months, and start work on Fallout 4, because there’s no chance they’re already working on it, seeing as they’re so busy with this game.

/massive amounts of sarcasm, because I just couldn’t resist

GameRevenge said:

March 1st, 3:51 pm

This is great news one important question

1.Sindce yu will be hjabinga perk system tp catyer to diffren ty playstyes will every level in the game have alternative routeds and allow you to steath or will some levels force you to shoot.In other words can you pplay the whole gane without killing any enemies?