PlayStation VR

Feb 24

Feb 24

Back to 2013 Sale Starts Tomorrow

Chieh Chen's Avatar Posted by Digital Distribution Manager, Sony Network Entertainment

2014 is starting to fly by — it’s already February! — so we are taking this week to get a bit nostalgic and take a look back at 2013 and highlight some games you might have missed with the Back to 2013 Sale. Starting tomorrow through March 3rd, we’re discounting some great games from the past year, with even deeper discounts for PS Plus members.

Sometimes there just isn’t enough time in a year to play all the games you might want to, and sometimes titles just slip through the cracks. Didn’t play Diablo III, Spelunky, Injustice: Gods Among Us Ultimate Edition, Guacamelee! or Rayman Legends? Pick these games (and more) up this week at up to 50% off, or up to 75% off for PS Plus members.

Check out the full lineup for the Back to 2013 Sale below.

Back to 2013 Sale

Terraria (PS3) $5.99 $9.99 $14.99
The Walking Dead: Season 2 – Ep. 1, All That Remains $2.79 $3.99 $4.99
The Walking Dead: Season 2 – Season Pass $10.49 $14.99 $19.99
The Wolf Among Us – Episode 1: Faith $2.39 $3.99 $4.99
The Wolf Among Us Season Pass $8.99 $14.99 $19.99
WWE 2K14 $29.99 $39.99 $59.99

Don’t miss out on these sweet games again. The Back to 2013 Sale starts tomorrow and runs through Monday, March 3rd. What games are you going to pick up?

Add Your Own

ElektroDragon said:

February 24th, 9:51 am

“Crazy Sony… their prices are… INSAAAAANE!!!” to quote the old 80s ad. Well, I feel totally STUPID for the following now:

1) Buying Wolf Season Pass full price recently.

2) Buying Walking Dead Season 2 pass full price.

3) Buying Persona 4 for 25% more money during a “sale” for Xbox.

Also, MY GOD, everyone needs to buy Ni No Kuni at that price!!

At least I will be getting a nice deal on Super Motherload. Le sigh.

jamonxin said:

February 24th, 9:59 am

I want to play couch co-op with my gf and his little brother… i dunno if get Diablo III or Dragon Clown to save some bucks.. we just beat Castle Crashers… and LBP Karting.. any suggestion? we have not much time to play.. like 4 hours a week..

taurus-girl said:

February 24th, 10:05 am

a side note : this comment section needs an upgrade. why can’t we reply to someone under their comment instead putting an @# whoever your speaking too. it’s annoying. On that note:

@38 ya- sly should be $20 and then discounted further. Especially that this is just the vita version. I bought it from the ps store a few months ago for the ps3 for $20 and it was cross-buy. It makes no sense.

Also could we get Heavenly Sword up in here at some point? It was the first game I ever saw being demoed on the ps3 and I couldn’t afford one back then. I had to keep my ps2. I have still not played this game. And now I can’t find it. =(

Welmosca said:

February 24th, 10:08 am

Super Motherload will…be…mine ha…that game has an incredible soundtrack,cant wait to “delve” into it…for anyone who still haven’t listened,please check that out.Anyway decent sales overall…if there is at least one game worth grabbing then its a good sale lol.

Welmosca said:

February 24th, 10:14 am

@ 25 ubergusterfan – Damn man are you serious?…oh that was funny.

wintersina said:

February 24th, 10:18 am

This is Quite amazing! I would love this to continue. I actually want to go all digital now.

doubleG07 said:

February 24th, 10:24 am

I just paid full price for Dragon’s Crown on Sat :( … that being said it is still a fantastic game and everyone should pick it up at this discounted price. Thinking about buying Rayman Legends during this sale.

CONTOM-X said:

February 24th, 10:26 am

The streak continues, every game I buy at full price goes on sale 19 seconds later. I really wish there was some sort of deal where you could get like a 25% rebate if you buy a game a day before it goes on sale. I love sales and everything but come on.

Mando44646 said:

February 24th, 10:26 am

I *do* wish there were more retail PS4 games (non-Indies) offered here than just Injustice

Meleemasta10 said:

February 24th, 11:11 am

Awesome sale! Definitely gonna grab dragon’s Crown.

Vextalon said:

February 24th, 11:22 am

Great sale. i’m definitely picking up the Walking Dead season 2 pass and Dragon’s Crown for PS3. I love my fighting games, I was kinda on the fence about picking up Persona 4 Arena. this sale has let me to decide to finally pick it up. Can’t wait for another great fighter with Injustice Gods Among Us Ultimate Edition on Vita. my Vita is getting more playtime than my PS3. Though I have a question for you Chieh Chen. Any idea as to why the Vita version of Terraria isn’t on sale too? I would really like to pick it up soon.

dodgedoors said:

February 24th, 11:25 am

@61 the plus post is saying Terraria is on sale for vita, I asked for confirmation, but I guess if no one answers we’ll find out tomorrow.

lisatsunami said:

February 24th, 11:45 am

Both Dragon’s Crown for less than original price of one? Guess it’s time to buy both and TWD season pass, too. Thanks!

DanteMerfi said:

February 24th, 11:49 am

What #33 said. We need a new column detailing which systems are specific to each game during a sale.

lpfanatic4ev said:

February 24th, 11:53 am

Gotta get those Season Passes! Wolf Among Us and TWD Season 2, here I come!

griffitt816913 said:

February 24th, 12:09 pm

Hopefully somebody that works 4 playstation reads this……i really think an updated jet fighter online game would b awesome on the ps4 and a updated and or both ww1 or 2 era battleship naval online game as well would sell i know im a buyer so is my brothers please think about it..think it would b a sellers love 2 play these 2 kinda games online on the new ps4 i still have my ps2 3 and 4 lol please look into this i think its a great idea i dont see any games like these right now would love 2 play them asap ty

krae_man said:

February 24th, 12:31 pm

You guys, really really need to do a better job of pricing content.

The Retail disk for Sly IV on PS3 was constantly on sale for $10 around christmas and you can currently get the download code for both the PS3 and Vita versions for $20 on Amazon.com.

Why is the ‘sale price’ Higher.

MSRP on Rayman Legends PS3 is $39.99 now so that one is off too.

$39.99 seems to be the MSRP for WWE 2K14 as well.

INFIDEL_JIHAD said:

February 24th, 12:37 pm

Almost bought super motherload the other day (glad I didn’t ) … super motherload for me & The walking dead season 2 for my lady … She’s gonna be very happy :o)

DRAGONS_BREED_Z said:

February 24th, 12:42 pm

Great sales…. Gonna to grab walking dead for sure… Can wait for thief … :)

xMettx said:

February 24th, 12:58 pm

Very tempted on Walking Dead Season 2 season pass, ahhh, I had planned to pick up a disc copy later on when it comes out but for just $10 and change I may get it and then add the physical to my collection later.

Harerazer said:

February 24th, 12:58 pm

I just bought WWE 2K14 digital yesterday so I missed out on $10 but will make it up on Injustice and Dragon’s Crown.

Syniz said:

February 24th, 1:17 pm

I’ll jump on that Walking Dead: S2 Season Pass! Awesome deal!

KBG29 said:

February 24th, 1:27 pm

Keep up the awesome deals. Hope to see this continue from now on. PS4 gen will be so amazing if we can expect this kind of pricing on content in the future. Should really help grow the industry, by allowing people to try things they may have passed up in the days of 29.99 greatest hits.

Keep up the great work PlayStation team.

sirbflo114 said:

February 24th, 1:42 pm

Injustice God Among Us Ultimate Edition for $24.49 is an awesome deal. I have been watching this game for a price drop and the lowest price I have seen is like $47.00. I’ve had it on my amazon wish list and checking sale websites and it never really dropped for so long. The regular version dropped but the Ultimate version was always somewhat expensive. They still sell the regular version for like $32.

Voltaire-tron said:

February 24th, 2:01 pm

Wow, there isn’t anything good for Vita on sale besides Killzone (which I already have)

jayz79 said:

February 24th, 2:07 pm

Hmmm sly cooper on my vita is appearing as 26.99

Not sure why the fullrice for this game is listed as 35.99

So essentially during the sale it is just a 2 dollar price cut?

Liquid_Ice said:

February 24th, 2:13 pm

I’m a little upset that Persona 4 Arena was on sale for $14.99 only 20 days ago so I bought it and now it’s only $7.50? That sucks

shrimpdude said:

February 24th, 2:14 pm

To eliminate confusion, you guys should have a column for “Console”.

BoSSxPriince15 said:

February 24th, 2:25 pm

As if my backlog wasnt already huge. I cant pass up Ni Nu Kuni for $7 and I might have to get Dragons Crown too

floatedfoliage said:

February 24th, 2:39 pm

Is Sly Cooper a Cross-Buy when you purchase the PS3 version?

EJStrat said:

February 24th, 3:00 pm

Ni No Kuni and Dragon’s Crown will be mine! Now that reviews are coming in that Theif isn’t living up to the hype, I’ll wait and play it when it’s cheap, giving my wallet some wiggle room. I’m definitely picking up Castlevania Lords of Shadow 2 tonight!

dodgedoors said:

February 24th, 3:07 pm

@lisatsunami I agree, been waiting to buy Dragon’s Crown when it was at a pricepoint that was more like cross-buy. I can’t wait to play this.

I just finished all modes of Muramasa Rebirth except fury mode(love this game but need a break before I get into Fury), and I think it’s time for a great game with some online co-op, Totally psyched to get into this beast that is DC.

Gamerzlimited said:

February 24th, 3:30 pm

I’m glad I waited for Injustice: Gods Among Us Ultimate Edition for the PS Vita. Didn’t let temptation from last month’s flash sale get to me. Will be buying that and it’s the only game I’m currently interested in for this sale unless Terraria is included for the Vita as well. The PS+ update said that version is too so I hope that’s true.

Squiggle55 said:

February 24th, 3:36 pm

I know I’ve said it before during previous sales, but it blows my mind that Ni no Kuni is being sold for so little. If you like RPGs and don’t own it then buy that dang thing because they deserve to make as much money as possible for that project.

Chiefy said:

February 24th, 4:09 pm

Dangit, Diablo III is still out of my range. I’ll wait on that. I’ll go ahead and buy dragon’s crown on my vita since I have it for the ps3. Will pick up ni no kuni too and both of the persona games. Those are pretty much the games I want. I would’ve got Injustice on the ps4 if it was $19.99. I’l wait on that one too.

Sir_Bronius said:

February 24th, 4:15 pm

I am really tempted to get Diablo III for PS3 but I don’t know if they’ll have any sort of upgrade plan for the PS4 version. If they said there was, I’d get it immediately.

Killaman16 said:

February 24th, 4:16 pm

I vowed to save money and you guys throw discounts on Persona 4 Arena and Injustice. I guess I can skip a few more meals.

Qwatwaffle said:

February 24th, 5:08 pm

Can’t wait to get my Persona 4 Arena on. God I love you Sony! Y’all treat us so good!

X_frm_619 said:

February 24th, 5:15 pm

last year they had the walking dead season 1 pass for like 5 dollars. So how is 10 a sale. just maybe wolf among us is a possible buy. But not 100% sure. I go spelunky for 2 something a few weeks back.
The sales okay. but not super good deals.
will we find these games at a lower price in the future or not. that is what we have to consider.
I do think I will get gta vice for sure, maybe mother load.
also keep in mind that there are ps vita sales. and a lot of those are cross buy.

MortalKombat2K7 said:

February 24th, 5:22 pm

I will be only purchasing Injustice for PS3. I want to get Dragon’s Crown but I have higher priorities to right now.

kanepake said:

February 24th, 5:40 pm

I literally just bought the Injustice Unlimited Edition two days ago for PS3 :'(

OverFlowEnt said:

February 24th, 5:53 pm

Can’t wait to finally pick up Guacamelee! At $6.99, I can’t pass it up!!!

PainOfSarrow said:

February 24th, 5:57 pm

sirbflo114 , same here. i been waiting forever for a good price drop. did not realize injustice was the ultimate edition. looks like this might be the right time to purchase.

luvtoseek said:

February 24th, 6:12 pm

EVERYBODY must puchase Ni No Kuni. Studio Ghibli designed Jrpg; very charming & plays beautifully. Great for all ages! Go for it!! =)

@53, taurus- layered/tiered replies would make communications sooo convenient… & more productive! Pass this suggestion along, Chieh!

JROD0823 said:

February 24th, 7:08 pm

TWD Season 2: Season Pass for $10.49?

SOLD.

Might even grab the The Wolf Among Us Season Pass if I’m feeling extra good tomorrow night after work.

tusunami said:

February 24th, 8:13 pm

I like that every month there are sales, now this is definitely competing with steam.

DanTheManIAm said:

February 24th, 8:44 pm

Ni No Kuni it is!

berlaitada said:

February 24th, 9:01 pm

Is STARHAWK still worth getting? I’ve heard that Sony dropped the support for the game and the hackers ruined it, some people say it’s near impossible to get a full 32 match and that you’d get at least a couple of hackers in it.

wheneyesarered said:

February 24th, 9:12 pm

Really itching for Diablo III. This deal is making it fairly difficult to hold off for the PS4 version.

zak191919 said:

February 24th, 9:20 pm

AWWW! I wish there was a way to get this info sooner, I just bought Injustice Ultimate Edition Digital for 49.99.
I feel like I really threw money away now that its on sale for half that, especially since im personally very dissapointed in the game.