PS4 - The Last of Us Remastered

LittleBigPlanet Update: Tearaway DLC Releases this Week

Steven Isbell's Avatar + Posted by Steven Isbell on Feb 24, 2014 // LittleBigPlanet Community Coordinator

lbpupdate

New DLC: Tearaway Minipack

Blog
Everyone’s favorite messengers from the fantastical, papery world of Tearaway arrive to LittleBigPlanet this week to spread their message of courage, determination and companionship to Sackfolk all-around.

These two new costumes will be available in the Tearaway Minipack when the PlayStation Store updates later this week and will give your Sackboy or Sackgirl the perfect outfits they need to deliver messages of goodwill to your friends!

LittleBigPlanet 2: Team Picks

Featured Community Levels!

teampicks
We return with our usual collection of LittleBigPlanet 2: Team Picks featuring plenty of fun gameplay, challenges and mayhem that we think you should check out today.

Electrifield Toast by Five-Ate-Five

Data Forest by Patriot_Rat-PT01

You can check out these amazing new levels and a whole range of exciting new community levels today by heading over to the LittleBigPlanet 2: Team Picks and queuing them up to play!

LittleBigPlanet PS Vita: Team Picks

Featured Community Levels for Portable Fun!

vitapicks
Over in our LittleBigPlanet PS Vita: Team Picks we have a couple of new levels for you to play including Sack Jones and the Lava Temple. Do you have what it takes to solve the puzzles and survive this dangerous temple?

Sack Jones Screenshot 1Sack Jones Screenshot 2

You can have this amazing level ready to play by heading over to LBP.me Vita and queuing up the new LittleBigPlanet PS Vita: Team Picks!
We always love to see exciting new LittleBigPlanet levels, so if you have any great levels to share with the community or some stunning videos that show off your favorite levels and creations, then be sure to tweet them to us @LittleBigPlanet.

comeandvisitus

Come and Visit Us!

LittleBigPlanet.com
Forums
Facebook
Twitter
YouTube

IotaPose

+ Wayndawind on February 24th, 2014 at 10:07 am said:

thanks! just take up more of my time taraway, but i love ya. so does my lady, i so have to get her her own vita lol.

+ LeoDaLyon on February 24th, 2014 at 10:16 am said:

@ Wayndawind – Patience my friend, the Borderlands 2 Vita bundle arrives soon. Get her that and Tearaway!

+ Mecha_Sonic_75 on February 24th, 2014 at 10:17 am said:

Is this the same mini-pack from last year’s promo?

Steven Isbell's Avatar

+ Steven Isbell on February 27th, 2014 at 2:29 am said:

Yes, it’s the same pack. As with most of our pre-order bonus DLC, we try to avoid keeping content exclusive forever since we like to give everyone in the community a chance to pick up these great costumes! :)

+ taurus-girl on February 24th, 2014 at 10:18 am said:

I love how LBP just keeps going and going. It’s always new. Good money spent (or not spent with Plus) =)

Steven Isbell's Avatar

+ Steven Isbell on February 27th, 2014 at 2:32 am said:

The community always continue to amaze us with their creations!

+ CatatonicAlex on February 24th, 2014 at 10:34 am said:

Awwww. :(
I was hoping we’d be getting the vita version of the DC level kit this week.

Steven Isbell's Avatar

+ Steven Isbell on February 27th, 2014 at 2:34 am said:

It’s still a little way off just yet but we do have a few new packs being released before then. :)

+ TAWCOOOOKIE on February 24th, 2014 at 10:34 am said:

Is any of this content coming to LBP2? Or will this be targeted to LBP VIta?

Steven Isbell's Avatar

+ Steven Isbell on February 27th, 2014 at 2:36 am said:

All of our costumes are cross-buy products across LittleBigPlanet 2, LittleBigPlanet PS Vita and LittleBigPlanet Karting.
    Meaning that if you purchase any costume just once, you will be able to use that costume in all three titles.

+ D-Squad3 on February 24th, 2014 at 11:43 am said:

That’s awesome

+ Welmosca on February 24th, 2014 at 11:57 am said:

OMG I can’t believe,I thought it would take longer…I was waiting for iota costume,thank you Mm…I really can’t wait for the store to update already.I had problems and I was unable to pre-order Tearaway so unfortunately I missed on the costumes….but now I can finally have them.

Steven Isbell's Avatar

+ Steven Isbell on February 27th, 2014 at 2:37 am said:

We had a feeling that the community would contain a lot of Tearaway fans, so we didn’t want to keep you waiting too long for these popular costumes!

+ GLiTcH2 on February 24th, 2014 at 1:04 pm said:

Very nice, However I am still anxiously awaiting LBP Hub news!!!

+ PanTheMan16 on February 24th, 2014 at 3:06 pm said:

Well, I almost thought this was going to be a relevant post when I read “Tearaway” in the title, but of course it’s another shameless cash grab. STOP POSTING THIS GARBAGE!

+ Gamerzlimited on February 24th, 2014 at 3:18 pm said:

Been wondering when there will be Tearaway costumes for LBP. Those looks exactly like in the source game. Keep up the good work. :)

@PanTheMan16 I can’t wait for you to stop posting garbage every time there’s an LBP update.

+ IvoYaridovich on February 24th, 2014 at 4:24 pm said:

No new Team picks for Karting again? That’s a little depressing.

Steven Isbell's Avatar

+ Steven Isbell on February 27th, 2014 at 2:40 am said:

We’ve had a good bunch of new LittleBigPlanet Karting: Team Picks released recently.

You can keep up-to-date on the latest featured tracks, right here:

+ Kodax_ShC on February 24th, 2014 at 4:48 pm said:

I thought this was about DLC for Tearaway, was about to be super excited!

+ indm50 on February 24th, 2014 at 5:41 pm said:

When will we have more LBP Hub news?
I’m waiting for it :)

Steven Isbell's Avatar

+ Steven Isbell on February 27th, 2014 at 2:45 am said:

It hopefully shouldn’t be too long now. Sackboy is going to be a very busy little chap after LittleBigPlanet HUB releases and we want to ensure that everything is just right for him before it does. :)

+ Elvick_ on February 24th, 2014 at 5:42 pm said:

Puppeteer costumes. COME ON GUYS IT’S TOO PERFECT

@10: How about they just ban you instead? Everybody wins!

+ luvtoseek on February 24th, 2014 at 5:47 pm said:

I’ll take those costumes & a few of those community suggestions! Thanks for the announcement, Steven! @2, Leo- solid advice buddy! Can’t wait to synch my PS3 save file! @10, Pan- why are you so rude? Lot of LBP fans look forward to updates like this!

Steven Isbell's Avatar

+ Steven Isbell on February 27th, 2014 at 2:46 am said:

Be sure to keep an eye on the LittleBigPlanet 2: Team Picks on Friday, we have even more amazing levels being featured then!

+ tusunami on February 24th, 2014 at 8:31 pm said:

The game that continues to keep on giving with so much amazing content !!!!!

Steven Isbell's Avatar

+ Steven Isbell on February 27th, 2014 at 2:49 am said:

You can thank the wonderful LBP community for that, it’s their continued support and creativity that makes LittleBigPlanet the unique gaming experience that it is. :)

+ ThumbsOfSteel74 on February 25th, 2014 at 12:05 am said:

@PanTheMan16: The shame of it is your ability to make relevant points in other areas of the blog without being rude. Many more people read these posts than the relatively few who comment. For every person shouting “cash grab” there are hundreds who are getting just what they wanted, and they’re willing to pay for it. In a sense, all of video gaming is a cash grab. None of it is necessary, much like your posts here.

+ shibbydibbybibby on February 25th, 2014 at 12:11 am said:

!!!!!buyer beware!!!!!

cant trust anything tearaway/sound shapes after the psn has started to recharge people who payed for the game and then removed the purchased bag icon from the full game purchase and putting it onto the free demo.

yea, i really purchased a $17.99 free demo.

fix the storefront!

double charging people for purchases made is textbook fraud.

+ ThumbsOfSteel74 on February 25th, 2014 at 12:28 am said:

@shibbydibbybibby: I’m not questioning the veracity of your claims, but what did Sony customer support say about your confirmation e-mails showing you had purchased the item(s) in question?

Also (and you may know this already, but) there’s apparently a glitch of sorts when re-downloading some content. After downloading the demo, you need to find the unlock key in your download list to complete the game. And yeah I know the download list’s searchability is sorely lacking.

+ PanTheMan16 on February 25th, 2014 at 12:54 am said:

ThumbsOfSteel74

You aren’t wrong, but my problem is with these posts, more than the DLC. LBP is a great game, but it’s a relic. Why should there be posts about a new costume every week when few other games have the same type of content mentioned this way? There are other games that offer costume DLC, but the only mention of it is in the “PlayStation Store Update” posts, which I think is fine, as it isn’t ground-breaking information. The special treatment LBP is getting here is inappropriate, in my opinion, and they should not continue to milk these costume packs like this.

As you said, the majority of blog readers are silent. There are many who disagree with me, but there are no doubt many people who do agree.
I spent many great hours playing the LBP games, alone and with friends and have nothing against the series. It’s just this special treatment that needs to stop.

+ ThumbsOfSteel74 on February 25th, 2014 at 1:09 am said:

@PanTheMan16: Fair points (and respectfully delivered). I’m sure there are others who agree with you. You’re right that most of these posts are about costumes or even nothing new to download. But many people do enjoy seeing the latest picks culled from the creations players are still making all these years later. Many people (fewer and fewer now, but still) are new to the game and don’t share your jaded outlook. Besides, this is where you’ll find the first info on LBP3, if such a thing ever exists. :)

But as far as most companies not having this kind of access to the PS blog, you’re right. Though I would point out that many here are glad to see the game still supported by its creators, and that support is made known to us on a weekly basis. I think you might be just as happy or happier if more companies did this than if LBP stopped.

+ MikeMoach on February 25th, 2014 at 7:04 am said:

The reason why they put LBP updates on here is cause they can, they don’t have to answer to anyone I think it’s great that this game is still getting support that it has these past couple months and years

You me or anyone else are not the ps blog police, don’t see why if you don’t like LBP updates you are always here complaining about LBP updates, I’ve said it before it’s like a radio station if you don’t like the song change the station if it’s not what you wanna hear about

+ Welmosca on February 25th, 2014 at 11:27 am said:

@ 10 PanTheMan16 – Lol always the same troll…your ignorance knows no bounds.PSBlog should not allow you to post comments at least in the LBP updates…so you really think because of your narrow mind other people should stay without the weekly updates just because its your will???B**ch please.

+ ThumbsOfSteel74 on February 25th, 2014 at 11:58 am said:

Actually, I respect PanTheMan16 for articulating his point of view in a thoughtful manner. (See his last post.) Frankly, I had thought he was just another troll. I don’t think so any more; I just don’t agree with him.

+ StingrayX on February 25th, 2014 at 4:49 pm said:

I still need to finish Tearaway.

+ luvtoseek on February 25th, 2014 at 4:50 pm said:

@pan, you don’t like the game that’s fine. Your other points hold no weight though: the LBP has mod support, w/ user-created content done by gamers like you & I. (Just recently a LPB mini-game version of Flappy Bird was released.) It’s STILL active, hence these posts. What Other title has that? I wish more titles did; the gaming space has plenty of room for another long-lasting experience akin to the LBP series.

Special treatment? Sigh, made by talented 1st party studio MM & again, the community is Quite active- so these updates by Steve & Co. are necessary to keep fans aware. Now if the demand & interest is there… why shouldn’t content packs, whether costumes or levels cease to be produced?

+ PrinceofXIII on March 1st, 2014 at 5:02 pm said: