GTAV PS4

Persona 5 and More Confirmed for PS3 in North America

John Hardin's Avatar + Posted by John Hardin on Feb 25, 2014 // PR Manager, ATLUS

Persona 5

I’ve gotten your emails, your tear-stained letters, your carrier pigeons, and the erstwhile smoke signal. We’ve read them, and we — finally — can fully and officially reply to them with the best kind of confirmation ever: ATLUS is bringing three new Persona games to the PlayStation family starting in fall of 2014.

“But John,” you’ll ask, “what are these new Persona games of which you speak?” Well, I’m glad you asked that, illusory writing device! Let’s just cut right to the quick. Persona 5 is coming. In 2015. And will be the first Persona RPG developed for the PlayStation 3 system. That’s about all we know about the game, because the plot, characters, and everything about it is being kept under wraps. The one thing we do know is that series director Katsura Hashino hinted that the storyline will be about throwing off the chains of oppression to find one’s true self. But how that theme is addressed in Persona 5? We have no idea.

Persona 4 Arena UltimaxPersona 4 Arena Ultimax

Next up, we have the sequel to Persona 4 Arena ­­– the hit fighting game for PS3. The number “2” isn’t powerful enough for all the awesome new content in this game, so we’re calling it Persona 4 Arena Ultimax. What does Ultimax entail? A brand new story mode that continues the plot of the original, new fighting modes, the inclusion of classic Persona 3 characters Junpei Iori and Yukari Takeba. Oh, and new to the series is the mysterious, scarred, red-headed Sho Minazuki. P4AU will be on PS3, coming in fall 2014.

Finally, we have Persona 4: Dancing All Night. This is a rhythm action game for PS Vita, with 30 brand new tracks/remixes showing off the Persona Sound. It’s also being made in collaboration with Dingo, the development brainchild behind Hatsune Miku: Project Diva. Does that sound crazy to you? Well hold on to your britches, because it stars the cast from Persona 4 who are investigating the disappearance of Rise’s pop group juniors, Kanamin Kitchen.

Persona 4: Dancing All NightPersona 4: Dancing All Night
Persona 4: Dancing All Night

They disappear to a mysterious place called the Midnight Stage, and surprise surprise, combat doesn’t work there the same way it did in the Midnight Channel (that’s the game world from Persona 4). No, on the Midnight Stage, the fighting is done with dance moves, and will boogie its way to PS Vita in 2015.

I know that’s not a lot of info to go on, but we’re super excited to bring this latest crop of Persona games to the North American PlayStation family! Stay tuned to PlayStation.Blog in the coming months for news about these titles!

PAGE 1 2 3

+ Wolfgame_Dev1 on February 25th, 2014 at 10:07 am said:

Reach out to the truth.

+ Sonicfan11589 on February 25th, 2014 at 10:07 am said:

I JUST got into the series, i’m currently playing Persona 4: Golden and can’t get it away from me, i also bought Persona 4: Arena although i wish i had known it would be around $7 as of today due to a sale, oh well, I only spent $20 on it via amazon, same for P4: Golden, still good prices.

+ John Hardin on February 25th, 2014 at 11:23 am said:

The rabbit hole goes deep. P3:FES awaits!

+ Fullmetal156 on February 25th, 2014 at 10:09 am said:

Omg i cant wait for persona 5 also im a big fan of the music games (dont judge me) lol.

+ John Hardin on February 25th, 2014 at 11:21 am said:

I am so hype for Dancing All Night

+ DemonShadowX on February 25th, 2014 at 10:09 am said:

I can’t wait! I shall own them all! Yes, even the Rhythm one for Vita. 2015 is so far though….. Oh well PS3 and Vita have plenty to keep me busy until then.

+ John Hardin on February 25th, 2014 at 11:22 am said:

Gonna be a good couple of years.

+ saab01 on February 25th, 2014 at 10:09 am said:

Sweet I played persona and it was pretty cool. Nice to hear of new good fun games coming out in the future for PS3 and Vita.

+ Kchow23 on February 25th, 2014 at 10:10 am said:

PS4 or PS Vita port for Persona 5, please! :)

+ John Hardin on February 25th, 2014 at 11:22 am said:

DULY NOTED.

+ Target-4012 on February 25th, 2014 at 10:11 am said:

Awesome. While I know Persona 5 is a day one purchase for me, would need to see more on the other games in order to decide. Wish Persona Q would also be on the PS Vita, but at least it’s going to be released in North America. Will there be an E3 showing of Persona 5? I (and I’m pretty sure that many fans) really want to know more about this game.

+ John Hardin on February 25th, 2014 at 11:24 am said:

Man, Persona 5 is being kept SUPER under wraps right now. Hoping we get some more info rolling on it soon, but with a 2015 release, it might be sparse for a while.

Rest assured that more details we have, we’ll make sure PS Blog gets ‘em!

+ MakoSOLIDER on February 25th, 2014 at 10:11 am said:

OMG YES.

+ weslyv8 on February 25th, 2014 at 10:12 am said:

A-and europe?

+ John Hardin on February 25th, 2014 at 11:25 am said:

Sorry, Eurbro :(

Hopefully we’ll have some news soon.

+ Budapesti on February 25th, 2014 at 10:12 am said:

Atlus, you just made my day!
Was kind of worried we might not see these titles in the West. So happy that P5 and its spin-offs are on their way.
I’m a big Project DIVA fan too, so Dancing All Night is a must-buy!

+ John Hardin on February 25th, 2014 at 11:25 am said:

I was worried too. But I’m so stoked they’re coming over.

+ HazBaz on February 25th, 2014 at 10:13 am said:

Great news! But I really hope you won’t region lock P4A Ultimax like you did with the first game, Atlus.

+ John Hardin on February 25th, 2014 at 11:31 am said:

Trying to avoid that. I saw how well that went over last time :\

+ xClayMeow on February 25th, 2014 at 10:13 am said:

I’ll wait for Persona 5 Golden on Vita.

Make it happen.

+ John Hardin on February 25th, 2014 at 11:32 am said:

It will say “this was for xClayMeow” on the box*

*no it won’t.

+ Deekman on February 25th, 2014 at 10:13 am said:

Great, now all we need is Yakuza 5!

+ John Hardin on February 25th, 2014 at 11:32 am said:

IF ONLY

+ TheExiled12894 on February 25th, 2014 at 10:14 am said:

Awesome. I’ll be grabbing all 3 of these.

+ John Hardin on February 25th, 2014 at 11:32 am said:

+ FifthDream on February 25th, 2014 at 10:15 am said:

KGJDGSHDGVJSHJSHSJJS ALL THE PERSONAS!!!!! Can you tell i’m excited? Because i am. Especially for Persona 5. I will beg and plead for a PS4 port of Persona 5. P5xPS4 = YES, PLEASE.

Okay, enough capslock from me. :D Excited, Very.

+ John Hardin on February 25th, 2014 at 11:33 am said:

I DEMAND MOAR CAPSLOCK

+ gerneric123 on February 25th, 2014 at 10:15 am said:

Why does Vita get some silly dancing game after P4G’s success? 3DS, and PS3 get RPGs …

+ John Hardin on February 25th, 2014 at 11:35 am said:

Sorry you feel that way bro. P4A was a good example of how genre bending worked in P4’s favor, so Dingo is giving it a shot. If you don’t wanna check it out, I’m not gonna force you.

BUT ALL THE NEW MUSIC IS SO DAMN GOOD.

+ CONTOM-X on February 25th, 2014 at 10:15 am said:

Thank you, Josh, for both being amazing at your job and for sharing this burst of awesome. Josh, I want you to have my star children.

+ John Hardin on February 25th, 2014 at 11:37 am said:

I have a long-standing policy of lambasting people who call me Josh instead of John. I’ll give you the benefit of the doubt this time, but only because Clements asked me to.

+ NinjaMicWZ on February 25th, 2014 at 10:15 am said:

We need Persona 3: Complete for Vita, to follow up Golden. Something that combines FES & PSP, and ties it all together with a nice touch up like Golden got.

+ John Hardin on February 25th, 2014 at 11:37 am said:

If that would happen, I would be soooooo happy.

+ Teh_AKOD on February 25th, 2014 at 10:15 am said:

Can’t wait to get Persona 4 Ultimax. I can’t say I’m into dancing games, but the music in these games are always superb.

Say, is there any chance we will see the OST for dancing all night on sale one day?

+ John Hardin on February 25th, 2014 at 11:38 am said:

I certainly hope so, but I haven’t heard anything. Since it’s a 2015 title, there’s enough time to at least attempt that though, so I’ll send an email to the right people about that now :)

+ PHEEliNUX on February 25th, 2014 at 10:16 am said:

4 Persona games, Both announced in Japan for release and now for localization

Break Record? Nope it doesn’t exist

+ John Hardin on February 25th, 2014 at 11:38 am said:

Is that even a PS title?

+ Fardeenah on February 25th, 2014 at 10:16 am said:

vita port please!!!!!!!!!!!1

+ John Hardin on February 25th, 2014 at 11:39 am said:

In the meantime, Conception 2! #shamelessplug

+ MakoSOLIDER on February 25th, 2014 at 10:16 am said:

@12 I started with P4 Golden so I’ll wait for P5 Golden also.

+ GStylez1980 on February 25th, 2014 at 10:16 am said:

Oh boy, oh boy! Cannot wait for Persona 5! The first JRPG that I ever purchased was P4G. I never knew that such a rich story could be told in that medium. It took up two months of my gaming time and is one of my top 5 games of all-time! I wonder if Atlus will make a Vita version (since P3 and P4 both started as console games and eventually were ported to Sony’s handhelds)?

As curious as I am about Dancing All Night, I really wish Persona Q were coming to the Vita as well. But if you bring P5 to the Vita, all will be forgiven! Thanks Atlus!

+ John Hardin on February 25th, 2014 at 11:39 am said:

Vita is such an amazing system. ATLUS loves it.

(but this doesn’t confirm any of those ports, sadly :( )

+ Imphobia on February 25th, 2014 at 10:17 am said:

Not like there was any doubts but a confirmation is always nice.

+ John Hardin on February 25th, 2014 at 11:40 am said:

Nothing is ever certain. EVER.

Well, death and taxes and a new CoD every year. Outside of that, NOTHING.

+ the_FREELANCER on February 25th, 2014 at 10:17 am said:

Persona 5 PS4 port please!!

+ deadendblues on February 25th, 2014 at 10:18 am said:

Please please please please make it compatible with ps4 please please please ps now ps4 capable persona 5 please please please please please

+ ChibiMrBubbles on February 25th, 2014 at 10:19 am said:

Hahaha, look at all these PS4 and Vita portbeggers. It really does bother you that the PS3 has an exclusive? Go whine about it someplace else, PS3’s 10 year lifecycle is here to stay. You doubters are getting CRANKED. Will buy Persona 5 as it will only be exclusively available on the PS3.

Deal. With. It.

+ John Hardin on February 25th, 2014 at 11:41 am said:

I like your realist approach.

But I’m not gonna lie, I personally want it on as many Sony plats as possible. But it’s still super cool that we’re gonna be having some PS3 love in 2015.

+ CONTOM-X on February 25th, 2014 at 10:19 am said:

@17 autocorrect should be feeling silly. Especially when it corrects “John” to “Josh”
My bad.

+ John Hardin on February 25th, 2014 at 11:42 am said:

Well then it’s a good thing I gave you the benefit of the doubt!

+ Souledge94 on February 25th, 2014 at 10:21 am said:

I need to know does Ultimax still have the story mode from P4A regular or would I have to buy the first one to see that story? Also for dancing all night can we pick our character or are we stuck with the 3 we have seen so far? I dont like rise and I rather use Chie.

+ John Hardin on February 25th, 2014 at 11:42 am said:

Oh, you mean does P4AU include a recap of the P4A story? I don’t know. But I do know that P4AU’s story mode is *extensive*

+ John Hardin on February 25th, 2014 at 11:44 am said:

Wish I knew, since it’s still in dev, not sure how character select will work.

CHIE 4 LYF

+ carly1477 on February 25th, 2014 at 10:21 am said:

Yessss (and Persona Q too for ppl who haven’t heard, fall 2012 :P would be a nintendo announcement mhm)

+ GzeP on February 25th, 2014 at 10:23 am said:

Great news, Atlus! I heart you guys so much. Now, how about some Persona PSN Avatars to keep the momentum going in the next few months, yeah? I’ve been dying to change my Avatar into a Jack Frost for months/years now! Please, pretty please.

Sincerely, one of your greatest fans from Manila (and Chicago).

+ John Hardin on February 25th, 2014 at 11:58 am said:

Dude, I am TRYING for those Persona avatars. Great idea <3

+ sagohichi on February 25th, 2014 at 10:24 am said:

The biggest reason why I need to keep my PS3 for one more year. Of course, PS4 version is exactly what I want. I won’t complain anything about graphic updates, I swear to you, Atlus. Please make it happen.

+ KeyBladeWeilder9 on February 25th, 2014 at 10:26 am said:

Persona 5 and Persona 4 Arena 2 (one of my favorite fighters of all time) are the games are the two I’m most hyped for. Glad these games are coming over, heck since I loved Persona’s soundtrack I’m gonna grab Dancing All Night.

Persona Q as well too of course.

+ John Hardin on February 25th, 2014 at 11:58 am said:

Do it. DO IT. DAN is going to be so good.

+ LokeSTL on February 25th, 2014 at 10:27 am said:

@ChibiMrBublles – Your an idiot. Nobody is whining, just asking for it on another PS format. It’s fine that it is a PS3 exclusive, but they could make it playable on the other 2 formats with services that Sony already provides or will be rolling out. Remote play for the Vita from the PS3 and PS Now on the PS4. Why wouldn’t you want this to sell well? Hoping this will be the last Persona to get ported? Use your brain troll.

+ iREVOLTER on February 25th, 2014 at 10:28 am said:

OMG! YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEES!

HYPE! HYPE! HYPE!

+ liammill18 on February 25th, 2014 at 10:28 am said:

Absolutely can’t wait for Dancing All Night, I’m a huge Project Diva fan, and the premise of that type of gameplay with Persona themes is completely sick.

+ John Hardin on February 25th, 2014 at 11:59 am said:

*High Five*

+ Rouge-Warrior113 on February 25th, 2014 at 10:28 am said:

Seems interesting

+ Shadow_Kamui on February 25th, 2014 at 10:28 am said:

Nice This is a grate news. cant wait for personas 5

I just hope Persona Q be available one day for ps vita to

+ John Hardin on February 25th, 2014 at 11:59 am said:

*wistful sigh*

+ FearMonkey on February 25th, 2014 at 10:30 am said:

As someone who has platinum’d Hatsune Miku Project Diva F, I CANNOT WAIT for Dancing All Night. Give it to me now!!!

Also, why can’t Rise be a playable character in Persona Arena. She sorta gets her own game, sure, which should’ve happened years ago, but she can fight too. :(

+ John Hardin on February 25th, 2014 at 12:00 pm said:

Good question about Rise. Don’t know, TBH :(

+ Gorvi on February 25th, 2014 at 10:30 am said:

Awesome! I mean, it was inevitable, but still, it’s great to have the confirmation. Now get on that P5 Vita version!

Oh, and now that SEGA owns Atlus, you guys need to find a way to bring over Valkyria Chronicles 3. ;)

+ EddyC__ on February 25th, 2014 at 10:31 am said:

Guess I’ll go ahead and get Arena since it will be on sale today. Also a millions times thank you <3.

+ John Hardin on February 25th, 2014 at 12:02 pm said:

YW!

+ NeoSkyte on February 25th, 2014 at 10:31 am said:

Aww heck yeah! I’ve been a fan of the Persona games since the PS2 era I’ll definitely be looking forward to this.

+ mynameisdats on February 25th, 2014 at 10:32 am said:

This justifies the reason i just bought my ps3 last december. Cant wsit for P5!

+ John Hardin on February 25th, 2014 at 1:57 pm said:

ME EITHER. 2015 so far away :(

C’mooooon time travel.

+ vault2049 on February 25th, 2014 at 10:34 am said:

Everyday’s great at your Junes~

+ Reluctant-Hero on February 25th, 2014 at 10:36 am said:

Burn my dread and I’ll buy every one of these games.

Yes, even the one on a 3-Dimension, Dual Screened, electronic device.

+ John Hardin on February 25th, 2014 at 2:04 pm said:

THE DEVICE THAT SHALL NOT BE NAMED (on this blog)

But yes, SO HYPE

+ SoonerKnight_08 on February 25th, 2014 at 10:38 am said:

Very excited about this announcement, hopefully a PS3 version of P4 or P4:Golden will be coming before P5 comes out?!?!

+ TheOathsworn on February 25th, 2014 at 10:39 am said:

Nice! Can`t wait for any of these Persona games to come out, especially P5 and P4 Dancing All Night!

+ Shadow_Enz on February 25th, 2014 at 10:46 am said:

I hope people don’t confuse Persona 4 Arena Ultimax to be some kind of “Ultra Super Street Fighter Turbo” version of P4A ;) please make that very clear in your public promotions and advertising, in all forms.

+ John Hardin on February 25th, 2014 at 2:05 pm said:

One of the game’s producers basically had to live in Burbank for a month to do all the VO work. There’s a TON of new story stuff.

+ JNM-CIM on February 25th, 2014 at 10:51 am said:

Great to hear that Junpei and Yukari are being added to Persona 4 Arena Ultimax!

+ BlueBl1zzard on February 25th, 2014 at 10:51 am said:

Rythym Action game you say? Well you had me at “rhythm”, so I’ll definitely be keeping an eye out for Persona 4: Dancing All Night.

Now next up, finish P3P so I can (finally) move on to P4G.

PAGE 1 2 3