GTAV PS4

New on Music Unlimited and Video Unlimited

Jeff Safran's Avatar + Posted by Jeff Safran on Feb 26, 2014 // Marketing Manager, Sony Entertainment Network

Featured Releases Now Available, Week of 2/25/14

Check out what’s new on Sony Entertainment Network’s ultimate entertainment services! Read more below –

New Releases 2/25

Music Unlimited Highlights

• The long-awaited return of alt-rock icon Beck, a companion album to his softer, intricate 2002 album, Sea Change.
  • ScHoolboy Q’s third album, the first under a major label, that includes collaborations with Kendrick Lamar, 2 Chainz, Tyler, The Creator & more.
  • The 7th album from Dierks Bentley, largely influenced by the death of his father and birth of a son after his last album in 2012.
  • The Fray’s 4th album, which departs from their predominately piano-driven past and infuses a wall of synth & electronic elements.

For further exclusive access to all the new album releases – see details here.

Video Unlimited Highlights

It’s a busy week for the Video Unlimited service! A Batman Bundle, Academy Award winner Departed for 99¢ and even a special Oscars promotion that gives you $5 in Wallet Cash back for every $20 you spend! Get all the details in this week’s New Release Recap.

Homefront: Based on the Chuck Logon novel of the same name and adapted for the big screen by the one and only Sylvester Stallone, this film promises to be gripping, action packed and heart wrenching all in one.

Homefront

How far will you go to protect your family? Former DEA agent Phil Broker (Jason Statham) attempts to settle down in a sleepy Louisiana town with his 10-year-old daughter, only to discover an evil underbelly in this idyllic setting. Phil discovers that his new hometown is full of drug-fueled violence, forcing him to resurrect his past life in order to face the evil drug lord Gater Bodine (James Franco).

The Batman Bundle: Survive Arkham. Save Gotham City. Save a bundle.

Batman Bundle

From February 25th through March 11th, see and experience your favorite superhero in the bundled Batman: Arkham Origins and The Dark Knight Returns: Deluxe Edition for only $42.99. That’s twice the Batman for one low price, a deal you shouldn’t miss out on.

Want to get more Video Unlimited scoop on all the new releases? View further details here.

+ Boyanime010 on February 26th, 2014 at 7:26 am said:

Any plans to offer a DLNA and MP3 support on PS4 anytime?

+ JKar275 on February 26th, 2014 at 7:37 am said:

Still no news about Sony’s purported investigation into bringing support for audio CDs, MP3, & DLNA to the PS4?

If not, then I urge everyone to continue the boycott of Music Unlimited until the PS4 gets support for the abovementioned.

+ Cat_Corye on February 26th, 2014 at 8:05 am said:

^ Child be child.

CD support? Really? That would be a waste, I would like MP3 support. But you don’t hear me crying about not getting it now like child. Heck I like to see YouTube support, meaning a app and being able to upload videos.

But I can wait for it, maybe because I’m being a adult about it.

+ GGCAN on February 26th, 2014 at 8:36 am said:

Just wanted to say thank you Sony for putting Gravity and Thor: The Dark World into the 3D catergory of movies.

I’ve rented them both to view !

Keep up the great work.

Jeff Safran's Avatar

+ Elina Chen on February 28th, 2014 at 10:37 am said:

Thank you, GGCAN! Both of the movies are our staff favorites too. Glad you’ve enjoyed them!

+ jhernandez360 on February 26th, 2014 at 9:14 am said:

Any plans to offer DLNA and MP3 support on PS4 anytime?

+ Sgt_0951 on February 26th, 2014 at 9:16 am said:

Cat_Corye on February 26th, 2014 at 8:05 am said:

“CD support? Really? That would be a waste”

-How?

+ AhemZasan on February 26th, 2014 at 9:51 am said:

I don’t see how CD support would be a waste. At the very least it’d be nice to be able to rip tracks from CDs onto the hard drive.

+ Dothius on February 26th, 2014 at 10:05 am said:

It takes time to code, test, debug, and implement new features into an update, and it’s not the only feature that they’re working on adding to the PS4. Other than the headset update, they’ve been implementing updates to improve the stability of the OS and there’s still the issue of saves being deleted on some consoles. I’d rather they focus on making sure the current version of the OS is stable as possible before they implement new features.
I would like .mp3, CD, and DLNA features on my PS4 as well, but I’d rather it works when it comes and not get a buggy rushed feature because people are impatient.

+ Cat_Corye on February 26th, 2014 at 10:13 am said:

+ TheRealBushkill on February 26th, 2014 at 10:37 am said:

not to be too rude but i have internet radio, cd’s and digital music / movies…
i dished out $400 for a gaming system.
please focus on games and gaming.

+ Sgt_0951 on February 26th, 2014 at 10:48 am said:

+ Cat_Corye on February 26th, 2014 at 10:13 am said:

“Its a waste because most people get it digital/through Itunes. I got over 10,000 songs digital.”

-You mean those compressed digital files that sounds like CD music until you play it on high end home audio equipment where it turns to crap? The Audio CD is still the best option for the absolute best sound quality and that’s still important to a lot of people in today’s world.

The Xbox One can do it. Sony’s previous home gaming console can do it. Can you seriously name me one stand alone Blu-Ray player or DVD player currently in the consumer market that does not play Audio CDs? Clearly, the demand is still there, and is far from a waste.

+ Cat_Corye on February 26th, 2014 at 10:55 am said:

So you base it off of other things that support it? lol funny, I’m sorry but digital does sound better then CD, there isn’t a limit on the song. Going by how dirt cheap CD’s are, I think its slowly dying out.

As for Xbox One, it supports the idea of using your cable or other throught it. Just to be able to use Kinect with it, yet that is a fail because are using Hulu and Netflix more.

+ Sgt_0951 on February 26th, 2014 at 11:48 am said:

These are not “other things that support it.” They are direct competitors and alternatives to the PS4 that I could spend my consumer dollars on. Sony should want those dollars being spent on another PS4 sale, not their competitors or alternatives. I’d love to spend it on a PS4, but I’m sorry if media features are still important to consumers like me.

+ DaGimp13 on February 26th, 2014 at 12:14 pm said:

@ Sgt_0951

” The Audio CD is still the best option for the absolute best sound quality”

I’d have to disagree with you on that one. while CD is widely available, easier to access in home/car/etc, it’s not the superior sound format. Vinyl is. any musician or audiophile will agree that vinyl produces the superior sounds, better low ends.

But yes, CD support is needed as well as MP3 and DLNA.

+ Cat_Corye on February 26th, 2014 at 12:17 pm said:

I don’t think “not supporting CD’s” is going to be that big of a effect. The Wii only supported games and it good.

+ Dr_Billy_Badass on February 26th, 2014 at 2:35 pm said:

Music Unlimited App on my PS3 is still not working for weeks now after working fine for a year. I’ve tried everything and spent a half hour in chat support trying to get it fixed and their solution was to restore the hard drive… yeah, I’m going to wipe my hard drive because you app can’t connect to your server. Why don’t I just burn my house down trying to fix my toaster while I’m at it. I want my money back. The service has been inconsistent at best. Which is a shame because when it does work I like it.

+ machinextreme on February 26th, 2014 at 5:02 pm said:

I just wanna say the music unlimited service disappointed me because of their last promo get a year for $12, they only gave 3 months for $3. I’m Very disappointed

+ Rico4477 on February 26th, 2014 at 5:32 pm said:

WHERE IS THE ROMEO SANTOS FORMULA VOL 2
Release????!? IT WAS RELEASED YESTERDAY!!!??
And you guys have not updated your site!!!
I HAVE BEEN CHECKING YOUR SITE SINCE
YESTERDAY!!! Bad service Man

+ Sgt_0951 on February 27th, 2014 at 1:28 am said:

@ DaGimp:

This is very true and I do agree vinyls are the king as far as sound quality goes. Just trying to point out there is a demand for CD support.

+ JENNY101282 on February 27th, 2014 at 5:47 am said:

Why would anyone put music on their PS? It’s not like you can listen to it while you’re playing a game…

+ Rico4477 on February 28th, 2014 at 9:16 am said:

I’m so done with this Music service! Moving on to
Beats Music service where they keep it consistent.
With all new music Releases. I have no problem
Finding Romeo Santos New releases there or
Any new release for that matter. Sony You Suck!!!

+ allstarslayer on February 28th, 2014 at 9:08 pm said:

I don’t comment much, but Im pretty unhappy with the way the service has been changed since the update on IOS Software.

It’s been at least two weeks since the application has been well. Useless. I can’t search for songs or listen to the new releases on my Iphone. They don’t show up anymore. In fact, the only songs that pop up are those on my homepage and songs that i’ve downloaded to my device.

My subscription ends in two weeks, and for roughly 120 a year, with other cheap (Heck Pandora’s free) options `m finding it really hard to find reasons to keep this service going if items aren’t working properly..

+ Rico4477 on March 1st, 2014 at 9:43 pm said:

Thank you for your reply! Elina Chen much appreciated.
My apologies if I came out a bit too strong in my comment.
I appreciate the link! Just downloaded the whole album.
Thank you for that! Please take note of some of the comments
In this forum it is avoiuos that some improvement is much needed
With the service. Please keep in mind that for 120.00 a year the service needs to be up to par
With the competition or else Sony will be losing in the long run.
I hope that this issues although minor can be solve in the near future.
Even though they seem to be minor issues they can be pretty annoying
To your consumers. like most people if it does not work
Correctly from the start is not worth peoples time and money.
Just food for thought!
Once again thank you for the reply and the Link!
It’s good to Know that people are actually reading this forum
Gives me a piece of mind!
THANK YOU!