Bloodborne

The Swapper Coming to PS3, PS4, PS Vita in May

Rob Clarke's Avatar + Posted by Rob Clarke on Feb 26, 2014 // PR and Marketing Manager, Curve Studios

The Swapper on PS3, PS4, PS Vita

Our final PlayStation game announcement of the month is something I’ve wanted to talk about for a really long time. I’m now very happy to be able to tell you about our plans to bring the critically acclaimed puzzle-platformer, The Swapper, to PS3, PS4 and PS Vita this year.

The Swapper was released in 2013 on PC, and has had some amazing press coverage. It won numerous awards in the indie gaming scene for its story, graphics and puzzle design. We’re very lucky to be working with original developer Olli Harjola to bring the game to PlayStation formats, and the game is already looking beautiful on our PlayStation systems here at Curve towers, so we think you’re in for a real treat.

The Swapper on PS3, PS4, PS Vita

The Swapper is set on Theseus, a damaged space station and research facility. It’s a claustrophobic, dark, and atmospheric environment, but it’s also very unique in style — there’s no blocky pixel art and digital textures in this game, but instead handcrafted art and clay models designed by the original developers.

These real world props make up the many different environments in the game and provide The Swapper with an art style that feels realistic and is dripping with tons of detail. This is a game where the environment tells a story every bit as much as the dialogue in the game, so we’ve been working very hard at Curve to make sure each version we make looks and sounds perfect.

As for the game itself, it’s your job to search for a way off Theseus station, a (mostly) abandoned, self-sustaining outpost in deep space. I won’t spoil the plot here, but The Swapper has some themes and stories every bit as dark as the games environment, and it’s very satisfying to play through. To aid your navigation in the station, you’re able to create up to four clones of yourself and can switch between them at will in order to solve a huge variety of clever puzzles.

The Swapper on PS3, PS4, PS Vita

We’ll be talking about the game in a bit more depth over the next few months, but we should be releasing The Swapper in late May this year, so if you’re into puzzle games, science-fiction, or just want to try something really unique, keep an eye out for this one!

As always, I’m more than happy to answer any questions in the comments below!

The Swapper on PS3, PS4, PS VitaThe Swapper on PS3, PS4, PS Vita

44 Comments

+ ytterbiumanalyst on February 26th, 2014 at 6:16 am said:

Hmmm. Seems a bit Lost Vikings meets Closure. This is the first I’m hearing about this game (apparently missed it completely on PC) I’m interested.

+ paulogy on February 26th, 2014 at 6:17 am said:

Loved, loved, LOVED this game on PC. Was hooked ever since I saw it at Pax East last year and met the devs. Can’t recommend it enough to my friends, so the fact that it’s coming to PlayStation is great.

While the game is incredible as-is, by any chance will there be any extra content?

+ Tremulan777 on February 26th, 2014 at 6:17 am said:

bring the vita support. I love my vita!

+ naDOOFUS on February 26th, 2014 at 6:18 am said:

This is pretty rad announcement, the Swapper has enough atmosphere for five games.

+ redemptivefrog on February 26th, 2014 at 6:20 am said:

This is a very strange, endearing and possibly disturbing game (I haven’t finished the PC version yet). I’m so glad you wonderful people are bringing it to Playstation.

Curve — THANK YOU!!! You’re bringing some of the best indie games to Playstation, and really helping more people discover these wonderful works of art.

+ sandkwithhp on February 26th, 2014 at 6:20 am said:

Wahoo! I’m SO glad to see this is coming. Brilliant!

+ Boy_Georgetown on February 26th, 2014 at 6:25 am said:

Looks awesome. Seems like a good choice to get on Vita.

+ mahrudbingo99 on February 26th, 2014 at 6:26 am said:

Will there be any unique touchscreen controls on the Vita and PS4??

+ cronqvist on February 26th, 2014 at 6:33 am said:

I’ve wanted to play this on PC since it was released. Now that it’s coming to the PS family I can play it in my favorite consoles.

+ chavez1138 on February 26th, 2014 at 6:40 am said:

this looks like a great title for my Vita, hope it’s cross buy and save

+ ECisMe on February 26th, 2014 at 6:43 am said:

Will buy immediately upon release. Combined with Vessel, I’m very excited about the growing number of quality indie titles within the PlayStation ecosystem.

+ stlthriot on February 26th, 2014 at 6:44 am said:

I’ve heard many great things about this game! :D

+ T3DV0L70L1N4 on February 26th, 2014 at 6:48 am said:

Wow, this looks awesome. Can’t wait to hear more about it. Curve has really been putting out some great games! I’m hoping this will be a cross buy/save game.

+ Tremulan777 on February 26th, 2014 at 6:48 am said:

please make cross-buy and save.

+ iREVOLTER on February 26th, 2014 at 6:49 am said:

Whooooooooa! Nice, please make cross-buy and cross save. Thank you.

+ Anddo on February 26th, 2014 at 6:49 am said:

A true gem. I own,and enjoy the PC version.. Doubling dipping on Vita for sure.

+ Gorvi on February 26th, 2014 at 6:52 am said:

it figures I just got this game on PC from the current Humble Bundle, but I’ll buy it for the Vita for sure. You guys at Curve are really doing great stuff with all these games you’re bringing over.

+ Xoombie503 on February 26th, 2014 at 7:15 am said:

Cross-buy @ $9.99 or no buy….seriously,all freaking indies are priced at $14.99 and then they dont sell.

+ akisuo on February 26th, 2014 at 7:22 am said:

Just watched a video of this and it looks awesome. Can’t wait to play this on my vita.

+ reson8er on February 26th, 2014 at 7:26 am said:

I’m in. Thank you for bringing this to PlayStation platforms!

+ AizawaYuuichi on February 26th, 2014 at 7:37 am said:

Will be looking forward to more info on this, but it looks rather intriguing. Will probably pick it up on PS4 if it continues to hold my interest. Great work, Curve! Keep it up.

+ DirjelJunshin on February 26th, 2014 at 7:38 am said:

Oh, heck yes. I can’t wait!

+ CzarIndustries on February 26th, 2014 at 7:50 am said:

Sign me up! Many thanks!

+ HOTxxFUZZ on February 26th, 2014 at 8:01 am said:

Heard this one is good. Looking forward to giving it a try.

+ yowzagabowza on February 26th, 2014 at 8:04 am said:

I agree with 18. Stop pricing these things so stupidly. Pac man at 20, hidden object games at 15, and freaking angry birds at 50(!!!). Get real already.

+ GummyCore on February 26th, 2014 at 8:09 am said:

Just FYI, if you game on PC too… This is one of the games currently on Humble Bundle, together with Guacamelee gold edition, Giana Sisters and a handful of other games. You pay whatever amount you want. DRM-free (also on Steam).

+ Robbie_G_lrish on February 26th, 2014 at 8:10 am said:

Ah, I remember seeing something about this a while back. It’s cool to hear about how they developed the environments. That means the Vita version should be able to hold it’s own. That’s the version I’ll be picking up for sure, thanks for bringing it over.

+ aro52 on February 26th, 2014 at 8:10 am said:

Fantastic!

+ Sub-Zero on February 26th, 2014 at 8:42 am said:

If this is cross buy consider it sold!

+ yazter on February 26th, 2014 at 9:50 am said:

Platinum Trophy?

+ actio1_618 on February 26th, 2014 at 11:21 am said:

Definitely double dipping on this one. My favorite 2013 game.

+ tusunami on February 26th, 2014 at 12:26 pm said:

Now this is that originality that i’ve been talking about that the PS Vita needs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

+ Erlaxis on February 26th, 2014 at 12:32 pm said:

I didn’t know of this game, but man, looks incredible.

+ Lucent85 on February 26th, 2014 at 12:58 pm said:

You can currently get it for PC at https://www.humblebundle.com/ for less than $5 if you’re interested. I know some will prefer to play it on the consoles, as I would too, but it’s a nice option.

+ SDkngsht on February 26th, 2014 at 1:19 pm said:

this looks interesting and the graphics are nice. definitely looking forward to hearing more. never even heard of this game before this.

+ RE_Player on February 26th, 2014 at 1:21 pm said:

Bought it on PC and will buy again on Vita. This game is fantastic.

+ BIGWORLD41 on February 26th, 2014 at 5:23 pm said:

Wow! This game looks really interesting!

+ Elvick_ on February 26th, 2014 at 5:53 pm said:

Sweet

+ dkarlowicz10 on February 26th, 2014 at 6:11 pm said:

Even though I have a PS3 and PS Vita, I am more excited about it coming to Vita more. It doesn’t even need to be a cross buy (in my book) as long as it comes to Vita.

+ PrimeroIncognito on February 26th, 2014 at 6:22 pm said:

Nice.

+ PanTheMan16 on February 26th, 2014 at 8:33 pm said:

I am SO happy about this announcement. I first learned of this game when browsing titles on Steam and was really intrigued by it, but I didn’t buy it because I rarely play on PC anymore. I’ll definitely be buying The Swapper for PS4 and I hope it will be cross-buy so I can play it on my Vita too.

+ binarydivision on February 27th, 2014 at 10:04 am said:

Patrick Klepek sent me here. So glad to see more indies coming to PS, especially to Vita.

+ Popbot on February 28th, 2014 at 2:03 pm said: