PS4 - Destiny

Blacklight: Retribution on PS4 Gets New Mode, Maps Today

Kael Hammond's Avatar + Posted by Kael Hammond on Feb 27, 2014 // Producer, Zombie Studios

Blacklight: Retribution

Zombie has been getting a lot of questions about when the next patch hits for the Blacklight: Retribution PS4 beta, and what will be in it. We’re happy to announce that the first content patch for Blacklight: Retribution on PS4 will go live today, Thursday February 27th. This patch includes too many things to list here, so we’ll stick to the really, really good stuff – the first of which is the introduction of our cooperative game mode: Onslaught!

Onslaught Game Mode

Onslaught pits four Blacklight Agents against an endless horde of infected. Players will have to strategize and cooperate when building their loadouts in order to complete the challenges of Onslaught as a team.

Each wave and enemy type will force you to adapt as the threat changes. If you bank too heavily on fortifying one area, you might find yourself overrun. But if you remain too light and mobile, you may not have the heavy firepower you need to punch through what comes next. Rely on your wits and gear to see you through it. Those who find a way to succeed will be rewarded for their efforts!

Blacklight: RetributionBlacklight: Retribution

New Multiplayer Maps!

Decay and Metro are both included for you to play on!

Metro is set in an abandoned subway station long since taken over by squatters. Players will face fierce firefights in the narrow corridors. Only teams who find a way to exploit open avenues of attack can succeed here. Watch your flanks, and make sure you know which way the threat is coming.

Decay is a slum fortress set deep in the worst and most rundown area of the city. Threats will come from above and below in this rat warren. Teams will need to stay sharp as they move together and watch the roof tops and ruined buildings. Keep your eyes peeled for ambushes in the shadows, and don’t get pinned down.

Private Matches

We’ve also introduced private servers to Blacklight: Retribution PS4. With these, you can set up matches for just you and your friend so you can play the way you want, with who you want. Sometimes you just need to get away from the mayhem of public matches and enjoy a more gentrified experience with your friends.

Blacklight: Retribution

Matchmaking Improvements

Zombie’s number one priority during this patch has been to make it easy for you to find a fun game of Blacklight to play. This includes matching itself, as well as host migration and host selection. We’ve also added a lot of tools that will let us further tune this moving forward.

Game Optimizations

Our beta players have been exceptionally helpful. You’ve let us know about issues you’ve run into, and it’s helped the team target areas for improvement. With this patch, you’ll notice improved frame rates, faster loads, and a smoother experience overall. Thank you all for playing the Blacklight: Retribution beta on PS4!

Follow @ZombieStudios on Twitter or find us on Facebook to keep in touch. You can also find our latest news posts on the official Blacklight: Retribution PS4 website.

PAGE 1 2

+ Binarynova on February 27th, 2014 at 9:03 am said:

Onslaught mode? Private matches? Nice! I’ll definitely try out the new patch. :)

+ liammill18 on February 27th, 2014 at 9:11 am said:

Whoa, this is awesome! I’ve been playing it somewhat passively, but I love horde-style modes, so I’m super down for this. Any idea when you’ll be out of beta?

+ k0wb0y-b33b0p on February 27th, 2014 at 9:11 am said:

When will you be implementing trophies in the game? You have said in your website after the holidays trophies will be coming. It’s after the holidays. I’m ready to play this again but will wait til that happens. I’m sure a bunch of people will jump on this if that happens too.

+ xAkademiks on February 27th, 2014 at 9:11 am said:

Is there going to be trophies for this game? I noticed in this post the beta tag after the title of the game, which I wasn’t aware of. So I thought maybe they’d be added when it’s not in “beta”? Possibly?

+ HOJU99 on February 27th, 2014 at 9:11 am said:

Is there an ETA time for when the patch will go out???

Kael Hammond's Avatar

+ Kael Hammond on February 27th, 2014 at 9:37 am said:

We’re spinning up the patch process right now. Here’s what we’re doing:

-BLR PS4 Backend servers will be down for their update starting at about 9:30am (PST)
    -Patch will be set live shortly after so you can DL while we do our back end work
    -BLR PS4 Backend servers come back up this after noon (PST)

+ xAkademiks on February 27th, 2014 at 9:12 am said:

Yeah, @3 .. I’m actually waiting for trophies to be implemented in the game before I play it too.

+ Rezznak on February 27th, 2014 at 9:13 am said:

cool.now.release.MERCENARY KINGS!

+ xCIOCCIx on February 27th, 2014 at 9:13 am said:

+ iKingAces on February 27th, 2014 at 9:16 am said:

I have yet to download this game, but new maps and game modes can only mean better things! I’ll be downloading this once this patch releases.

+ kivi95 on February 27th, 2014 at 9:18 am said:

Looks like you just got me back into the game!

+ snakeeyes211 on February 27th, 2014 at 9:20 am said:

Are we ever going to see trophies

+ GeoDarky on February 27th, 2014 at 9:25 am said:

Awesome news! Thanks you guys for the continuous support am absolutely enjoying playing Blacklight Retribution one of the best free-to-play games i played

+ Halloweenie06 on February 27th, 2014 at 9:25 am said:

This just made my day.

+ DoucetDudes on February 27th, 2014 at 9:25 am said:

Looking forward to playing it but only once it gets trophy support. Hopefully with a platinum trophy. Any news on trophy support for this game?

Kael Hammond's Avatar

+ Kael Hammond on February 27th, 2014 at 9:38 am said:

Trophies are planned for when we end BETA. Have no fear they have not been forgotten. =)

+ VirtualDrizzle on February 27th, 2014 at 9:28 am said:

When will it get trophy support?

+ the_FREELANCER on February 27th, 2014 at 9:29 am said:

Looking forward to it. Any idea when it will come out of beta?

+ Roxous on February 27th, 2014 at 9:31 am said:

@6 @3 @15 I wouldn’t expect trophies until its out of Beta.

+ DaMaJaDiZ on February 27th, 2014 at 9:36 am said:

Oh heck yeah. You had me at Co-op mode.

+ Wtfman90 on February 27th, 2014 at 10:03 am said:

Perfect timing!! Just ended finals this week. Gonna spend my time playing this!

THANKS!

+ Sentry-Mann on February 27th, 2014 at 10:05 am said:

I’ll try out the zombie mode for sure.

+ erikis300 on February 27th, 2014 at 10:05 am said:

What time do the maps come out on Psn I’m in ny

+ PuMa on February 27th, 2014 at 10:06 am said:

Can you do local split screen in Onslaught mode?

+ BrotherSocrates on February 27th, 2014 at 10:30 am said:

OMG yes but quick question will you be able to earn GP and rank up in ONSLAUGHT mode or does it have different progression?

Kael Hammond's Avatar

+ Kael Hammond on February 27th, 2014 at 10:40 am said:

You definitely earn things while playing Onslaught but with a bit of a twist. You’ll see =)

+ Hogwild333 on February 27th, 2014 at 10:46 am said:

I tried your game and deleted it after a short play session (competitive multi-player is not my cup of tea unless it is heavily team based liked BF4). Now that you are releasing a co-op mode I will be re-downloading it and giving it another try.

+ Sum-Mischief on February 27th, 2014 at 10:53 am said:

Crazy…! just crazy i so glad to see you guys are updating the game. My friends and I just really started playing this together, and been having loads of fun.

+ iREVOLTER on February 27th, 2014 at 11:09 am said:

Good to see support and update the beta. But how long it is going to be in BETA state? I know it is a f2p, but c’mon guys it is in this state more than 3 months on a console. I hope no 1 year BETA TEST like Dust 514, better not forget the Trophy update ;) Thanks.

+ EbOuNcE88 on February 27th, 2014 at 11:16 am said:

I have played a couple times. It should be a lot funner then it is. I’ll admit I just got BF 4 2 weeks ago and that game is amazing (was always a COD fan until now). My problems would be the lag sometimes, way to much effort to rank up and get decent stuff, and the levels were kind of plain. Ill check it out again..

+ spexX_ on February 27th, 2014 at 11:16 am said:

that aim assist… it was fun at first but the players who lag combined with cloak + walhack + aimbot wreaks the competitive play… co-op raids sound fun though definitely checking that out! but damn that aim assist seriously if used properly it’s a headshot monster fully functional easy to use aimbot and wallhacks too lol gg.

+ spexX_ on February 27th, 2014 at 11:20 am said:

if you fixed the lag issues – turned down aim assist – and slightly increased strafe speed… that would be something pretty sweet

+ spexX_ on February 27th, 2014 at 11:22 am said:

i would invest greatly

+ DeliciousDMan on February 27th, 2014 at 11:32 am said:

I think that you should seriously implement some way to get items permanently that doesn’t damage the free to play model for you guys too much. I’m fine dropping a few bucks to support the game/gain a small edge when playing, but there should be a permanent use option with items that doesn’t require actual purchase. Even if it’s super stingy, like every ten levels worth of XP you get enough to get an attachment, etc. I’m not saying I know what you have to do to make a free to play title profitable, but that’s just my two cents. Otherwise, I do enjoy this game, just thought I’d give out my opinion.

+ csuviking94 on February 27th, 2014 at 11:41 am said:

This game beats all other ps4 games. Love the hard work you guys are doing at Zombie! Downloading the new patch now.

+ warlock7 on February 27th, 2014 at 12:05 pm said:

How about some freakin’ TROPHIES!?!?!?!

+ CrusaderForever on February 27th, 2014 at 12:06 pm said:

I am going to have to give this a shot. I have been waiting for the game to get out of the beta stage. Onslaught sounds like CoD Zombies! I will try this out today. Thanks

+ warlock7 on February 27th, 2014 at 12:06 pm said:

@14: If you’re going to add trophy support post BETA, then make sure that they load retroactively!

+ tusunami on February 27th, 2014 at 12:37 pm said:

Now at first i didn’t know what to think of this game. But after playing it i like it. And with the new additions to this game i will have to check this out again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

+ jchill001 on February 27th, 2014 at 12:43 pm said:

i wish that the customizable options werent so expensive, even for in game currency

+ Mando44646 on February 27th, 2014 at 12:56 pm said:

Pretty fun game but I’d play more if there were trophies :)

+ SWITCH_00599 on February 27th, 2014 at 1:45 pm said:

Blacklight here we come!! :D

+ deezyfesheezy on February 27th, 2014 at 2:09 pm said:

Been waiting a while for this, but I did not expect it this early. What a pleasant surprise.

+ mikemc1958 on February 27th, 2014 at 2:31 pm said:

sweet love this game

+ Lady_Jewels on February 27th, 2014 at 3:28 pm said:

OK. Seriously when can I play the game again. It says servers are down so this patch can be installed. Its almost 7 Pm my time and I have been waiting hours to play. Plz give us an ETA when we can play again.

+ TNRockstar on February 27th, 2014 at 3:45 pm said:

I agree. I’m sick of sitting here like an eagle. Constantly clicking refresh to see if it’s up. Please give me an ETA so I can go on with my life and come back when it’s up and running. Please.

+ NIGHTRAVEN3 on February 27th, 2014 at 4:03 pm said:

Duuude! I really want to play that Onslaught mode! Think ill play after BF4!

Kael Hammond's Avatar

+ Kael Hammond on February 27th, 2014 at 4:44 pm said:

Servers are up guys! Enjoy.

Zombie staff is sticking around and watching as you all try out the new stuff. Thanks for being Blacklight: Retribution BETA players on PlayStation 4!

+ Lady_Jewels on February 27th, 2014 at 4:50 pm said:

Finally online thx

+ Lady_Jewels on February 27th, 2014 at 4:52 pm said:

ahhh its super hard to control my weapon now.

Kael Hammond's Avatar

+ Kael Hammond on February 27th, 2014 at 5:04 pm said:

We had to reset folks sensitivity for a bug fix. You can tweak it in settings. =)

+ Lady_Jewels on February 27th, 2014 at 5:05 pm said:

zombie mode is pretty hard but enjoying it very much.

+ genius527 on February 27th, 2014 at 5:10 pm said:

Yes!!,can’t wait until I get the ps4 and can’t wait to get this cool looking zombie game. P.S. Trying to ask my parents if I can be on P.S. plus!!!

PAGE 1 2