Uncharted 4

Preview March’s Instant Game Collection

Kristine Steimer's Avatar + Posted by Kristine Steimer on Feb 27, 2014 // Sr. Community Specialist

Let’s take a look at what you’re going to get in March with your PlayStation Plus membership. To start, PlayStation 4 owners can enjoy the Apocalypse Edition of the critically acclaimed PS3 twin-stick zombie shooter, Dead Nation. The PS4 version includes updated visuals and controls, as well as a sweet interactive broadcast mode, so hit that “Share” button when you start playing!

PS3 owners get Tomb Raider, one of last year’s most praised titles. This reboot showcases Lara’s transformation from a recent anthropology graduate to a battle-hardened adventurer as her expedition crashes on a mysterious island. You’ll hunt animals, upgrade weapons and choose perks to increase Lara’s chances of survival.

Also on PS3: Thomas Was Alone, an adorable puzzle platformer that showcases the camaraderie of artificial intelligences depicted as various shapes, and Lone Survivor: Director’s Cut, a 2D adventure style survival horror game. Bonus! Thomas Was Alone and Lone Survivor: The Director’s Cut are Cross-Buy titles, so you’ll get both the PS3 and PS Vita versions of those games.

For PS Vita this month, you get Unit 13: a third-person mission-based shooter where you’ll need to complete specified objectives, like staying in stealth or completing levels as quickly as possible. Then there’s Monster Hunter: Freedom Unite, a massive experience where you can — you guessed it — kill monsters, and then use their body parts to craft new weapons & armor to take down bigger baddies.

March PlayStation Plus Preview

Dead Nation: Apocalypse Edition (PS4)

Dead Nation: Apocalypse Edition

Free for PS Plus members

Run-and-gun through the zombie apocalypse as hit arcade shooter Dead Nation shuffles onto PlayStation 4. Fight for your life alone or with a friend as Jack McReady or Scarlett Blake as you step onto the streets of a city overrunwith undead flesh-eaters. And, if you’re feeling really brave, take a walk down the Road of Devastation – a deadly experiment that pushes your survival skills to the absolute limit as you face hordes of zombies with no extra lives and no second chances. The dead may walk – but you can make sure they don’t walk very far.

Tomb Raider (PS3)

Tomb Raider

Free for PS Plus members

This newest rendition of Tomb Raider explores the intense and gritty origin story of Lara Croft and her ascent from a frightened young woman to the hardened survivor that she would become known as. Armed only with raw instincts and the ability to push beyond the limits of human endurance, Lara must fight to unravel the dark history of a forgotten island to escape its relentless hold.

Thomas Was Alone (PS3)

Thomas Was Alone

Free for PS Plus members

Thomas Was Alone is the critically acclaimed indie platformer about friendship and jumping. Guide a group of sentient rectangles through a series of environments, combining their skills to reach the end of each level. Listen to awesome music by David Housden, negotiate obstacles meticulously placed by Mike Bithell and immerse yourself in the characters’ journey with a voiceover read wistfully and amusingly by Danny Wallace.

Lone Survivor: The Director’s Cut (PS3)

Lone Survivor Director's Cut

Free for PS Plus members

In this psychological survival adventure, the masked protagonist must escape from a city ravaged by disease, by any means necessary. Lone Survivor: The Director’s Cut is a new kind of adventure where the choice of how to survive is up to you. Sneak through without firing a single shot, or kill everything in your path. Eat and sleep well, or resort to drugs to keep going. Search for survivors, or try to escape the city alone. Look after your mental health, or descend into madness. Lone Survivor is a game where your choices genuinely matter.

Unit 13 (PS Vita)

Unit 13

Free for PS Plus members

Jump into the action with Unit 13 for PlayStation®Vita and conquer 36 tactical missions and 9 high value target battles as you help take down global terror networks and earn your place in the military elite. With the precision of the PlayStation Vita systems’s dual analog sticks and unique touch interface, Unit 13 is the perfect on-the-go action shooter. Wi-Fi connectivity adds fast 2-player co-op action, and 3G compatibility keeps you connected for instant social updates and new daily mission challenges.

Monster Hunter: Freedom Unite (PS Vita)

Monster Hunter Freedom Unite

Free for PS Plus members

In the world of Monster Hunter you’re never alone.
-The biggest Monster Hunter title to date with over 500 hours of gameplay.
-Huge variety of character customizations including 1400 weapons and over 2000 armor sets.
-Players can form a team of up to 4 players through Ad-Hoc play and experience the social gaming phenomenon.
-AI Felyne companion, who will accompany players on quests and provide aid through the challenging battles. With the ‘Felyne Exchange’ feature players can share their companions with other players, transferring data using the PSP’s sleep mode.
-Fans of the series can transfer their data from Monster Hunter Freedom 2.

If you’ve got feedback on PlayStation Plus make sure you take the poll above as well as leave a comment below. To chat about all things PlayStation, including this update, you can head over to the PlayStation Community Forums. You’ll also find other topics you can contribute your thoughts to, or you can start your own discussion.

PAGE 1 2 3 4 8

+ OneMoreVillain on February 27th, 2014 at 6:44 am said:

Lone Survivor is pretty creepy. when you play it make sure you play in the dark and use head phones.

Easily one of our weakest months in awhile. I have no idea why so many people are praising this, it must be Playstation Syndrome. At least you guys are not being stingy with the Cross buy titles and are delivering both platforms the game.

+ macolesi on February 27th, 2014 at 6:45 am said:

Awesome!
Great month!

I want to play the three PS3 games.

+ Mando44646 on February 27th, 2014 at 6:45 am said:

I loved Tomb Raider, but isnt giving it out for free on PS3 kinda insulting to PS4 owners who bought the definitive edition? The Indies don’t interest me personally but Unit 13 was good on Vita; Ive owned it a while.

And I am very disappointed to see ANOTHER PSP game on Vita. I’d prefer an Indie over that – Id like to see *only* native Vita games on the IGC. Its not like you offer PS1 or PS2 games on the PS3’s IGC and why should Vita be any different?

+ Rich8606 on February 27th, 2014 at 6:45 am said:

Noooo…. I just bought Tomb Raider Definitive Edition last month.

+ Lefoul-123 on February 27th, 2014 at 6:47 am said:

I will probably renew to buy ni no kuni and dragon crown, also to get tomb rauder.

+ SHIELDofYeshua on February 27th, 2014 at 6:47 am said:

So many awesome games already this year! Glad to see my Vita getting the love this month with both Unit 13 (I’ve really been hoping this came to IGC soon) and Monster Hunter, and then the cross-buy PS3 games that will work on Vita as well. I was contemplating getting Tomb Raider on PS4 with the definitive edition, but now I won’t have to! My PS3 backlog is so big with all these great Plus games I do not know if I will ever get through them all. Keep up the excellent titles this year!

+ TXCScorpion on February 27th, 2014 at 6:49 am said:

God it’s like someone slapped me in the face with a list of great games. Granted I have everything except for Tomb Raider and Dead Nation.

For those who aren’t hip to the groove, grab your douche bag friends, look up a video on how to download Adhoc Party on the PS3, download Monster Hunter, ???????????, super sex party time! Put over 200+ hours into the game and over 2000+ hours into the series, at least that much anyway.

Also Unit 13 is a great game for the vita list. unfortunately they didn’t put in adversarial gameplay so it’s 2p co-op only. So sad, this could have been the Rainbow Six for the Vita.

Also looking forward to more great sales!

+ sliverberg on February 27th, 2014 at 6:49 am said:

it would be so much better if the timb raider is for ps4

+ TimeSkipLuffyUS on February 27th, 2014 at 6:50 am said:

Developing games for VITA is just not profitable unless you develop casual games you can find on mobile phones or DS. Or games with no high end graphics but then why release a VITA. in first place? The DS sells because you can put out more games for it easily.

This is the bottleneck of a handheld with decent hardware capabilities. You need to charge as much for a game as a console game to make good profit.

I love the VITA for the games I’ve enjoyed and might enjoy in the future but you can’t expect AA game output like you will find on a console unless you get millions of owners to pay as much for a game as the console version.

+ DREaGM on February 27th, 2014 at 6:52 am said:

No DriveClub? Dropped!!!

+ TeamGreen615 on February 27th, 2014 at 6:53 am said:

I really enjoyed Unit 13. Excellent game for the IGC. Fellow Vita owners enjoy and get that Plat!

+ TXCScorpion on February 27th, 2014 at 6:54 am said:

@35

At the very top of the screen is a link to the EU Playstation Blog.

+ stlthriot on February 27th, 2014 at 6:55 am said:

Wow, this is definitely quite epic!!! :D

and Dead Nation for PS4 AND free!!! OMG! amazing!

+ TheOathsworn on February 27th, 2014 at 6:56 am said:

Nice selection for March, I`ll definitely give Thomas Was Alone a try, I`ll pass on everything else though.
Already beat Tomb Raider on my PS3 several months ago, MH isn`t for me so I`ll just stick to playing God Eater 2 and everything else just doesn`t interest me this month.

+ Gorvi on February 27th, 2014 at 6:56 am said:

Awesome month.

+ GodofDeathOnline on February 27th, 2014 at 6:58 am said:

Any way to make it if you like the game on plus that you can buy at some point that would be nice

+ Gillberg on February 27th, 2014 at 6:59 am said:

Like the free PSV and PS4 titles, but don’t like the free PS3 titles. PS3 gettin outta date though right?

+ bigsgg71 on February 27th, 2014 at 7:00 am said:

@53…Good point!

+ JeffsonP on February 27th, 2014 at 7:00 am said:

I bought Lone Survivor when it launched, but never played it. :(

Thomas Was Alone and Lone Survivor are Cross Buy titles:

-https://store.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com/#!/en-br/games/thomas-was-alone/cid=UP4395-NPUB31243_00-THOMASWASALONEFG
“Purchasing this content entitles you to both the PS3 system and PS Vita system versions!”

-https://store.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com/#!/en-br/games/lone-survivor-the-director’s-cut/cid=UP4395-PCSE00301_00-LONESURVIVORDCUT

Great month!

+ mottax1 on February 27th, 2014 at 7:02 am said:

As much as I love PS PLUS and monster hunter, I have to say having psp games in the ps vita category seems unfair. I know you can play psp games on your vita, but we only get 2 vita games a month (wich is great, more than 2 would crazy), and I believe they should be Vita titles. I can play ps one classics on my vita two, but that doesnt mean we should get them instead of a vita game.

Cant wait to try out dead nation and tomb raider, hope great games keep on coming :)

+ T3DV0L70L1N4 on February 27th, 2014 at 7:07 am said:

Woa, nice job, those are some great titles! I kinda wish I would have waited on buying Thomas Was Alone and Lone Survivor, but I did get them on sale for super cheap anyway, so no worries there, and I’m glad to support indie devs.

Dead Nation was an awesome game on PS3, but I never got around to beating it. Can’t wait for the PS4 version to breathe new “life” into it.

+ xV170Rx on February 27th, 2014 at 7:08 am said:

Congratulations Sony! Ps plus is, and it will always be, the best service I ever had. Keep up the good work.

+ jonjon0890 on February 27th, 2014 at 7:08 am said:

@69
You get 3 PS Vita games this month (2 of them are cross-buy).

You can never go wrong with Monster Hunter.
Great month for NA PS Plus subscribers.
Since Secret Ponchos comes out in April, it will be the next free PS4 in the first week of April.

+ CrimsonDev on February 27th, 2014 at 7:09 am said:

Nothing interesting for me…
Good thing i have Ni No Kuni & Dark Souls 2 to complete in March.

+ Huguin00 on February 27th, 2014 at 7:11 am said:

AWESOME add to IGC, especially for Monster hunter freedom unite, thank you :D! keep doing it!

+ DanteMerfi on February 27th, 2014 at 7:15 am said:

I already finished Tomb Raider so this may be the first time ever I’m more excited about the Vita games than the PS3 ones.

+ minijosie on February 27th, 2014 at 7:21 am said:

I really enjoyed Unit 13, and Thomas Was Alone, glad more people will see them. This is a solid update for all platforms.

+ EGGS_ONE on February 27th, 2014 at 7:22 am said:

Stellar once again! I love PS PLUS!

+ jmanstyles on February 27th, 2014 at 7:23 am said:

Fantastic month.

People need to stop complaining about a lack of “ps4″ titles. What do you want? The system is new with a limited amount of games. They need to give the games time at retail to sell before we get them for FREE on PS+. Seriously. You really expect to get Killzone or Infamous for free on PS4?

And just because YOU own all of the games from this month doesn’t make it a poor month. These are great games that a lot of us don’t own. Fantastic month.

+ jason_redemption on February 27th, 2014 at 7:26 am said:

I have Monster Hunter: Freedom Unite and Tomb Raider (digitally even). But I still think this March update is AMAZING. Keep it up Sony! PlayStation! BEYOND!! :)

+ DanteMerfi on February 27th, 2014 at 7:26 am said:

What happened to the video preview, Kristine? I liked the video preview.

+ IcedDice777 on February 27th, 2014 at 7:26 am said:

Was a subscriber for some “other” paid online for 5yrs before i cancelled…and the only thing i got to show for is Undertow and some left over useless moon bucks.

PS+ paid itself many times over. No turning back.

I hope the day the the moon drops out of orbit and falls , it would smash squarely in Redmond, Wa. :)

+ TigerStealth on February 27th, 2014 at 7:26 am said:

I only have Vita not PS3…do I still get Thomas Was Alone & Lone Survivor free through PS plus?

+ beef_child on February 27th, 2014 at 7:29 am said:

where’s mah video!!!

+ DreamInInfrared on February 27th, 2014 at 7:30 am said:

Can’t wait to try Dead Nation. I never got around to playing it on PS3, so I’ll be happy to try my hand at the upgraded edition. Just finished Tomb Raider on PS4, and heartily endorse it for any PS3 users who haven’t yet given it a go. Disappointing news about Lone Survivor, since I just bought it two weeks ago — and really didn’t like it at all. Oh well — $13 down the drain, but at least it went to an indie dev. The dozens of great games I’ve gotten from PS+ more than makes up for it!

+ CONTOM-X on February 27th, 2014 at 7:31 am said:

I miss the days when people actually replied to comments on this blog.

+ Shinra_Soldier7 on February 27th, 2014 at 7:32 am said:

Pretty good update this month as well. With the shooters last month and the platformers/action/horror this month, I hope we see a racing game like Need for Speed or an RPG next month to keep up a variety.

+ DarkDuckJustice on February 27th, 2014 at 7:35 am said:

I think I’m one of the only people to think the new Tomb Raider was only okay. It was worth playing for me, but not interesting enough for a second play through. Once again, I’m definitely in the minority here, so enjoy!

It’s hard for me to get excited for anything in PS Plus for March. All I keep thinking about is Infamous Second Son! Seriously, that game is going to be awesome!! I’m hoping they’ve left Cole’s story open for interpretation as I would love to see a follow up on his story, but I’m sure I’ll love the game either way.

+ Binarynova on February 27th, 2014 at 7:44 am said:

Unit 13! Yes! I’ll probably try out Monster Hunter too.

+ FairySun on February 27th, 2014 at 7:44 am said:

Nice updates!
Tomb Raider is a must-play game.

I hope we get more variety games next time(like RPG or puzzle or racing).

+ saab01 on February 27th, 2014 at 7:49 am said:

Loving this month I have been waiting forever to play tomb raider and now I get the chance. Also I have wanted thomas was alone for awhile now and it’s nice to see it join the igc.

+ xClayMeow on February 27th, 2014 at 7:49 am said:

Once again trying to pass off a PSP game as a Vita game.

Please tell me you’ll make up for it by including the Vita version of Dead Nation upon its release.

+ littlescraps on February 27th, 2014 at 7:51 am said:

this is awesome! So many great games to play. now have more of a reason to go back to my ps3. still gotta finish BioShock, DmC and now one of my favorite game franchises of all time, Tomb Raider?! And top down zombies?!?! *head explodes*

+ xClayMeow on February 27th, 2014 at 7:51 am said:

Forget my previous comment…I see Thomas and Lone Survivor are “Cross-Buy”…you’re forgiven!

+ xClayMeow on February 27th, 2014 at 7:52 am said:

BTW, I’ve been playing Tomb Raider on PC and it’s my 2013 GotY….everyone need to play it!

+ Ricosama on February 27th, 2014 at 7:52 am said:

i cant belive how people are, just because every month is not perfect for you, does not mean it is a perfect month. This is a solid month, just giving away tomb raider is amazing, Feb and March are giving away GOTY games and people complain…
for me, all the vita content is welcomed, cause i already have tomb raider and the other games dont appel to me, but amazing month as always…

keep it up ps+… you are a solid foundation that make the sony brand game consoles the ones to have!

+ Stringer2355 on February 27th, 2014 at 7:52 am said:

Dead Nation: Apocalypse Edition (PS4) Don’t own a PS4
Tomb Raider (PS3) owned ; traded it in, missing it, will play it again
Thomas Was Alone (PS3) not familiar with this, will give it a try
Lone Survivor: The Director’s Cut (PS3) not familiar with this one either, will give it a go
Unit 13 (PS Vita) don’t own a vita
Monster Hunter: Freedom Unite (PS Vita) don’t own a vita

was disappointed in Metro Last Light, a very buggy game.

Request Grand Theft Auto V Whale Shark Cash Card

request Discount on Battlefield 4 Premium

+ honkayjeezus on February 27th, 2014 at 7:52 am said:

A former free Plus PS3 game free for PS4? Very little about that makes sense.

+ Bushwick128 on February 27th, 2014 at 7:53 am said:

Epic! Great month again!

+ tylerswimNW500 on February 27th, 2014 at 7:53 am said:

Wow, Tomb Raider is Free, that’s amazing. I’ll be picking up bot TR and DN:A

Real quick, I love coming on the Blog, but I checked out Europe’s and there’s visually looks a lot better than the US one. You guys should update it if you can. Just my 2 cents, that I still have because I keep downloading games for free lol

PAGE 1 2 3 4 8