Driveclub

Preview March’s Instant Game Collection

Kristine Steimer's Avatar + Posted by Kristine Steimer on Feb 27, 2014 // Sr. Community Specialist

Let’s take a look at what you’re going to get in March with your PlayStation Plus membership. To start, PlayStation 4 owners can enjoy the Apocalypse Edition of the critically acclaimed PS3 twin-stick zombie shooter, Dead Nation. The PS4 version includes updated visuals and controls, as well as a sweet interactive broadcast mode, so hit that “Share” button when you start playing!

PS3 owners get Tomb Raider, one of last year’s most praised titles. This reboot showcases Lara’s transformation from a recent anthropology graduate to a battle-hardened adventurer as her expedition crashes on a mysterious island. You’ll hunt animals, upgrade weapons and choose perks to increase Lara’s chances of survival.

Also on PS3: Thomas Was Alone, an adorable puzzle platformer that showcases the camaraderie of artificial intelligences depicted as various shapes, and Lone Survivor: Director’s Cut, a 2D adventure style survival horror game. Bonus! Thomas Was Alone and Lone Survivor: The Director’s Cut are Cross-Buy titles, so you’ll get both the PS3 and PS Vita versions of those games.

For PS Vita this month, you get Unit 13: a third-person mission-based shooter where you’ll need to complete specified objectives, like staying in stealth or completing levels as quickly as possible. Then there’s Monster Hunter: Freedom Unite, a massive experience where you can — you guessed it — kill monsters, and then use their body parts to craft new weapons & armor to take down bigger baddies.

March PlayStation Plus Preview

Dead Nation: Apocalypse Edition (PS4)

Dead Nation: Apocalypse Edition

Free for PS Plus members

Run-and-gun through the zombie apocalypse as hit arcade shooter Dead Nation shuffles onto PlayStation 4. Fight for your life alone or with a friend as Jack McReady or Scarlett Blake as you step onto the streets of a city overrunwith undead flesh-eaters. And, if you’re feeling really brave, take a walk down the Road of Devastation – a deadly experiment that pushes your survival skills to the absolute limit as you face hordes of zombies with no extra lives and no second chances. The dead may walk – but you can make sure they don’t walk very far.

Tomb Raider (PS3)

Tomb Raider

Free for PS Plus members

This newest rendition of Tomb Raider explores the intense and gritty origin story of Lara Croft and her ascent from a frightened young woman to the hardened survivor that she would become known as. Armed only with raw instincts and the ability to push beyond the limits of human endurance, Lara must fight to unravel the dark history of a forgotten island to escape its relentless hold.

Thomas Was Alone (PS3)

Thomas Was Alone

Free for PS Plus members

Thomas Was Alone is the critically acclaimed indie platformer about friendship and jumping. Guide a group of sentient rectangles through a series of environments, combining their skills to reach the end of each level. Listen to awesome music by David Housden, negotiate obstacles meticulously placed by Mike Bithell and immerse yourself in the characters’ journey with a voiceover read wistfully and amusingly by Danny Wallace.

Lone Survivor: The Director’s Cut (PS3)

Lone Survivor Director's Cut

Free for PS Plus members

In this psychological survival adventure, the masked protagonist must escape from a city ravaged by disease, by any means necessary. Lone Survivor: The Director’s Cut is a new kind of adventure where the choice of how to survive is up to you. Sneak through without firing a single shot, or kill everything in your path. Eat and sleep well, or resort to drugs to keep going. Search for survivors, or try to escape the city alone. Look after your mental health, or descend into madness. Lone Survivor is a game where your choices genuinely matter.

Unit 13 (PS Vita)

Unit 13

Free for PS Plus members

Jump into the action with Unit 13 for PlayStation®Vita and conquer 36 tactical missions and 9 high value target battles as you help take down global terror networks and earn your place in the military elite. With the precision of the PlayStation Vita systems’s dual analog sticks and unique touch interface, Unit 13 is the perfect on-the-go action shooter. Wi-Fi connectivity adds fast 2-player co-op action, and 3G compatibility keeps you connected for instant social updates and new daily mission challenges.

Monster Hunter: Freedom Unite (PS Vita)

Monster Hunter Freedom Unite

Free for PS Plus members

In the world of Monster Hunter you’re never alone.
-The biggest Monster Hunter title to date with over 500 hours of gameplay.
-Huge variety of character customizations including 1400 weapons and over 2000 armor sets.
-Players can form a team of up to 4 players through Ad-Hoc play and experience the social gaming phenomenon.
-AI Felyne companion, who will accompany players on quests and provide aid through the challenging battles. With the ‘Felyne Exchange’ feature players can share their companions with other players, transferring data using the PSP’s sleep mode.
-Fans of the series can transfer their data from Monster Hunter Freedom 2.

If you’ve got feedback on PlayStation Plus make sure you take the poll above as well as leave a comment below. To chat about all things PlayStation, including this update, you can head over to the PlayStation Community Forums. You’ll also find other topics you can contribute your thoughts to, or you can start your own discussion.

PAGE 1 2 3 4 5 6 8

+ Sir_Bronius on February 27th, 2014 at 9:53 am said:

I got excited for Tomb Raider until I saw it was for PS3. Can’t you do it for PS4 too?!?!?!!

+ IIL0YDII on February 27th, 2014 at 9:55 am said:

Where’s Vita version of Dead Nation, you know that was announced at E3???

+ LukeZangado on February 27th, 2014 at 10:00 am said:

This is absolutely awesome, looking forward to play Tomb Raider and Lone Survivor. Best igc so far, my opinion.

+ MakoSoul on February 27th, 2014 at 10:22 am said:

Hmm, I guess this month is OK. But, it would really be nice to get games on PS4 that haven’t already been released on other platforms.

I already beat Tomb Raider, and it’s not worth playing again.

Perhaps I’ll try Lone Survivor.

At least I have Strider, Walking Dead Episode 2 and South Park to hold me over until Infamous.

+ Satnamji on February 27th, 2014 at 10:28 am said:

If I could walk into my local Best Buy or Target and grab a PS4 any time I wanted, Dead Nation is the kind of game that would push me into that kind of impulse buy. Thankfully I’ll have Lara Croft to keep me company, along with a couple of cool looking indies!
Great month!

+ Criscross87v3 on February 27th, 2014 at 10:30 am said:

Great Month even tho personally I’ve already bought Thomas Was Alone & Lone Survivor. I’m still playing Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate and I’m currently around 312 hours of gameplay time, do I’ll doubt I’ll put much effort into the PSP one unless hopefully the freebie Monster Hunter hopefully attracts more fans from my friends. Bought Dead Nation for ps3, but I don’t own a ps4 yet so yay for those who do. I’ve been looking forward to trying Unit 13 because I prefer third person shooters, but was waiting till I had a bigger memory card, but being on Plus should boost the amount of people using Near so I guess I’ll delete some things to try it. Haven’t tried Tomb Raider due to being a fan of the older games, except for the Guardian of Light game I’ll give the series another shot!

+ iSrAeL_ReGiNo on February 27th, 2014 at 10:33 am said:

I LOVE PS PLUS :’)

+ Vazzaroth on February 27th, 2014 at 10:37 am said:

MH: Freedom Unite is awesome! Almost bought that game like 5 times, but couldn’t justify $20 for a PSP game on my vita. Oh man I can’t wait… This will seriously help pass the time before 4 comes to the US.

And Dead Nation was surprisingly fun after they gave it away for free. Co-op was entertaining. Seems like a great month.

+ Brooklyn008 on February 27th, 2014 at 10:44 am said:

You guys are insane. Wow, this is amazing. Dead Nation… BBBBBBBBBBBBBOOOOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMMMMMMM!

+ Error1355 on February 27th, 2014 at 10:46 am said:

Great update this month.

+ ECisMe on February 27th, 2014 at 10:48 am said:

Another good month. The last 3 have been very good months for Plus.

+ WilburMonkey on February 27th, 2014 at 10:48 am said:

This is just amazing! Lately, every month has enough free games to pay for a yearly subscription.

+ iREVOLTER on February 27th, 2014 at 10:49 am said:

No video Preview ? Too bad, love Kristine’s voice ^^. Well the IGC is ok. Both indies are good, but played them and have them. TR, I guess is something to try for me. Thx anyway for a good support. Love the discounts of PS+.

+ purse317 on February 27th, 2014 at 10:49 am said:

Thomas Was Alone & Lone Survivor were just on sale this month weren’t they. You guys should watch that people don’t like buying games on sale then seeing them pop up as plus games a month later.

Sure it’s not the best argument or premise but people still don’t like it.

+ stupidhass on February 27th, 2014 at 10:52 am said:

I said it once and I’ll say it again:

I believe that it’s time you remove Uncharted: Golden Abyss, WipEout 2048, and Gravity Rush from the Instant Game Collection. Those three games have been there since PlayStation Plus came to the PS Vita. There are several Vita games that have sold poorly for whatever reason and could use promotion via the Instant Game Collection. Doing this will likely bump sales of the games. I have been patiently waiting for the “Leaving Soon” section of the PlayStation Plus Instant Game Collection to list the aforementioned titles to no avail. Not that those three games are particularly terrible, I am just sick of seeing them when I know there are some games that could have their place like some of the games you already had available through the service only to take them off a week later.

P.S. I’d like to note that, by PS Vita games, I DO NOT MEAN PSP digital games or games we can get on other platforms (this includes games eligible for Cross-Buy or ports of games on the PS2/PS3). I mean games that first released on the VITA such as Killzone Mercenary, Tearaway, Silent Hill: Book of Memories, or even Call of Duty Black Ops Declassified.

+ Frinkie on February 27th, 2014 at 10:54 am said:

MHFU is great to play on your Vita. You will be gobsmacked by how good this game looks and behaves if you have never played it before.

I hope this leads to a new batch of MH noobs on Adhoc Party. I will watching for you.

+ Flatline51 on February 27th, 2014 at 10:54 am said:

I was just talking to my buddy about Read Nation and wanting it on the PS4 so we could play some co-op. Hell yeah can’t wait!

+ Flatline51 on February 27th, 2014 at 10:55 am said:

Grrr *Dead Nation gg spelling ;-)

+ bt1234567892010 on February 27th, 2014 at 10:56 am said:

seems like a good month. I have the PS3 version of Dead Nation from when it was free after the PSN outage a couple of years ago. It’s a really fun game, albeit better co-op than solo, imo. Tomb Raider’s also good, but I own it and beat it, I got it when it was on sale for $22 last year, it’s a really, really good game. I look forward to the others though, since I don’t have a PS4 for DNAE, I’ll have some fun, but Ni No Kuni will be taking a lot of my time, and hard drive space ^^;

+ blemishedsumo on February 27th, 2014 at 11:00 am said:

wow, just wow, THANK YOU SONY!!!

Even tho you guys are killing me here. I just snagged Ni No Kuni through the sale that started Monday, started playing it yesterday, damn Wifi download speed. Now I get Tomb Raider? Thank you for saving me from buying Definitive Edition, so now I can grab Infamous:Second Son instead. Plus I have Final Fantasy X/X-2 Remaster preordered for the 18th. Never have I ever considered the phrase: “I have too many games to play.” But damn if yall keep giving PS+ great games(feel free to continue BTW), imma need a 2TB HDD soon lol, and i’ll have to make a deal with the Gods to give me enough time to Platinum at least 50% of my games! I have owned my PS3 since black friday 2013 and my PS4 since Christmas day-best purchases ive ever made IMO

+ TAWCOOOOKIE on February 27th, 2014 at 11:07 am said:

Very disappointing line up

+ Wrathofthegreek on February 27th, 2014 at 11:13 am said:

Not as good as last month, but I’ve never played a Monster Hunter game, or the new tomb raider so I’m looking forward to those.

+ CzarIndustries on February 27th, 2014 at 11:13 am said:

Too many M rated titles for my taste on the PS+ lineup. But it’s to be expected. A few free games with class are better than none. Still plenty of good options though.

+ BoltZilla on February 27th, 2014 at 11:14 am said:

Alot of Vita love this month, which is great as I’ve been on that more then PS3/PS4 lately. Had been contemplating picking up Unit 13 and Lone Survivor. Also was somewhat interested in Thomas was Alone. Makes me glad I imported a 64gb memory card. With all the free games from Plus it’s already almost full.

+ Inziter_Dan on February 27th, 2014 at 11:17 am said:

woau!! it’s just awesome, Tomb Raider and Monster Hunter, can’t wait to get them

+ Nigg_Cop_Killin on February 27th, 2014 at 11:19 am said:

Stop putting out crap for the ps4 that has been out over a year!!!!! Freaking ps3 gets Tomb Raider FOR FREE, and its $60 on ps4 store. That is the most ass backwards thing I have ever seen. Just make tomb raider free for ps4…no one re-bought it anyway like you hoped.

+ DatGriffindor on February 27th, 2014 at 11:26 am said:

Quit being greedy Playstation and give the ps4 members something to play and make our plus membership worth it. PS3 gets Infinite and now Tomb Raider for free, but for ps4 owners its still $60? Greeeeat PS4 gets deadnation, a game that is so over played and old I wont be downloading. GIVE ME SOMETHING THAT IS WORTH ME PAYING YOU $50 A YEAR!!!!!!!!!!

+ Black_Man85 on February 27th, 2014 at 11:33 am said:

Aw man…. I already own all of these games. Oh well. I still have Metal Gear Solid V: GZ and FFX HD to look forward to.

+ leslein97 on February 27th, 2014 at 11:43 am said:

My PS Plus section on my PS4 always displays the buy packages for the plus program as if I am not enrolled. It still lets me download everything related to Plus, but just seems odd as the PS3 recognizes me as a Plus subscriber. Anyone else experience this? Not a big deal at all, just asking.

+ carlpain on February 27th, 2014 at 11:45 am said:

I only care about Thomas Was Alone. That game is so good.

+ XeahuleXolic on February 27th, 2014 at 11:56 am said:

PS+ is pure Epic!!

+ TEVIN-THE-KING on February 27th, 2014 at 11:57 am said:

so glad i didn’t buy unit 13 now its going to be free on vita can’t wait till tuesday now an if anyone wanna play some vita with me add me same as u see in the comments.

+ MarkakaJin on February 27th, 2014 at 12:07 pm said:

Awww, I already got Tomb Raider on the PS3 and I still haven’t finished it but it’s actually a good game. Monster Hunter Freedom Unite on the PS Vita for free? Seriously? That’s awesome!

+ tusunami on February 27th, 2014 at 12:09 pm said:

I am glad i didn’t buy tomb raider, and this dead nation ed. I am going to have to read about what’s new with this version. I always wanted unit 13.

+ Sincereleeeee on February 27th, 2014 at 12:25 pm said:

Jus can’t please some people… smh

I however, am all smiles about this update!!! heck, i’m excited about all PS Plus releases!!! Thanks for Bioshock, Don’t Starve, BD, DMC, Resogun, etc….

…ignore those ungrateful/impatient bastidz!!!

BTW, where’s Planetside 2????

+ Sincereleeeee on February 27th, 2014 at 12:26 pm said:

Unit 13 Demo was pretty solid!

+ dmoney020985 on February 27th, 2014 at 12:26 pm said:

Absolutely love sony and will support them for many years to come. If I could afford the PS4 i would dominate!!! Thank you sony for PS Plus and all the wonderful years you have given us! If it wasn’t for my PS3 I would have been in trouble years ago. Keep the amazing features coming for consoles and don’t give up on the PS3 it is still an amazing machine!!!

+ DJPlace on February 27th, 2014 at 12:27 pm said:

@32 #39 is right i got one for 120 bucks but back on topic. alot of these games i never heard of… tomb raider and monster hunter looks like a plus side for me. maybe unit 13… still this my birthday month so way to go sony!! now i want choco taco from you guys and we are even!! also the ps4 game nice…

+ DevilOfMidnight on February 27th, 2014 at 12:32 pm said:

EFF YEAH! Tomb Raider, Monster Hunter, Unit 13, and Dead Nation?! Mother of God! I LOVE PLAYSTATION PLUS!

+ Cannbanana on February 27th, 2014 at 12:33 pm said:

Great month for Vita owners (4 games)! Kinda weak for PS3 owners, not sure who doesn’t own Tomb Raider at this point considering all the sales it’s had.

+ Junguler on February 27th, 2014 at 12:42 pm said:

thanks, keep up the good work.

+ davidxraw on February 27th, 2014 at 12:42 pm said:

Thank you so much for adding Thomas Was Alone. I have been wanting to play that game for sometime now. Some games that I would like to see on PlayStation Plus in the near future are Limbo, Papo & Yo, Derrick the Deathfin, The Unfinished Swan, Rain, Echochrome, Beyond Good & Evil HD, Resident Evil 4, inFamous Festival of Blood, Okami HD, and Far Cry 3 Blood Dragon. I’m not sure if other gamers would agree with me. These games are all for the PlayStation 3 by the way.

+ StridentGear on February 27th, 2014 at 12:45 pm said:

Wow, most of the games are survival based. What a huge coincidence!

+ Swotam on February 27th, 2014 at 12:45 pm said:

I’m starting to think I should just stop buying games on PSN until at least a year after they release, since it seems a big chunk of what I buy ends up free on Plus a month or two after I buy them…. Would have saved myself over $100 on purchases made within the last 4 months, sigh.

+ knighthawk2k09 on February 27th, 2014 at 12:49 pm said:

Looks like I will be clearing up some space on my hard drive! Greats adds this month! Ps plus was the best 50 bucks I’ve spent . Sinc

+ knighthawk2k09 on February 27th, 2014 at 12:51 pm said:

+ Shoryyuken on February 27th, 2014 at 12:57 pm said:

I got most of these games but still nice. I hope we get another Vita sale with games like Dynasty Warriors or Metal Gear Solid, instead of Flower. Still cool, I’ll pick up Tomb Raider since I have basically everything else there, oh yeah & Dead Nation. Thanks PS+

+ BlueBl1zzard on February 27th, 2014 at 1:04 pm said:

Nice update! Tomb Raider I’ll definitely check out (well add to my backlog anyway lol).

And hahahahahaha! You guys are giving us Monster Hunter? One of my favorite games ever? That’s freakin’ awesome :D I have the original UMD copy for PSP, so it’ll be nice to also have it digital so I can play on my vita. And hopefully many people who were on the fence before decide to check it out now. Oh the hundreds of hours I poured into that game….

As always, thanks Plus team!!

+ smoothboarder540 on February 27th, 2014 at 1:16 pm said:

I like Tomb Raider a lot. It’s fortunate that two of the games are cross-buy. Unit 13 is an old and mediocre game and Monster Hunter is even older. I’ve said for a while that PSP games should not be in the IGC. Recycling an old game for an old system is just a filler that doesn’t add a whole lot of value to the program.

+ jabster25 on February 27th, 2014 at 1:19 pm said:

I really need to get a vita to start fully enjoying my ps+membership but the ps3 games have been epic since the start of the year and the ps4 games a little of a let down i mean they are ok cause the ps4 is just getting started up but come on i mean any of the launch titles would even be cool right now the only game i bought for my ps4 has been need for speed rivals and that was a christmas gift. The cool part of the ps+ membership is i have a horrible habit of buying tons of games like seriously proud owner of over 200 ps3 games as of right now and I am able to be a little hesitant now cause what if its a freebie next month. Anywho sorry had to add my 2 cents in on all the people who are like this month is lame. this month is kind of cool and great job so far this year.

PAGE 1 2 3 4 5 6 8