PS4 - The Last of Us Remastered

Preview March’s Instant Game Collection

Kristine Steimer's Avatar + Posted by Kristine Steimer on Feb 27, 2014 // Sr. Community Specialist

Let’s take a look at what you’re going to get in March with your PlayStation Plus membership. To start, PlayStation 4 owners can enjoy the Apocalypse Edition of the critically acclaimed PS3 twin-stick zombie shooter, Dead Nation. The PS4 version includes updated visuals and controls, as well as a sweet interactive broadcast mode, so hit that “Share” button when you start playing!

PS3 owners get Tomb Raider, one of last year’s most praised titles. This reboot showcases Lara’s transformation from a recent anthropology graduate to a battle-hardened adventurer as her expedition crashes on a mysterious island. You’ll hunt animals, upgrade weapons and choose perks to increase Lara’s chances of survival.

Also on PS3: Thomas Was Alone, an adorable puzzle platformer that showcases the camaraderie of artificial intelligences depicted as various shapes, and Lone Survivor: Director’s Cut, a 2D adventure style survival horror game. Bonus! Thomas Was Alone and Lone Survivor: The Director’s Cut are Cross-Buy titles, so you’ll get both the PS3 and PS Vita versions of those games.

For PS Vita this month, you get Unit 13: a third-person mission-based shooter where you’ll need to complete specified objectives, like staying in stealth or completing levels as quickly as possible. Then there’s Monster Hunter: Freedom Unite, a massive experience where you can — you guessed it — kill monsters, and then use their body parts to craft new weapons & armor to take down bigger baddies.

March PlayStation Plus Preview

Dead Nation: Apocalypse Edition (PS4)

Dead Nation: Apocalypse Edition

Free for PS Plus members

Run-and-gun through the zombie apocalypse as hit arcade shooter Dead Nation shuffles onto PlayStation 4. Fight for your life alone or with a friend as Jack McReady or Scarlett Blake as you step onto the streets of a city overrunwith undead flesh-eaters. And, if you’re feeling really brave, take a walk down the Road of Devastation – a deadly experiment that pushes your survival skills to the absolute limit as you face hordes of zombies with no extra lives and no second chances. The dead may walk – but you can make sure they don’t walk very far.

Tomb Raider (PS3)

Tomb Raider

Free for PS Plus members

This newest rendition of Tomb Raider explores the intense and gritty origin story of Lara Croft and her ascent from a frightened young woman to the hardened survivor that she would become known as. Armed only with raw instincts and the ability to push beyond the limits of human endurance, Lara must fight to unravel the dark history of a forgotten island to escape its relentless hold.

Thomas Was Alone (PS3)

Thomas Was Alone

Free for PS Plus members

Thomas Was Alone is the critically acclaimed indie platformer about friendship and jumping. Guide a group of sentient rectangles through a series of environments, combining their skills to reach the end of each level. Listen to awesome music by David Housden, negotiate obstacles meticulously placed by Mike Bithell and immerse yourself in the characters’ journey with a voiceover read wistfully and amusingly by Danny Wallace.

Lone Survivor: The Director’s Cut (PS3)

Lone Survivor Director's Cut

Free for PS Plus members

In this psychological survival adventure, the masked protagonist must escape from a city ravaged by disease, by any means necessary. Lone Survivor: The Director’s Cut is a new kind of adventure where the choice of how to survive is up to you. Sneak through without firing a single shot, or kill everything in your path. Eat and sleep well, or resort to drugs to keep going. Search for survivors, or try to escape the city alone. Look after your mental health, or descend into madness. Lone Survivor is a game where your choices genuinely matter.

Unit 13 (PS Vita)

Unit 13

Free for PS Plus members

Jump into the action with Unit 13 for PlayStation®Vita and conquer 36 tactical missions and 9 high value target battles as you help take down global terror networks and earn your place in the military elite. With the precision of the PlayStation Vita systems’s dual analog sticks and unique touch interface, Unit 13 is the perfect on-the-go action shooter. Wi-Fi connectivity adds fast 2-player co-op action, and 3G compatibility keeps you connected for instant social updates and new daily mission challenges.

Monster Hunter: Freedom Unite (PS Vita)

Monster Hunter Freedom Unite

Free for PS Plus members

In the world of Monster Hunter you’re never alone.
-The biggest Monster Hunter title to date with over 500 hours of gameplay.
-Huge variety of character customizations including 1400 weapons and over 2000 armor sets.
-Players can form a team of up to 4 players through Ad-Hoc play and experience the social gaming phenomenon.
-AI Felyne companion, who will accompany players on quests and provide aid through the challenging battles. With the ‘Felyne Exchange’ feature players can share their companions with other players, transferring data using the PSP’s sleep mode.
-Fans of the series can transfer their data from Monster Hunter Freedom 2.

If you’ve got feedback on PlayStation Plus make sure you take the poll above as well as leave a comment below. To chat about all things PlayStation, including this update, you can head over to the PlayStation Community Forums. You’ll also find other topics you can contribute your thoughts to, or you can start your own discussion.

PAGE 1 6 7 8

+ SiLeNtCovenant on March 2nd, 2014 at 11:53 pm said:

I was thinking about getting Monster Hunter too, good thing I waited! :)

+ lightningfastpig on March 3rd, 2014 at 4:38 am said:

Thanks for Dead Nation on PS4, but what the heck?! I just bought Tomb Raider Definitive edition for 70 bucks! Then you guys put it on PS3 for free. It’s a linear game so I’m only playing it once, so I’ll do it on PS4, but still, I feel that you guys need to give more to PS4 since I’m supporting it by buying its games. I bought the on-sale Injustice God Among Us, which is nice. Maybe Assassin’s Creed IV or Killzone for free/discounted on PS4 next? xO I’m still coming back to PS3 every time.

+ ronin_ld on March 3rd, 2014 at 11:04 am said:

Just bought PS Plus yesterday and so far I have not been disappointed!

+ ChefSanji on March 3rd, 2014 at 2:50 pm said:

Awesome group for the beginning of march, everyday makes me want a vita that much more and these free vita games like monster hunter are pushing me to the edge of justifying the purchase of a vita. :D

+ x-soujiro89 on March 3rd, 2014 at 3:01 pm said:

I have a doubt. My PS Plus subscription is about to end, if a renew before it ends, i will still able to play games that i Download before I renew?

+ MrCannady on March 4th, 2014 at 7:10 am said:

Lord… you guys need to come out with the 64gb vita memory card if this keeps up.

+ kronos25 on March 4th, 2014 at 10:51 am said:

Already have Tomb Raider but it is an amazing game so I highly suggest that to anyone who hasn’t played it. Though I will getting Monster Hunter Freedom Unite, don’t have a Vita yet but plan to get one this year along with a PS4 and I am a major fan of the Monster Hunter series. Was really ticked off when Capcom signed a deal to move that series to Nintendo consoles. It belonged on the PSP and Vita, amazing games for when you were on the go.

+ Sinistar83 on March 4th, 2014 at 4:59 pm said:

No Tomb Raider for PS4? Will the save games copy over from PS3 to PS4? Cross Save?

+ JohnnyBoyy53 on March 4th, 2014 at 5:47 pm said:

Where is Lone Survivor for ps3? Are all games available for download on the first tuesday of the month? Or do they periodically release titles every week? Sorry, new to PS+

+ stitchywitch on March 4th, 2014 at 8:27 pm said:

Thanks, Sony – so excited for Tomb Raider and Lone Survivor! I got Thomas was alone awhile back, and it is a great game –
glad for more people to check it out!

+ mightyXtreme on March 4th, 2014 at 8:50 pm said:

When are Thomas Was Alone and Lone Survivor going to be free?

+ givingtheguid on March 5th, 2014 at 12:18 am said:

Couldn’t be more excited for Lone Survivor! It was on my to-buy list for days, and now I can check that bad boy off for free.

+ JimVanlint on March 5th, 2014 at 4:02 am said:

when do the free games (igc) go on psn to download i thought it was the 5th march but what time and is it always the same time /day each month

+ JimVanlint on March 5th, 2014 at 4:05 am said:

when is uk igc time/date so i can download

+ capri7v on March 5th, 2014 at 9:49 am said:

I didn’t realise straight away last month that the games had changed. The preview came up like it normally does, but it didn’t register as I was bought two games for Christmas – one was Bioshock and the other was Metro, both of which I was playing when the new games were announced last month. Imagine my shock when the realisation sunk in and I had to see for myself. I went straight to my instant game collection, only to see that the games I was already playing were available to download in my instant games!! Grrr!! Great games but Grrrr!!!
Glad to see that this month, I’m OK!! :)

+ Ulorla on March 6th, 2014 at 4:53 am said:

Well i am playing and enjoying tomb raider, not sure if i will play the other games later in the month. I usually give the games a shot, but i dunno this time they don’t look like my kinda game. :) Happy with PlayStation plus. 3rd month and i got lots to choose from to play.

+ Neonridr on March 6th, 2014 at 7:36 am said:

Just wondering when the PS Vita games are free? Unit 13 still shows up with a purchase price for me. Dead Nation showed up right away as being free for my PS4, but nothing new is showing as free for the Vita. Does the Vita free games come at a later time than the PS3/PS4 games?

+ Ulorla on March 6th, 2014 at 10:09 am said:

Still getting used to the system, find it different to navigate around then on the xbox. haven’t found many friend on ps yet, but haven’t been playing online much so many free games to choose from. :) I am glad that i made the switch better free games here than what Xbox is/was offering. Xbox kicked the bucket and always heard so much good about plus so here i am.

+ ZeGecko on March 6th, 2014 at 2:06 pm said:

Damn it Sony! Just when I though February was an awsome month for PS+, you go and one up it in March!

+ EQOAnostalgia on March 6th, 2014 at 5:09 pm said:

Awesome line up! I chuckle at the self entitled little brats complaining about the titles on offer! You have got to be kidding me! The games that are currently available for download are EPIC! If you don’t like it go try out games with gold LOL!!!!!

+ EQOAnostalgia on March 6th, 2014 at 5:11 pm said:

And stop crying about not getting more on PS4! It’s a brand new console with very little to offer in terms of game sales! Be grateful you get what you get at all! BRATS!

+ beanerjar on March 6th, 2014 at 6:12 pm said:

dose anyone know when is Monster Hunter is coming out? i already downloaded Dead Nation and its a good game. But i really want to play Monster Hunter on my Vita so Bad.

+ seanthebeef on March 7th, 2014 at 11:33 am said:

GREAT games for vita owners!! (like-a-me) just wondering when they will go up for free, still showing as paid for me, and yeah i did the same, just got smart as 2 weeks ago for $15 and now its free!

also for all you ps4 owners complaining about your games were getting some great ones by the end of this month, second son and metal gear anyone? (like-a-me)

+ wonieee on March 8th, 2014 at 9:30 pm said:

somehow ps plus games for my vita isnt updating,

i dont see neither unit 13 nor monster hunter,,,
i was really excited about monster hunter,,,is there a reason why my plus game list wont update?

+ hxcmuziq on March 9th, 2014 at 11:02 am said:

Thomas Was Alone and Lone Survivor are both full price for me. Any idea why?

+ sP33d_4ss4ss1n on March 9th, 2014 at 12:44 pm said:

Can’t wait for Dead Nation: Apocalypse Edition!

+ JossRedHood on March 10th, 2014 at 1:10 pm said:

I’ve never played a single Monster Hunter game before and I need more games for my new Vita, I think I’ll add it later this month.

+ Orionsangel on March 10th, 2014 at 6:26 pm said:

Please add SSX to your April Instant Game Collection.

+ ThumbsOfSteel74 on March 11th, 2014 at 7:05 am said:

+ ThumbsOfSteel74 on March 1st, 2014 at 10:11 am said:

Newcomers: To get an idea of how this works…

Scroll to the top of this page and find Post Stats. Then under Tagged, click playstation plus. You’ll see a bunch of posts made on Mondays & Tuesdays. Monday we find out which game(s) will be joining the IGC that week, and Tuesday it actually happens when the store updates (usually by 2pm PST, Pacific Standard Time, US, GMT -8).

It’s not like EU Plus where everything drops all at once when the month starts. Here (NA) we get 1-2 games from this list each week.

+ luzivanstark on March 11th, 2014 at 12:36 pm said:

Where is my free unit 13?

+ TooLegit505 on March 12th, 2014 at 10:21 am said:

When are the Vita games coming? Or are you guys just waiting to push another useless firmware update on us first?

+ Barney071986 on March 13th, 2014 at 7:22 am said:

Still Waiting why has it not updated yet

+ Ulorla on March 13th, 2014 at 9:36 am said:

What was this weeks free game?? don’t think anything changed since tomb raider came out.

+ KcWright415 on March 14th, 2014 at 10:56 am said:

i have ps plus and when on my vita lone survivor is free but unit 13 monster hunter are not anyone know when they will be?

+ at221us on March 14th, 2014 at 8:50 pm said:

Still no monster hunter on ps plus

+ erbl13 on March 15th, 2014 at 12:24 pm said:

why isnt monster hunter showimh up om the vita store as a ps plus free game?

+ RiceInBunTO on March 15th, 2014 at 1:56 pm said:

The picture for Monster Hunter Unite shows the hunters fighting an Espinas but I thought that monster was only available in Frontier and Monster Hunter 4???

+ Austrianman11 on March 19th, 2014 at 10:37 am said:

Why is Resogun not available for free in Austrian-Store?

+ ThunderSalmon on March 22nd, 2014 at 2:43 am said:

Last month and this month great games, just a shame i owned them all :-( I would love to see a sequel again, I know the bio shocks were done. What about Darksiders 2? I was going to buy that on network, then saw it was £40! Wtf! Or how about the last of us? Come on Sony, everyone would love you even more :-) or a lego title :-)

PAGE 1 6 7 8