No Man's Sky

PlayStation Blogcast 111: 1001 Snipes

Sid Shuman's Avatar + Posted by Sid Shuman on Feb 28, 2014 // Senior Manager, Social Media

The gang is reunited! We discuss the merits of Dead Nation: Apocalypse Edition on PS4 (out this Tuesday!), Wolfenstein: The New Order on PS4, and lay out all the new releases for March 4th. We’ve also got a nifty pair of interviews with some of the minds behind 1001 Spikes and Sniper Elite 3. Listen up!

Subscribe via iTunes or RSS, or download here

Stuff We Talked About

• Dead Nation: Apocalypse Edition
  • Wolfenstein: The New Order
  • 1001 Spikes
  • Sniper Elite 3

Official PlayStation Blogcast: Sid ShumanOfficial PlayStation.Blogcast - Nick SuttnerOfficial PlayStation.Blogcast: Justin MassongillOfficial PlayStation Blogcast: Ryan Clements

Send us questions and tips: blogcast@playstation.sony.com or leave a voice message! 650-288-6706

The Cast

27 Comments   1 Reply

+ Talesgirl016 on February 28th, 2014 at 4:08 pm said:

First :)

+ Talesgirl016 on February 28th, 2014 at 4:10 pm said:

Great Blogcast, any news when MP3 is coming to PS4?

+ gerneric123 on February 28th, 2014 at 4:19 pm said:

^Metroid Prime 3 is never coming to PlayStation ;p

+ alphagoku1 on February 28th, 2014 at 5:32 pm said:

great blogcast guys, quick question guys :any news about mercenary kings?

Sid Shuman's Avatar

+ Sid Shuman on February 28th, 2014 at 6:13 pm said:

No details yet but we’ll keep you posted!

+ Valde_zerocool on February 28th, 2014 at 6:29 pm said:

I listened to this today at work, finally the family is back together. You also had me cracking up hearing you guys laugh so much, show us that picture!

+ MushThePainter on February 28th, 2014 at 6:40 pm said:

Can’t wait for Dead Nation. PS4 needs more couch co op games like this

+ YorlecmNwahs on February 28th, 2014 at 7:17 pm said:

Want ModNation Racers 2?

Go to Google

Search “ModNation Racers 2 for PS4 petition”

Click on the second result.

Sign the petition please.

+ alphagoku1 on February 28th, 2014 at 7:26 pm said:

but, but, but……. ive been mislead to believe its gonna be out in like a week or two…. the trailer in the store said February, which i can obviously see isnt happening, and the game page said march 4th or 11th at one point, so is it coming at either of those times…….?

+ dodgedoors on February 28th, 2014 at 10:19 pm said:

Loved the episode as usual, just one correction for Sid, Ashley Johnson was in Growing Pains as Chrissy, not in Full House. Really Looking forward to Dead Nation and South Park Tuesday. Keep up the movie talk, I like it.

+ A1CJAV on March 1st, 2014 at 6:58 am said:

Idk if this has been discussed or not, but this would be great to be accessed on PS4. Also, it was good to see Ryan back on Beyond at IGN for a visit. BEYOND!

+ Brink-2-Chaos on March 1st, 2014 at 8:43 am said:

whoaah Ive missed the last several Blogcasts all fancy now Like it

+ EagerSnake on March 1st, 2014 at 9:53 am said:

I’m downloading it right now.
One little quick, but hard, question: Do you guys know when the promised updates (for february) for GT6 are going to arrive? It’s getting frustrating.

A proud Sony user.

+ ShadowInHiding on March 1st, 2014 at 10:00 am said:

One Sid Shuman Full Of Bad Beachs

+ XRC_VENOM on March 1st, 2014 at 1:14 pm said:

For The Last Of Us 1year anniversary they should release 2 new multiplayer maps including Tommy’s Dam, and Hospital.They should also make it so that you can play as infected in online multiplayer!!

+ DarkBlazer_HOC on March 1st, 2014 at 6:06 pm said:

any1 have any idea how to fix the ps3 black screen of death? I need to fix my bro’s ps3 I feel bad hes on his 4th one :( and he babies those things but they just die. cant even get my nephews super slim to connect to wifi. any1 know how to do that as well? I guess im glad to have sold my playstation stuff b4 ending up with a brick. but I hope to fix my bro’s ps3 to save him money the rep we waited an HOUR to talk to just laughed and said to send it in we can fix it but its not under warranty so ill save him the money. im thinking it maybe caused from a harddrive failure or some other hardware failure. I know the common yellow light of death his hardware failure got it twice.

+ XxMalfoyXx on March 2nd, 2014 at 1:09 am said:

Currently waiting for the final fantasy x/x2 pre order to go up on the PlayStation store when will this be happening?

+ HuckQ on March 2nd, 2014 at 8:07 am said:

One of the better podcasts I’ve heard recently.

Is there a way for the blogcast to be available on PSN? Maybe even, may I be so bold as to suggest, live streaming a session on PS4 sometime?

+ ElektroDragon on March 2nd, 2014 at 9:53 am said:

I’d rather you talked about removing that terrible 100 icon limit on the Vita.

+ UsCoMmAnDeR– on March 2nd, 2014 at 11:14 am said:

Has the blogcast team every considered doing a video podcast for one episode? As a long time Podcast Beyond fan I found it added a new new dynamic to the show.

Keep up the good work.

+ mikeyvittelli on March 2nd, 2014 at 3:17 pm said:

Really hope MP3 comes to PS4 so we can listen to podcast’s while playing games!

+ augustosrv on March 3rd, 2014 at 7:20 am said:

Greetings!

I’m a long time listener to the show and I love It! I’m writing because I just finished Knack yesterday and I wanted to comment about the bad critics and mixed reviews that the game received. I think Mark Cerny did a great job in achieving what he set himself to do with this game, given all the challenges involved in putting up a launch title for a new hardware.

The game may not be perfect but it’s really charming, well made and very fun to play. I played through the campaing with my girlfriend and we had a blast. The game is challenging even on normal difficulty – which I liked despite some truly infuriating moments – and Knack oozes charisma, specially in his “small” form.

I highly recomend It, if anyone is on the fence about this one, give it a try. I’m surely hoping that they make a sequel for it, it deserves a second chance to prove itself as a great game for the general public.

Keep up the incredible work with the podcast, It’s the best one on the internet!

Cheers from Brazil,

- Ismael

+ sifi32 on March 3rd, 2014 at 8:47 am said:

Great podcast again!

+ l337_Atreyu on March 3rd, 2014 at 1:40 pm said:

Great show guys. I, for one, am pumped for Sniper Elite 3. I think that V2 was far too underappreciated. I understand that it had some shortcomings, but it reminds me of the games I used to play as a kid where a single mechanic made all of the clunkiness worth it. The relatively detailed sniping simulation combined with the impact camera made this game a joy. On second thought, maybe I should go back and play it again… Mmmm, broken face bones…..

+ ChrisMLaCroix on March 3rd, 2014 at 10:48 pm said:

WHERE IS THIS PICTURE? THE GOOGLES. THEY DO NOTHING.

+ cleversignin on March 7th, 2014 at 11:56 am said:

I have it from a good source that Jack Tretton’s reason for leaving was hearing about Dark Souls one too many times on the blogcast. thanks Sid:(

+ rmellison on March 11th, 2014 at 5:56 am said:

I will like to listen to your blogcast directly from my PS4 and we can’t . What is going to be done about this? Can we have an official PlayStation Blog App featured because I want the the latest updates and news conveniently on my system.

+ kcd31800 on March 16th, 2014 at 5:19 pm said: