PS4 - The Last of Us Remastered

This Week in PlayStation: Persona ++

Justin Massongill's Avatar + Posted by Justin Massongill on Mar 01, 2014 // SCEA Social Media Specialist

It’s like they made this week just for me! So many amazing game announcements in the past few days on this here PlayStation.Blog. Let’s run down the list:

We’ve also got two crazy sales happening right now (Back to 2013 and PS Vita Anniversary), the masterminds at Metanet stopped by to write a surprisingly detailed update about their upcoming PS4 ninja platformer N++, we got a tantalizing peek at The Order: 1886, The Walking Dead: Season 2 Episode 2 is coming to PS3 this Tuesday, and more. Not a bad week, I’d say!

What are you playing?

This Week’s Top 10 Posts

Most-Watched Video of the Week

+ HitmanRebornEX on March 1st, 2014 at 3:17 pm said:

I love Persona series cant wait for the ps3 release in 2015

+ ngreatshark on March 1st, 2014 at 3:18 pm said:

Persona 5 deserves a couple more mentions, and I’m being 100% serious

+ HitmanRebornEX on March 1st, 2014 at 3:19 pm said:

but am playing tales of symphonia and ff13 LR love rpgs =D

+ TheWintendoHii on March 1st, 2014 at 3:34 pm said:

Sony certainly kept their promise to keep on supporting the PS3 even after the PS4 launches. PS3 still has plenty life left in it at least until 2015 with Tales of Zestiria and Persona 5!

+ AizawaYuuichi on March 1st, 2014 at 3:37 pm said:

I’m playing: Thief (PS4) and enjoying it, despite the reviews
I’m watching: The Blacklist
I’m listening to: Krewella, Frozen Original Soundtrack

Really excited to get back into Dead Nation, but on the PS4. Already got a friend set to do co-op runs with me. This is gonna be awesome.

Justin Massongill's Avatar

+ Justin Massongill on March 2nd, 2014 at 4:14 pm said:

Yeah, I never finished the PS3 version, so I’m looking forward to diving in and going nuts on PS4.

+ Vhaeraun on March 1st, 2014 at 3:43 pm said:

I’m playing: Dragon’s Crown Vita and raging at ESO’s beta issues right now
I’m watching: Some recent anime fansubs.
I’m listening to: The Ending Song to The Cat Returns: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NwoDrRCibhA

+ ngreatshark on March 1st, 2014 at 3:51 pm said:

I’m Playing: Bioshock Infinite Burial at sea, wwe 2k14, enslaved: odysse to the west
I’m watching: Thor 2, in 3D!
I’m listening to: Nero

The Persona announcements prett much takes care of my anticipation list heading into next year, everything else seems kind of secondary, but maybe infamous second son snaps me out of it.

Justin Massongill's Avatar

+ Justin Massongill on March 2nd, 2014 at 4:15 pm said:

Infamous is gonna be so good! Can’t wait until it comes out :D

+ avatarguy on March 1st, 2014 at 3:55 pm said:

I’m Watching Black Christmas (1974 Film)
I’m Playing Outlast
I’m Listing to Vic’s Basement

+ INFIDEL_JIHAD on March 1st, 2014 at 4:07 pm said:

Sooo looking forward to second son ! I was telling my friends in party chat about dead nation apocalypse edition coming to plus tuesday & they all lit up … I wasn’t expecting that much of a reaction TBH

+ morningdrive on March 1st, 2014 at 4:18 pm said:

Aha! Is this our chance?!

I would really like for them to bring Persona 4 Golden to the PS3 or PS4. I played it on the PS2 and on the Vita but would love to play it in full HD on my TV :)

+ ngreatshark on March 1st, 2014 at 4:21 pm said:

Don’t forget about Persona 4 Arena 2 ultimate suplex hold!

+ dkarlowicz10 on March 1st, 2014 at 4:45 pm said:

Great week for vita. First with game sales, then with new game announcements. Love my vita (and ps3). Thank you.

+ T2Death on March 1st, 2014 at 5:23 pm said:

you forgot to list persona 5

+ Budapesti on March 1st, 2014 at 5:49 pm said:

Playing: Project DIVA f on Vita, to get back in practice for Project DIVA f 2nd (have it ordered. Should arrive on 27th/28th from Japan!)

Watching: House of Cards. Only one Playstation product placement moment in season 2, thus far!

Listening to: Slashfilmcast. Best movie podcast out there!

+ viceforce on March 1st, 2014 at 5:52 pm said:

I’m Playing Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII, With the Gold Trophy Headset which i brought today I’m playing Sound Shapes (PS4), Resogun and Blacklight man the sounds in those headsets are amazing.

I’m watching Helix

I’m listening to Black Stranger theme to Asakim Dorwin.

+ JENNY101282 on March 1st, 2014 at 7:09 pm said:

pfft who cares about Persona xD MIKU ON TUESDAY!!

+ n0cDk3y on March 1st, 2014 at 7:42 pm said:

Hey Justin, SSPU released a collection of singles and two new tracks. Might be worth a listen! Also I’m pumped for Persona 5!

Justin Massongill's Avatar

+ Justin Massongill on March 2nd, 2014 at 4:17 pm said:

Nice, I’ll check it out. Thanks!

+ secularsage on March 1st, 2014 at 8:32 pm said:

I’m totally up for more Persona mentions. And details for the upcoming games. Every one of them looks rad, and P4 Arena is now my favorite of the Arc System Works games to date.

I’m 80 hours in on my first playthrough of P4G. It’s every bit as good as people promised me, and it’s the only game I’ve been playing on my Vita for most of this year. It’s been good enough to keep me away from Spelunky and Terraria which are, quite honestly, two of the greatest games that could have ever happened to the Vita.

Can’t wait to start P3P when I’m done with P4G… and I’m hoping some of the PS2′s MegaTen games get re-released for the PS3/PS4 as PS2 classics so that I don’t have to track down disc copies for Nocturne, the Digital Devil Sagas and Devil Summoners.

+ ngreatshark on March 1st, 2014 at 9:04 pm said:

Persona dominated my gaming in 2013. Started with the announcement on PS blog that it was going on sale, so I figured I’d give it a try to see what the fuss was about. Best $29.99 I ever spent, went in not knowing what to expect at all, and that game took over my life for the first half of the year. I logged 180 hours easy. Finished it just in time for a big Persona sale over the summer and got P3FES & P3P as well as Persona 4 Arena, started Areana and got half way and then stopped to play the two persona 3 games. Then I came back and finished Arena in January.

And now Atlus announced 4 new Persona games. Guess I’ll have to resume my social life in 2016.

+ alphagoku1 on March 1st, 2014 at 9:18 pm said:

……….sooooooooo……. not mercenary kings?…………. ive been waiting to get my hands on that game since i got my ps4….. in November…. … and its been completely off the radar….. and theres still absolutely nothing to say on it? not a release date or a demo or anything?…… im just sorely disappointed that this single cry for information has been left unanswered for so long…. sorely disappointed indeed…… unless of course there could possibly be some steps taken to possibly do sony a favor and the fans and consumers for that matter and try to get a team together to make a bundle of The Behemoth games made for ps4 and vita………. *wink wink* *cough*-do it-*cough cough*

+ tgpumpkin on March 1st, 2014 at 10:35 pm said:

Playing: Persona 4 Golden — 95 hours in, January 18th… Absolutely incredible game.

Watching: Walking Dead

Listening: to my kids argue in the background this weekend over the world they’re building in Minecraft PS3 version

+ DemonspartanX20 on March 2nd, 2014 at 12:19 am said:

When all these persona games come out, I will play everyone of them, and after that I can die happy and not a care in the world. I’m mad hyped for this ****!!!!

+ XxMalfoyXx on March 2nd, 2014 at 1:05 am said:

Currently waiting for the final fantasy x/x2 pre order to go up on the PlayStation store when will this be happening?

+ TeamGreen615 on March 2nd, 2014 at 5:27 am said:

Playing: Ni no Kuni and Persona 4 Golden.
Watching: Supercross Indianapolis (Watch Ivan Tedesco’s wreck, ouch!)
Listening to: PS Blogcast and other gaming podcast while walking.

+ CrazyOza on March 2nd, 2014 at 5:30 am said:

I really hope for a PS4/Vita release for P5 later (*with dual voice overs)… My PS3 was a great companion for several years, but I want to use my new hardware more.

Oh almost forgot:

I’m playing Lightning Returns and Danganronpa

+ iREVOLTER on March 2nd, 2014 at 6:48 am said:

P5 Hype! I really would love to see DUAL Audio Support for it, even as DLC I would buy it! Please Atlus do it, thanks.

+ steadybreezin on March 2nd, 2014 at 7:33 am said:

What my main question to sony is when will games from the ps3 store going to be available in the ps4 store. I hope the PS4 was a stunt because I’m slowly starting to grow tired of my ps4 already. There’s no ps home, no new games that are as entertaining as the ps3 store games. Like c’mon Sony ! I didn’t drop almost $500 dollars on a system and accessories to be bored after almost 3 months of the release. I was so ready to game my life away, being that this winter in jersey I’ve been snowed inn like 8 times. Please someone let me know when the turn around is going to come.

+ hiro223 on March 2nd, 2014 at 7:35 am said:

Instabuying Dead Nation PS4!!!

+ Angelh19 on March 2nd, 2014 at 8:05 am said:

Please, Persona 4 to PS2 Clasics!!

+ Bill on March 2nd, 2014 at 9:24 am said:

Excited to see Dead nation arrive on the Ps4, really looking forward to H-Hour releasing also.

+ DARKWINGSREVENGE on March 2nd, 2014 at 9:48 am said:

It looks like sony is still supporting ps3 im glad!
im gonna be playing (tomorrow) FFXIII LR

+ Budapesti on March 2nd, 2014 at 11:27 am said:

@26 hiro223, looks like you’re a plus member. No need to buy Dead Nation PS4, it’s free for you!

+ Tinye310 on March 2nd, 2014 at 11:59 am said:

lol @ that commercial

+ War_Machida on March 2nd, 2014 at 12:29 pm said:

I’m getting nuts about Persona! I just started P3FES this weekend, and I already bought a P2 (PSOne classic), P4G and P4A! It’s never enough!

+ Kishnabe on March 2nd, 2014 at 6:08 pm said:

I love everything ATLUS makes. Have to add of them to my Atlus Collection knowing I will never get to them. As each JRPG takes 50+ hours.

Ever since Super Robot Taisen(too young to notice them). Only noticed them since Devil Survivor…..but played plenty of their games unknowingly. Like Yggdra, and Riveira.

Only if Devil Summoner:Soul Hackers will ever have a English distribution.

+ Kishnabe on March 2nd, 2014 at 6:10 pm said:

War Machida…..P3 is best of the Persona series…in terms of stories. So Beautiful…..if you can you should pick up Nocturne for PS2(don’t know if they have a PS3 formatted online version)……it the darkest I have played.

+ Kishnabe on March 2nd, 2014 at 6:21 pm said:

I’m playing: Uncharted Golden Abyss, DmC(PS3), Metro Last LIght (PS3)

Sleeping Dogs(PC), Persona Revelations(PSP), Persona 2 Eternal Sin (PS1), Tactics Ogre(PS1), Devil Summoner Raidou( PS2) Danganronpa(Vita), Top Spin 4(PS3), Ni No Kuni(PS3)

I’m watching: MasterChef Canada, Youtube: JonTron, AlphaOmegaSin, ProJared, Caddiacrus

I’m listening to: Survival(Muse)

+ ExHaseo on March 2nd, 2014 at 7:30 pm said:

It’s great you’re so excited about Persona 5, I am too, but you forgot to mention Persona 4 Arena Ultimax.

+ Sharp_andPointy on March 2nd, 2014 at 8:16 pm said:

I’m playing Dangan Ronpa: Trigger Happy Havoc.
I have a few other games I want to play after, too.

+ Grayfox2k8 on March 3rd, 2014 at 1:30 am said:

What do I have to do to play Persona 5 on PS4?

+ Tyrannikos on March 3rd, 2014 at 2:27 am said:

Playing: flOw/Raidou Kuzunoha vs. The Soulless Army/Dark Souls
Watching: Scrubs/Log Horizon
Listening: Rainy Mood/Proper pronunciation of Hiragana (Finally gonna understand my import games). Grammar and vocab is next, followed by Kanji.

Excited for Persona 5. Hoping it takes a darker theme like P3. P4 wasn’t up to my tastes. It’d be preferable if P5 was more like P1/2, even.
Very excited for The Swapper too! Enjoyed it on PC. Recently got its OST thanks to the Humble Bundle. Looking forward to playing it on a console. It’s environment genuinely spooked me.

+ jimmy_falcone on March 3rd, 2014 at 7:58 am said:

Watching: NHL hockey (yay…)
listening to: anything
Playing: bf3(ps3) and garden warfare(x-1) waiting for h-hour for ps4 buy
Can’t wait to DL mod nation on vita
Game on gamers…