PS4 - Transistor

PlayStation Plus: Dead Nation: Apocalypse Edition & Tomb Raider Free for Members

Kristine Steimer's Avatar + Posted by Kristine Steimer on Mar 03, 2014 // Sr. Community Specialist

I think the best way to start off any new month is with two free PlayStation Plus games. For March we have Dead Nation: Apocalpyse Edition for your PlayStation 4 and Tomb Raider for your PlayStation 3. If you’re unfamiliar with the original Dead Nation, it’s a top-down twin-stick shooter that’s best experienced with a friend. Make sure you’ve got a strategy and plenty of items before you head out to take down hordes of zombies. The Apocalypse Edition was just announced last week, will be hitting PlayStation Store tomorrow, and it has some interesting benefits like an interactive live streaming option.

Then we have last year’s critically acclaimed reboot of the Tomb Raider franchise. Witness Lara’s growth from young archeologist to bad-ass adventurer as her expedition gets shipwrecked on a mysterious island. Lara has to do a lot to survive, including live through several impalings, explore her surroundings and hunt wildlife.

You can download Dead Nation: Apocalypse Edition and Tomb Raider after the PlayStation Store updates tomorrow.

1062x532_portal_igc_030414

PlayStation Plus: Instant Game Collection

Dead Nation: Apocalypse Edition (PS4)

Free for PS Plus members

Dead Nation Apocalypse Edition
Run-and-gun through the zombie apocalypse as hit arcade shooter Dead Nation shuffles onto PlayStation 4. Fight for your life alone or with a friend as Jack McReady or Scarlett Blake as you step onto the streets of a city overrunwith undead flesh-eaters.And, if you’re feeling really brave, take a walk down the Road of Devastation – a deadly experiment that pushes your survival skills to the absolute limit as you face hordes of zombies with no extra lives and no second chances.The dead may walk – but you can make sure they don’t walk very far.
Tomb Raider (PS3)

Free for PS Plus members

Tomb Raider
This newest rendition of Tomb Raider explores the intense and gritty origin story of Lara Croft and her ascent from a frightened young woman to the hardened survivor that she would become known as. Armed only with raw instincts and the ability to push beyond the limits of human endurance, Lara must fight to unravel the dark history of a forgotten island to escape its relentless hold.

PlayStation Plus: Discounts

Spring Fever 2014

Title Plus Price Regular Price
Master Reboot $11.99 $14.99
Awesomenauts Assemble! $7.99 $9.99
Need For Speed Most Wanted (PS3) $5.00 $9.99
Need For Speed Most Wanted (PS Vita) $5.00 $9.99
Need For Speed Hot Pursuit $5.00 $9.99
Need For Speed Carbon $5.00 $9.99
Need For Speed The Run $5.00 $9.99

PlayStation Plus: Last Chance

If you’ve got feedback on today’s Plus update make sure vote in the poll and leave a comment below. To discuss all things PlayStation, including this update, you can also head over to the PlayStation Community Forums where you’ll find topics you can contribute your thoughts to, or start one for yourself.

PAGE 1 2 3 5

+ Ryumoau on March 3rd, 2014 at 8:32 am said:

I’ve already beaten Tomb Raider, but its a great game for people who haven’t already. Dead Nation looks interesting for a free game as well. :)

Kristine Steimer's Avatar

+ Kristine Steimer on March 3rd, 2014 at 10:22 am said:

Dead Nation is a lot of fun, I recommend playing with a friend!

+ akisuo on March 3rd, 2014 at 8:32 am said:

Looking forward to playing Dead Nation on my PS4. Loved it on my ps3. =) Awesome update.

+ Gorvi on March 3rd, 2014 at 8:36 am said:

Awesome update, keep up the great work.

+ maxpower235 on March 3rd, 2014 at 8:36 am said:

Some really great discounts this month. I think I’m gonna pick up all the Need For Speed games ;-)

Unfortunately I’ve already finished Dead Nation on PS3, so I was hoping for Knack on PS Plus this month.

+ BattleSkard on March 3rd, 2014 at 8:36 am said:

Nice. Cant wait for tomorrow. Hopefully they will add some Avatars for the PS4 as well.

+ Shinra_Soldier7 on March 3rd, 2014 at 8:37 am said:

Nice update. Quick question if it can be answered in any fashion. With EU getting NFS Most Wanted a few months ago as part of the IGC, any chance we will see it or The Run do the same here? Just would not want to pick one up this week just or it to be free next month or so.

On a side note, I am looking forward to Tomb Raider. Glad I finally will be able to play that one. And Dead Nation will be a good addition to when I do get a PS4. The PS3 version was pretty good and this one will only be better.

+ Ryumoau on March 3rd, 2014 at 8:37 am said:

@5

me too. i miss free avatars. My suggestion would be them contacting Namco about giving us the upcoming Tales of Symphonia avatars free for ps plus. :)

+ megaben99 on March 3rd, 2014 at 8:38 am said:

Sweet…been looking for a NFS on PS3. Kristine, you make my decision to buy a PS3 feel better every week!

Kristine Steimer's Avatar

+ Kristine Steimer on March 3rd, 2014 at 10:34 am said:

Would love to take all the credit, but I’m really just the communicator :) Hope you enjoy your game!

+ Ktzzle on March 3rd, 2014 at 8:42 am said:

I’ve never played either of these, but I can’t wait for both!

+ bosskillerz87 on March 3rd, 2014 at 8:43 am said:

YEy!!! tomb raider at last!! still wating for catherine :) the only game im missing so far..

+ Strock33 on March 3rd, 2014 at 8:46 am said:

I just bought a ps3 in october with a year of playstation plus. Haven’t bought a single new game and have days upon days of endless fun.

+ NX_Nytrux on March 3rd, 2014 at 8:47 am said:

NFS for me, but which one? i don´t know. Thanks for the sales and Tomb Raider.

+ Junguler on March 3rd, 2014 at 8:47 am said:

i just got a plus sub about 1 week ago and it already paid itself, so worth it it’s not even funny.

+ saab01 on March 3rd, 2014 at 8:47 am said:

Nice to see tomb raider tomorrow can’t wait to play it. It’s also a good thing that ibb and obb is leaving since it’s been in the igc for months now.

+ tj8_84 on March 3rd, 2014 at 8:49 am said:

when is the US going to get the Sony dualshock 4 charging station and when are you going to ship out more PlayStation 4 cameras

+ JimmyChaos on March 3rd, 2014 at 8:51 am said:

I don’t think I’m gonna buy any more video games. All I have to do is buy Plus and I’ll be playing awesome games every month. lol

+ Dragonslayer_023 on March 3rd, 2014 at 8:52 am said:

Do I really want to get sucked into Dead Nation again and lose all my free time? Leaning towards yes.

+ rjejr on March 3rd, 2014 at 8:53 am said:

Knew we were getting TR this month but even better its ‘the 1st Tues of the month. Now I really need to finish Bioshock Infinite. Even without owning a Vita or PS4 PS+ is well worth it this year so far.

+ Lefoul-123 on March 3rd, 2014 at 8:56 am said:

Yeah what need for speed should I get? If any cuz what if they give it for free next month, which is likely cuz this game has been free in europe.

+ Lefoul-123 on March 3rd, 2014 at 8:58 am said:

@ slickt not even ni no kuni?

+ carlpain on March 3rd, 2014 at 9:03 am said:

Nothing for me this week. Just 8 days left for DS II.

+ carlpain on March 3rd, 2014 at 9:06 am said:

@21: The only game I bought, and they put it as a “free” game later, was Borderlands 2, but I bought the game around March 2013. Like 8 months before the game was part of the instant collection.

+ Junguler on March 3rd, 2014 at 9:08 am said:

@slickt, yeah i got plus because i don’t have time to play so many games and a good game per month is enough to keep me going. thanks for the tip.

+ carlpain on March 3rd, 2014 at 9:09 am said:

@21: Also, many times I buy games for 360, on sale, and then I say them for “free” for PS3. I don’t really care because that is how life is. I’m not going to be waiting for months to see if a game is “free” or gets a better discount. It is about buying the game when you have the capital to do it.

+ DanteMerfi on March 3rd, 2014 at 9:10 am said:

I paid $13 for Tomb Raider when it was on sale around Christmas time. I don’t regret it though. Brilliant game. I’m not going to be able to catch everything for free.

+ carlpain on March 3rd, 2014 at 9:12 am said:

To just wait and play the “free” game (without buying new games or games with discounts) is a way to kill the market. I understand if you are a kid, an adult without a job, a guy paying bills, a dude in college or a person who doesn’t really care about buying new games, but the rest…

+ Teh_AKOD on March 3rd, 2014 at 9:13 am said:

Nothing for me this week. But still. I bet FEZ would look awesome on the Vita. Something tells me that, like Spelunky and Hotline Miami, this is going to be the version everyone recommends as the best for the game.

+ italodancemp3 on March 3rd, 2014 at 9:20 am said:

Tnx I’ll pick Need For Speed PS Vita :)

+ SamTheMan91 on March 3rd, 2014 at 9:23 am said:

You need to stop spoiling us with all these great ps plus games, you’re gonna have so many complaining when you’re not able to offer so many games anymore

+ lexleco on March 3rd, 2014 at 9:24 am said:

Why not Tomb Raider on PS4?

+ Peerinward on March 3rd, 2014 at 9:25 am said:

@15

If you received a promotion at work and a raise in pay, would it be okay with you if Sony asked that you pay $50 for Need for Speed after having bought it for $5?

+ Remmy8199 on March 3rd, 2014 at 9:25 am said:

Sweet. I’ve been wanting to do another playthrough of Tomb Raider, but I sold my original copy and couldn’t justify paying for it a second time.

+ CrusaderForever on March 3rd, 2014 at 9:35 am said:

Bought Tomb Raider Day One for the PS3 and loved it. It is really that good. Great for anyone that hasn’t had the pleasure yet. I am waiting for a price drop to pick up the PS4 DE version. Eagerly awaiting Tomb Raider 2 news as well.

+ DesolatiionAngel on March 3rd, 2014 at 9:35 am said:

How come people find a way to complain about everything ?about sales ? seriously ? I wonder if they go around screaming at their local market too

+ mahrudbingo99 on March 3rd, 2014 at 9:36 am said:

This is AWESOME!!! I just got a PS4 yesterday for my birthday and I already have 6 games thanks to plus and the free to play titles. Can’t wait to see what I get next month!

+ T3DV0L70L1N4 on March 3rd, 2014 at 9:36 am said:

Wow, that is a bad ass update.

+ BobbyBoozer on March 3rd, 2014 at 9:37 am said:

Awesome update! Can’t wait to play Dead Nation!

+ italodancemp3 on March 3rd, 2014 at 9:37 am said:

Btw where’s Damn Nation PS Vita? Sony is making me mad….

+ KidCommando on March 3rd, 2014 at 9:41 am said:

Very much looking forward to Dead Nation on PS4.

I have it for PS3 but never did manage to complete the “reach level 10″ trophy on the Road of Devastation DLC.

PS+ is such a great value!!

Kristine Steimer's Avatar

+ Kristine Steimer on March 3rd, 2014 at 10:35 am said:

Hope you get your trophy :)

+ Dee_Jinx on March 3rd, 2014 at 9:44 am said:

I am so excited for Dead Nation on PS4! Is there anyway of getting Dead Nation on PS4 if you dont own PS4 yet? Cant wait for FEZ!

+ Rezznak on March 3rd, 2014 at 9:46 am said:

have already beaten Dead Nation SEVERAL TIMES! WHERE THE #@$% IS MERCENARY KINGS!?!!!!!!!!!
MER-CEN-ARY KINGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! There were rumors of a march 4th release, WTH!?

+ CrusaderForever on March 3rd, 2014 at 9:48 am said:

Can’t wait to play Dead Nation on the PS4 with Vita Remote Play. I own the PS3 version and it is a great game. Looking forward to it.

+ viceforce on March 3rd, 2014 at 9:51 am said:

@4 I think that will happen when E3 arrives as well as Killzone Shadow Fall being free for plus members.

+ Misbik on March 3rd, 2014 at 10:08 am said:

Great update! Looking forward to playing both Dead Nation and Tomb Raider! Also, thanks for the NFS discounts! I just finished up Most Wanted (PS3) and I had previously finished (platinum!) Rivals and Undercover. I’ll probably grab Hot Pursuit, The Run, and Most Wanted (Vita) to add to my already ridiculously large backlog :(

Any chance on a discount on the DLC for the NFS games? That’s where they hurt the wallet… :)

+ Matrix_Lion on March 3rd, 2014 at 10:17 am said:

Thanks, because I don’t have Tomb Raider yet.

+ bobafett4ever on March 3rd, 2014 at 10:22 am said:

Seriously – another Rated M game (for PS3). And last month they commented to look at releasing other games for the PS3 not rated M. Ridiculous.

+ carlpain on March 3rd, 2014 at 10:26 am said:

Damn, dude. You went from complaining about the “free” games to religion & politics.

+ dodgedoors on March 3rd, 2014 at 10:30 am said:

Please explain the awesomenauts bundles.

+ Mando44646 on March 3rd, 2014 at 10:37 am said:

Tomb Raider is fantastic. I played it on 360 the first time, so I might give it a go on PS3 as well. (and getting it for free on PS3 this month really dissuaded me from buying it on PS4 with no new content).

An okay game for PS4′s IGC, but I look forward to getting full retail experiences at some point in the future

+ Kedaro on March 3rd, 2014 at 10:47 am said:

Keep up the great work PlayStation, I’d like to see more about indie dev projects, kickstarters, experimental games headed our way. I’m fond of games like 7 days to die, and Rust. any luck bringing stuff like that to the family of PS systems?

PAGE 1 2 3 5