Watch Dogs 2

Mar 03

Mar 03

PlayStation Plus: Dead Nation: Apocalypse Edition & Tomb Raider Free for Members

Kristine Steimer's Avatar Posted by Sr. Community Specialist

I think the best way to start off any new month is with two free PlayStation Plus games. For March we have Dead Nation: Apocalpyse Edition for your PlayStation 4 and Tomb Raider for your PlayStation 3. If you’re unfamiliar with the original Dead Nation, it’s a top-down twin-stick shooter that’s best experienced with a friend. Make sure you’ve got a strategy and plenty of items before you head out to take down hordes of zombies. The Apocalypse Edition was just announced last week, will be hitting PlayStation Store tomorrow, and it has some interesting benefits like an interactive live streaming option.

Then we have last year’s critically acclaimed reboot of the Tomb Raider franchise. Witness Lara’s growth from young archeologist to bad-ass adventurer as her expedition gets shipwrecked on a mysterious island. Lara has to do a lot to survive, including live through several impalings, explore her surroundings and hunt wildlife.

You can download Dead Nation: Apocalypse Edition and Tomb Raider after the PlayStation Store updates tomorrow.

1062x532_portal_igc_030414

PlayStation Plus: Instant Game Collection

Dead Nation: Apocalypse Edition (PS4)

Free for PS Plus members

Dead Nation Apocalypse Edition
Run-and-gun through the zombie apocalypse as hit arcade shooter Dead Nation shuffles onto PlayStation 4. Fight for your life alone or with a friend as Jack McReady or Scarlett Blake as you step onto the streets of a city overrunwith undead flesh-eaters.And, if you’re feeling really brave, take a walk down the Road of Devastation – a deadly experiment that pushes your survival skills to the absolute limit as you face hordes of zombies with no extra lives and no second chances.The dead may walk – but you can make sure they don’t walk very far.
Tomb Raider (PS3)

Free for PS Plus members

Tomb Raider
This newest rendition of Tomb Raider explores the intense and gritty origin story of Lara Croft and her ascent from a frightened young woman to the hardened survivor that she would become known as. Armed only with raw instincts and the ability to push beyond the limits of human endurance, Lara must fight to unravel the dark history of a forgotten island to escape its relentless hold.

PlayStation Plus: Discounts

Spring Fever 2014

Title Plus Price Regular Price
Master Reboot $11.99 $14.99
Awesomenauts Assemble! $7.99 $9.99
Need For Speed Most Wanted (PS3) $5.00 $9.99
Need For Speed Most Wanted (PS Vita) $5.00 $9.99
Need For Speed Hot Pursuit $5.00 $9.99
Need For Speed Carbon $5.00 $9.99
Need For Speed The Run $5.00 $9.99

PlayStation Plus: Last Chance

If you’ve got feedback on today’s Plus update make sure vote in the poll and leave a comment below. To discuss all things PlayStation, including this update, you can also head over to the PlayStation Community Forums where you’ll find topics you can contribute your thoughts to, or start one for yourself.

Add Your Own

INFIDEL_JIHAD said:

March 3rd, 3:01 pm

LoL I was in no way trying to hurt you… I was being honest … Your obviously an unhappy person … I also have things as you say but do not feel the need to brag about what i have in life … I’m very comfortable & content with my life and who i share it with … Your endless rants and tirades as someone put it … Are quite simply put amusing to me :o) … But you should be also happy with that after all you’re getting the attention you obviously crave

xClayMeow said:

March 3rd, 3:06 pm

Looks like SLICK’s “second account” needs to be banned from posting here too.

ThumbsOfSteel74 said:

March 3rd, 3:07 pm

@bgardner: You can’t buy it with your Plus account. I’ve read comments where people say you can make a sub-account (without Plus) and buy things that way. Never tried it, but there you go. Otherwise you’ll have to wait until next month sometime when the game leaves the IGC. Or get lost in a maze of crap trying to call Sony support. Worst part: As you may know, you’ll never be able to buy it from PSN if you download it while it’s on the IGC.

Yeah it sucks. So do abalones.

xKillerKev7x said:

March 3rd, 3:09 pm

Awesome! Super excited for the PS4 games to drop! :D Good job again Sony!

bgardner said:

March 3rd, 3:16 pm

@ThumbsOfSteel74 thanks for the info

death_nation100 said:

March 3rd, 3:18 pm

Crappy month for us ps plus members except if you have a Vita then you’ll be having fun no matter where you go !

KasparsDubra said:

March 3rd, 3:28 pm

Try to make discounts for PS4 digital games.

Husteen said:

March 3rd, 3:36 pm

aw, i thought tomb raider was the ps4 definitive edition, but it’s just the ps3 version. i might be getting a ps4 at the end of march, so i hope we can start getting some great weekly deals going for the console. dead nation looks cool, but isn’t worth a ps+ on its own. we’ll see if there are any discounts later to go along with it.

PainOfSarrow said:

March 3rd, 3:37 pm

Sony better call a new exterminator. this ones lacking the skills to rid of any so called infestations. cant we all just get along ? haa back on topic. all these sales you been having lately are great sony. hade my eyes on need for speed most wanted for ah good while now. might get the others aswell for such a low pice.

INFIDEL_JIHAD said:

March 3rd, 3:50 pm

i pick up my 420 meds in oakland

Sevyne said:

March 3rd, 3:53 pm

Omg…Is wanting to read the comments without it being 5 pages of nothing but one person crying and internet chest pounding too much to ask? Christ man. Freedom of speech; We get it. You are not happy; We get it. You don’t need to spam 5 pages worth of it on repeat. Sifting through this garbage is just offensive for any of us that want to comment with both legit compliments AND criticisms alike. Grow the hell up kid.

bgardner said:

March 3rd, 3:56 pm

@Sevyne i agree 100% with you

sirbflo114 said:

March 3rd, 4:01 pm

PSN is killing my wallet. I just bought Injustice: Gods Among Us Ultimate Edition last week for $24.49 and now, the Need for Speed games are $5 each for PS+. Need for Speed: Most Wanted for a measly $5?! You can’t beat that deal. Maybe I will get The Run as well.

BlueBl1zzard said:

March 3rd, 4:27 pm

@bgardner he can’t, otherwise they’d have to stop putting games on sale. You wouldn’t want that would you?

Remmy8199 said:

March 3rd, 4:27 pm

I’m guessing the mods are on vacation. Figured they would have banned this guy by now.

Kristine Steimer's Avatar

Morgan Haro said:

March 3rd, 4:51 pm

Just checking in on the post now, but I’ve asked the moderation team to review the comments in today’s update. There will certainly be some stuff that’s grounds for moderators to act on. =\

INFIDEL_JIHAD said:

March 3rd, 4:35 pm

LoL it’s legal medication … You take aspirin or something it’s no diffrent really … Stuff in cali some of the best in the world :o)

Peerinward said:

March 3rd, 4:39 pm

If you have over $3,000 worth of games, why are you getting upset over being “ripped off?” That is such a first-world problem.

If you’re upset over being “ripped off” and over the idea of supporting the people who make games, it’s only fair that Sony and all the other publishers ask that you pay for all those free PS+ games the moment you receive a raise over wherever you work. You’re going to go on a grinchy diva tantrum on the internet about games going on sale after you buy them, then be ready to return the favor when your mother gives you your weekly allowance and pay the devs back in full, unless you’re just another entitled fool who doesn’t realize that there is no consumer without the product.

Kristine Steimer's Avatar

Morgan Haro said:

March 3rd, 4:58 pm

Just a reminder to all that inflammatory comments and threats to other users, no matter who started it, are grounds for bans from future commenting on the blog. I’ve sent this post to moderation and they’ll likely be taking action on a few accounts here from commenting on the blog. Any aggresive, out of line comments you see on here, do yourself a favor and ignore them. You can also report them by emailing: blog_moderation@playstation.sony.com; and they’ll take care of it as well.

Thanks!

Remmy8199 said:

March 3rd, 5:00 pm

@Morgan thanks for the reply. I was just joking about that btw :P

gowofwarkratos1 said:

March 3rd, 5:01 pm

I was planning to play again dead nation on my PS3, and then this happened “Dead Nation” for PS4 and free for plus. A good way to start again :)

alphagoku1 said:

March 3rd, 5:01 pm

finally some order, hopefully it will last

alphagoku1 said:

March 3rd, 5:04 pm

now if someone could answer this: WHEN IS MERCENARY KINGS GONNA BE RELEASED!?!?!?!?!? its allegedly done and they’re waiting on Sony. side note, itd be super mega way awesome if you guys could get a bundle of The Behemoth games released on the psn….. i would throw any reasonable amount of money at that project happening

bgardner said:

March 3rd, 5:06 pm

thanks you for that Morgan i hope greatness awaits thee

bgardner said:

March 3rd, 5:09 pm

i just want buy dead nation apocalypse even though i have plus

bgardner said:

March 3rd, 5:11 pm

if did anything to upset the ps blog team im truly sorry

gowofwarkratos1 said:

March 3rd, 5:34 pm

I loved the PS3 version, but now I have a chance to play it again with the best graphics with DLC and for free :)

EbOuNcE88 said:

March 3rd, 5:42 pm

Dead Nation looks like it should be some fun.. I still can’t wait for Drive Club PS Plus edition.. That’s where it will be at! Plus I can see Sony spreading that layout of PS Plus (pictured above showing games) to 3-4 PS4 games at a time and atleast 2-3 a month.. Would be nice for more discounts on PS plus for PS4 to!!! And please Sony fix the layout of PS4.. Just tweek it and make it the best it can be!

Lord_Orpheo said:

March 3rd, 5:45 pm

Woot! “Monster Hunter Freedom Unite” for free! Everyone should give this game a try as it’s the BEST game on the PSP (imo).

Speaking of Monster Hunter… when are we getting the franchise on PSP / Vita / PS3 state-side between MH3 & MH4?

honkayjeezus said:

March 3rd, 5:46 pm

How many times and on different platforms is Dead Nation going to be a free Plus game? I guess this is slightly better news than it being Basement Crawl.

klassymike said:

March 3rd, 5:48 pm

I usually visit these blogs daily, but this one has been totally hijacked by a certain unpleasant person. They need to be totally banned. Thanks Morgan for checking back in to see for yourself.

klassymike said:

March 3rd, 5:49 pm

BTW, Those need for Speed prices are as great as the games themselves.

ToFeY said:

March 3rd, 5:50 pm

tomb raider <3 plus has been great the past couple of months :D

Gamerzlimited said:

March 3rd, 5:57 pm

Thanks Morgan. Will be doing that from now on. Anyway, since my positive and on topic comment got deleted as well, I’ll say it again:

Need for Speed: Most Wanted for $5? Sold! Been wanting to get that game ever since I got my Vita on Black Friday. Will be getting that along with Hatsune Miku: Project Diva f. :)

gexillion said:

March 3rd, 6:03 pm

Why is episode 12 of the walking dead not up on the store yet?

bgardner said:

March 3rd, 6:19 pm

so will ps plus members be able to igc or day 1 free games i want to support housemarque if i could

stupidhass said:

March 3rd, 6:28 pm

I got Tomb Raider when it was on sale and I don’t have a PS4 to allow me to check out DNAE, so there is nothing for me this week. Let me guess, Tomb Raider is the game of the month? I don’t know about anybody else, but I’m disappointed with the order you deliver the games. If I were you guys, I’d put the Game of the Month during either the second or third week and put one Vita game in the first half of the month when there is more than one.

HaHaHyEnA said:

March 3rd, 6:48 pm

i think they ment episode 12 of the walking dead TV series :)

SDkngsht said:

March 3rd, 6:48 pm

Dead Nation was more fun & addictive than I expected on PS3. looking forward to getting my hands back on that.

hopefully the Tomb Raider comes to PS4 soon as a PS Plus free game. good week. thanks!

jusseff said:

March 3rd, 7:03 pm

YouTube app.!!!!!when when when ?!!!! Please Sony.

PrimeroIncognito said:

March 3rd, 7:09 pm

Anyway, nice update. Tons of value here, as usual.

@ INFIDEL_JIHAD

Do you go to Harborside? If so, what do you think of it? I love the way Steve runs his place and he represents the medical community like a pro. I’ve always wanted to check them out but I’m in SoCal. I’ll have to make a trip up that way one day.

Massive_13 said:

March 3rd, 7:27 pm

I sure wish that Tomb Raider could have been free for PS4’s PlayStation Plus…

chrisgomez3030 said:

March 3rd, 7:29 pm

Not the week for my vita, wanted unit 13 already but instead going to get ende for speed.

purse317 said:

March 3rd, 7:31 pm

Nothing new for me this week brought these games already when they were on sale for plus members in the past.

Gotta ask what’s up with the lame sales any gamer brought those AAA titles when they launched and many of those NFS titles are old 2+ years nothing to make me go “yep gonna spend my money on that”

does Sony track gamers who already own plus content and might wan something different

How about Vita owners tired of seeing the same psp rpgs on sale

Lastly when will we see different pricing between digital and retail games or just see blog responses that answer the tough questions not just responses of thanks or contact customer service.

HaHaHyEnA said:

March 3rd, 7:39 pm

i love the network of this blog, 99% of you guys are the nicest guys in the world that still isnt afraid to state ur feelings on what you like and dont like, and then theres that one percent that troll that add some excitement every once in awhile on here, its one of the reasons i actually enjoy reading the comments, you can either have a very good conversation on current playstation events, or watch the community defend this great site :)

EXQUISITEEMPRESS said:

March 3rd, 7:48 pm

I really really wanted Tomb Raider. Thank you!!!

JuanWei said:

March 3rd, 8:00 pm

dead nation for ps4?
where’s the love for vita? last year i think dead nation is announced for vita too right? alongside borderlands 2

teenymhunter said:

March 3rd, 8:19 pm

too bad i was kind of looking foreword to playing monster hunter freedom unite on psvita while i wait for dark souls 2 to release{march 11th} i already own it but getting it via psn+ gives me a excuse to play it from the beginning

ill probably pass the “tomb raider” game i hate back story/cinematic focused games i strongly believe anything that takes less than 20 hours to beat for the common gamer shouldn’t be considered a video game “remember me” is a prime example anyone played it? i tried it and wish i hadn’t
for some reason it took around 7 hours to download from psn longest amount of time i have ever waited for a download i had the game for like 30 minutes before removing started it as soon as it installed
sum it up
25 minutes of not being able to skip cutscenes and walking like a drunk before the first fight than realized i didn’t like the combat style spent 5 minutes waiting for the thing to uninstall so i could turn off my system…….also the longest iv waited for something to uninstall must of had bad connection at the time for downloading but seriously far too long to uninstall

sorry for slightly ranting just bored and impatient for the other games on the list

Sevyne said:

March 3rd, 9:05 pm

Thank god someone finally stepped in and removed that mess.

Anyway, looking forward to firing up Dead Nation again.

INFIDEL_JIHAD said:

March 3rd, 9:13 pm

Hey primer lol yeah i got some of my stock from harborside chem 4 OG … I like they’re seed selection and clones … But i also go to Vallejo to this dispensery cause they don’t charge me tax that is a big seller to me

BahumatIsBack said:

March 3rd, 9:29 pm

@Sony – Here we are at another preorder and I can’t download South Park after the announced time either. This happens way too often. How hard is it to tell time?