GTAV PS4

Batman: Arkham Knight Coming to PS4 in 2014

Justin Massongill's Avatar + Posted by Justin Massongill on Mar 04, 2014 // SCEA Social Media Specialist

WB has just announced that Batman: Arkham Knight, the conclusion to Rocksteady‘s genre-defining Arkham series, is coming to PS4 this year. In it, players will become the Batman in what promises to be the most detailed, fully realized rendition of Gotham yet — and they’ll get to drive the Batmobile, too.

Watch the stunning announce trailer above, and read on for more details from WB.

Today, Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment and DC Entertainment are announcing Batman: Arkham Knight, Rocksteady Studios’ conclusion to the series of award-winning titles Batman: Arkham Asylum and Batman: Arkham City. Batman: Arkham Knight is based on DC Comics’ core Batman license and is scheduled to be released worldwide on PS4 in 2014.In the explosive finale to the Arkham series, Batman faces the ultimate threat against the city that he is sworn to protect. The Scarecrow returns to unite an impressive roster of super villains, including Penguin, Two-Face and Harley Quinn, to destroy The Dark Knight forever. Batman: Arkham Knight introduces Rocksteady’s uniquely designed version of the Batmobile, which is drivable for the first time in the franchise.

For more information on Batman: Arkham Knight, please visit www.batmanarkhamknight.com, https://www.facebook.com/BatmanArkham or https://twitter.com/BatmanArkham.

110 Comments   1 Reply

PAGE 1 2 3

+ akisuo on March 4th, 2014 at 8:07 am said:

Yess!! Yesss! Totally looking forward to this!

+ FifthDream on March 4th, 2014 at 8:09 am said:

I think i will need to get this. Yes, i will.

+ mikemill on March 4th, 2014 at 8:12 am said:

DAY. ONE. PURCHASE.

+ BillGiven on March 4th, 2014 at 8:15 am said:

Sweet, Just hoping it will be better than Arkham Origins

+ Vengeance1138 on March 4th, 2014 at 8:16 am said:

Holy hell….Day One! And just imagine playing this on the go with Vita via remote play!

+ Winscar_Shinobi on March 4th, 2014 at 8:17 am said:

This looks so glorious. I passed on origins because it was a half/done prequel that just recycled all elements from AC. This looks amazing. Built from the ground up for next gen and a great way to end the series

+ BattleSkard on March 4th, 2014 at 8:18 am said:

Day one purchase here too. Loved Arkham Asylum. Cant wait for this.

+ jonboi24 on March 4th, 2014 at 8:18 am said:

Take my wallet better yet tell me where I should mail it to.

+ Mega-Sackman on March 4th, 2014 at 8:20 am said:

Insta most anticipated game of the year.

Batman Arkham Knight, The Order 1886, Destiny, The Witcher 3 Wild Hunt, Final Fantasy XV… i need to save money.

+ jason_redemption on March 4th, 2014 at 8:21 am said:

I AM SO EXCITED!!! This looks AMAZING! The only concern I have is how will they make it as good without the Joker? The Joker has been such an iconic enemy in all the Arkham Games that I fear his role will be SORELY MISSED. But I remain hopeful and am sure this will be a day ONE purchase. :)

+ gcsoxfan08 on March 4th, 2014 at 8:23 am said:

Looks like I won’t be waiting as long as I had planned before purchasing a PS4.

+ Hayterfan on March 4th, 2014 at 8:24 am said:

Was hoping for Batman Beyond Arkham, But hell another game from Rocksteady is always good

+ ZAANOS on March 4th, 2014 at 8:29 am said:

The Batman game we always wanted, open world, batmobile.

Give me co-op or give me death. Me and my friend have fantasized about Batman and Robin Co-Op since Batman Arkham Asylum. Please give it to us Rocksteady.

+ ahernan2013 on March 4th, 2014 at 8:31 am said:

And this Batman Game is only for NEXT-GEN. Won’t come to LAST-GEN. I will look foward to it. Just need the release date.

+ Folkeye on March 4th, 2014 at 8:32 am said:

I really enjoyed Asylum and City (didn’t play Origins). Looking forward to this one! That animation is absolutely gorgeous! Can’t wait to see some game play.

And for #13: Yes, having a co-op in a style of playing Batman & Robin would be a lot of fun. Especially if they could find a way to make it local co-op if one wants :)

+ Erza_Scarlet on March 4th, 2014 at 8:33 am said:

Great! Rocksteady is back! Day one buy for me! Right now I’m playing Origins…. I miss rocksteady in this one u.u…

I just ask 2 things:

1. PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE!!!! Don’t waste time on the online mode! This games are a beautiful single player experience, don’t waste resources in that online thing!

2. What the hell did you do to the face of my beautiful Harley Quinn??????? I want the one of the past games, not this ugly one >_<….

+ Hayterfan on March 4th, 2014 at 8:45 am said:

Agree with #16, Dont waste the time, money and resources making a mulitplayer mode that no one will play (Except maybe a Co-op mode)
Also would love to see Asylum and City get a PS4 port, if only to have the whole franchise on one machine (Hell was kinda expecting Knight would be cross gen)

+ Oner on March 4th, 2014 at 8:55 am said:

In the immortal Fry Meme ~ SHUT UP AND TAKE MY MONEY!

+ Zacky-V-A7X on March 4th, 2014 at 8:56 am said:

My PS4 is ready!!

+ johnnyp70 on March 4th, 2014 at 8:57 am said:

Meh…

Just kidding-I cannot wait to get my hands on this and drive the Batmobile!!!

+ jeffsmither on March 4th, 2014 at 8:59 am said:

When does this game take place in the Arkham series?

+ LeeJ55 on March 4th, 2014 at 9:00 am said:

Great trailer. Happy it’s being released this year. Greatness Awaits!

+ arturyepez10 on March 4th, 2014 at 9:04 am said:

I really don’t understand this. Is it a Rocksteady’s game or a WBs game?

+ PainOfSarrow on March 4th, 2014 at 9:05 am said:

man that looks way to gangsta. i luv and have the whole series. would have def picked this up if it was on the ps3 aswell.

+ Remmy8199 on March 4th, 2014 at 9:12 am said:

Well that just sold me on buying a PS4. And it’s good to see Rocksteady’s back as well.

+ saintaqua on March 4th, 2014 at 9:16 am said:

I can’t wait. I still have to beat Origins and Blackgate though!

+ hawjboi2009 on March 4th, 2014 at 9:18 am said:

oh yes Rocksteady is back .. that awesome.. Batman arkham origin is ok game.. not bad game.. can’t wait to play this game on ps4.. i hope graphic look amazing and take 25 to 30 hours to finish.. i hope this game allow fans like me able to drive in batmobile for first time.. 2014 gonna be Bomb and possible best year ever if Uncharted 4 release this year too

+ andremal on March 4th, 2014 at 9:25 am said:

Looking amazing! So glad Rocksteady made the jump to Next Gen. Will repeat earlier sentiments to drop Multiplayer and focus on Single Player. Woot!

+ Teh_AKOD on March 4th, 2014 at 9:30 am said:

I’m exited for this game. It looks awesome! Between this and Second Son I have 2 games that I want for a PS4.

+ IcedDice777 on March 4th, 2014 at 9:31 am said:

YES!!! I’ll preorder my PS4 copy once the inevitable Collectors edition is announced. WB and Rocksteady = Best superhero games.

+ ECisMe on March 4th, 2014 at 9:36 am said:

That was a cool trailer, but I’m going to need to see some solid gameplay footage, and get a better idea of the mechanics, before I go ahead and pre-order.

+ DecadanceFantasy on March 4th, 2014 at 9:42 am said:

Woah, looking really, really good there.

+ Alastor424 on March 4th, 2014 at 9:51 am said:

I was skeptical at the announcement of this game at first after the previous Arkham Origins having a lot of copy-paste elements, but then I read that it is on PS4, developed by Rocksteady and has a drivable Bat Mobile and wondered “just how big is the environment of the game? Hopefully it is ALL of Gotham City this time? Either way, hopefully Rocksteady has Arkham Knight go out with a baterrang!

+ GRIM__REAFER on March 4th, 2014 at 9:52 am said:

Guess it is time for me to get Origins.

+ KosmoCrisis on March 4th, 2014 at 9:54 am said:

I totally predicted the “Batman jumps and lands inside cockpit of fast moving car” scenario!

Nice tech demo. Definitely getting in on this when it comes out. I might even consider selling a kidney if necessary. I’m hoping it won’t be though.

+ BahumatIsBack on March 4th, 2014 at 9:58 am said:

“Pre-order now and receive the playable Harley Quinn add-on. Become Harley Quinn for the first time ever in an Arkham game and utilize her unique weapons, gadgets, and abilities first-hand. The add-on includes four exclusive challenge maps. ”

Hopefully PSN will be getting this preorder bonus too. **Throws money at screen**

+ JoGam on March 4th, 2014 at 10:01 am said:

If that trailer didn’t get you hype, nothing will.

+ Mando44646 on March 4th, 2014 at 10:08 am said:

OMG I need this NAW!

Any chance of a re-release of the other 3 games on PS4? Id happily rebuy them on my new console :)

+ JROD0823 on March 4th, 2014 at 10:11 am said:

What kind of dark arts do Rocksteady practice in order to make these game trailers look so good?!?

+ meltedwolf on March 4th, 2014 at 10:21 am said:

And the oscar for best trailer goes to rocksteady. Was not expecting that. So good I’m going back to ps3 to finish origins. Please take your time on this one guys.

+ LexusRacer on March 4th, 2014 at 10:37 am said:

Looks great. I can’t wait to see some gameplay.

+ ZANIACK on March 4th, 2014 at 10:40 am said:

Don’t disappoint again, Rocksteady. There hasn’t been a great licensed superhero game since Arkham Asylum.

+ JNM-CIM on March 4th, 2014 at 10:43 am said:

Yes, yes, yes!!! This is what I’ve been waiting for! Welcome back Rocksteady! (That is, if you ever left in the first place.)

+ inFAMOUS-787 on March 4th, 2014 at 10:44 am said:

Brb, have to change my undies XD

+ Lefoul-123 on March 4th, 2014 at 10:48 am said:

Meh!! I am not impressed. *while trying to look not impressed*

+ eye2thebeholder on March 4th, 2014 at 10:52 am said:

Great that its only coming out on Next Gen…Plus its Buy Rocksteady…thats an easy Preorder

+ iREVOLTER on March 4th, 2014 at 10:54 am said:

Batman!

+ nYcFrEeWiLL82 on March 4th, 2014 at 10:58 am said:

Yeah ..this is how Rocksteady shouldve made the 2nd Batman game..thats why i didnt bother buying any of the other after arkam asylum..open world is awesome but to not be able to ride all his cool vehicles..was annoying to me. So this game is the one ive been patiently waiting for.And i must say the batmobile looks pretty cool. I think they shouldve just named it GOTHAM NIGHTS ..since they already used arkham in the games before..but watever..it looks really really good..its starting to look like a GTA batman game only you can only be the GOOD Guy..Unless they make a DLC to play as the JOKER..and we can use a crazy ride of his..but let me not get too ahead of myself. lol

+ Vex_Doppel on March 4th, 2014 at 11:01 am said:

Pretty dang good reason to go Next-Gen. I was afraid it was going to be cross gen. Already know the Batmobile will be apart of mini games. Will be remote controlled. I can’t wait to see how interactive Gotham will be. There will be so much to explore.

+ Claymorecuts on March 4th, 2014 at 11:01 am said:

I’m Batman! This has been my favorite games on ps3. They are so well done.

PAGE 1 2 3