PlayStation VR

Mar 05

Mar 05

Killzone Shadow Fall: New Multiplayer DLC and Maps

Samrat Sharma's Avatar Posted by Senior Online Producer, Guerrilla Games

We are very excited to announce the details of Killzone Shadow Fall’s first multiplayer expansion: The Insurgent Pack.

Killzone Shadow Fall: Insurgent Pack

The expansion pack is full of exciting new features for multiplayer including a brand new Character Class, 3 new abilities, 3 new weapons and 2 new game modes.

The Helghast government has been secretly funding The Black Hand, the operatives of which have been infiltrating Vekta City. The VSA has also started a programme that sends saboteurs disguised as refugees to the Helghast side of the wall. These insurgents are playable for the first time in the brand new Insurgent Expansion, which includes:

• The Insurgent – a brand new class with two unique abilities: Hack and Steal.
        The insurgent starts with just a pistol and his wits about him. As vulnerable as he is, he can slowly build up his arsenal in the game by using [Steal] to steal weapons and abilities from downed enemies, which enables him to use those weapons throughout the game, even if he falls in combat. By Using [Hack] he can change enemy ground automata into friendlies, turning the tide of battle quite swiftly.
    • 3 New Abilities – The Scout, Support and Assault also get additional abilities
      • E-Pulse emitter – a deployable beacon that sends out an e-pulse making it difficult for enemy units to install automata in that area
      • Tactical Echo emitter – a deployable beacon that send out a Tactical Echo from a fixed location making the area hard to infiltrate by hidden enemy units
      • Guard Drone – The Assault gets a stationary Buddy drone; deploy it in one place and it guards the location from a ground level.
    • 3 New Weapons – Welcome old friends and new with this pack of weapons for the Scout, Assault and Support:
      • M82 – the classic assault rifle of choice from Killzone 2 and 3 is back!
      • L512 SMG Pistol – this amazing machine pistol makes your tactical secondary weapon of choice that much more punch
      • Sta14 Rifle – The sniper rifle of many battles past adds to your long distance sniping arsenal.
    • New Single Player Elite Mode – The nightmarish difficulty of Elite Mode will test the hardest of warriors
          3 lives, Hard difficulty, and the Shadowfall campaign to test your mettle.
      • New Online Collectibles Mode – Find the online collectibles crates in game for rewards
            A limited set of collectible crates will spawn only for Insurgent Expansion holders, one per match for a limited time. Collect one and earn extra points in game, collect more and stand to win rewards in game.
        • Insurgent Personalisation Pack
          • 1 OWL Skin
          • 3 Spotlight Moves
          • 1 Voice Over pack containing HGH and VSA battle chatter voices
        • New Challenges and Trophies
            All this content comes with its own set of Challenges and Trophies to unlock. Trophy details will be released soon.

The Insurgent Pack will be available on the Store in April for $9.99. Of course, you get it for free with the Season Pass, which gives you all the essential Killzone Shadow Fall multiplayer DLC at the best value.

But don’t worry; we’ve got something to help you pass the time until The Insurgent Pack comes out. When we revealed MP at gamescom, we promised you that all of the DLC multiplayer maps for Killzone Shadow Fall would be free – and the first two are now on PlayStation Store for you to download! The first of these free map packs includes two very distinct maps inspired by key locations from the single-player campaign, and are also completely compatible with the game’s Custom Warzone Feature. Check them out in these brand new trailers.

The Cruiser map is set in a decommissioned VSA cruiser full of narrow, labyrinthine passages and interconnected compartments. Perfect for close-to-mid-range combat, the key to owning this map is identifying and dominating its many choke points.

Then we have The Hangar which takes place in the hangar bay of one of Helghan’s vast and lofty mining spires. This wide-open map combines large exposed spaces, perfect for sniping, as well as alternative routes to seek out and secure for total domination.

All of this sounds exciting but still on the fence? Or maybe you have some friends you’ve been trying to convince to give Shadow Fall a go? There’s a FREE multiplayer trial going on RIGHT NOW (ending March 11th) that’s the perfect way to check the game out, master the new free maps, and whet your appetite for the upcoming expansion. Best of all: PS Plus will NOT be required to participate in this free MP week!

To sweeten the offer even more, Killzone Shadow Fall will be available at $39.99 through 3/11 at Amazon!

We hope you enjoy the first of these free maps – keep an eye out on PlayStation.Blog for more coming your way this year.

Add Your Own

PAGE 1 2

freshprincepbg said:

March 5th, 9:10 am

Awesome

What about the coop expansion pack though?

March 5th, 10:47 am

That’s just the first drop in our full season of expansions for Season Pass holders. More details on Co-op soon!

maxcoronel2014 said:

March 5th, 9:15 am

Downloaded yesterday to my PS4.
        After the download is finished, the download says “Waiting for install”. When starting the game, the screen goes to “Updating the application”. Then goes back to the main menu. Then goes back again to “updating the application”, etc, etc, and it keeps looping forever.
        Downloaded several times, even uninstalled the whole game, but the issue is still there. If I erase the DLC, the games starts normally.

HELP!!!

March 5th, 10:48 am

Try tweeting your issue to @killzone – we might be able to help you troubleshoot.

dontejay said:

March 5th, 9:26 am

Looking forward to this. Still really need to break this game in.

IcedDice777 said:

March 5th, 9:27 am

Guerrilla Games, any plans to spice up killzone shadow fall’s multiplayer component with Exo suits, jet packs or intruders? Warzones would be incredibly chaotic and buckets of fun.

Please consider adding more to the multiplayer. Thank you

March 5th, 10:50 am

This is just the first multiplayer expansion! We have many more ideas. If you have suggestions, make sure to add them to http://feedback.killzone.com so others can vote on them as well

KazeEternal said:

March 5th, 9:27 am

don’t you think you guys need to fix your insta kill glitches before you give us a nightmare difficulty? My personal favorite is when I fall through platforms on the train level. Most of my deaths on hard mode can be attributed to falling through things or in some weird cases launched into the great blue to plummet to my death.

Also where is Co-op Expansion? Bigger Maps on MP? Move Sharp Shooter Support (ok not promised, but still desired)?

March 5th, 10:51 am

Co-op is the second drop in the Season Pass, details soon. Have you downloaded the new map pack? I think the Hangar will be to your liking if you like bigger maps.

Bad_Brains said:

March 5th, 9:30 am

Kick ass. I kept saying this game needed another class. Really excited for this! Wouldn’t mind seeing more classes in the future.

Since the price isn’t listed in $… can we expect this to be $15?

March 5th, 10:51 am

That was in error, being fixed right now. It’s US$ 9.99 for the expansion, and US$19.99 for the Season Pass, which gets you the expansion for free, plus the next expansion and Co-op.

Pachon13elm said:

March 5th, 9:34 am

Guerrilla, please lenguaje SPANISH in options for download

im buy the versión digital y no tiene español para descargar !!!

Please add language SPANISH for download !!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks….

CrusaderForever said:

March 5th, 9:43 am

Just beat Killzone Shadow Fall on hard and I must say it was very challenging! I really enjoyed the game. I felt GG really showed some grit to give us the ending they did. I will have to get back into the MP.

KwietStorm said:

March 5th, 9:47 am

The M82?! So I can actually aim now? I hope it doesn’t have the huge muzzle flash like the other guns in Shadow Fall. Makes it hard to see what you’re aiming at.

KwietStorm said:

March 5th, 9:51 am

And is the Saboteur ever coming back?

saab01 said:

March 5th, 9:51 am

Please someone help me

I’m a fan of the game but have trouble sometimes when playing a online match . At random times it will kick me out saying server connection timed out it’s very frustrating and for some reason yesterday it happened to me 6 times. At that point I just shut off my ps4 from all of the frustration. I noticed in the game it’s better to use a wired connection than a wireless but the connection is at 100 percent wirelessly. Any solutions to solve this headache???

March 5th, 11:05 am

Can you post on our forums? Someone should be able to help you out.

KazeEternal said:

March 5th, 9:56 am

@KwietStorm
        Ya the Saboteur needs to come back. I never played the job, but it certainly did make things more interesting. Certainly made the nubs more cautious about running around like a bunch of morons straight into a fire fight.

KazeEternal said:

March 5th, 9:59 am

@KwietStorm
        I also miss killzone 2’s job system and jobs. The Spawn Bots are nice and are as close as you can get without giving me spawn grenades :(

@GG
        we could use the ability to drop 2 spawn bots, not just one. There aren’t enough Tact’s on map to justify this mechanic at any given time. Reduces the single players ability to guide his team unless he forms a squad of tacts and organizes them. That’s cool on paper, but doesn’t work in reality unless you have a strong clan structure, which btw KZ SF completely lacks.

yazter said:

March 5th, 10:03 am

What are the plans for Killzone: Shadow Fall DLC with regards to Trophies?

Which ones will include them, and which ones won’t?

March 5th, 10:57 am

This multiplayer expansion will come with new trophies. :)

YorlecmNwahs said:

March 5th, 10:32 am

Want ModNation Racers 2?

Go to Google

Search “ModNation Racers 2 for PS4 petition”

Click on the second result.

Sign the petition please.

Kchow23 said:

March 5th, 10:34 am

Haven’t played Killzone ever since finishing the story… I guess its time to check it out!

mikemill said:

March 5th, 10:39 am

Where the heck is the co-op expansion?

March 5th, 10:57 am

TEVIN-THE-KING said:

March 5th, 10:40 am

can we get some new maps and guns for the vita that would be nice.

Vcheese said:

March 5th, 10:43 am

New maps wont install!! HELP!!!!!

ZodR_ARG said:

March 5th, 10:57 am

The Sta-14 is the KZ2 or KZ3 variant?

Hanako106 said:

March 5th, 11:19 am

Hey finally a Update for Killzone SF. I must say that this is also a good Killzone game, it’s just kinda different from KZ 2 and 3 ( I guess it not about official war bettween 2 races anymore ). But I still have a blast with it campaign and Multiplayer.

I’m also very happy to know that your awesome update will maybe also come with Botzone for Mercenary ( For I say, A good Handheld game ).

Please Keep up the good work and keep improve this Killzone Series. I have been a big fan of this game:D.

Hanako106 said:

March 5th, 11:19 am

I haven’t got season pass yet but I will when PSN got MGSV on the store.

Bad_Brains said:

March 5th, 11:35 am

Appreciate the reply Samrat! Sounds like a good reason to grab the Season Pass! This expansion + another expansion + co-op sounds worth it at this point.

Also wondering… When will we be able to see what the VSA and Helghast insurgent multiplayer models look like?

March 5th, 12:09 pm

Ha! Very, very soon. Keep in mind I type this as my Art Director is rendering the models off five desks away.

SmokeAdellic said:

March 5th, 11:42 am

To make Killzone Shadow Fall the best it can be bring back the infiltrator, move sharpshooter support, and the retro exo and jetpack maps from KZ3 (or heck even make new ones but I would still like some retro maps)
        Killzone Shadow Fall is the best shooter on ps4 but it is not better than KZ2 or KZ3 but it could be better than them if you bring back the charm of those features……also we need more dark gritty maps and some DEATH TO THE ISA!

Rezznak said:

March 5th, 11:48 am

THANK-YOU, Guerrilla Games! Awesome news!

Welmosca said:

March 5th, 12:00 pm

Wow free DLC?…now thats how its done Guerrilla….you guys are probably the best to make MP maps…you know on KZ3 you got all that stuff going in the background…MAWRL fighting ISA ships and etc…..no one comes close to do such amazing stuff and such great work with their MP maps.Thats real quality…I’m really looking forward to play Shadow Fall one day.Hope the online is just as amazing as KZ3.

March 5th, 12:11 pm

If you have a PS4, you can give it a go right now! Our Multiplayer Mode is free for all users this week.

tusunami said:

March 5th, 12:11 pm

Now that’s what’s up this why for a FPS I like the KZ universe, now i have to still get that season pass asap!!!!!!!!!

tusunami said:

March 5th, 12:14 pm

Also i have a question for anyone that knows, How do you switch sides on KZ Mercernaries? Or is it automatic when the teams are unbalanced.

Ma1nframe said:

March 5th, 12:21 pm

OMG Awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Beyond Excited.

Way to go GG and Sony.

Amazing

Bad_Brains said:

March 5th, 12:36 pm

Your answers keep bringing up questions! haha.

If you are still around, just curious since you mentioned the Art Director rendering their models, what program does GG use for that kind of work? Sorry, I know it’s kind of off topic.

Regardless, thanks for all the replies today! Looking forward to April.

March 5th, 12:40 pm

Sounds like a conversation had on twitter. @s3rioussam

Bad_Brains said:

March 5th, 12:42 pm

Appreciate it! Thanks Samrat!

destruction1983 said:

March 5th, 2:07 pm

Thank u guys for makin a epic game cant waitto try these epic dLc

Laporta said:

March 5th, 2:26 pm

Yeah, about the damn lag. If you can do something about it, it’d be great!

Sir_Bronius said:

March 5th, 2:32 pm

We already have multiplayer maps, where is the COOP for the season pass I’ve been waiting for over 4 months ago?! WTF

nYcFrEeWiLL82 said:

March 5th, 2:34 pm

I shall say this one time..this game looks amazing but it can get better with VEHICLES!! it could give BATTLEFIELD a run for its money!! SO SERIOUSLY SONY AND GORILLA GAMES – I KNOW I KNOW ITS NOT SPELLED THAT WAY BUT IM TOO LAZY TO FIX IT :P – GET YOUR ACT TOGETHER AND MAKE IT HAPPEN..IF THE GAME DEVS OF STARHAWK CAN DO IT SO CAN YOU!!

ncr100 said:

March 5th, 2:52 pm

Thank you, this is great news!

Q: With the Insurgent Pack for multiplayer, can I play normal all-Class Warzones or will I need to find Warzones which explicitly permit Insurgent?

To make the most of the DLC, I hope to be able to join Warzones automatically with Insurgent Class when they are configured with the three core Classes.

Curious!

March 6th, 2:21 am

You’ll be able to join all official Warzones seamlessly. Players will have to explicitly disallow the Insurgent for that Warzone for you to be unable to join it.

N7rebel said:

March 5th, 3:48 pm

It’s great to hear about the new content, and I can’t wait to try it out. Actually I’m wondering why I can’t try it out now? You say the two new maps are available to download, but every time I try to download them I get a message that say “This content cannot be selected at this time.” Why?

March 6th, 2:23 am

Could you try going to the store page for Killzone Shadow Fall and then downloading the map dlc?

supvic said:

March 5th, 7:00 pm

Killzone: Muzzle Fall. You will fall many times due to the ridiculous muzzle flare. Hope the new guns fix this.

Justp94 said:

March 5th, 7:32 pm

I HATE Killzone’s new multiplayer, it’s horrible in every way. Guerrilla Games really ruined it, Killzone 2 and Killzone 3 multiplayer were 10x better.

RaxGhost said:

March 5th, 8:22 pm

Any news regarding Killzone: Mercenary updates?

Viewtiful_Josh said:

March 5th, 9:11 pm

M82!? Awesome!! I would really love to see old weapons in this game! Honestly, the new ones don’t really “pop-out”. Except for the main gun in the story. Anyway, great update, I’m going back to Killzone!

P.S. The story, compared to the other games, is horrible. :(

Elvick_ said:

March 5th, 9:55 pm

Co-op being DLC is b/s.

How are you going to insure people play it? Co-op modes are always less populated than competitive modes in every game that includes both from the beginning. Putting a paywall on it is only going to make it WORSE.

I really hate the way this game’s DLC is handled. Free maps is nice, but at the tradeoff of new classes being DLC? Really?

Dusean17 said:

March 5th, 10:50 pm

Keep the good work up, Killzone Mercenary just got their maps as well its a good thing to see new maps with no costs to the player.You hear that people? Even more reason to get the game.

FaxininerosoTW said:

March 6th, 6:16 am

Dear all,

Hello. I like Killzone Shadow Fall a lot, playing it everyday. I have a question, when will the new maps be ready to download in the Asia store? I live in Taiwan and all my Spanish friends already got them, I am really excited to try the new maps.

Thank you.

March 11th, 4:27 am

There was an error in the Asia store process that delayed the maps. They should be live for you this week.

N7rebel said:

March 6th, 6:17 am

I’ve been to the store page and there are only 12 add-ons. There are the spotlight moves, some skins, and the season pass (which I’ve purchased) but no new maps. I’m wondering if it has something to do with my region. My region is Asia. I really want to check out the maps, but they’re no where to be found.

March 11th, 4:28 am

Maps is Asia should be live this week.

David2Crazy said:

March 6th, 7:25 am

Seriously good stuff here. I don’t think you’ve gotten enough praise for keeping all maps as free DLC – keeps the community together and playing rather than dividing. I know I usually stop playing a multiplayer game once the first paid map pack hits, because it both divides the community and makes you feel like you need to play the new maps if you decide to buy them.

But in this case I’m actually planning on buying this paid DLC. Has kept the community intact and simply given more features to those who decide to buy this. People need to support this way of thinking as it’s how all shooters SHOULD be handling multiplayer DLC.

Welmosca said:

March 6th, 9:28 am

@ Samrat Sharma

Hey thanks for your response.I don’t have a PS4 right now but I’ll buy one eventually….I saw that the MP is going free in the Store update,thats cool but I wouldn’t need the free version of the MP because Shadow Fall would be the 1st game I would buy for PS4 without doubt.

BTW I bet that no one really pay attention to the amazing details you guys put in your MP maps but I swear that sometimes I just stand there looking at the background.

ncr100 said:

March 6th, 11:40 am

@Samrat This (http://blog.us.playstation.com/2014/03/05/killzone-shadow-fall-new-multiplayer-dlc-and-maps/comment-page-1/#comment-955816) is fantastic news, thank you for the response, and thank you Guerrilla for making this SEAMLESS AND AUTOMATIC class! I am excited – and as a result just bought the Season Pass. +++

DJMathU said:

March 6th, 12:34 pm

Thank you so much for giving us the M82. This really means a lot to me. I’ve been a huge Killzone fan since KZ1 on the PS2.

Pasierbek2142 said:

March 6th, 4:57 pm

Tried to download the map pack from the Playstation Store. It downloads fine, but then it gets stuck on the “waiting to install” part. How can I fix this?

March 11th, 4:30 am

This happens if your disc is from a region different than your store. Since this is free DLC, you can create a free PSN account for the region your disc is from, download and install the maps, and then it should work fine with your main account.

PAGE 1 2