PS4 - Destiny

A Message From Jack Tretton

Jack Tretton's Avatar + Posted by Jack Tretton on Mar 06, 2014 // President & CEO

PlayStation Nation,

It is with mixed feelings that I inform you that I will be stepping down as President and CEO of SCEA effective March 31, 2014. This is a result of a mutual agreement with SCEA, and I leave knowing that the PlayStation brand has never been stronger, PlayStation 4 momentum continues to accelerate, and the future will only get brighter for our gamers.
Serving PlayStation fans for the past 19 years has been one of the most rewarding experiences in my career. Your passion for gaming inspired me every day.

I want to thank you for constantly pushing PlayStation to deliver breakthrough gaming and entertainment experiences, and to never settle for “good enough.” The embodiment of this commitment can be found in the PS4, which has quickly become the #1 next-gen console worldwide…thanks to you.

We’ve shared many memories over the past two decades and I’ll always be grateful for your support.

Jack Tretton

474 Comments

PAGE 1 2 3 4 10

+ BJtheLegend on March 6th, 2014 at 1:01 pm said:

damn, sad to see you go!

+ FrankenCelery on March 6th, 2014 at 1:02 pm said:

Sad to see you go Mr. Tretton. I wish you well in the next part of your journey.

+ Sum-Mischief on March 6th, 2014 at 1:02 pm said:

Jack , you will be missed …! Thanks for all the E3 memories … Be well!

+ Kedaro on March 6th, 2014 at 1:03 pm said:

don’t forget about us.

+ minameissteve on March 6th, 2014 at 1:04 pm said:

Thank you for your years of service, Jack. There’ve been a few stumblings in the past, but it seems like you guys always find a way to get back on top, and focus on the experiences and the gamers. Its sad to see you go, but I have faith the PlayStation brand will continue to grow and excel over the coming years.

+ nhfe47q1sxz on March 6th, 2014 at 1:04 pm said:

Sad news for us, but huge thanks and good luck in the future Jack

+ DrApollo on March 6th, 2014 at 1:05 pm said:

Bummer. Really liked Jack T:(

+ reson8er on March 6th, 2014 at 1:05 pm said:

Jack you are and always will be a classy individual. As a PS fan from 9/9/95 to present, its been fantastic having you represent the brand and the PS perspective. May your days outside of Sony be as rewarding and fulfilling.

My sincere best wishes to you and your family. You will be missed.

+ Wtfman90 on March 6th, 2014 at 1:07 pm said:

Well this sucks!! You can’t leave yet! Ps4 has only been out for like 3 months! We’ll miss you jack!!

+ Lodi16B on March 6th, 2014 at 1:07 pm said:

Sorry to see you go, Jack. Good luck to you…

+ XxMike466xX on March 6th, 2014 at 1:07 pm said:

Thank you for everything you’ve done for the Playstation Nation.

I wish you the best of lucks Jack.

+ Hycotuss on March 6th, 2014 at 1:07 pm said:

Thank you Mr. Tretton for all your hard work over the last two decades. I have been a playstation fan since PS1 and have always loved seeing you host the E3 Press Conferences, I am sad that you won’t be there this year. Last year was amazing and I know this year won’t be nearly as exciting without you.

Best wishes to you and your’s.

+ Manifest37 on March 6th, 2014 at 1:07 pm said:

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!
Please tell us you’re moving up in the ranks, Jack!?!?!?

+ CloudStrife768 on March 6th, 2014 at 1:08 pm said:

Idiots on the internet will have their little field day, but you’ve done so much for the Playstation brand that I, as a longtime Playstation fan, want to thank you for all your hard work and true dedication for the brand. Also, your moment at the end of the Sony conference at E3 2013 might go down as the single greatest moment of come out of all E3s. Thank you for that

+ HaKkErO on March 6th, 2014 at 1:08 pm said:

Love you Jack! Best of luck to you.

+ EJ25VF34GD7 on March 6th, 2014 at 1:09 pm said:

NOooooooooooOoOOOoOoOooOOoOoooOooooOooooooooooOoOOOoOoOo

Best of luck to you Jackie T. We’ll miss you.

+ Parapraxis on March 6th, 2014 at 1:10 pm said:

You will be missed Jack!
You have made the last few E3′s an amazing experience, and you always did the PS fans proud!
You are THE man.
Best of luck in your future endeavours.

+ naruto9876__ on March 6th, 2014 at 1:11 pm said:

Best of luck Jack Tretton hopefully your still come to E3 this year so everybody can see you on stage again you will be missed T_T

+ TomatoDragon on March 6th, 2014 at 1:11 pm said:

Take care, Jack. It’s like saying goodbye to a long time friend.

+ maxcoronel2014 on March 6th, 2014 at 1:11 pm said:

Sad news. But I really hope it is for the best. The best for you and your family in the first place, and then anything else. Thank you for bringing so much to the gaming industry.
Let us hope SCE keep giving latin americans the respect an care this man gave to us.

+ Axecution on March 6th, 2014 at 1:11 pm said:

amy hennig now this? :o

+ Monterossa on March 6th, 2014 at 1:12 pm said:

In my opinion, the PlayStation brand is weaker than ever since Sony westernized their consoles and a lot of good Japanese games were left behind, unlocalized. Your golden era was the PS2 & PSP era, both systems had tons of good games and also had Japanese games localized especially the PSP. you know why the Vita is such a flop in the western market while it’s doing fine in Japan? because it doesn’t have enough games since western developers don’t care about handheld devices and you don’t localize Japanese games.

If Japanese publishers have no money to localize their games then Sony should have pay them and help them. see your competitors, they paid developers to localize and even pay them to make games exclusively to their systems.

Good luck for you, Mr.CEO and I hope the new CEO will do something to fix the dark age of Japanese games lovers.

oh… and please release the Vita TV in the west.

ps. not sure why my comment got deleted. I don’t think it’s offensive but I’ve fixed something up and hope it’s not going to be removed again.

+ Dante3Rebellion on March 6th, 2014 at 1:13 pm said:

We’ll never forget you Jacky T.
We love you, thanks for everything you do for us.

+ honkayjeezus on March 6th, 2014 at 1:13 pm said:

That is sad news. Loved watching you at E3 every year, this is a big loss for Playstation.

+ FredNation on March 6th, 2014 at 1:14 pm said:

I’m puzzled and shocked to read this news. I can hear the song playing in the background already… “Every time I think of you, I always catch my breath; and I’m still standing here and you’re miles away, and I’m wondering why you left… misssing you”.

Have fun Mr. Tretton. Enjoy your next adventure.

+ IINathan_DrakeII on March 6th, 2014 at 1:15 pm said:

Mr Tretton

Thank you for being awesome and listening to the gamers, you will be missed hopefully we will see you at E3 with Geoff Keighley as a special guest as Sony’s E3 wont be the same with you!

+ Manetheren17 on March 6th, 2014 at 1:16 pm said:

I salute you, good sir.

+ mikemill on March 6th, 2014 at 1:17 pm said:

NNNOOOOOOOO!!!! Say it ain’t so Jack!! I’ve always been a big fan of Jack Tretton, he always seemed very genuine to me and understood us, the core gamer audience. Best of luck and well wishes on his next endeavor, he will be missed!!!

+ presidentevil40 on March 6th, 2014 at 1:18 pm said:

Thank You for everything Jack!We will miss you!!!!

+ FearMonkey on March 6th, 2014 at 1:20 pm said:

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

Gonna miss you, Jack! You were great! Good luck in all your future endeavors. :(

+ BNast7 on March 6th, 2014 at 1:22 pm said:

You rock Jack. Best of luck out there.

+ CaruthK on March 6th, 2014 at 1:23 pm said:

WTF Sony 1st Phill Harrison now Jack… Don’t let Jack go….

+ skelekian on March 6th, 2014 at 1:23 pm said:

We will miss you so much jack, i hope that you live a good life.

+ KidKadaj on March 6th, 2014 at 1:23 pm said:

Ah, man! I hate to see you go, Jack. I always looked forward to E3 for your press conference speeches. You’re one cool dude and you’ll be missed by a hell of a lot of PlayStation gamers.

+ CaruthK on March 6th, 2014 at 1:24 pm said:

Jack you are the man I hope to see you on PSBlog again…

+ Grey_Fox007 on March 6th, 2014 at 1:24 pm said:

I’ll miss you man, good luck my brother!

+ NoGodsOnlyMan on March 6th, 2014 at 1:24 pm said:

I admired and liked jack for years

Best of lucks on your next job

+ Un0-0n3unique on March 6th, 2014 at 1:26 pm said:

This is bad :( we lost Christina Lee that hosted pulse now were losing a few president from Sony :( this is making me sad i can’t believe everyone is leaving this will make Sony weaker goodbye Jack

+ AwRy108 on March 6th, 2014 at 1:28 pm said:

Thanks for all your contributions to making the last 19 years so great for the PlayStation family of products.

+ BlueBl1zzard on March 6th, 2014 at 1:30 pm said:

Wow, I didn’t see this coming : \
It’ll be very sad to see you go Mr. Tretton. It was always very enjoyable watching your interviews and E3 presentations.
You will be sorely missed, and I wish you the best of luck in whatever lies ahead.

P.S. Is there any chance you’ll make just one more appearance on the PS Blogcast?

+ Deadpoolian on March 6th, 2014 at 1:30 pm said:

Gonna miss you, Jack! You’re an awesome dude, and I’ll never forget that speech from last year’s E3. Good luck with whatever you choose to do next!

+ Aika_Algiz on March 6th, 2014 at 1:30 pm said:

Jack plis don’t go!! :C Why T.T

+ ChuckNorris_69 on March 6th, 2014 at 1:35 pm said:

You will be missed! Best of luck!

+ KidCommando on March 6th, 2014 at 1:35 pm said:

What a bummer to hear this news.

You are such a stud Mr. Tretton and will be missed.

+ Xtream__Attitude on March 6th, 2014 at 1:37 pm said:

Best of luck in whatever you do next. Live long and prosper.

+ andremal on March 6th, 2014 at 1:37 pm said:

You’ve been a fixture in SCEA for as long as I’ve enjoyed PS Products. I’ve enjoyed watching your interviews and presentations at conferences. You’ve always exuded confidence and class. Best of luck to you in your next endeavor.

+ perrandy on March 6th, 2014 at 1:38 pm said:

sorry to read that he is going but i wish him the best his your endeavors.

+ ThakidIg on March 6th, 2014 at 1:38 pm said:

You’ll be missed by the Playstation Nation

Much success to you and whatever follows next.

+ Ubersnuber on March 6th, 2014 at 1:39 pm said:

You did good, Jack.

+ Chaoz on March 6th, 2014 at 1:40 pm said:

Good luck Jack in all your future endeavors!

PAGE 1 2 3 4 10