PS4-Watch_Dogs

A Message From Jack Tretton

Jack Tretton's Avatar + Posted by Jack Tretton on Mar 06, 2014 // President & CEO

PlayStation Nation,

It is with mixed feelings that I inform you that I will be stepping down as President and CEO of SCEA effective March 31, 2014. This is a result of a mutual agreement with SCEA, and I leave knowing that the PlayStation brand has never been stronger, PlayStation 4 momentum continues to accelerate, and the future will only get brighter for our gamers.
Serving PlayStation fans for the past 19 years has been one of the most rewarding experiences in my career. Your passion for gaming inspired me every day.

I want to thank you for constantly pushing PlayStation to deliver breakthrough gaming and entertainment experiences, and to never settle for “good enough.” The embodiment of this commitment can be found in the PS4, which has quickly become the #1 next-gen console worldwide…thanks to you.

We’ve shared many memories over the past two decades and I’ll always be grateful for your support.

Jack Tretton

474 Comments

PAGE 1 2 3 4 5 6 10

+ justaccording on March 6th, 2014 at 2:30 pm said:

Thanks Mr. Tretton for all your hard work and dedication to Sony and the Playstation brand.

+ Ademisknight on March 6th, 2014 at 2:31 pm said:

Change comes but doesn’t mean we have to like it.
Jack tretton always had that connectable personable PR ability that will sorely be missed.
Good Luck Mr. Tretton.

+ Tristan77 on March 6th, 2014 at 2:31 pm said:

My respects to Jack, he is a real American PlayStation hero and the PlayStation army will remember you always like that.

2 console generations won. Best selling console in history. Fastest selling console in history. Biggest console launch in history and the PS4 is the #1 next gen console.

You must be proud Jack, it has been a beautiful journey.

There are companies with triple the money than Sony that never make it to won a single console generation (Microsoft). Is about the passion, not the money.

+ tdog06051991 on March 6th, 2014 at 2:31 pm said:

I as a gamer started seeing your speeches during E3 and other trade shows around 2009 your speeches and ability to talk directly to people is one of the reasons I’m going towards my degree today. Good Luckk to one of the best presentors of my lifetime.

+ TLSBill on March 6th, 2014 at 2:31 pm said:

Add me to the “NNNNNOOOOoooooo!!!” posts. But anyway, cheers Jack. All the best with whatever you decide to put your mind to next!

+ zombie9 on March 6th, 2014 at 2:33 pm said:

Good luck wont ever forget you!!!! Jack T. hanks for every thing and listing to fans..

+ speedkiller1 on March 6th, 2014 at 2:34 pm said:

damn this really sucks. i hope he stays with sony as it just says hes stepping down. maybe hes going to microsoft but i hopw he stays with gaming

+ reekeecast on March 6th, 2014 at 2:34 pm said:

Wow. This is incredible.

+ thezenguy on March 6th, 2014 at 2:34 pm said:

ty JT. enjoy your time , who’s gonna take over?

+ Tommykrem on March 6th, 2014 at 2:37 pm said:

Really going to miss you, Mr. Tretton. Good luck to you going forward. You and Phil Harrison will always be the two biggest legends among hosts and CEO’s in the gaming community.

How you came back from a mediocre first hosting job at E3 and did a consistently awesome job thereafter, is something that has, and will continues to inspire me.

+ MussiBR on March 6th, 2014 at 2:39 pm said:

PLEASE STAY WITH US AND THE PLAYSTATION BRAND JACK! I PROMISS TO BUY EVERY SINGLE GAME RELEASED ON PSN!

+ dogbert784 on March 6th, 2014 at 2:41 pm said:

You better live stream your gameplays and stay in touch! You saved gaming.
We’ll miss you, Jack.

+ HeySumbode on March 6th, 2014 at 2:44 pm said:

Thanks for everything Jack. We’ll miss you.

+ MaximMicheal on March 6th, 2014 at 2:44 pm said:

Thanks for everything Jack we will miss you greatly :(
Best of luck to you in the future.

+ ReflectionistBaz on March 6th, 2014 at 2:50 pm said:

So disappointing to see you leave, Jack.

+ AbsolutionSet on March 6th, 2014 at 2:50 pm said:

Best of Luck Jack. You Will Be Missed. :(

+ Johnny_Dark_ on March 6th, 2014 at 2:51 pm said:

Thank you Mr. Tretton, we shall miss you, best wishes for the future (^_^)b

+ trapper12 on March 6th, 2014 at 2:51 pm said:

NOOOOOO! I can’t believe you’re stepping down Jack. I can say that I and all of the PlayStation nation will miss you dearly. PS2 was my first PS console and I wanted to thank you for letting me choose PlayStation 13 years ago. The games and the entertainment has really made me a bigger PlayStation fanatic than I already am today and E3 will not be the same anymore without you there.

Good luck to your future endeavors Jack,

-trapper12

+ Loy310 on March 6th, 2014 at 2:52 pm said:

Damn, I got a lump in my throat over this news. Wish you all the best Jack, so very sad to see you go.

+ Mikelarry85 on March 6th, 2014 at 2:52 pm said:

Come back Jack, E3 will not be the same without you

+ NarooN on March 6th, 2014 at 3:00 pm said:

Thanks for everything you’ve done for PlayStation these past two decades, Mr. Tretton. It’ll never be the same watching E3 without you being there! You were one of the most coolest, down-to-earth, humble and legitimately passionate individuals to ever grace this industry. I’ve been here since PS1, and you’ve been amazing ever since you began with PS back in 1995.

Whatever you decide to do next, and wherever you decide to go, you’ll have my support and I wish you much luck and happiness in your future endeavors :).

+ ZAANOS on March 6th, 2014 at 3:04 pm said:

You will be missed Jack. You gave PlayStation a humble face. Thanks for everything!

+ LeeJ55 on March 6th, 2014 at 3:06 pm said:

Jack,

Thank you for everything. You really have impacted not only Playstation, but the gaming industry as a whole. Hope we see you in some gaming role for your future adventures. Thanks again for all the great stories and games.

+ Ricen-Beans on March 6th, 2014 at 3:06 pm said:

Thanks for everything Jack!!

E3 won’t be the same without you.

+ LordRaoh on March 6th, 2014 at 3:07 pm said:

We are going to miss you Jack, during troubled times in the economy and specifically at Sony while as a whole while being flanked by competitors in the gaming industry, you are recognized as one of the key people to have helped keep the SCEA ship afloat and looking positive.

Many people can easily do their job, make decisions, go to meetings and make money for a company. Few can do it a genuine charm and style that leaves a mark in the industry they represent. You sir are one of those individuals.

As a gamer and a person who loves following technology, its companies and its people who make a difference, we applaud your service, commitment and hard work. I hope your work and presence is not only noticed by your successors but by those you will work with going forward.

E3 will not be the same without you.

+ PanTheMan16 on March 6th, 2014 at 3:08 pm said:

Jack, you are awesome, and I’m truly sad to hear that you’re leaving. I don’t know if you realize how much the gaming community likes you, but your clear passion and excitement for PlayStation really set you apart from other big gaming companies’ executives. I always looked forward to seeing you speak at E3 because you really know and care about what you’re doing and it makes us gamers feel like you and Sony are really connected in tune with gamers. You are one of the whining, prominent faces of PlayStation and you will be greatly missed. I wish you continued success at whatever you do next.
I hope that at least Kaz will stick around. I really like him as well.

+ gwarlito on March 6th, 2014 at 3:08 pm said:

Thank You Jack!! You are the best, wherever your future endeavors land, may you have enjoyment and peacefulness!

+ D-Squad3 on March 6th, 2014 at 3:09 pm said:

NOOOOOOOOOOOOO

+ Renan_Acid on March 6th, 2014 at 3:11 pm said:

You will definitely be missed, Jack. I wish you the best of luck in your future endeavors. :)

+ Ethereal on March 6th, 2014 at 3:12 pm said:

Incredibly sad to hear you go Jack. Having said that, thank you for the for all the amazing years you served the PlayStation Nation. Best of luck to you in your future endeavors.

+ clean_mod on March 6th, 2014 at 3:18 pm said:

All the best Jack. Hope you get to drop the mic where ever you do.

+ Budapesti on March 6th, 2014 at 3:20 pm said:

Jack Tretton: Sony E3 Press Conference 2013.

$100 cheaper.
Self-publishing for indies.
Plays used games.
Spycam not included.

Never forget! :)

+ Fnord on March 6th, 2014 at 3:22 pm said:

You’ll be missed, Jack. :(

+ TeamGreen615 on March 6th, 2014 at 3:24 pm said:

Best wishes to you Jack. You always seemed sincere that’s why I enjoyed listening to you. Take care my friend.

+ kdiep on March 6th, 2014 at 3:24 pm said:

Jack, you’re the coolest exec.

+ Shoryyuken on March 6th, 2014 at 3:25 pm said:

Thanks for everything!

+ AstroCyborg on March 6th, 2014 at 3:26 pm said:

jack showing class to the very end there will never be another like him in gaming period

+ bnjmmn on March 6th, 2014 at 3:28 pm said:

Good luck Jack, thanks for all the good times playstation has given me and my friends

+ sibbor on March 6th, 2014 at 3:33 pm said:

Good luck Tretton! Thank you for everything you’ve done with the PlayStation experience. Loved all my PlayStation consoles, every since I was a youth.

+ Rbrtchng on March 6th, 2014 at 3:33 pm said:

Jack Tretton is perhaps the most humble head of any gaming company ever. I have so much respect for him. Thank you for bringing gaming back to the gamers. Thank you for your laughs and on stage hooligans. You will be missed.

+ zeroskie on March 6th, 2014 at 3:35 pm said:

Thank you for everything you have done. You are a hero and I wish you the best of luck in your future endeavors.

+ QuAkEr-OaTz on March 6th, 2014 at 3:35 pm said:

Take Geoff Keighley’s incoming offer for you to be a commentator at E3 this year. We’ll miss you on stage but it will even be better if we got your input on any games on any console. Wish you the best of luck Jack.

+ GETOUTOFTHEDOOR on March 6th, 2014 at 3:35 pm said:

Hey Jack, remember E3 last year? EPIC!

Thanks for the Playstation memories, and damn. WHY YOU LEAVE?

+ Sdodge on March 6th, 2014 at 3:40 pm said:

We will all miss you! And I’m sure everyone at Sony will miss you too. I wish you the best in the future. :-\

+ BioSpock on March 6th, 2014 at 3:42 pm said:

This makes me really sad to hear. You were my favorite CEO Jack, and not because of the E3 conference. It was from all the interviews you took part in where it was clear you really are a down-to-earth and caring man, and maybe more importantly, a gamer. Going to miss hearing from you.

+ nv_Los on March 6th, 2014 at 3:47 pm said:

NO!! NOT JACK!!

+ ZeroX9876 on March 6th, 2014 at 3:47 pm said:

Out of all the gaming convention that I watched, Jack is the best presenter I ever listened too. He’s good at keeping the pace in its speeches and giving this hunger of wanting to know more!

you’ll be forever in our memories not only as the business man, but as a fellow gamer who just loves what he’s doing!

+ LucasXX on March 6th, 2014 at 3:48 pm said:

Good by Jack, thank you for all the hard work and the best of luck for your future endeavours !

I’m sure the whole PS Nation will miss you and I hope the next person to take you position is a genius, because your shoes will be hard to fill !

+ bcpower_08 on March 6th, 2014 at 3:49 pm said:

I will miss jack, although I hope the new CEO will offer great things andwiue the legacy.. I still would like to see sony making mark cerny as a CEO. ;#). Jack it was 15 years of play, and I will remember as the guy who is a legend And the best E3 ever especially last year.. U showed competition.. ;#) I really wish u Stay:#) have a wonderful future

+ mcbuttz78 on March 6th, 2014 at 3:49 pm said:

This has to be a april fool joke. No way or how jack tretton would step down in the old winter month or march 31st .. How do sony expect to replace him and with whom?

this is just a sad sad sad sad day. But thank for all you did Mr Trenton.

mcbuttz78