PS4-The Order

Watch_Dogs Coming to PS3, PS4 on May 27th, New Trailer

Michael Madavi's Avatar + Posted by Michael Madavi on Mar 06, 2014 // Content Producer, Ubisoft

We’re back online. Today, Watch_Dogs resumed communications with an all-new story trailer featuring our protagonist, Aiden Pearce, and our launch date!

Over the last few months, our development team has been working non-stop to fully realize their ambition and polish the Watch_Dogs experience to live up to gamers’ high expectations. We’ve been absolutely itching to show you more, and we’re finally ready to do just that.

In Watch_Dogs, Aiden Pearce — our clandestine vigilante — harnesses the smart city of Chicago using his smartphone. In addition to being a skilled hacker, Aiden can be quite persuasive in getting the information he needs using his wit, along with firearms, vehicles, and a stun baton.

However, in his work Aiden stumbles upon a dark underworld he was never meant to see — the cost of which takes a deadly toll on his family. Now, Aiden is hell-bent to exact his revenge on those who wronged him, and he’s using every tool at his disposal. The world he lives in is hyper-connected, with all elements of infrastructure under the surveillance and control of an omnipresent digital system — the Central Operating System (ctOS) — that Aiden has learned to manipulate at his will.

We’ve also met some of the other key players in Watch_Dogs’ story: a seductive enigma in Clara and a tinkering free-spirit in T-Bone; what remains to be seen is exactly how their paths will converge in Aiden’s quest for revenge and justice against those who wronged him. Together, they’re up against powerful moguls, ruthless crime lords, crooked cops, and other clandestine hackers — no small task.

Now, we know you’re hungry for more information. In just a short amount of time, we’ll be able to show you more of Watch_Dogs’ interweaving plot, breakthrough gameplay, and enhanced features. Trust us, it’s all fantastic. We’ll be releasing a multitude of new videos, plot pieces, and splices of information. To receive them, stay connected with Watch_Dogs on Facebook and Twitter.

Remember, everything is connected.

91 Comments   1 Reply

PAGE 1 2

+ Gorvi on March 6th, 2014 at 7:44 am said:

Well then, right on my birthday, nice. That makes three games coming on my birthday that I want (Sly Collection and MIND≒0 being the other two). :)

+ ThreeLeggedFreak on March 6th, 2014 at 7:46 am said:

And now R* announces GTAV: GOTY edition will release for PS4 on June 3rd. Man that would suck for Ubi if they did that.

+ MakoSOLIDER on March 6th, 2014 at 7:47 am said:

What drastic changed were made in the 6 months? Also that trailer is captured on last gen I assume? Doesn’t seem to look very next gen.

+ Tidusfanboy on March 6th, 2014 at 7:49 am said:

Are the PS3 and PS4 bundles coming to America?

+ chavez1138 on March 6th, 2014 at 7:50 am said:

@2 that would be so funny!

+ Vyprstryke on March 6th, 2014 at 7:54 am said:

Agreed with 3. Looks like a big visual downgrade from what was shown at e3 last year. Hope that’s the ps3 version.

+ paulogy on March 6th, 2014 at 7:54 am said:

Wow. As a movie or TV series I would most certainly watch this.

As a game, I sure hope it’s great. It certainly has the potential to be.

+ italodancemp3 on March 6th, 2014 at 8:01 am said:

As usual no Vita!?!? Is there any Vita version for the future?

+ JeRzYzFyNeSt on March 6th, 2014 at 8:01 am said:

@Michael Madavi

is this PS3 version of the game? because it looks nothing like what i expected if it is PS4 version..

you guys should state whether its PS3 or PS4 trailer..

+ tylerh1701 on March 6th, 2014 at 8:01 am said:

No console bundle like in EU?

+ JeRzYzFyNeSt on March 6th, 2014 at 8:05 am said:

so i guess the Exclusive Mission is timed since it said “First on PS” in the trailer

+ AOISHI_YAGAMI on March 6th, 2014 at 8:06 am said:

I have pre ordered since last year, i cant wait! :D

+ MakoSOLIDER on March 6th, 2014 at 8:14 am said:

@11 I think they said before that even though its timed Ubisoft has no plans to release it on other systems (same as ACIV).

+ JimmyHACK on March 6th, 2014 at 8:15 am said:

Need confirmation that digital upgrade will still be offered. People bought digital ps3 preorder forever ago expecting original launch then upgrading to ps4.

+ wBENDERw on March 6th, 2014 at 8:17 am said:

day one digital?

I cancelled my discounted ps3 disc order, to order on the psn

whens this coming take my money? =D

+ wBENDERw on March 6th, 2014 at 8:18 am said:

sorry let me append

day one digital PS4? not PS3

+ hawjboi2009 on March 6th, 2014 at 8:21 am said:

hey wBENDERw, yes sony will update it for ps4 soon as possible.. can’t wait to pre-order watch dogs in psn store whenever sony update it later.. whoo.. Watch dogs release May 27 sound great because May gonna be solid month including UFC 2014, MLB 14 the show.. i am not sure about Dying Light release date but i bet it release in April or June after E3

+ Matrix_Lion on March 6th, 2014 at 8:23 am said:

It’s about time. Thanks for the info Ubisoft.

+ wBENDERw on March 6th, 2014 at 8:27 am said:

@ hawjboi2009 oh that’s great news i cannot wait day one digital from this point on is a factor for me!

i cannot wait!!!!

+ PainOfSarrow on March 6th, 2014 at 8:27 am said:

need to get this one for sure.

+ hawjboi2009 on March 6th, 2014 at 8:29 am said:

yep wBENDERw, i love buy digital version on ps4 full games beside Indies games .. i don’t like trade ps4 games in toward purchase new release or pre-order games in future because i love having ps4 collection games on my ps4 library list

+ TwinDad on March 6th, 2014 at 8:37 am said:

A release date, yea.

+ digeythedog on March 6th, 2014 at 8:43 am said:

I hope their was some changes to the PS4 version… a upgrade in graphics at least?

+ mastorofpuppetz on March 6th, 2014 at 8:47 am said:

Why is the bundle EU only? SCEA has to step up, US is the biggest battleground.

+ jonjon0890 on March 6th, 2014 at 9:04 am said:

A Couple of questions.
Are you guys doing the PS3 to PS4 digital upgrade for Watch_Dogs?
What is file size for the digital version of Watch_Dogs on PS3/PS4?

+ boomstickbhg on March 6th, 2014 at 9:05 am said:

I’ll believe a release date from you when it’s actually out that day, won’t be pre ordering anymore, I’ll just wait for a price drop after all the crud the fans have had to go through.

This was my launch title for the PS4, thanks for the very late last minute delay after I had paid off my PS4 with no way to get the money back from the store.

I wanted to play this for so long I’m now at the point of no longer caring.

Next time do a better job of releasing the most hyped launch title for a console, at it’s launch.

+ wBENDERw on March 6th, 2014 at 9:08 am said:

@+ hawjboi2009 you think the psn version will come with the ’60 minutes of extra game play’ it should right lol?

+ iREVOLTER on March 6th, 2014 at 9:17 am said:

My guess, this is no more the most Hyped and interesting game on 2014 list. Yes, still has some hype behind it, but not like it was 2 years ago than Ubi announced it. Not sure if i’ll go with this day 1. I better go with Division ;).

+ Welmosca on March 6th, 2014 at 9:26 am said:

Hey very cool trailer….I’m looking forward to play Watch Dogs(game seems to be a rival to Assassin’s when it comes to open-world amazing game)but I really don’t care if it gets delayed….you guys can and should take your time.BTW I appreciate that you guys will release a bunch of videos but please don’t release much spoilers….focus on free roam gameplay,the previous videos you guys released are great.

PS:I don’t like that Clara girl…her tattoo is the worst possible.

+ mastorofpuppetz on March 6th, 2014 at 9:52 am said:

@26 stop crying, better to delay get the game right then rush it out.

+ cmdluke on March 6th, 2014 at 9:56 am said:

After E3 last year, when I rushed to see Watch Dogs on the first day of the show and the demo was exactly the same as the Sony Press Conference demo and they didn’t talk about anything for the game, and then the delays, I really lost interest in this game.

Now this trailer has brought me back a bit. seeing a bit more of the story side, it’s quite intriguing. I don’t have anything else on my radar for the summer so this very well could be my next game after inFamous: Second Son.

+ caiomenudo13 on March 6th, 2014 at 10:05 am said:

Great trailer! I lost the hype after the delay but this trailer got it all back. This is definitely going to be the game i’m going to play after Infamous Second Son. Kinda disappointed with the graphics though, I hope this trailer was made on the PS3 version.

@8 sorry man, but the vita could never run this game, so i’m pretty sure that there is not going to be a version for this console.

+ PainOfSarrow on March 6th, 2014 at 10:20 am said:

also great trailer. to gangsta, hope its as good as it looks. watch dogs is hyped up to the core.

+ Falaut on March 6th, 2014 at 10:28 am said:

I hope that gameplay was from last gen version, because if its not it seems like a downgrade from what I’ve seen up to this point.

+ LUCIFERSGLEAM on March 6th, 2014 at 10:29 am said:

Wow the graphics have taken a major hit.

+ From_Concentrate on March 6th, 2014 at 10:39 am said:

Sorry to say but i’ve cancelled my pre-order. May pick it up after the price drop if i’ve got nothing else to play.

+ MussiBR on March 6th, 2014 at 10:46 am said:

Please, seriously, tell me that this is a PS3 trailer!
If this is a PS4 trailer, the 6 months was to downgrade the game?

+ Senjutsu_Dav on March 6th, 2014 at 11:04 am said:

@#2: It wouldnt change a thing I’m sure. GTAV was nice first then ok at best after a while. Nothing compared the the others. Also, they won’t change the graphics if they do a GTAV goty edition for PS4, they would surely simply upgrade the resolution and some small tweeks, nothing more or the cost would be too high to get profitable.

For the topic: Wow It’s looking awesome! Frankly after I finished GTAV I didn’t wanted another sandbox type game. But this trailer got me going again, I’m now really happy that I pre-ordered this baby!

PS: The games I’ll play all summer? Infamous Second Son and Watch Dogs! ^_^

+ FearMonkey on March 6th, 2014 at 11:13 am said:

Add me to the list of people hoping the footage in the trailer was from the PS3 version. That’s a severe downgrade if those are from the PS4 version.

Also, interesting to note that even in Chicago there are French Canadians. :p

+ EvoAnubis on March 6th, 2014 at 11:21 am said:

Sounds good to me; this is the game that made me want to get a current gen system in the first place and the sooner I can play it, the happier I’ll be.

Any chance of us getting a demo before launch?

+ Junguler on March 6th, 2014 at 11:24 am said:

finally, but still to much of a wait, release it already.

+ Kchow23 on March 6th, 2014 at 11:27 am said:

I hope the delay was worthwhile! Can’t wait to finally play :)

+ D-E-L-T-A on March 6th, 2014 at 11:33 am said:

Well I hope by the time this game comes out the price has dropped back to $59.99 for us Canadians because if not, this will be one more game that I will not be buying new ! This is BS Canadian Government

+ tusunami on March 6th, 2014 at 11:40 am said:

Say what this game is too hype, I like that multiplayer games are getting a twist to them. With Kz Shadowfall,Watch Dogs, Evolve, Destiny, Titanfall. Bringing completely new experiences to multiplayer besides the same ol thing.

+ dodgedoors on March 6th, 2014 at 11:44 am said:

@Boomstick, normally I think that when you are mad you go a little over the top with your criticism but I must agree with you here. with all the time that passed I will wait for a sale. It was going to be Day 1 with the system.

+ D-Squad3 on March 6th, 2014 at 12:06 pm said:

What happened to the graphics? The debut looked so much better. :(

+ MarinoBrea on March 6th, 2014 at 12:16 pm said:

This is not the same game you revealed last E3 and the E3 before it. That game was worth $60 on Nov.22, 2013. This one is looking more like $30 right now.

+ diablo103 on March 6th, 2014 at 12:19 pm said:

WOW what happened?? This game looks like rubbish. It looks like there has been a significant downgrade in graphics. AC3 all over again.

+ pablofsi08 on March 6th, 2014 at 12:45 pm said:

Skilled hacker out for revenge? I don’t like this character.

+ gamerholic on March 6th, 2014 at 12:47 pm said:

That trailer is showing the PS3 version of the game guys, calm down.

PAGE 1 2