PS4 - Transistor

Destiny of Spirits Coming to PS Vita March 25th

Kumi Yuasa's Avatar + Posted by Kumi Yuasa on Mar 07, 2014 // Producer, SCEA

We are happy to announce that Destiny of Spirits will be launching in North America exclusively on PS Vita on March 25th, 2014. Other regions will also be releasing the game around the same time, so you’ll be able to start playing and making friends around the world. We hope everyone has a chance to play Destiny of Spirits, as it is a fun, addictive RPG-ish strategy game that gives true meaning to having friends around the world. If you haven’t heard of Destiny of Spirits, check out the trailer below!

What’s New

Thanks to everyone’s contribution during the Closed Beta Test in October last year, we were able to collect valuable feedback and spend time to improve gameplay and game balance! Here are some new and improved features that came out of our beta feedback:

• Reduced load time and increased gameplay speed
  • Increased spirit levels to allow for deeper spirit progression
  • Increased number of spirit slots to allow players to have a greater variety of spirits
  • Numerous Spirit Point requirement updates that allow your Spirit Points to go further

Destiny of Spirits on PS VitaDestiny of Spirits on PS Vita

Importance of friends in Destiny of Spirits

You will truly experience the benefits of having friends around the world in Destiny of Spirits. The more friends you have, the better off you will be in-game! Having friends in Destiny of Spirits has a number of advantages, so go play and make a lot of friends all over the world. Interaction with fellow players from around the world will enable you to trade spirits and obtain unique Spirits only available in certain regions – your friends in Japan and Europe will have an entirely different set of Spirits that you’ll want to get a hold of to use in battle!

Destiny of Spirits on PS Vita

We’re dedicated to improve the game even after launch, so we will continue to listen to your valuable feedback. Please feel free to share your thoughts after playing the game too, we’re always listening.

Please stay tuned for more information about the game and future events for Destiny of Spirits!

PAGE 1 2

+ ctorretta on March 7th, 2014 at 9:05 am said:

Cool! Had just been thinking about this. Any perks for players who were in the Beta? I was weirdly addicted to it!

+ Yuranium on March 7th, 2014 at 9:05 am said:

Yay! Finally releasing. All I have to say is March has toooooooooooooo many games release. I can’t play them all.

+ Sharingan_itachi on March 7th, 2014 at 9:14 am said:

What about Soul Sacrifice Delta?

+ Mobius2525 on March 7th, 2014 at 9:18 am said:

Was in the beta and love it, but too many games are coming out this month my wallet can not handle it.

Kumi Yuasa's Avatar

+ Kumi Yuasa on March 7th, 2014 at 9:38 am said:

It’s free to play, so please come back and play!

+ Valde_zerocool on March 7th, 2014 at 9:19 am said:

I loved the Beta oh so very much, I can’t wait!

+ Christian399 on March 7th, 2014 at 9:45 am said:

That actually looked better with the new trailer. The boss battles and effects look great. Even a couple of frames of animation for each of the portrait sprites might have been a good idea, though. I’ll check it out and spend some money if the game play is good though.

Any word on SS: Delta? Freedom Wars too. I know those may not be your games or department, but Western Vita fans are quite into niche and Japanese games. I think the software sales tell that story as well. So we really want those games over here, please and thanks! :)

Keep up the good work.

+ Kieferw on March 7th, 2014 at 9:46 am said:

On my birthday PlayStation you rock!

Kumi Yuasa's Avatar

+ Kumi Yuasa on March 7th, 2014 at 11:04 am said:

Happy early birthday! Hope to see you in-game on your birthday. :)

+ BlueBl1zzard on March 7th, 2014 at 10:02 am said:

Huh, my name us orange now….cool

Yeah, I participated in the beta, and I’m not usually one for these types of games, but it was strangely addictive. Like, VERY addictive. So I for one will be very excited pick this up come the 25th.

And if I remember correctly, they said our saved data from the beta won’t carry over into the full game, correct?

Kumi Yuasa's Avatar

+ Kumi Yuasa on March 7th, 2014 at 11:17 am said:

Save data from the beta test won’t carry over unfortunately. Please have a fresh start, and I’m sure you’ll catch up very quickly!

+ lisatsunami on March 7th, 2014 at 10:06 am said:

That was a beautiful trailer. So this is an MMO on the Vita? That’s amazing, if so.

+ liammill18 on March 7th, 2014 at 10:08 am said:

I really hope you guys will add a creature compendium at some point, that kind of “Collect ‘em all” ideal really gets me going, but I know it wasn’t in the beta.

Kumi Yuasa's Avatar

+ Kumi Yuasa on March 7th, 2014 at 11:11 am said:

Thank you for your feedback. We’re always listening to improve the game, so please provide your thoughts anytime.

+ snakeman07 on March 7th, 2014 at 10:11 am said:

Finally! I’ve been waiting for this to re-appear. I had a blast participating in the beta. This game is one of the most addicting things I’ve ever played. I hope there are more features/enhancements/tweaks that are not mentioned here, but all in all I can’t wait to get my hands on this again. Gotta get that Yellow Body!

Kumi Yuasa's Avatar

+ Kumi Yuasa on March 7th, 2014 at 11:15 am said:

Glad you found your favorite Spirit during the beta! Hope you can get it again and see you in game on 3/25.

+ perrandy on March 7th, 2014 at 10:48 am said:

free to play you say,kumi?i’m in! but what if you dont have any friends?serious question here

Kumi Yuasa's Avatar

+ Kumi Yuasa on March 7th, 2014 at 12:56 pm said:

Yes, free to play indeed! :D

Finding friends in Destiny of Spirits is easy. The game will provide you a list of highly compatible players each day based on your daily fortune. So send friend request using the list and make friends all over the world!

+ Pabloo1010 on March 7th, 2014 at 10:59 am said:

That Beta was soo addicting. Played it every morning and night like a junkie. I’m so excited for this. For the sequel, I hope it’s so successful than you can hire enough animators to keep the 2d style of the artwork and add animations for the attacks. I’d buy that for full price.

+ TEVIN-THE-KING on March 7th, 2014 at 11:02 am said:

looking at this kinda feels like Pokemon I’m in can’t wait

+ snakeman07 on March 7th, 2014 at 11:21 am said:

@#12 This game doesn’t require you to have friends on your PSN friends list. Rather, it’s all done in-game. You can see people in the leaderboards, trade section, etc…and add them from there. They won’t go to your actual friends list on the Vita. That is, if it’s the same as the beta, which it will be, because you’ll be gaining a lot of friends :D

+ BlueBl1zzard on March 7th, 2014 at 11:21 am said:

@Kumi Ok thanks, I was just making sure.

@perrandy You don’t need friends to play this, and everyday (I believe it was everyday) you can choose someone from a list of players to have some kind of link with. This grants you a free spirit to have and your link partner gives you bonuses and such throughout the day.

@Pabloo1010 +1 for that idea. I would be so down for a version with animated attacks and such.

+ mastorofpuppetz on March 7th, 2014 at 11:22 am said:

vita is doing well in japan, but nowhere else. SCEA dropped the ball bug time with vita.

+ Mando44646 on March 7th, 2014 at 11:31 am said:

Super skeptical of freemium games, especially if there are microtransactions involved. I’d rather buy all the content up front to avoid that. Thats why I stay away from phone games…

+ DasRequiem on March 7th, 2014 at 11:39 am said:

This looks like something I might enjoy, but I’m not sure I understand what it is exactly. Since it’s free to play, I’ll be giving it a try.

+ MrWalterCool on March 7th, 2014 at 12:00 pm said:

A must play game. Indeed

+ EddyC__ on March 7th, 2014 at 12:14 pm said:

Missed the Beta due to no Vita but final glad to see this has a release date. Looking forward to it.

+ thecontroller92 on March 7th, 2014 at 12:29 pm said:

any news on freedom wars and over my dead body 2?

+ mcksalg on March 7th, 2014 at 12:34 pm said:

Will a constant network connection be required for this or will this Async once I connect? I play a lot of Blood Brothers RPG and this is the exact same thing, looking forward to jumping into events with allies. Can we sell our spirits in some sort of ingame store to other players for res?

+ mcksalg on March 7th, 2014 at 12:37 pm said:

Also how will evolving spirits work, aside from HP ATK and SPD anything else changes as you level up? Does appearance or skills change?

+ WolfyHopeless on March 7th, 2014 at 1:20 pm said:

@17 that’s a matter of opinion. I for one, and I know I’m not alone, am thrilled about all the japanese games coming over to the west on Vita. That’s one of the reasons I loved the DS so much was it’s wide variety of japanese titles. I’m super pumped Vita is taking up the helm for indie and japanese titles of all genres. Variety is sorely lacking in gaming imo.

+ viceforce on March 7th, 2014 at 2:04 pm said:

Heard of this game since E3 last year but a couple of question here.

1 How much memory is it going to cost me. Game may be free to play but it’s going to cost us some memory which is (VITA)L in this gaming age.

2 Will there be trophies? I know FTP games don’t usually have trophies.

+ GeoDarky on March 7th, 2014 at 3:27 pm said:

OMG Finally! not two days ago i tweeted you guys asking about the game been waiting for the full release since i got addicted to it during the beta, Thanks!

+ tusunami on March 7th, 2014 at 4:09 pm said:

I think i had this for a beta but missed it, sounds cool and just might try this out.

+ Unretributed on March 7th, 2014 at 4:39 pm said:

Can this game be played while not connected to the internet?

+ snakeman07 on March 7th, 2014 at 6:19 pm said:

@#29 Most likely not. The beta was online-only.

+ CommandingTiger on March 7th, 2014 at 6:29 pm said:

Oh cool, something to play for my Vita.
That’ll keep me distracted for a while.

+ Yivo_Dark on March 7th, 2014 at 7:14 pm said:

!!!!!! ^^ !!!!!!!!! To Great.

+ genius527 on March 7th, 2014 at 7:51 pm said:

It’s great that their are new ps vita games made by different companies almost everyday, and this game(Destiny of Spirts) is one of the games that are made for ps vita. Question, is there any more “NEW” online ps vita games even though i’m working on going online on my ps vita.

+ ShariusTC on March 7th, 2014 at 8:34 pm said:

any chance for platium?

+ Darnell0216 on March 7th, 2014 at 8:50 pm said:

I hate logging into the blog because it doesn’t believe in long lasting cookies but I had to log in just to say FINALLY!! I had been waiting for news on this since the beta and even tried asking @yosp for news the past few weeks when he was interactive. Can’t wait to get back into this game.

+ idn86i on March 7th, 2014 at 9:25 pm said:

Can’t wait to play this again!!! I was so sad when the beta ended >_<

+ RE_Player on March 8th, 2014 at 7:59 am said:

I fell in love with this game during the beta. Looking forward to the final release.

+ StevenBezarius on March 8th, 2014 at 9:34 am said:

played the beta, totally love it!

Looking forward to play it! :D

+ ElectricSlurpee on March 8th, 2014 at 1:41 pm said:

“The more friends you have, the better off you will be in-game!”

well, guess this can be added to the list of games i will never touch…

+ Epimetheus150 on March 8th, 2014 at 3:26 pm said:

So can I ask. Are you guys keeping the daily bonus? How heavily do we need destiny orbs compared to the beta? I managed to get into the top 90 but my team never would have made it that far without the Destiny orbs. Not because of healing but because the spirits you get without Destiny orbs are only a fraction as powerful as the ones you get with them. Even the normal SR monsters are just twice as weak as the Destiny ones or the special Gravity rush ones. (If there’s anyway to get gravity panther back for playing the beta please tell me because she was awesome.)

+ snakeman07 on March 8th, 2014 at 4:07 pm said:

@#39 It doesn’t use your PSN friends list and doesn’t add them to it, it’s all done in-game.

+ ElectricSlurpee on March 8th, 2014 at 11:53 pm said:

@41 i understand that, but the best thing about games in general is i don’t have to put up with people, same reason i stopped playing MMOs, i don’t want my success/failure to hinge on others.

+ snakeman07 on March 9th, 2014 at 12:22 am said:

@ElectricSlurpee You don’t have to have any contact with them, it’s more of a number thing than anything else. You are not forced to trade spirits and you are not forced to have any contact with friends period. Just try it out, after all, it’s free.

+ ElectricSlurpee on March 9th, 2014 at 11:11 pm said:

@snakeman07 honestly didn’t even realize it was FTP, i read the first line about friends and whatnot and i immediately checked out mentally. but considering my first vita console will be the new borderlands 2 bundle, i may not even get to it at all, even if it is free…

+ BlueBl1zzard on March 10th, 2014 at 8:58 am said:

@ElectricSlurpee That’s understandable and all, but I’d still recommended you check it out, even if you decide to play it only one time. I’d hate to see someone miss out on this fun little title without even giving it a chance.

+ XSenshi-TenshiX on March 11th, 2014 at 1:19 am said:

i just saw an article about this game on ign( BEYOND) and the game sounds intresting, so I just jumped over to the playstation blog and saw the trailer and in fact the game looks amazing. Loving the concept and feedback the beta testers wrote down. I can’t wait to play!!! Add me anyone looking for friends ready to jump in when the game releases my ps in (XSenshi-TenshiX)!

P.S. in the United States

+ PrinceofXIII on March 15th, 2014 at 1:53 pm said:

Thanks!!

+ konohasMirage on March 25th, 2014 at 6:00 pm said:

It won’t let me change my DOB in the initial menu, is that a glitch or can it not be changed?

+ rar13 on March 25th, 2014 at 10:10 pm said:

I have the same problem my DOB can not change.

+ itstheo on March 31st, 2014 at 10:51 am said:

Fist time ever I cared about the ranking system in a game. I set a goal to get into the top 1000′s. I had reached rank 2673 with 124,796 points. Then their system messed up. All the 1000′s of points I earned yesterday did not go on… Ok so you think maintenance last night would fix this.. Wrong I wake up to find now I only have 1200 points and ranked 22,000 approx.. NOOO
So I do a few more battles still no points added… Finally after a while points are added for current battles I rank 16662 with 2950 points.

What the hack. Fix your ranking system and give me back my points under “Theo” This has made me go from wanting to play the game like crazy to wanting to just drop it once I earn only the PSN trophies instead.

PAGE 1 2