LittleBigPlanet 3

PlayStation Plus: Lone Survivor: Director’s Cut Free for Members

Kristine Steimer's Avatar + Posted by Kristine Steimer on Mar 10, 2014 // Sr. Community Specialist

It’s easy to look at Lone Survivor’s art style and think it’s not going to scare you, but this game is legitimately freaky. You’ll take the role of a creeptastic guy attempting to survive in a city overrun by disease, which apparently turns you into a nasty walking ball of fleshy bits. Given the scarcity of ammo, you’ll likely be focused on hiding from the flesh monsters roaming the world versus conducting constant head-on assaults. The story unfolds based on your choices throughout the game and there are multiple endings to discover as a result. The final bonus is that this title is Cross-Buy, so PlayStation Plus members will receive both the PS3 and PS Vita versions of the game.

The Spring Fever sale continues this week with day 1 discounts on Towerfall Ascension and Vessel. The franchise portion of the sale this week focuses on Call of Duty, so check out all of the discounted bundles below.

You can download Lone Survivor: The Director’s Cut after the PlayStation Store updates tomorrow, 3/11.

PlayStation Plus 3-11-2014

PlayStation Plus: Instant Game Collection

Lone Survivor: The Director’s Cut (PS3)

Free for PS Plus members

Lone Survivor: The Director's Cut
In this psychological survival adventure, the masked protagonist must escape from a city ravaged by disease, by any means necessary. Lone Survivor: The Director’s Cut is a new kind of adventure where the choice of how to survive is up to you. Sneak through without firing a single shot, or kill everything in your path. Eat and sleep well, or resort to drugs to keep going. Search for survivors, or try to escape the city alone. Look after your mental health, or descend into madness. Lone Survivor is a game where your choices genuinely matter.

PlayStation Plus: Discounts

Call Of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 With Stimulus Package $17.99 $19.99
Call Of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 With DLC Collection 1 $62.99 $69.99
Call Of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 With DLC Collection 1 $26.99 $29.99
Call Of Duty: Modern Warfare Game Bundle: MW1+MW2+MW3 $58.49 $64.99
Towerfall Ascension $11.99 $14.99
Vessel $7.99 $9.99

Last Chance (Leaving on 3/18)

Instant Game Collection
Worms: Battle Islands (PS Vita)
Binary Domain (PS3)

Discounts
VESSEL
TOWERFALL ASCENSION
CALL OF DUTY: BLACK OPS II WITH REVOLUTION MAP PACK
CALL OF DUTY: BLACK OPS 2 AND SEASON PASS BUNDLE
CALL OF DUTY: BO1+DLC1 WITH BO2+DLC1
CALL OF DUTY: BLACK OPS WITH FIRST STRIKE
CALL OF DUTY: BLACK OPS COMPLETE BUNDLE
CALL OF DUTY: MODERN WARFARE 3 WITH DLC COLLECTION 1
CALL OF DUTY: MODERN WARFARE 3 WITH DLC COLLECTION 1
CALL OF DUTY: MODERN WARFARE 2 WITH STIMULUS PACKAGE
CALL OF DUTY 4: MODERN WARFARE BUNDLE
CALL OF DUTY: MODERN WARFARE GAME BUNDLE: MW1+MW2+MW3

If you’ve got feedback on today’s Plus update make sure vote in the poll and leave a comment below. To discuss all things PlayStation, including this update, you can also head over to the PlayStation Community Forums where you’ll find topics you can contribute your thoughts to, or start one for yourself.

PAGE 1 2 3 11

+ Ryumoau on March 10th, 2014 at 8:02 am said:

Nothing for me this week sadly.

+ megaben99 on March 10th, 2014 at 8:03 am said:

Lone Survivor will scare the living 8-bit out of you.

+ viceforce on March 10th, 2014 at 8:04 am said:

Wow there are some Call of Duty games that have decent prices this week. Who would have ever thought I see the day that ever happening.

+ liammill18 on March 10th, 2014 at 8:06 am said:

Standby for Towerfall.

+ viceforce on March 10th, 2014 at 8:06 am said:

btw you have Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 DLC Collection up twice with different prices.

+ Bcrazyman on March 10th, 2014 at 8:07 am said:

Sweet call of duty and other great stuff and can’t wait to play our free games
Also Kristine ? Is this game a cross buy or play need to know thanks!

Kristine Steimer's Avatar

+ Kristine Steimer on March 10th, 2014 at 10:27 am said:

” The final bonus is that this title is Cross-Buy, so PlayStation Plus members will receive both the PS3 and PS Vita versions of the game.” — Says in the post!

+ TeamGreen615 on March 10th, 2014 at 8:07 am said:

I’ll be playing Lone Survivor on my Vita, Thanks PS+!

+ StingrayX on March 10th, 2014 at 8:08 am said:

I have this for my pc but never played it. It will be fun on my ps3.

+ Boyanime010 on March 10th, 2014 at 8:08 am said:

Any News on a Watch Dogs Demo for PS4?

+ Dark_Yoda_313 on March 10th, 2014 at 8:10 am said:

Ah, nothing this week then. If Towerfall was online, I’d maybe go for it, but I just don’t have people round enough for couch nonsense.

Unrelated Kristine, but is there any reason for the sudden and unexplained price hike on Infamous Second Son? I actually don’t object to the increase in price itself, as it’s inevitable with the cost of making games going up all the time; but the fact that it WAS $60 on the psn for weeks and is now $70 without any reason given as to why, it’s a little jarring.

+ Thermopyle2 on March 10th, 2014 at 8:13 am said:

Why isn’t the one CoD game for Vita on sale?

+ Edd-Doloroso on March 10th, 2014 at 8:17 am said:

Lol shameful discounts. Save 5 bucks?
Also why bother buying COD? Every six months there is a new one, I dont even try to ketchup it.
(I dont catch up nor play them anymore; I dont support both Activision and EA anymoore)

+ CraddaPoosta on March 10th, 2014 at 8:19 am said:

I didn’t know that Lone Survivor was a Cross-Buy title. Sweet.

Not like I have any room left on my Vita’s memory card, though.

I hope the 64GB memory card hits the other side of the pond pretty soon.

+ yentair on March 10th, 2014 at 8:23 am said:

Nothing for me this week, but that’s not a problem. Just looking at that PS3 lineup of IGC makes me smile.
Seriously, that’s an amazing group of games, and my backlog just keeps growing.
I’ve only had time to beat Binary Domain and Brothers, and I still have a dozen other “free” games to play.
I just don’t see how Microsoft can compete with this. Sony has thrown down the gauntlet.
Thank you!

+ boomstickbhg on March 10th, 2014 at 8:25 am said:

Please stop giving us survival/horror etc.. type games.

All the IGC seems to be now is Survival, horror, creepy and FPS games with the occasional racer or fighter tossed in. Oh and don’t forget tons of Indie games we don’t want (PS4 only gets indies, oh goody).

RPGs, other sports, more action/adventure, etc…

There are a lot of genres and styles of games out there.

Please stop giving us the same type of games over and over and over (dead nation (twice!) outlast, lone survivor, don’t starve, etc… etc…. etc… (even metro being a fps was a creepy survival game)

+ TwinDad on March 10th, 2014 at 8:27 am said:

I grabbed it when it was on sale, I’m going to play it after I finish Stealth Inc.

Hopefully something that isn’t COD will also be on sale tomorrow.

+ TwinDad on March 10th, 2014 at 8:28 am said:

Interesting note that we haven’t had a sports game since NBA Blitz?

+ Yohmaru_EX on March 10th, 2014 at 8:34 am said:

Nothing for me. Ow my god, sony, where are the flash sales????? Whe want some good discounts, PLEASE!!

+ liammill18 on March 10th, 2014 at 8:35 am said:

@10
The price hike is a Canada only thing and very likely has to do with how weak the Canadian dollar is right now. Basically, if we were to buy a game now, when the money switches countries to America, approximately $6 is totally lost to the exchange rate. This happened before in 2008, and it sucked back then as well, but there’s really nothing to be done about it, unfortunately.

+ Fergi21 on March 10th, 2014 at 8:37 am said:

Why are CoD games where the multiplayer is full of hackers and glitching being sold as a bundle with all the DLC? I can’t imagine that Activision is unaware of the problems most of its previous releases are currently facing. To me it seems like an unethical business decision to try to trick people into a purchase of an almost unplayable experience. Where is the warning, “Multiplayer portion of this product is severely altered and does not include any ounce of fun due to hacking.”

+ The_1_of_Deth on March 10th, 2014 at 8:39 am said:

good stuff sony :) been waiting to pull the trigger on lone survivor but theres been too many other new releases for me to buy :P and now its free yaaaaaay!! but keep this up and ill continue to work so I can give u all my money :)

+ Dangisuckatgamin on March 10th, 2014 at 8:42 am said:

Lmao at the terrible Towerfall price.

+ Honored-Atticus on March 10th, 2014 at 8:43 am said:

Nothing is interesting this week, the last week free game Tomb Raider was the only good title for this month. April come please to see what’s new.

+ GoldenShaka on March 10th, 2014 at 8:47 am said:

Well, thanks, I wasn’t really interested in buying The lone survivor but curious about it.
The discount for Ethan is less than one dollar?? You should check that. Just saying.

+ BrianC6234 on March 10th, 2014 at 8:48 am said:

Are we going to get a podcast today? It still hasn’t shown up for last week.

Kristine Steimer's Avatar

+ Kristine Steimer on March 10th, 2014 at 10:45 am said:

That’d be a Sid question.

+ aro52 on March 10th, 2014 at 8:56 am said:

Can’t wait for TowerFall!

Wish Lone Survivor was the Vita version, but free is free.

+ ItaChu on March 10th, 2014 at 8:57 am said:

lol those CoD “discounts” are ridiculous :D … they should make the dlc packs 5 bucks and 4 bucks for ps plus like they did once with Call of Duty World at War … bought all the zombie stages when they did that :D ….still havent played them a lot >.<

+ ItaChu on March 10th, 2014 at 8:59 am said:

but thanks for last weeks Need for Speed discounts ;) bought Hot Pursuit and Most Wanted

+ Starkiller1230 on March 10th, 2014 at 8:59 am said:

I Smell A Flash Sale Coming…….

+ TimboJames on March 10th, 2014 at 9:03 am said:

@ #17Twindad

Whats even more interesting is that we haven’t had a single simulation sports title in IGC, excluding the racing games. Would be nice to see some Live/2k/Madden or whatever from the big boys. Keeping my fingers crossed for the day we see that. Still all and all I am glad to be a plus member and will continue to be as long as I can ;-)

+ easterkeke on March 10th, 2014 at 9:05 am said:

Can’t be bothered to play this on Steam because of the controls and forced full screen (might be wrong on the latter). Couldn’t justify a double dip on Vita for a game I don’t know much about (only that it’s a sprite-em-up meets Silent Hill, which sounds pretty sweet). So I’m looking forward to this :) Thanks Sony

+ xClayMeow on March 10th, 2014 at 9:07 am said:

You should really update the “Lone Survivor: The Director’s Cut (PS3)” to say “(PS3 & Vita)”

+ TimboJames on March 10th, 2014 at 9:07 am said:

P.S. Those that want a lil karma headstart on Second Son head to

Missed out on some of it but more is coming

+ iREVOLTER on March 10th, 2014 at 9:11 am said:

Every time I see a Call of Duty sale, I don’t see a sale at all. Activision should just look at other sales and try to adjust the price properly, cause really those are ridiculous prices for a sale of 3-6 old games. =\ Well I’ll take Love Survivor then.

+ DanteMerfi on March 10th, 2014 at 9:21 am said:

Just imported a Vita 64gb memory card from a Hong Kong merchant on eBay. $96 and it was home in a week. Can’t wait to fill that baby up.

+ TJF588 on March 10th, 2014 at 9:22 am said:

Lone Survivor for me from Plus this week. Ethan and Vessel I (also) have on Steam, and Towerfall Ascension (excellently self-contentious title — really meaning that; I am amused) hasn’t really hit my radar. But these sales… Good damn, anyone that would buy those at those “sale” prices would already have, I’d think. No way I’d pay so much for any of them according to their age, but then, I’m not one for FPSin’ and certainly not for real-world military-themed affairs. Still need to finish the *sigh* “single-player campaign” (back in my day, that was called “the game”) for MW2 so I can return it to my friend (he went through as much as he would of Portal 2 in exchange), but so full of “meeeh”.

+ Junguler on March 10th, 2014 at 9:24 am said:

slow week, weak sales.

+ coozm11 on March 10th, 2014 at 9:27 am said:

Please Start Showing PS4 Some MORE Love. We Should Get More Then 2 Free Games A Month Since We Have To Pay To Play ONline. This Sucks :(

+ Hanako106 on March 10th, 2014 at 9:28 am said:

After Watching the Review of Lone Survivor, I must say this is gonna be a good 2D Scary games ( if you play Corpse Party you will no what I mean ).

And Good new is, it’s gonna be cross buy – Means you could play it on the Vita ! ( Great isn’t it ? ). The Vita could finally do something without Hatsune Miku lol

Awe Man gonna wait for this update. Not to mention haven’t even finish NFS or Tomb Raider yet :(

and MGSV is coming this 18 :(

I’m getting old…

+ Teflon02 on March 10th, 2014 at 9:28 am said:

Guess that’s a way to give vita a game on week 2, sadly it’s another game I’m not interested in. Horror/survival is not for me

+ Teflon02 on March 10th, 2014 at 9:43 am said:

I know it’s not your department, but I would like you guys to know, on Music Unlimited ScHoolboy Q’s Oxymoron album, Track 11, Break the Bank. It completely cuts out at a certain point. I thought it was oddly my connection (though I have a really high speed one), but I played the album 3 times so far and the same part,it goes silent (I own the actual album so I know it shouldn’t do that). Hopefully this can be fixed, it’s one of my all time fav albums and I hate that a great song like that gets cut like that (I think 1 more song cuts earlier but I can’t remember which)

+ jgrizzle358 on March 10th, 2014 at 9:46 am said:

Why do people say “nothing for me this week” instead of actually TRYING the free game? I mean… IT’S FREE. Who knows, you may like it.

+ Monterossa on March 10th, 2014 at 9:48 am said:

do more PSP sale.

+ DecadanceFantasy on March 10th, 2014 at 9:49 am said:

Lone Survivor is looking pretty good for my Vita. I’ll be sure to try it out Tuesday. Or at least download it, as I’ll be playing Atelier Escha and Logy that day. Loving Plus, it’s great!

+ Senjutsu_Dav on March 10th, 2014 at 9:54 am said:

I really hope we’ll be able to play the PS3 free games using Playstation Now on PS4 when it launches. There are TONS of PS3 games but not much PS4 love. I can’t wait for Drive Club, they said it would have a “PS+ Version”. We’ll see. But playing our ps3 digital content on ps4 is a must frankly.

+ WanyaRolf on March 10th, 2014 at 10:17 am said:

hahahaha those cod sales. gotta love them. Seven year old game, 2 bucks discount. Well, someone must still be buying those.

Lone survivor is an interesting game. Got it on sale, on lauch.

+ PainOfSarrow on March 10th, 2014 at 10:33 am said:

nothing gets me more excited then logging on to ps blog and seeing a Flash Sale post. Luv that ish. been a good few sales for the last few weeks on here. nothing for me this week though. i have ps plus trial, i dont care for rental games but the discounts are just to good.

+ BlueBl1zzard on March 10th, 2014 at 10:58 am said:

Picked up Lone Survivor with the Curve Mega Bundle, but have yet to try it out. I should really get on that…

@BrianC6234 In the “This Week in Playstation” post Justin Massongill said there will not be a blogcast episode this week (well, last week).

@boomstickbhg To be fair, even with the large number of shooters and fighters, the IGC has been kinda mixing it up with the genres lately. Tomb Raider, DMC a little while back, Smart As, Brothers, and don’t forget Monster Hunter (whoo!) coming later this month. I’m sure there are more, but those are just ones I remember off of the top of my head.

+ JackmoveJohnny on March 10th, 2014 at 11:28 am said:

I’ve had the Lone Survivor since the week it came out…The game is awesome, and I encourage all plus members to play it!

+ boomstickbhg on March 10th, 2014 at 11:32 am said:

When the Canadian dollar was much stronger than the US, we didn’t pay less for games.

So for those saying the weaker Canadian dollar is why some games like infamous go up 10$ are wrong. Otherwise the opposite would have happened when the dollar was the stronger one.

Besides which it’s only some merchants, and some games/devs raising prices while other games/sellers stay at normal prices.

Basically infamous/sony is doing a price gouge on Canadians because they can. The value of the dollar means nothing, or when it was stronger we would have paid less, etc…

PAGE 1 2 3 11