No Man's Sky

PlayStation Plus: Lone Survivor: Director’s Cut Free for Members

Kristine Steimer's Avatar + Posted by Kristine Steimer on Mar 10, 2014 // Sr. Community Specialist

It’s easy to look at Lone Survivor’s art style and think it’s not going to scare you, but this game is legitimately freaky. You’ll take the role of a creeptastic guy attempting to survive in a city overrun by disease, which apparently turns you into a nasty walking ball of fleshy bits. Given the scarcity of ammo, you’ll likely be focused on hiding from the flesh monsters roaming the world versus conducting constant head-on assaults. The story unfolds based on your choices throughout the game and there are multiple endings to discover as a result. The final bonus is that this title is Cross-Buy, so PlayStation Plus members will receive both the PS3 and PS Vita versions of the game.

The Spring Fever sale continues this week with day 1 discounts on Towerfall Ascension and Vessel. The franchise portion of the sale this week focuses on Call of Duty, so check out all of the discounted bundles below.

You can download Lone Survivor: The Director’s Cut after the PlayStation Store updates tomorrow, 3/11.

PlayStation Plus 3-11-2014

PlayStation Plus: Instant Game Collection

Lone Survivor: The Director’s Cut (PS3)

Free for PS Plus members

Lone Survivor: The Director's Cut
In this psychological survival adventure, the masked protagonist must escape from a city ravaged by disease, by any means necessary. Lone Survivor: The Director’s Cut is a new kind of adventure where the choice of how to survive is up to you. Sneak through without firing a single shot, or kill everything in your path. Eat and sleep well, or resort to drugs to keep going. Search for survivors, or try to escape the city alone. Look after your mental health, or descend into madness. Lone Survivor is a game where your choices genuinely matter.

PlayStation Plus: Discounts

Call Of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 With Stimulus Package $17.99 $19.99
Call Of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 With DLC Collection 1 $62.99 $69.99
Call Of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 With DLC Collection 1 $26.99 $29.99
Call Of Duty: Modern Warfare Game Bundle: MW1+MW2+MW3 $58.49 $64.99
Towerfall Ascension $11.99 $14.99
Vessel $7.99 $9.99

Last Chance (Leaving on 3/18)

Instant Game Collection
Worms: Battle Islands (PS Vita)
Binary Domain (PS3)

Discounts
VESSEL
TOWERFALL ASCENSION
CALL OF DUTY: BLACK OPS II WITH REVOLUTION MAP PACK
CALL OF DUTY: BLACK OPS 2 AND SEASON PASS BUNDLE
CALL OF DUTY: BO1+DLC1 WITH BO2+DLC1
CALL OF DUTY: BLACK OPS WITH FIRST STRIKE
CALL OF DUTY: BLACK OPS COMPLETE BUNDLE
CALL OF DUTY: MODERN WARFARE 3 WITH DLC COLLECTION 1
CALL OF DUTY: MODERN WARFARE 3 WITH DLC COLLECTION 1
CALL OF DUTY: MODERN WARFARE 2 WITH STIMULUS PACKAGE
CALL OF DUTY 4: MODERN WARFARE BUNDLE
CALL OF DUTY: MODERN WARFARE GAME BUNDLE: MW1+MW2+MW3

If you’ve got feedback on today’s Plus update make sure vote in the poll and leave a comment below. To discuss all things PlayStation, including this update, you can also head over to the PlayStation Community Forums where you’ll find topics you can contribute your thoughts to, or start one for yourself.

PAGE 1 2 3 4 5 6 11

+ TalynnStrike on March 11th, 2014 at 4:14 pm said:

Wow, come on to see if there was a post about why store’s late today and we have 2 testosterone induced fools arguing over video games and cyber bullying each other.

Wonder if either one of them realize cyber bullying is a crime now.

And then again ya know right over on the right hand side it clearly states, “we encourage you to keep the conversation going in a relevant, constructive way. Remember: no swearing, fighting,”

+ zuvi-chan on March 11th, 2014 at 4:25 pm said:

I hoped to leave lone survivor downloading while I went to work but I guess it didn’t update as soon as usual :(
I guess I will have to do this when I come back and play tomorrow!

+ rabidninjamonky on March 11th, 2014 at 4:49 pm said:

@153 zuvi-chan Lone Survivor is only 216 MB, so it should only take about 5 minutes to download. The bigger problem is that the store update looks like it’s going to be very late. It doesn’t even look like they’ve started yet! They still have the sales from last week, usually those are removed by noon. Oh well, I’m about to go watch Nonstop at the movie theater, hopefully it will be updated by the time i’m home. Anyone see Nonstop yet? Is it any good?

+ theXsilentXchild on March 11th, 2014 at 4:56 pm said:

Doubt there will be a store update today. It 8pm eastern time here and doesn’t look like anything has changed. They won’t let us know either.

+ UnholyBahamut on March 11th, 2014 at 5:01 pm said:

I knew this week update would take time when I saw the new about the PSN maintenance being made so close to the store update.

+ shaftymcnasty1 on March 11th, 2014 at 5:04 pm said:

Agreed, it’s looking very unlikely we are getting an update today. I think the only new thing on the store is Dark Souls 2. I was hoping to get to try Lone Survivor this afternoon, maybe it will be up when I get home from work tomorrow.

+ iREVOLTER on March 11th, 2014 at 5:22 pm said:

Were is the Update ? Just DS2 and that it for us ? =\

+ Upaut_the_wolf on March 11th, 2014 at 5:44 pm said:

I expected a late Store update as usual, but this is more ridiculous than arguing with an ex over Lara Croft’s chest size.

+ UltimaWeaponFF13 on March 11th, 2014 at 6:02 pm said:

LeLz, what a late update today…I’ve notice you guys have been slacking big time with the store updates..Used to be ready 3pm EST…Months ago, now we’re lucky if i see it 6pm est…but today its 9pm est and nothing yet…Looks like i’m going to bed without getting to play Lone Survivor. QQ Can we get an extra game for the delay?? :P

+ ItsCiga on March 11th, 2014 at 6:17 pm said:

Is it out yet?

+ Lightning-lc on March 11th, 2014 at 6:25 pm said:

Twitter: “PlayStation Store: Apologies for the delay on today’s publish, we’re working on it and will provide an update as soon as possible”

+ Dr-Jones104 on March 11th, 2014 at 6:33 pm said:

Nothing really catching my eyes this week. Although I find it funny the store has not been updated yet .

+ Pr3ttyB0yGotti on March 11th, 2014 at 6:37 pm said:

For being so late with store update we should get a additional discount do the know u can get black ops 1 with first map pack for $20 or less brand new most cod games are under $20 now and black ops 2 $30 to $40 i want black ops 1 with all dlc n mw2 but depends on pricing $95 for black ops 1 with all dlc is way to much put it to $50 and ima buy it like dome on cod ghosts is $39.99 its not that bad of a game just different from alot of cod games

+ PainOfSarrow on March 11th, 2014 at 6:39 pm said:

Lightning-lc , good looks on that.

+ Pr3ttyB0yGotti on March 11th, 2014 at 6:39 pm said:

Any one got any older call of duty games with map packs too? Let me know i wood buy a game n gameshare it with u if u can gameshare them with me who wants final fantasy lightning returns? I’ll buy it

+ Pr3ttyB0yGotti on March 11th, 2014 at 6:40 pm said:

My PSN ID Is Pr3ttyB0yGotti the 0 in B0y Is A Zer0 if You got any of those dont hesitate im serious about this

+ Barrium15 on March 11th, 2014 at 6:58 pm said:

Waiting for Monster Hunter on my PS Vita

+ sergeantawesome on March 11th, 2014 at 7:01 pm said:

PS Store has not updated yet, and its 8pm where I am at.

+ Pr3ttyB0yGotti on March 11th, 2014 at 7:07 pm said:

10pm here pretty annoyed lol

+ Prc_No9 on March 11th, 2014 at 7:37 pm said:

Dear Sony thank you for putting Dark Souls 2 on the store for those of us too poor to get it.

Yet no freebie for PS+ subscribers boohoo.

I demand some kind of a discount for my stress, The Last Of Us for free next month would work hehe.

+ Frequently_Blaze on March 11th, 2014 at 7:44 pm said:

OK its 15mins to 11pm when are you updating the dang store

+ shikigami78 on March 11th, 2014 at 7:51 pm said:

10m minutes to 11 no update

+ theXsilentXchild on March 11th, 2014 at 7:55 pm said:

5 minutes till 11pm… still no update

+ joufes on March 11th, 2014 at 8:02 pm said:

night folks, im going to bed. GL to the peeps waiting up for w/e u guys are waitin for

+ mr_guerra on March 11th, 2014 at 8:14 pm said:

Any news on the time the store will be updated? I still don’t see Lone Survivor in the IGC.

+ mr_guerra on March 11th, 2014 at 8:15 pm said:

Oh, I should’ve read more comments first hehe.

+ NinjaLord-Konato on March 11th, 2014 at 8:21 pm said:

Geez each week takes more & more time to update ._.
If keeps like this eventually we wil had the updates on Wednesday instead of Tuesday……. Ohh wait….

+ cowmamba on March 11th, 2014 at 8:41 pm said:

Looks like we might have to wait until tomorrow. It’s a bummer but I understand how complicated updating the store is each week. So it’s all good.

+ GummyCore on March 11th, 2014 at 8:42 pm said:

Personally I don’t mind if the store update is late due to technical reasons, it’s understandable. It’s the lack of communication that is ridiculous.

In general I find that bloggers here only ‘babysit’ their posts for an hour or so. We get replies only on the first page (many are the very easy courtesy replies, like “thanks”, “beyond!”, “try it”) and occasionally on second page, that’s all, work is done, another day in the office is over. No one at Sony reads our comments any more after an hour.

I don’t mean that it is Kristine’s job to respond to us on our store update complaints here – cos it’s obviously off-topic – just a general observation, which indicates a possible lack of dedication and commitment, and lots of room for improvement in the blog. (Perhaps my observation is wrong, then it would still be a communications problem – the problem of why the blog is giving readers such a wrong impression.)

I don’t mind late store updates here, cos in Asia we only get an update on Thursday late afternoon local time, if we are lucky. And it’s a miracle if our community manager even posts a single reply a week. So I won’t be too harsh on the US side though :)

+ DeeBG on March 11th, 2014 at 8:52 pm said:

Well, it will still be March 11th for another 6h in Hawaii… I think they will make it =). I normally wait until Wednesday before I even check for updates but I have an early medical appt. tomorrow and was hoping to snag this to keep me entertained; will have to check back in the morning.

+ Nazotchi on March 11th, 2014 at 9:03 pm said:

Well, now it’s wednesday on the east coast, and still nothing. All you’d have to do is make a post saying that it was delayed due to technical trouble. Pay your consumers a little respect.

+ BrianC6234 on March 11th, 2014 at 9:14 pm said:

First there was no podcast last week and now there’s no update this week. Is everyone on spring break?

+ BlowHound69 on March 11th, 2014 at 9:15 pm said:

It’s after 10pm and the store hasn’t updated for the week yet. What gives? Anyone else having this problem? I have shut off my system multiple times,thinking that may help but it hasn’t. I wanna play play Lone Survivor RIGHT NOW! :)

+ Andvarian on March 11th, 2014 at 9:26 pm said:

You’re not alone. 12:25am Wed here and still no tuesday update.

+ theangrystickman on March 11th, 2014 at 9:32 pm said:

still no update? must be playing titanfall.

+ DarkStar83x on March 11th, 2014 at 9:36 pm said:

Truth be told, I don’t want to get anything besides the new Plus game, but it’s still irritating they don’t communicate with us very well. Not very professional.

+ ngreatshark on March 11th, 2014 at 9:37 pm said:

Jack Tretton announces he is leaving Playstation, and the very first store update thereafter doesn’t make it out on Tuesday. Oh and Driveclub is back in DH. It’s all falling apart man.

+ lorne852 on March 11th, 2014 at 10:27 pm said:

why are you people complaing here about the store update? the people who run this blog are just messengers for sony they don’t have any control over when the update comes. that being said if you would take a 30 seconds to look around you would know that plastations twitter page gave an update 4 hours ago.

+ robertmc8 on March 11th, 2014 at 10:36 pm said:

No updated yet ;)

+ ProfessorGerbik on March 11th, 2014 at 10:47 pm said:

@ngreatshark

Speculate much? That article from IGN was missing information which has been added.

Update from Colin Moriarty “Questions about the Driveclub article seem to be missing a key sentence: “And that’s what’s going on right now with that game.” Meaning the progress is still the same since the initial delay, it isn’t being delayed any further or being taken back to the drawing board to plan over again.

They simply were speaking in past tense, explaining why they decided to delay it in the first place. That is what the article was about, not them once again scrapping the game and starting all over again. I mean seriously just think, with what we have seen of Driveclub even that is highly impressive and it was no where near finished then, you really thought they would just trash all the progress they made now and go “Back to the Drawing Board”.. Helps not to focus on such sensationalist headlines just for user hits also..

+ ProfessorGerbik on March 11th, 2014 at 10:53 pm said:

@ngreatshark

Yea it sure is all falling apart isn’t it. /s

Out of all the PS+ updates that are never this late.. People have to overreact this much?

Oh my! One update is really late, Sony must be in shambles right now! /s

Jack leaving was his own choice, did you read that as well or just the headline also? He made it pretty clear he has been working with Playstation for 19 years and wanted to do something new in his career.. What is Sony supposed to shackle the man down and force him to work with them forever…?

Some of you people come up with the most absurd speculations and assumptions from absolutely nothing.

+ honkayjeezus on March 11th, 2014 at 11:04 pm said:

Anyone complaining about cyber-bullying are in fact bullying themselves, and will be dealt with. That is all.

+ DragoNsChampioN on March 11th, 2014 at 11:24 pm said:

hey, this isnt my plus account, but we have 1 ps3 and 5 players hehe, so this is my account. i just wanted to say i too was extremely eager to play tonight. not everyone has twitter or any social networking let alone thinks to check them for comercial news. as for respect, im guessing they only have one team operating this site, and i betcha theyre in bed hahaha. the cost of paying us the respect by posting here at this hour would cost at least one new employee. i doubt anyone else has access, but you would think someone would. sadly its just not likely.

i must say we love plus! unfortunately im the only action gamer so ive been more appreciative. i really dont like sports much but perhaps mlb the show and a good/easy to play nfl game.:) sony has mixed things up well. sadly one member of our household owns a psp, but nobody else, and none of us own vita:(. we’re rather poor sadly keep up the great work sony. i wish dead nation was ps3 version too, but i wont be good at it anyway and dont do multiplayer.

+ Gemmary on March 12th, 2014 at 3:09 am said:

Latest from twitter: “We’re now targeting Wednesday for updating the North American PS Store. We’ll keep you posted, apologies for the delay”

+ PrimeroIncognito on March 12th, 2014 at 3:44 am said:

@ TalynnStrike

I’m not a cyber-bully. That’s not what I do.

It’s a waste of time to get online and post a bunch of untruthful nonsense like the guy I was arguing with was doing. I really don’t see what he gets out of making up a bunch of crap. I don’t do that, because I don’t need to. My posts are always as honest as possible. I don’t have the interest in, nor the time for anything less. You would see that if you read my posts.

Anyway, I just woke up, and I got on here to see if the store was updated, and… damn. What happened? Thanks for the post Gemmary, but does anyone know WHY the update is delayed?

+ mdawk13 on March 12th, 2014 at 5:46 am said:

@196 got to laugh after seeing your back and forth with that same guy week to week, and then you not understanding that is a waste of time also. Both of you are spamming the boards. If you want to argue, do it somewhere else for everyone elses sake bc we dont care.

+ PrimeroIncognito on March 12th, 2014 at 6:03 am said:

@ mdawk13

While I agree that going back and forth with a knucklehead like that is ultimately a waste of time, telling the truth is not a waste of time. Neither is defending myself or others from unprovoked attacks. And that’s what I focus on.

As far as for arguing elsewhere, well, I did try to get him to meet me in public and prove his claims (I even gave him an address), but he declined, unsurprisingly.

Believe me, I’d rather not argue with anyone at all. But when people purposely post negative things just to ruin the fun vibe, I feel like I have to speak up. Imagine if no one ever stood up to troublemakers. This site would be overrun with them by now. We still have some, but it would be a lot worse if they had never been confronted, and IT WAS worse back in 2010, 2011, 2012… The level of trolling/whining/disrespect has dropped off significantly from where it used to be and it’s due to those who have confronted them.

I know it’s annoying, but it’s ultimately a necessity.

+ PrimeroIncognito on March 12th, 2014 at 6:06 am said:

Anyway, does anyone know what happened with the update? Why it was delayed, etc.?

+ steveamro on March 12th, 2014 at 6:19 am said:

When will (Lone Survivor: The Director’s Cut) be added to the instant game collection :(

+ PainOfSarrow on March 12th, 2014 at 6:23 am said:

BlowHound69 , haha that not going to work. its not a system problem. its the lack of an update and communication on why its not updated yet. as i dont have a twitter, a blog post on the issue would be nice atleast.

PAGE 1 2 3 4 5 6 11