PS4 - The Last of Us Remastered

Mercenary Kings Coming to PS4 on April 1st

Yannick Belzil's Avatar + Posted by Yannick Belzil on Mar 12, 2014 // Writer, Tribute Games

For all of us here at Tribute Games, today is our second-most-awaited day of 2014: telling everyone about our FIRST most-awaited day of this year… the PS4 launch of Mercenary Kings, debuting April 1st on Playstation Store!

Mercenary Kings on PS4

In this action-packed adventure, you must choose between Empress and King, two members of the elite squad known as the Mercenary Kings! Dropped on Mandragora Island, you’re tasked with one mission: rescue the brilliant Dr. James Neil from the forces of C.L.A.W. (Cyber Loyalist Active Weapons) and prevent them from using the Mandrake Formula to conquer the globe.

You can be a lone wolf if you dare, or assemble your own team of mercenaries to take down C.L.A.W! Your crew can have up to four players, whether it’s on your couch or online.

Thanks to your support crew back at Camp Crown, the side-scrolling action of Mercenary Kings gets deep. The materials gathered during your missions can be forged into powerful cannons or sharp blades. With 300+ gun parts and more than 100 knives, the possibilities are huge! Will you craft a machine gun with mega-ammo, or a quick-reload pistol? What about forging a blade with deadly range?

Mercenary Kings on PS4

You don’t have to decide right now, but make up your mind by April 1st because you won’t have any time to waste when you take on the legions of C.L.A.W.!

PAGE 1 2

+ Junguler on March 12th, 2014 at 12:21 pm said:

i’m getting metal slug flashbacks, and i meant it in a good way.

+ j-professional on March 12th, 2014 at 12:50 pm said:

yup. four players. Never mind… Thanks!

+ SonsOfMonroe on March 12th, 2014 at 1:09 pm said:

4 player online co op, SOLD platinum trophy is a plus !!!!

+ JeRzYzFyNeSt on March 12th, 2014 at 1:21 pm said:

can’t wait

+ Gamerzlimited on March 12th, 2014 at 1:26 pm said:

I heard a lot of people here talking about game. I don’t know what’s the hype is all about, isn’t it just another indie game? I thought majority of trolls hate them. I’m not hating it and I think it’s cool too. I just don’t understand why people want this game despite it being an indie game and not those PS4 AAA titles trolls want.

+ Rezznak on March 12th, 2014 at 1:37 pm said:

@55 uugggghhhh maybe because it borderlands style weapon customization which means INIFINITE possibilities. OVER A 100 DIFFERENT KNIVES. four player co-op ONLINE OR OFF. I mean did we read the same thing? That’s plenty enough for me to warrant a purchase. WTF cares about the trolls, it seems that is ALL that’s on your mind gamerzlimited‚Ķ.though after that SLICK argument I saw between you two I guess I’d act the same.

+ AizawaYuuichi on March 12th, 2014 at 1:43 pm said:

@ Gamerzlimited: The difference is, this is the day after the normal store update, so all the “Update Day” trolls have been thrown off schedule, hahaha. It’s kinda nice. We’ve still got a few of them here in the comments, but they are vastly outnumbered by the people who enjoy GAMES, rather than graphics.
And honestly, with the hype around this game, I’m not surprised it’s been held til April. I was assuming it would end up being in the IGC when it launched on PS4, as a way to entice people into signing up for PS+ (as well as needing + to play this game online). Smart move on Sony’s part.
I love the look of the pixel art in this game, and should hopefully be done with Second Son before this comes out, so I’ll just be splitting my time between South Park, DW8:XLCE, Dead Nation and MK. So much goodness, so little time.

+ SDkngsht on March 12th, 2014 at 3:45 pm said:

super excited for this game and honestly super excited that it’s couch co-op too. not enough good offline 4 player games anymore on consoles. online is fun but there’s nothing like getting a crew of people sitting next to you gaming.

now if we could just get an all multiplayer super Bond game with local 4 player split screen and bots it would be an awesome day for in house gaming.

+ LionFranco on March 12th, 2014 at 4:03 pm said:

So looking forward to this, i love it on PC, but i’ve always wanted to be able to play this on the Vita, so i’ll be buying the PS4 version too (that Remote Play), and if it comes to Vita, then i’ll triple dip!

While my original intent to purchase a Vita was not for indie games (got one at launch) in the past 2 years i have become a fan of indie games on PC, and now the Vita. Please keep the fun games coming!

+ tusunami on March 12th, 2014 at 4:23 pm said:

Awe yeah now finally the game is on its way not that I was worried about it. More awesome games coming to the PS4, for those that don’t still see what great games are coming out for the PS4. They need to pay better attention.

+ Figboy on March 12th, 2014 at 4:44 pm said:

Excellent! I already bought this on Steam, but I’ll be double dipping to get it on PS4. Can’t wait for the Vita version as well!

+ DarkStar83x on March 12th, 2014 at 4:53 pm said:

Hopefully this comes on Vita eventually. If not, I’ll get it when I get PS4.

+ xClayMeow on March 12th, 2014 at 6:26 pm said:

Glad to hear you’re considering a Vita version.

Not all of us have a PS4 nor plan on getting one, so please don’t think Remote Play is “enough”

+ I_Be_Trollin_69 on March 12th, 2014 at 8:47 pm said:

I want this on my VIta! I would a copy formyself and a friend seeing how great the game was on PC and how it has Co-op! Please make a Vita version!

+ MadSystem_ on March 13th, 2014 at 2:53 am said:

Daylight and now this? April is going to be a good month for my wallet. :D

+ CommandingTiger on March 13th, 2014 at 4:25 am said:

Been waiting for this game for a while now.

+ Gitano_Americano on March 13th, 2014 at 9:17 am said:

Im glad i bought a ps4

+ LURKING_WOLF on March 13th, 2014 at 12:13 pm said:

more lame crap on ps4
i own a ps4 and all i get is crapy indies i liked
the old days better when we had real games on psx and ps2

+ KnoxSe7eN on March 13th, 2014 at 12:20 pm said:

This game is amazing on PC and works with the PS4 controller right out of the box. Easily worth the price of admission. I have 26 hours in on the Steam version and the full game has yet to be released. ^_^

+ alphagoku1 on March 13th, 2014 at 1:14 pm said:

all the way in april? ugh, i guess its better than waiting for an announcement date, but FINALLY ITS ALMOST HERE!!!!

+ THA_STARKILLER on March 13th, 2014 at 8:08 pm said:

Mercenary Kings is $15 on Steam & DriveClub was pushed back till April from Launch. DriveClub is supposed to be April’s Ps4 IGC. Nuff said. Mercenary Kings looks dope, I bought 4 Ps4 controllers at Launch in anticipation of Mercenary Kings, 2 are still unopened obviously :)

+ purple_avilon on March 14th, 2014 at 12:09 am said:

I bought PS4 only for this game :)

+ hahpurr on March 14th, 2014 at 4:37 am said:

Come on. I didn’t get a next-gen console to play games like Tower Fall, and Mercenary Kings, that look like they were meant for a regular or super Nintendo. Meanwhile Sony is still releasing games like EverQuest Next Landmark, only on P.C.

+ XtraTrstrL on March 15th, 2014 at 6:14 pm said:

I really can’t wait to get my hands on this. I’ve been tempted to buy it on Steam, the 4-pack. I wish it was cross-buy like Portal 2 on PS3/Steam.

+ TomahawkChopGoKC on March 19th, 2014 at 8:48 am said:

Dudes, this game looks AMAZING. Reminds me of this great little flash game I used to play called Commando, but on steroids! I can’t freaking wait for this game :D

+ Otaku_Power on March 20th, 2014 at 9:54 am said:

Can’t wait for this game :D

Vive 3 Bières btw Yannick :p!

+ Blitzkrieg_exe on March 24th, 2014 at 6:35 pm said:

This is one of my most hyped PS4 games of this year. I would explode from happiness if this were to be a part of April’s Instant Game Collection. Also, I hope to see this on Vita as well. Indie games have been really impressive lately.

+ jim488 on March 25th, 2014 at 11:42 am said:

been waiting for something other than indie games with old-school graphics. this isn’t it. how long till the PS4 grows up? i’m getting a little tired of waiting. sure, greatness awaits… but how long till it’s here?

+ Kubby74 on April 1st, 2014 at 8:20 am said:

Cant Wait to get home and download this tonight!! Played it at E3 last year, loved it and the guys at the booth were very cool and very passionate about it. Congrats guys :-)

PAGE 1 2