Minecraft PS4

inFAMOUS Second Son: Delsin’s Ruthless Powers in Action

Darren Bridges's Avatar + Posted by Darren Bridges on Mar 13, 2014 // Senior Game Designer, Sucker Punch Productions

There’s a hushed excitement at Sucker Punch as we approach our March 21st launch date. We’ve been working on inFAMOUS Second Son for almost three years, and in just a few days we’ll finally be able to put it into your hands. Several of our team members are traveling around the world sharing our latest gameplay demo with press and fans, and today we get to show you a mission playthrough from that build.

Pre-order inFAMOUS Second Son

Like the previous games in the inFAMOUS series, Second Son gives you the option to use your powers heroically or ruthlessly. The path you choose will affect every aspect of the game, from character relationships to powers development to the story itself. In this play through, Delsin has convinced Fetch Walker, a Conduit with the power to control neon, to help him take out a group of anti-Conduit protesters. With Delsin’s influence, Fetch is willing to exterminate the “haters” and anyone else who gets in their way.

For players who choose the ruthless path, combat is fast, explosive, and lethal. Restraint is unnecessary. The faster you can obliterate your enemies, the sooner you’ll gain access to your strongest powers, and it doesn’t matter who gets hurt along the way. For those who choose to be heroic, combat is about accuracy and precision. Explosions are great, but civilian casualties are not. Your rewards will come from helping citizens and from using your abilities to capture enemies alive. The standards are higher, but for those who want to be a hero, that’s exactly the point.

Next week, the choice will be in your hands. Will you embrace responsibility to become the city’s savior, or will you unleash your wrath on everyone, regardless of the consequences? We know either way, you’re going to have a great time. You have until March 21st to decide. :)

116 Comments

PAGE 1 2 3

+ NextLevelAI on March 13th, 2014 at 10:48 am said:

Wow, a new post that isn’t the Store update.

+ spartacus314 on March 13th, 2014 at 10:51 am said:

Thank you so much guys and gals at Sucker Punch for making the release date for this next Friday. Not only is it Friday, but its also the last day of finals week up here at WWU (represent Washington State!). So this is a nice Spring Break gift. Hope the launch goes well for you guys

+ NextLevelAI on March 13th, 2014 at 10:53 am said:

Oh yeah, great video by the way. The particle effects are awesome.

+ RyuZX on March 13th, 2014 at 10:53 am said:

Cool, maybe this week’s Store update will be done on March 21st too.

+ akisuo on March 13th, 2014 at 10:54 am said:

Totally looking to play this game next week. Man, I wish it was the 21st already!

+ LuiSpartanMIMIMI on March 13th, 2014 at 10:55 am said:

It’s so disappointing Second Son doesn’t have UGC Mission. It was a HUGE and GREAT thing in inFAMOUS 2.

Anyway, I’m looking foward to this game. Big fan of the franchise here, and very impressed with the game.

+ JonJonXD on March 13th, 2014 at 10:56 am said:

I’m so excited!

I do miss the UGC option though, as that added so much replay value to Infamous 2.

Question though, will this be released at midnight on PSN? I pre-ordered on PSN and am hoping for it to push and install to my PS4 before the end of my work day next Friday.

+ NextLevelAI on March 13th, 2014 at 11:01 am said:

@JonJonXD You think the game will be released on time digitally? If this weeks store update is any inclination to what’s to come, you may be able to download the digital version of the game sometime in mid April.

+ GodofDeathOnline on March 13th, 2014 at 11:03 am said:

is it true about the down grade in the Graphics the pictures out now of the game doesn’t look as good as it once was

+ MrBeens on March 13th, 2014 at 11:03 am said:

Yes it will be released at midnight day of release.

You know, plus a day or two…

Or maybe a week.

+ GodofDeathOnline on March 13th, 2014 at 11:04 am said:

and thanks for the store update when ever the hell that will be

+ KazeEternal on March 13th, 2014 at 11:05 am said:

What’s up with the audio? Sounds so Soft.

Also what’s up with the PlayStation Store? No update on the blog about it and none of the PS+ discounts are applied.

+ subadictos on March 13th, 2014 at 11:05 am said:

The store delay has been very harmful with Towerfall devs… I’m waiting for the Plus discount just for buying that game… I don’t care about inFAMOUS for now…

+ dodgedoors on March 13th, 2014 at 11:05 am said:

Still on a media blackout for this game. The last video I watched for this was the Neon trailer and that’s all I will watch until release.

+ BrianC6234 on March 13th, 2014 at 11:07 am said:

Tell someone at Sony to do something about the store update. We still can’t get Lone Survivor from PS Plus. Is it that hard to post something about it here on the blog? What’s the problem? This week is a huge issue for Sony. Not good. Was it that update? Say something Sony.

+ Lacerz on March 13th, 2014 at 11:08 am said:

Pre-ordered this! Stoked for it to come out!

Just like I was stoked for TowerFall to come out… BUT WHERE’S THE DISCOUNT?!?!?! I’m not buying it until I get my Plus discount!

+ GalatasarayEken on March 13th, 2014 at 11:12 am said:

This is on my list when I do pick up my PS4, The PS4 is still sold out in Canada & can’t find it anywhere

+ TwinDad on March 13th, 2014 at 11:14 am said:

Eventually I’ll play INfamous 1. Backlogged for forever.

Someday I’ll be a big boy and get a PS4, but until then it’s backlog fever.

Thank for the information post.

+ Gorvi on March 13th, 2014 at 11:15 am said:

Can’t wait. The only downside is that I’ll have to put down Dark Souls 2 while I play this. That will be tough.

+ Lacerz on March 13th, 2014 at 11:15 am said:

@17 Hopefully you’re going to the SEN Store and picking up the PS4 Plus offerings before they rotate out. That way you can download them to your PS4 when you get it.

+ Hulk2c on March 13th, 2014 at 11:15 am said:

Soooooo where’s the PSN Store update for this week it’s already Thursday.

+ PainOfSarrow on March 13th, 2014 at 11:16 am said:

kool vid, the sounds realy sounds soft as hell. il assume its just this video audio.

+ yowzagabowza on March 13th, 2014 at 11:18 am said:

Is it possible for people to cancel psn preorders? Mine’s paid off at gamestop, but im sure people are wary after this weeks debacle.

+ nYcFrEeWiLL82 on March 13th, 2014 at 11:18 am said:

Im sorry but the game looks very repetitive..jump glide shoot sparks of smoke ..or whatever that purple stuff is..the runaway and float to the top of another building and do the same thing all over again..smh. Im not trying to bash this game but I’m just being honest. After playing the last games..its looking like the same ol same game play with just a whole different environment. I just would’ve thought we could drive cars or planes or motorcycles ..light them up with our powers and use them as weapons. Now that’s what i call getting a bang for our bucks!! so please be a little more creative and crazy. That’s what games are for..take some tips from Saints Row ..:p

+ Zionine on March 13th, 2014 at 11:20 am said:

Stop trying to make Fetch happen?

Next Friday, Fetch happens.

+ Dmaki650 on March 13th, 2014 at 11:24 am said:

Where is the Update? Coming from a business standpoint you should really update all of us with whats going on. I have money I wanna throw at ya but CAN’T! Also where is the Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD Remaster PSN Pre-Order!?! Is it gonna be available for purchase digitally on the PSN?

+ KingSora08 on March 13th, 2014 at 11:25 am said:

Where is the playstation update?

+ ngreatshark on March 13th, 2014 at 11:27 am said:

I went out last week and pre-ordered my copy from GameStop to get the bonuses. With what’s going on with the PS store this week, I’m glad I did

+ Welmosca on March 13th, 2014 at 11:29 am said:

Amazing video….the end was awesome,and smoke powers are way more badass than I thought it could be….Second Son looks too good…it’ll sure be one of my 1st PS4 games….damn graphics are unbelievable…so beautiful.

+ mikemill on March 13th, 2014 at 11:30 am said:

The 21st just needs to get here!

+ LimeLites on March 13th, 2014 at 11:37 am said:

so are we going back to the early days of psn with thursday updates?

on topic: can’t wait till the 21st

+ GenocideHeart on March 13th, 2014 at 11:39 am said:

I just love how, after six weeks of PS Store updates being actually EARLY and going smooth as a baby, all it takes is ONE time of the Store having difficulties for everyone to start whining and moaning like the worst spoiled brats and loudly declare that Sony sucks.

With this kind of attitude, quite frankly I’m not surprised nobody in the blog wants to talk with players. It’s a thankless job and they will be criticized anyway, so might as well stay quiet and work to repair whatever went wrong instead of wasting time dealing with the crybabies.

+ BrianC6234 on March 13th, 2014 at 11:41 am said:

GenocideHeart – It wouldn’t be so bad if Sony just posted something about it. At least tell everyone what’s going on. That’s the problem. Don’t try telling everyone else what to do or to not be mad.

+ pablofsi08 on March 13th, 2014 at 11:42 am said:

I see zero difficulty. Escalation has no limit, jumps can always be repeated in the air to reach any height you want, no limits in energy wasted to do these moves, tremendously advantageous ways to defeat soldiers… no damage done to you… I may as well just go and watch a movie where I don’t interact than to ravage through the game with no one having any possibility of stopping me. It’s not interesting, it’s not fun.

+ NX_Nytrux on March 13th, 2014 at 11:47 am said:

Wednesday PSN Update please… Ohh, today is Thursday.

+ JonJonXD on March 13th, 2014 at 11:47 am said:

@NextLevelAIj

Then this will be the first and last time I Pre-order anything from the PSN store.

Plain and simple really

+ MakoSoul on March 13th, 2014 at 11:49 am said:

The lack of communication regarding the store update delay is very disappointing.

You guys have just about used up your good will with gamers.

+ MakoSoul on March 13th, 2014 at 11:51 am said:

The only reason this will be acceptable is if Plantside 2 is coming with the update as a big surprise.

+ GenocideHeart on March 13th, 2014 at 11:52 am said:

BrianC6234 – You do realize that with the kind of acidic words that started popping up *as soon as it appeared the update would be late* (because apparently some people just wait for one excuse, any excuse, to bash Sony – just look at the ones who regularly whine about ‘Europe has a better plus than us!’ while ignoring how Euro players on average spend between 150% and 200% what American gamers do on the same games because the Euro to dollar change is something out of a nuthouse), quite frankly the blog personnel ISN’T interested in dealing with the inevitable hail of insults that will follow ANY explanation – because SOME people are physically incapable of saying ‘oh, okay’, no matter how conciliatory a statement is?

And frankly I’d rather they focus on solving the issue ASAP and tell me what happened after it’s been dealt with than have them waste valuable time better spent fixing the system in dealing with a bunch of unpleasable ‘fans’. Sony has been timely enough in the last few months that I can forgive a slip every now and then, and make no mistake, I invested a lot on the PS Store. Now if this repeats week after week, then I’ll complain, but once in a blue moon? Forgivable. I’ll be patient and wait.

+ Dmaki650 on March 13th, 2014 at 11:52 am said:

@JonJonXD

I’m right there with ya! I pre-ordered the game digitally and now Im thinking I shouldn’t have after this crap.

+ lisatsunami on March 13th, 2014 at 11:55 am said:

I am so looking forward to the first real game I want to play on my PS4, and also glad there are no stupid UGC trophies this time. The UGC was a nice option in 2, but I didn’t appreciate the trophy requirement.

And I also like Playstation releasing some big games on Fridays.

+ BrianC6234 on March 13th, 2014 at 11:56 am said:

GenocideHeart – The people on the blog aren’t working on the problem. Someone needs to update everyone on here right away. It’s not asking for too much. It’s just letting their customers know why something hasn’t happened and when they expect it to. The last tweet said everything was expected to be up on Wednesday. Now it’s Thursday.

+ pablofsi08 on March 13th, 2014 at 11:57 am said:

GenocideHeart: Europeans aren’t paid in dollars, they are paid in Euros. They in fact, get the games at lower prices than north americans.

+ purse317 on March 13th, 2014 at 11:58 am said:

Normally all store updates pop up on the blog everything from the Drop to Plus to the “out today stuff” but when their is a problem like note updating the store in the usual time frame we hear

NOTHING FROM THE BLOG NOT A PEEP NOT A SOUND NO WE’LL BE BACK WORKING TO FIX IT OR ANYTHING IT IS A SHAME. NOW LET EM GO ON TWITTER AND HOPEFULLY FIND A TWEET ON THE ISSUE.

+ purse317 on March 13th, 2014 at 12:00 pm said:

@42 yeah we get updates when the store goes up so update us now that the store is down or semi down

JUST TELL US SOMETHING ANYTHING

+ caiomenudo13 on March 13th, 2014 at 12:00 pm said:

@39 What’s making people mad is that yesterday the Playstation twitter posted: “PS Store: We’re now targeting Wednesday for updating the North American PS Store. We’ll keep you posted, apologies for the delay”.

It’s already thursday and we don’t have a word about the update. So at least for me, it’s not the fact that the update is delayed that is making me mad, is the lack of information about it.

+ Mando44646 on March 13th, 2014 at 12:02 pm said:

Where is the Store update? For FSM’s sake, just COMMUNICATE with us on the Blog about whats going on.

Infamous looks fantastic! :D

+ GenocideHeart on March 13th, 2014 at 12:10 pm said:

pablofsi08 – I’m in Europe, actually, and let me assure you, EUROPEANS PAY MORE THAN YOU DO. As a matter of fact, a game that you pay 70 bucks, Euro players pay around 98, thanks to the euro to dollar exchange rate being horrible, meaning 1 euro is worth more than a dollar.

Seeing how I live in the damn continent, I probably know more than you do about how EU is being RIPPED OFF. 1 euro is NOT equal to 1 dollar, yet prices in USD are always straight up converted to euro, which means – yes – we are being overcharged.

Oh, and our jobs? They actually pay about the same as yours would, in actual money’s worth. Meaning we are paid the same as you guys in terms of buying power… but our stuff costs a lot more than yours.

That’s overlooking how Euro’s PS+ discounts rarely, if ever, go beyond 10% while US is stuffed to the gills with 40 or 50% discounts…

THE MORE YOU KNOW.

+ lisatsunami on March 13th, 2014 at 12:12 pm said:

I don’t blame people for being frustrated and mad. I bought the retail of DS2 but I’m afraid to input the DLC codes for fear they won’t work and they’ll get screwed up even when the store does come up.

The complete silence from the staff on here and Twitter makes me think something is seriously wrong with the store. :-(

+ billyok on March 13th, 2014 at 12:13 pm said:

Brat city in the comments. What kind of tantrums do some of you throw when something REALLY bad happens?

PAGE 1 2 3