PS4 - Batman Arkham Knight

The Drop: New PlayStation Releases for March 18th, 2014

Ryan Clements's Avatar + Posted by Ryan Clements on Mar 16, 2014 // Social Media Specialist

The Drop

Singe the rainy streets of Seattle with neon footprints, or sneak through a military compound as a legendary hero; it’s a colossal week for gaming, as both inFAMOUS Second Son and Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes arrive on PlayStation.

Sucker Punch’s critically-acclaimed, open-world series continues this coming Friday with inFAMOUS Second Son on PS4. Imbued with incredible powers, protagonist Delsin Rowe clashes against the Department of Unified Protection in glorious displays of smoke and neon. Fight the oppressive institution, expand Delsin’s super-human abilities, and explore a massive digital Seattle along the way.

For fans of stealth and political intrigue, the next chapter in Hideo Kojima’s sweeping espionage action series arrives on Tuesday. Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes, which serves as a prologue to the upcoming Phantom Pain, finds Big Boss infiltrating a military base in Cuba. With a redesigned interface, multiple missions, and a new open-world design, Ground Zeroes promises an unrivaled degree of freedom in the Metal Gear universe.

For a complete list of games and demos coming this week, read on. And enjoy the Drop!

Final Fantasy X | X-2 HD Remaster
inFAMOUS Second Son
Luftrausers
Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes
Stealth Inc. Ultimate Edition
Steamworld Dig
Yaiba: Ninja Gaiden Z

New PlayStation Releases This Week

PS3, PS Vita — Digital, Retail
The beloved RPGs find new life with a sweeping visual update and new content. Follow Tidus and Yuna on their fated quest through Spira, and challenge foes with one of the richest battle systems in Final Fantasy history.
PS4 — Digital, Retail (Coming Friday)
Guide Delsin Rowe through the rainy streets of Seattle, and revel in his extraordinary powers along the way. Fight the Department of Unified Protection with sizzling smoke and crackling neon blasts, and traverse the sprawling cityscape at dazzling speeds.
PS3, PS Vita — Digital (Cross Buy)
Take to the skies in Vlambeer’s retro arcade shooter. Battle enemy planes and battleships with more than 125 different weapon combinations, and tackle more than 100 missions of daring and danger. Become the most legendary Rauser pilot in the world.
PS3, PS4 — Digital, Retail
The world-renowned stealth series continues with Hideo Kojima’s latest vision of espionage action. Snake infiltrates a Cuban military base, giving players a new degree of freedom to tackle missions in a variety of ways.
PS4 — Digital
A fast-paced, stealth platformer, Stealth Inc. challenges players’ wits at every shadowy turn. The Ultimate Edition features all 80 original levels, along with the 40 included in the Teleporter Chambers and The Lost Clones expansions. Survive the mission, and create unique death rooms in the full-featured level editor.
PS4, PS Vita — Digital (Cross Buy)
Plunge into the underground to find dangers and untold riches in this mining platformer. As lone mining steambot Rusty, explore a vast world rife with treasure, and discover the remnants of human civilization. Randomized worlds with emergent play and challenges.
PS3 — Digital, Retail
An outrageous comic book take on the world of Ninja Gaiden, send Yaiba through a sea of zombies and cut down everything in his path. With a ninja blade and brutal cyborg enhancements, Yaiba will rip, crush, slice, and stomp his way towards revenge.

Demos and Betas

The information above is subject to change without notice.

PAGE 1 2 3 4

+ Ryan Clements on March 16th, 2014 at 10:36 am said:

Drop into Seattle.

+ surachoke on March 16th, 2014 at 10:40 am said:

Nice

+ Ryan Clements on March 16th, 2014 at 10:46 am said:

Indeed.

+ bigz12345432 on March 16th, 2014 at 10:42 am said:

Ya ffxhd both versions preordered thanks square 2 year wait

+ ioshi_US on March 16th, 2014 at 10:42 am said:

Final Fantasy X | X-2 HD Remaster PS Vita !!!!!!!!!!!!

+ Ice21 on March 16th, 2014 at 10:43 am said:

Probably the biggest month is game releases this year. cant wait to try MGSGZ and ISS

+ Ryan Clements on March 16th, 2014 at 10:46 am said:

Hope you enjoy them!

+ jgrizzle358 on March 16th, 2014 at 10:43 am said:

FFX/X-2 HD, MGSV:GZ and inFAMOUS: SS.

Yep, I’m gonna fail my stats class. lol.

+ Ryan Clements on March 16th, 2014 at 10:46 am said:

Don’t forget to study!

+ Solh0und on March 16th, 2014 at 10:44 am said:

Big Boss be DROPing guys with his CQC.

+ Ryan Clements on March 16th, 2014 at 10:46 am said:

Oooooh, I like that one.

+ Lodi16B on March 16th, 2014 at 10:45 am said:

I’d rather drop into the Road Not Taken or the Walking Dead Season 2, Ryan….Please please please give us a release date…

+ Ryan Clements on March 16th, 2014 at 10:47 am said:

Sorry, I don’t have any updates for you! They don’t tell me anything! >_<

+ Doc_Tury on March 16th, 2014 at 10:45 am said:

Beyond! Great week for me, Final Fantasy X HD Remastered, I’ve got my Vita yesterday and I’m one step closer from my new PS4!
Great Early Drop Ryan! Cheers!

+ Ryan Clements on March 16th, 2014 at 10:47 am said:

Great! Enjoy your Vita, and thanks for Dropping by. Cheers!

+ Sonicfan11589 on March 16th, 2014 at 10:45 am said:

FFX/X-2 HD Remaster!!! CAN NOT WAIT!!! Less than 48 hours to go for me. Someone on Gamefaqs.com on of the threads for the Vita version of the 2 games posted pics of the game, and they look great and he even said it plays as well as we all remember (FFX at least).

+ Ryan Clements on March 16th, 2014 at 10:48 am said:

Really hope you enjoy it. FFX was classic.

+ Wolfe13 on March 16th, 2014 at 10:46 am said:

Why is Infamous releasing on Friday instead of Tuesday? The Last of Us did this too, just wondering why?

+ UltimatoRaul on March 16th, 2014 at 10:46 am said:

When it comes out Borderlands 2 for the Vita?

+ Sonicfan11589 on March 16th, 2014 at 10:47 am said:

My father and I got my older brother a Vita when he came home for a week and a half last month, and i plan on getting him his own copy of FFX/X-2 HD Remaster when returns in May for his birthday. This is my MOST ANTICIPATED VITA game for this year. It’s like waiting for Xmas.

+ Zaul013 on March 16th, 2014 at 10:47 am said:

Good Drop Thanks To FFX, But Weres Minecraft For PSVita?, Any Info?

+ anti-altair16 on March 16th, 2014 at 10:48 am said:

Should’ve said “Orbital Drop into Seattle” Ryan because that’s Delsin’s super move. Also

INFAMOUS! INFAMOUS! INFAMOUS! I’ve been waiting a year for this! I got my PS4 for this game. This week is going to be so slow, I wish it came out Tuesday. :( I can’t wait to pick up my collectors edition, I’m going to wear that beanie while playing. INFAMOUS!!!

+ Ryan Clements on March 16th, 2014 at 10:49 am said:

Nice play on words! I wish I came up with that. ;)

+ V-Angelus01 on March 16th, 2014 at 10:48 am said:

I wonder which I should pick for FFXHD. On my ps3 or on my vita? Though they said that they look fairly the same, and I believe em. How about u Ryan? Where will you guys play FFXHD?

+ Ryan Clements on March 16th, 2014 at 10:50 am said:

Anywhere! I think PS3, just to remember my PS2 experience with it, but the Vita version also looks slick. Go with your gut!

+ Sonicfan11589 on March 16th, 2014 at 10:48 am said:

Just curious, what does the “Beyond” comments mean?

+ Ryan Clements on March 16th, 2014 at 10:51 am said:

I used to co-host a podcast called Podcast Beyond. It was the catchphrase. ;)

+ NeoGuardian86 on March 16th, 2014 at 10:49 am said:

lots of goodies this week!

only wish inFamous Second Son was coming on Tuesday rather then Friday.

but this week totally getting:

inFamous : Second Son (already pre-ordered)
Metal Gear Solid : Ground Zeroes (PS4)
Final Fantasy X (Vita)

Steamworld Dig and Luftrausers look really interesting too!

big haul for me!

+ Ryan Clements on March 16th, 2014 at 10:51 am said:

Woohoo! Enjoy it!

+ Dmaki650 on March 16th, 2014 at 10:49 am said:

Finally confirmation that FF X|X-2 HD Remaster is coming digitally!! So excited!!!

+ Ryan Clements on March 16th, 2014 at 10:51 am said:

Enjoy it!

+ cheeckoo42 on March 16th, 2014 at 10:50 am said:

FINALLY!

infamous is here (in a pretty amazing week nonetheless)

+ hawjboi2009 on March 16th, 2014 at 10:50 am said:

hey Ryan Clement, do you know what time does we download Infamous Second son this Friday ? 12:00am PST or EST ?

+ Ryan Clements on March 16th, 2014 at 10:52 am said:

Hi! Not sure about exact timing. Stay tuned.

+ Sonicfan11589 on March 16th, 2014 at 10:50 am said:

Yes I know FFX is a real classic FF. Can’t wait to freaking play it, I am soooo stoked. I can’t stop going to the Gamefaqs boards and reading about the game.

+ Winscar_Shinobi on March 16th, 2014 at 10:51 am said:

Any idea if final fantasy 10 and 10-2 will be sold seperately on ps3 psn?

Want 10 but dont want to spend 40$ for 1 game I want and 1 I dont

+ Ryan Clements on March 16th, 2014 at 10:52 am said:

Good question. Might want to hit up Square Enix on Twitter, because I’m not entirely sure.

+ halfHOLYpaladin on March 16th, 2014 at 10:53 am said:

BEYOND! Ryan, any word on when the Blue PS4 controller will come to the states? I’d rather not have to import it :(

+ Ryan Clements on March 16th, 2014 at 10:54 am said:

Beyond! I have no information on that, apologies! Thanks for your note.

+ Sonicfan11589 on March 16th, 2014 at 10:54 am said:

@23 Unfortunately i have heard u CAN ONLY BUY BOTH GAMES TOGETHER AND NOT SEPARATELY. They are bundled together both digitally and in retail form for $39.99. Sorry.

+ Dmaki650 on March 16th, 2014 at 10:54 am said:

@23 (Winscar_Shinobi)

No they will not be sold separately.

+ darkofeden on March 16th, 2014 at 10:55 am said:

No pre-order for Ground Zeroes on PS4?

+ V-Angelus01 on March 16th, 2014 at 10:55 am said:

@Ryan well my guts is telling me to go with vita more cuz of that FF is a kinda “grindy” game. But the nostalgic kid in me says ps3. well anyways. Ill listen to my guts haha. I still got a few days left to finalize my decision. :) THANKS!

+ Ryan Clements on March 16th, 2014 at 11:27 am said:

Yes, enjoy!

+ djsaiyan on March 16th, 2014 at 10:55 am said:

Ouch my poor backlog.

FFX/X-2 HD, Ground Zeroes and Yaiba: Ninja Gaiden Z on Tuesday, and then Second Son on Friday. Also Luftrausers.

This is easily the craziest week for gamers in some time. This whole month has been pretty ridiculous.

+ Ryan Clements on March 16th, 2014 at 11:27 am said:

Indeed. Good luck with that backlog!

+ Sonicfan11589 on March 16th, 2014 at 10:55 am said:

Also just wanted to say (sorry for the 1000 posts), for those getting FFX/X-2 HD digitally, hopefully you guys won’t be late with the store update again this week, especially since it is an especially good week with new releases. Just a heads up. :)

+ NX_Nytrux on March 16th, 2014 at 10:58 am said:

Classic PS2 wish list:
- Silent Hill. Origins
- Valkyrie Profile 2: Silmeria
- Obscure 1, 2

+ davidxraw on March 16th, 2014 at 10:58 am said:

I can only dream of a day where there would be like 10 demos. There are so many games especially indies that I want to try but there are no demos. Cuboid? Braid? Puzzle Dimension? Hydrophobia: Prophecy? Arkedo Series? Derrick the Deathfin? Rain? Skydive: Proximity Flight? just to name a few. I really enjoyed how we got Jetpack Joyride for free. I think Sony should release some more minis for free if possible.

+ guyminsberghe on March 16th, 2014 at 11:03 am said:

Hello!
Will FF X/X2 HD have french texts?

+ Siper17 on March 16th, 2014 at 11:07 am said:

Does Naval Strike for BF4 drop the 18th as well?

+ thegoods_01 on March 16th, 2014 at 11:09 am said:

I’m going to be soooooo poor after this week. But it’s worth it!

+ Ryan Clements on March 16th, 2014 at 11:28 am said:

Hang in there! ^_^

+ Unit68matthew on March 16th, 2014 at 11:10 am said:

AHHHHHHHHHH I WANT SECOND SON NOW!!!!!!!!!

+ coolasj19 on March 16th, 2014 at 11:11 am said:

Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD Collection can not be bought separately. FFX-2 is better in some ways anyway, in my opinion. And please Ryan, try really hard to get a time for the inFamous download going live. I need to schedule some stuff depending on when I can start and then play it. Also, this week is freaking bonkers. 3 AAA Tier games and an Indie game I’ve been waiting for for forever.

+ YorlecmNwahs on March 16th, 2014 at 11:13 am said:

Want ModNation Racers 2?

Go to Google

Search “ModNation Racers 2 for PS4 petition”

Click on the second result.

Sign the petition please.

+ Seeing_Red_Again on March 16th, 2014 at 11:13 am said:

inFamous: Second Son, baby! The reason I bought a PS4 at launch!

+ SmokeAdellic on March 16th, 2014 at 11:13 am said:

Make AR Ninjas a full game also add online leaderboards….we are having so much fun with that game!

+ Dansgaming on March 16th, 2014 at 11:16 am said:

Why isn’t Metal Gear Solid: Ground Zeroes available for preorder on the PS4 store yet? I’d like to get a digital copy but not if I can’t preorder ahead of time.

+ emmanu888 on March 16th, 2014 at 11:16 am said:

My wallet is gonna weep the next i buy a PS4 game. Stupid price raise, in Canada, inFamous is 70 bucks !

+ Arkafazin on March 16th, 2014 at 11:17 am said:

It’s Spring break for me and I’m getting Final Fantasy X/X-2 Collection, MGSV, and Infamous: Second Son. Gonna be a very fun and relaxing week off of school! :D

+ Faenix1 on March 16th, 2014 at 11:20 am said:

Would of been an exciting week but I’m getting stuck with the LE for FFX|X-2. If I try and swap it I’ll lose my preorder discount I got, AND have to pay even more due to the Canadian game price increase. :(

+ ErsatzJobl on March 16th, 2014 at 11:22 am said:

Luftrausers looks sick.

+ Ryan Clements on March 16th, 2014 at 11:29 am said:

Agreed.

+ peanut0423 on March 16th, 2014 at 11:22 am said:

I really hope they update the store early.

+ PrimeroIncognito on March 16th, 2014 at 11:23 am said:

@ Wolfe13

Because movies always release on Fridays. Hardy har har…

Just teasing, everyone. I’m sure Second Son will be a great game.

@ davidxraw

Proximity Flight is awesome. You should just buy it. It’s like SSX in the air.

+ erosfortones on March 16th, 2014 at 11:26 am said:

Oh man, inFAMOUS: Second Son, Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes, & Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD here I come!

+ MarinoBrea on March 16th, 2014 at 11:28 am said:

Metal Gear!? It can’t be!

+ Ryan Clements on March 16th, 2014 at 11:29 am said:

Metal Gear!?!

+ boomstickbhg on March 16th, 2014 at 11:31 am said:

Do we get the store updated on Tuesday this week or should we expect to wait until late Thursday with zero communication from Sony once again?

PAGE 1 2 3 4