PS4-The Order

The Drop: New PlayStation Releases for March 18th, 2014

Ryan Clements's Avatar + Posted by Ryan Clements on Mar 16, 2014 // Social Media Specialist

The Drop

Singe the rainy streets of Seattle with neon footprints, or sneak through a military compound as a legendary hero; it’s a colossal week for gaming, as both inFAMOUS Second Son and Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes arrive on PlayStation.

Sucker Punch’s critically-acclaimed, open-world series continues this coming Friday with inFAMOUS Second Son on PS4. Imbued with incredible powers, protagonist Delsin Rowe clashes against the Department of Unified Protection in glorious displays of smoke and neon. Fight the oppressive institution, expand Delsin’s super-human abilities, and explore a massive digital Seattle along the way.

For fans of stealth and political intrigue, the next chapter in Hideo Kojima’s sweeping espionage action series arrives on Tuesday. Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes, which serves as a prologue to the upcoming Phantom Pain, finds Big Boss infiltrating a military base in Cuba. With a redesigned interface, multiple missions, and a new open-world design, Ground Zeroes promises an unrivaled degree of freedom in the Metal Gear universe.

For a complete list of games and demos coming this week, read on. And enjoy the Drop!

Final Fantasy X | X-2 HD Remaster
inFAMOUS Second Son
Luftrausers
Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes
Stealth Inc. Ultimate Edition
Steamworld Dig
Yaiba: Ninja Gaiden Z

New PlayStation Releases This Week

PS3, PS Vita — Digital, Retail
The beloved RPGs find new life with a sweeping visual update and new content. Follow Tidus and Yuna on their fated quest through Spira, and challenge foes with one of the richest battle systems in Final Fantasy history.
PS4 — Digital, Retail (Coming Friday)
Guide Delsin Rowe through the rainy streets of Seattle, and revel in his extraordinary powers along the way. Fight the Department of Unified Protection with sizzling smoke and crackling neon blasts, and traverse the sprawling cityscape at dazzling speeds.
PS3, PS Vita — Digital (Cross Buy)
Take to the skies in Vlambeer’s retro arcade shooter. Battle enemy planes and battleships with more than 125 different weapon combinations, and tackle more than 100 missions of daring and danger. Become the most legendary Rauser pilot in the world.
PS3, PS4 — Digital, Retail
The world-renowned stealth series continues with Hideo Kojima’s latest vision of espionage action. Snake infiltrates a Cuban military base, giving players a new degree of freedom to tackle missions in a variety of ways.
PS4 — Digital
A fast-paced, stealth platformer, Stealth Inc. challenges players’ wits at every shadowy turn. The Ultimate Edition features all 80 original levels, along with the 40 included in the Teleporter Chambers and The Lost Clones expansions. Survive the mission, and create unique death rooms in the full-featured level editor.
PS4, PS Vita — Digital (Cross Buy)
Plunge into the underground to find dangers and untold riches in this mining platformer. As lone mining steambot Rusty, explore a vast world rife with treasure, and discover the remnants of human civilization. Randomized worlds with emergent play and challenges.
PS3 — Digital, Retail
An outrageous comic book take on the world of Ninja Gaiden, send Yaiba through a sea of zombies and cut down everything in his path. With a ninja blade and brutal cyborg enhancements, Yaiba will rip, crush, slice, and stomp his way towards revenge.

Demos and Betas

The information above is subject to change without notice.

+ GrafUlrich88 on March 16th, 2014 at 4:16 pm said:

Hey Ryan,

Beyond!!! What ever happened to “Putty Squad” for the PS4? It was listed to launch on PSN 11 March 14. Just curious!

Cheers!!!

+ DaddyPampers on March 16th, 2014 at 4:22 pm said:

This is a great week for playstation nation……Infamous….Metal Gear….
Im hoping Ninja Gaiden is awesome im looking forward to playing that game.
Helldivers is next on my list of most wanted.
The cross buy,cross play,cross save of that game makes it an automatic day one purchase for me…
So much win and i know that there is more to come in the months ahead.

+ ratatapa on March 16th, 2014 at 4:38 pm said:

Why is ffx remaster still not available for preorder on NA PSN?

+ WilHiteWarrior on March 16th, 2014 at 4:43 pm said:

Ahhh.. Jonesing for Ground Zeroes…

+ MurDa_Bo1z on March 16th, 2014 at 4:50 pm said:

Disappointing for the PS Vita, I wanted to care about this drop, I really did.

+ Guimace on March 16th, 2014 at 4:50 pm said:

I hope Final Fantasy does really well! Got my copy preordered, simply can’t wait.

+ XxMalfoyXx on March 16th, 2014 at 4:52 pm said:

Yes been waiting for the final fantasy x/x2 hd release since I heard about it way back in 2011 final fantasy x/x2 are my favorites from the series I will be buying digital I can’t freaking wait I am so very excited.

+ AwRy108 on March 16th, 2014 at 5:20 pm said:

..so, is this week’s update actually going to go live on the correct day? Also, can PS4 owners pre-load InFamous Second Son?

+ neuropunk on March 16th, 2014 at 5:33 pm said:

Hope the FFX collection are available separately. More interested in the sequel since i don’t have that on PS2, kinda sick of FFX also. Hope FFX-2 isn’t as linear as FFX but I think it probably is.

+ XxMalfoyXx on March 16th, 2014 at 5:42 pm said:

@neuropunk facebook final fantasy x/x2 hd are only available in a combo pack for the ps3 and the ps vita and on the PlayStation store digitally.

+ viceforce on March 16th, 2014 at 5:54 pm said:

I got Final Fantasy X HD collection Remaster and MGSV Ground Zeros. Final Fantasy X never looked so much beautiful and Ground Zeros is amazing. Like playing a action packed movie on the PS4.

+ XxMalfoyXx on March 16th, 2014 at 5:54 pm said:

Another question I know tomorrow is Monday but will the digital version of final fantasyx hd go live on the PlayStation store at midnight when it becomes tuesday?

+ neuropunk on March 16th, 2014 at 5:57 pm said:

@110 can’t figure out which Facebook page and what post it is.

Has it been officially confirmed? Because people said the same thing about the Symphonia collection, but I ended up not having to buy the garbage sequel. Also, even if only available as a bundle at launch, doesn’t mean they won’t someday be available for purchase separately.

+ D-Squad3 on March 16th, 2014 at 6:00 pm said:

Getting both Ground Zeroes and Second Son!

+ XxMalfoyXx on March 16th, 2014 at 6:13 pm said:

+ NextLevelAI on March 16th, 2014 at 6:14 pm said:

Can someone please tell me why we still can’t pre-order MGS: GZ on the PS4? This is killing me!

+ Unknown406 on March 16th, 2014 at 6:26 pm said:

SONY PLEASE BRING more PS1 & PS2 Classics like Tomb Raider Chronicles, Need For Speed High Stakes, Alien Resurrection, Alien Trilogy, Driver You Are the Wheelman, Driver 2 The Wheelman is Back, Grand Theft Auto, Grand Theft Auto 2, Grand Theft Auto: London 1969, Gran Turismo, Gran Turismo 2, James Bond 007: The World is Not Enough, James Bond 007: Tomorrow Never Dies, MediEvil 2, Mortal Kombat 4, Mortal Kombat Trilogy, Tony Hawk’s Pro Skater, Tony Hawk’s Pro Skater 2, Tony Hawk’s Pro Skater 3, Tony Hawk’s Pro Skater 4, Twisted Metal III, Twisted Metal 4, WWF SmackDown!, WWF SmackDown! 2: Know Your Role.

+ Unknown406 on March 16th, 2014 at 6:26 pm said:

PS2: DRIV3R, Driver: Parallel Lines, Gran Turismo 3 A-spec, Gran Turismo 4, James Bond 007: Everything or Nothing, 007: From Russia with Love, Max Payne 2: The Fall of Max Payne, Need For Speed: Hot Pursuit 2, Need for Speed: Underground, Need for Speed: Underground 2, Need for Speed: Carbon, Need for Speed: ProStreet, Resident Evil Outbreak, Resident Evil Outbreak File #2, Tomb Raider: The Angel of Darkness, Tomb Raider: Legend, Tomb Raider: Anniversary, Tony Hawk’s Underground, Tony Hawk’s Underground 2, Tony Hawk’s American Wasteland, WWE SmackDown! Here Comes The Pain, WWE SmackDown! vs. RAW, WWE SmackDown! vs. RAW 2006, WWE SmackDown! vs. RAW 2007, WWE SmackDown! vs. RAW 2008, WWE SmackDown! vs. RAW 2009, WWE SmackDown! vs. RAW 2010, WWE SmackDown! vs. RAW 2011 & WWE All Stars.
Just consider it done SONY

+ carlrhxphn on March 16th, 2014 at 6:57 pm said:

Why does Infamous come out on Friday when everything gets released on Tuesday? I pre-ordered it on PSN but if it gets released early in stores I would be kind of pissed.

+ Nabetes on March 16th, 2014 at 7:21 pm said:

Why i can’t pre-order mgsgz on my ps4 but can on ps3

+ hahpurr on March 16th, 2014 at 7:25 pm said:

Infamous. Finally. This is a game that Sony actually deserves a pat on the back over.

+ raiden_setsuna on March 16th, 2014 at 7:29 pm said:

Is the Vita FF X2 a download voucher or is it on the card, like MGS 2 & 3?

+ XxMalfoyXx on March 16th, 2014 at 7:33 pm said:

Raiden it is a download voucher for x2.

+ neuropunk on March 16th, 2014 at 7:40 pm said:

“+ XxMalfoyXx on March 16th, 2014 at 6:13 pm said:
Yes neuropunk they will be released in a combo pack only on ps3 vita and ps store digital download.”

That is what they said about Tales of Symphonia Chronicles, yet I only bought Symphonia stand alone for $20. I will bet that even if not available for purchase separately at release, they probably will be at least one day.

+ XxMalfoyXx on March 16th, 2014 at 8:01 pm said:

Maybe someday but it has been confirmed by square enix that it will not be sold separately right now. And maybe it never will be.

+ Big_Dog_Golfer on March 16th, 2014 at 8:23 pm said:

I already have Stealth for PS Vita. do I still have to pay for the PS4 version or do I get it as well?

+ Asumos666 on March 16th, 2014 at 9:13 pm said:

Final Fantasy X | X-2 HD Remaster, i can’t wait for it. i couldn’t decide what version to get ps3 or vita so i pre-ordered both

+ drdre74 on March 16th, 2014 at 9:21 pm said:

If i leave my PS4 on standby mode will Infamous download automatically since i pre order it? Why was there no pre order for metal Gear on PS4 on the PSN store?

+ YorlecmNwahs on March 16th, 2014 at 10:39 pm said:

Soon I shall be Delsin Rowe. Oh yeah!

+ MrSignal on March 16th, 2014 at 11:22 pm said:

Oh please, the odds of the store being delayed twice in one month are stupidly high.
Like Vegas sensing a few easy marks and putting up tempting odds.

A good couple of questions might be about possible sales extensions, maybe some requests for status updates on specific titles.
Like Borderlands 2 for the Vita.
Maybe some more info on future indie developer sales.

+ SYRAPH on March 16th, 2014 at 11:38 pm said:

If I buy Metal Gear Solid Ground Zeroes (PS4) on the 18th, will that count towards the $10 credit promotion? I would buy it right now, but you guys don’t have the ps4 version up for preorder.

+ mOnpOlmel on March 17th, 2014 at 12:22 am said:

iieeyyeeeeeesss!!

+ phoenixkissme_PA on March 17th, 2014 at 1:05 am said:

Ahh.. I wish J-Star could be on the US PSN Store

I guess I will just purchase mine on the Japanese PSN store.

+ neuropunk on March 17th, 2014 at 2:01 am said:

Have yet to see any official confirmation of it being a digital bundle. It’s stupid not to sell them separate. More people would buy them separately than paying for only 1 game they want.

Guess I can’t blame you for not linking proof, since you can’t post links here. i have yet to see official proof, but we’ll know for certain on Tuesday.

+ matthew1836 on March 17th, 2014 at 2:57 am said:

Why isn’t the game in the PS4 playstation store its in the PS3 one

+ ArrantFlame on March 17th, 2014 at 5:51 am said:

Ryan, just wondering when i will be able to digitally download Metal Gear Solid V Ground Zeroes from Playstation Network on the Playstation 4?

+ mastorofpuppetz on March 17th, 2014 at 7:03 am said:

Finally some ps4 games, Infamous looks sick, can’t wait, but going to be hard to peel myself away from Dark Souls 2 what an amazing game.

+ Megulito on March 17th, 2014 at 7:22 am said:

Hey Clements,
A fellow beyonder needs your help. I used to be able to purchase stuff on psn via the website. I am not home often to be on my playstation, because of the work I do, but I still like buying games especially when they are on sale. Can you or Steimer help and or tell me why? Scoop?!

+ Megulito on March 17th, 2014 at 7:23 am said:

Hey Clements,
A fellow beyonder needs your help. I used to be able to purchase stuff on psn via the website. I am not home often to be on my playstation, because of the work I do, but I still like buying games especially when they are on sale. Can you or Steimer help and or tell me why I can’t anymore? The icons for adding to the cart or buying a game disappear once I log in. Scoop?!

+ frendog on March 17th, 2014 at 7:29 am said:

I think enough people have asked that this question needs an answer:

WHERE IS THE METAL GEAR GROUND ZEROES PREORDER FOR PS4???

+ SYRAPH on March 17th, 2014 at 7:30 am said:

Megulito, try another browser and see if they show up or not. If they do, then it’s something related to the browser you’re using (maybe cache, cookies or some other temporary files).

+ Catcher_BR on March 17th, 2014 at 7:42 am said:

Any chance of releasing second son digital on Tuesday ? lots of people already have the retail copy, spoiling everywhere. At least for those who pre-orded.

+ SYRAPH on March 17th, 2014 at 7:46 am said:

Catcher_BR – That won’t be fair to the retail preorder folks then. The retail copies that have leaked, aren’t widespread, from the indication, maybe less than a 1000 people have gotten their hands on them, which isn’t a lot when you consider the number of people interested in the game. Either get rid of the retail street date (and release the digital version on tuesday) or stick with the friday release date for both versions.

+ ImThatGuy on March 17th, 2014 at 7:50 am said:

BEYOND!

+ jqtaxpayer on March 17th, 2014 at 10:07 am said:

Any news on when Minecraft is coming to Vita? :-/

+ DarkStar83x on March 17th, 2014 at 10:25 am said:

Hopefully no issues with the store this week. :) Anyway, excited for Infamous and I don’t even have a PS4 yet!

+ KILLED_by_ZACK on March 17th, 2014 at 10:25 am said:

I’m really getting sick of having to buy retail copies of games because Sony doesn’t let us know when a game will be available digitally. Day 1 Digital on the PS4 store still shows COD as first on the list… then shows The Order- a game that doesn’t even have a release date! But Tomb Raider Definitive had no heads up on the store to assure me I didn’t need to order a physical copy to have it on day 1, and now the same has happened with Metal Gear Ground Zeroes. It’s time to get your act together Sony!

+ Welmosca on March 17th, 2014 at 10:52 am said:

Hmm…Ninja Gaiden Z is already releasing….I really hope for a demo.Luftrausers sure looks interesting and Stealth Inc. “Ultimate Edition”…oh my…this is some bulls***…and Ground Zeroes hahaha…that game is a joke…I’ll be looking forward to see Ground Zeroes for free in the IGC…it’ll come eventually.

That Second Son,damn I wanna play that game…but I would need a PS4 for that ha.

+ Welmosca on March 17th, 2014 at 10:58 am said:

@ 84 MAYHAMM – Hey man…it is the demo…and you have to pay $20 for it.

+ PreatomicAbyss on March 17th, 2014 at 11:49 am said: