GTAV PS4

inFAMOUS Second Son: Ruthless vs. Heroic Gameplay

Sid Shuman's Avatar + Posted by Sid Shuman on Mar 17, 2014 // Senior Manager, Social Media

In inFAMOUS Second Son, your gameplay style and moral choices influence your superhuman powers in profound ways. If you’re a goodie two-shoes when using your Neon powers, you’ll be able to briefly slow time while zooming in for precise shots — crucial for pegging foes in their legs and immobilizing them. If you play as a power-drunk renegade, you’ll want to kill enemies in rapid succession to keep your combo meter growing, which unlocks new abilities more quickly.

We’ve invited two community members to take a shot at playing the game in two different ways. Below, YouTube raconteur whiteboy7thst takes you through the finer points of the Ruthless playstyle, while Minecraft kingpin HojjoshMC shares his Heroic experiences.

Heroic Powers

Ruthless Powers

29 Comments

+ tallsam96 on March 17th, 2014 at 6:48 pm said:

Really one of the highlights of the system in its infancy. Cannot wait until Friday and will be playing on good first then evil.

+ jeremy23jacinto on March 17th, 2014 at 6:49 pm said:

are you guys going to have a midnight launch event in NYC? BTW i platinumed both infamous and 100% on festival of blood… can’t wait for friday

+ Figboy on March 17th, 2014 at 6:51 pm said:

Looks great, as always. Just patiently waiting for Friday, when my CE arrives in the mail! It’s going to be a long week. Of course, this week we’re going to be doing overtime, with possible weekend overtime, so I’m not too happy, but we have to make sure OUR game is getting all the polish it can before launch.

+ Solid_Duff on March 17th, 2014 at 6:51 pm said:

Do any of these videos contain spoilers? I am looking forward to this game but don’t want anything ruined for me.

+ justaccording on March 17th, 2014 at 6:56 pm said:

My PS4 has been waiting patiently for this game to get a good workout. This is going to be an inFAMOUS 3 day weekend!!!

+ saab01 on March 17th, 2014 at 6:57 pm said:

Gorgeous like Olivia Wilde.

+ swiller on March 17th, 2014 at 7:13 pm said:

Video looks heavily edited like he is worried the footage was too boring. The gameplay looks very similar to the previous games honestly. This actually makes a little less enthused.

+ mastorofpuppetz on March 17th, 2014 at 7:24 pm said:

@7, it’s an infamous game what do you expect it ti play like COD?? USeless comment,. Game looks amazing and fun. Explain how you expect an infamous game to NOT play similar to other infamous games?

+ DigiOps on March 17th, 2014 at 7:50 pm said:

So stoked to play this.

+ Heero727 on March 17th, 2014 at 7:53 pm said:

Man oh man….Friday is going to feel so long away, and I’m also quite irritated that I saw 3 live streams up already I’m envious of those who got the game early

+ XerveX on March 17th, 2014 at 7:56 pm said:

I wonder how many games would it take before you can complete the game as an average gamer and how many hours before you can complete the game completing side quest (If there is) and any other stuff… I hope it is morethan 40 Hours like the last of us…
I would prefer a game without online play to focus more on the story. Thank you so much sony…

+ INFIDEL_JIHAD on March 17th, 2014 at 8:13 pm said:

I’m really looking forward to second son … Can’t wait to see how it looks on the PS4 hardware !!! ( In person )

+ darknight_2012 on March 17th, 2014 at 9:26 pm said:

Question, I Will appreciate it if you could answer this for me.

Is Ground Zeroes Day 1 Digital going to be available for download at midnight/pacific time?

+ JnF_Gho5t on March 17th, 2014 at 10:12 pm said:

Can’t wait to try it out myself. Hurry up Friday!

+ LAVOS55 on March 17th, 2014 at 11:24 pm said:

As I said before, I will play my first playthrough the way I feel is right by my personal beliefs, I want to know how heroic or evil I am from the perspective of the story I would be in. Then depending on how I feel at the moment, I will choose a good or evil playthrough for the second or third playthrough of the game. This is how I have ran through the first games, and will continue to do so in the latest installment. Keep up the great work Suckerpunch . I love the Infamous seies, I have continuously 100%ed trophywise from first in the series (Yes including Festival of Blood) and will continue to do so. “Evil is Trendy. The days of good are numbered. Evil shall triumph, so lets party till we drop!” ^_^

+ StalkerD on March 18th, 2014 at 3:34 am said:

Usually I play good route first, to get the good side ending and to play as that on the highest difficulty available from the start. Usually you get an extra difficulty after finishing. Then I play evil side on the hard difficulty setting, as it tends to grant stronger more damaging skills more fitting for a difficult play-through.

+ derb on March 18th, 2014 at 3:36 am said:

Day 1

Need yeee say more?

+ AizawaYuuichi on March 18th, 2014 at 3:40 am said:

Not even watching these videos. I’m going dark these last few days before release, right when you seem to want to start dumping tons of info on us.
All I know is I’m going to play Evil my first time, like I did with inFAMOUS 2, and I will Enjoy My Power.
Second run will be when I actually help the little people, hahaha… bwahahahahaha~!

+ Adam-12 on March 18th, 2014 at 4:47 am said:

I have requested Friday off from work and let everyone know that I will not be available during the weekend.

It is inFAMOUS time!!

So ready to play this game as I loved the first two.

Evil play through first, like always :-)

+ I3loodthirsty on March 18th, 2014 at 6:03 am said:

Any news on if/when we will be able to pre install the game for those of us who pre ordered on the store?

+ inferno_blaze5 on March 18th, 2014 at 7:06 am said:

this game is gonna be freaking awesome cant wait

+ cmdluke on March 18th, 2014 at 8:24 am said:

Can’t wait for this game. I’m just sad that I’m completely booked on friday and won’t be able to play until saturday. =(

+ Welmosca on March 18th, 2014 at 12:55 pm said:

That was some cool gameplays…like I said before many times…Second Son will definitely be one my 1st games when I inevitably buy a PS4…it’ll actually be my 2nd game..1st is Shadow Fall.

+ swiller on March 18th, 2014 at 2:20 pm said:

+ mastorofpuppetz on March 17th, 2014 at 7:24 pm said:

Well I do own both games, but only got around 6 hours in between them. So I’m not a fan per say, but really want to be. I grew tired of some mission types and the enemies snipping from off screen all the time. They did address one of my beefs. The smoke through vent to get to top of buildings solves always having to jump incessantly to get up buildings. That got old after a few hours. If it shows enough differences and improvements I will get. This footage did not sell me except that finishing move on second video was pretty cool!

+ HazeBlaze on March 18th, 2014 at 5:30 pm said:

@24 I think that’s like complaining that an Assassin’s Creed game plays like an Assassin’s Creed game. Either you enjoy the franchise or you don’t. For those that do enjoy AC, I believe that inFamous is easily a better franchise for both the story and the game play. Of course, there will still be some people that aren’t able to get into it.

I pre-ordered the game back in Jan and can’t wait to start playing this weekend! I’ve taken the day off on Friday and told my fiance that I will be unavailable to go anywhere this weekend…. I’m ready! inFamous is up there with the Uncharted franchise for me.

+ yUNGSTAR_512 on March 18th, 2014 at 10:52 pm said:

Can’t wait to pick the game up on friday.

+ drizzybidness on March 20th, 2014 at 9:18 pm said:

is anyone else having trouble with the psn pre-order download? is says i purchased it but it is not in my library or anything for me to download it… can anyone help please?

+ drizzybidness on March 20th, 2014 at 9:20 pm said:

btw it’s 12:18 on the east coast US. not 9:18 pacific like this says.. is that my problem? do i have to wait till 3am?

+ nov_17th on March 23rd, 2014 at 12:01 pm said:

It has become very difficult to play the infamous games as a jerk. I particularly enjoy healing people and just taking down the bad guys without killing them.