PS4-Watch_Dogs

MLB 14 The Show, NBA 2K14 Bundled in PlayStation Sports Pack Vol. 1

Tyler Vaught's Avatar + Posted by Tyler Vaught on Mar 17, 2014 // Sports Brand Manager, MLB The Show

With Opening Day nearly upon us and the NBA Playoffs not too far behind, we’re excited to announce MLB 14 The Show and NBA 2K14 will be available together in PlayStation Sports Pack Vol. 1, launching exclusively for PS3 on April 1st for $89.99. These two titles represent the highest rated Baseball and Basketball franchises in the market over the last several years, and together are the spring’s must-have product for sports gamers.

The pack includes full versions of each game, as well as a bonus of $10 worth of in-game currency: 6000 STUBS for MLB 14 The Show and 20,000 Virtual Currency for NBA 2K14, bringing the total value to $129.99 worth of content for just $89.99.

MLB 14 The Show
MLB 14 The Show returns with new ways to play, more realistic gameplay physics, and the most authentic MLB gameplay experience ever. From the booth to the field, MLB 14 The Show captures the most exciting moments in baseball. Below are just a few of the many new enhancements in MLB 14 The Show:

• Year-to-Year Saves — For the first time in franchise history, saves can be carried over from MLB 14 to future releases of The Show, meaning that gamers won’t have to worry about starting their Franchise or Road to the Show seasons over in years to come.
  • Quick Counts — Users will now be able to play a full nine-inning game in less than 30 minutes, half the time it takes in previous iterations of The Show. Despite the shortened game durations, realistic stats will not be compromised.
  • STUBS — Playing games in MLB 14 The Show rewards players with Stubs. Stubs can be used to purchase additional in-game content — like Road to the Show training points — or used in our new mode, Community Challenges. Stubs can be earned in any mode, and they are not required to progress through a mode. You can still purchase additional in-game content through the PlayStation Store.

PlayStation Sports Pack Vol. 1

NBA 2K14
Following more than 38 Sports Game of the Year and “Best Of” mentions for 2K13, 2K14 rules the virtual hardwood once again. This year, 2K joins forces with the league’s most dominant force: LeBron James. With a soundtrack hand-picked by the King, refined controls featuring the new Pro Stick, the return of Crews, new Signature Skills, enhanced defense including blocked dunks, and more, NBA 2K14 raises the bar yet again. Below are just a few of the numerous new enhancements in NBA 2K14

• Crews — The single-most requested game mode is back! Face off against opposing crews online using your MyPLAYER. Create your logo and face off in 5v5 battles with other crews featuring leaderboards and stats.
  • Pro Stick — Throw down show-stopping moves, pull off intricate shots, and toss flashy no-look passes with deadly accuracy with Pro Stick control. Easily the most intuitive basketball controls ever implemented.
  • King James Soundtrack — Featuring artists and tracks hand-picked by LeBron James, including JAY Z, Eminem, The Black Keys, Daft Punk, and many more.
  • MyTEAM — Back and better than ever, with new player modes, multi and single player tournaments, and much more.

25 Comments

+ ChaoVizua on March 17th, 2014 at 6:45 am said:

Ah! Why can’t we get a PS4 version of this? Almost as importantly, can we get a deal like this with digital downloads? I’ve moved on to digital because I want to support my developers and keep used copies to a minimum. Also, I hate swapping discs.

+ God-Of-Lyf on March 17th, 2014 at 6:45 am said:

Really? Thats still too much for those POS’s and the hell with virtual currency. You guys have peddled that NBA game on every sale we’ve had. Don’t you get it? We don’t want it unless its bargain bin priced like it should be!!!

+ ngreatshark on March 17th, 2014 at 7:02 am said:

Not a bad deal for these 2 together though I’m thinking a lot of people who would want NBA 2k14 already have with the season being 3/4 done. Show fans who may have a faint interest in basketball may be willing to give it a try for an extra $30 in a PS4 version

+ Megulito on March 17th, 2014 at 7:28 am said:

Hey Tyler,
A fellow game needs your help. I used to be able to purchase stuff on psn via the website. I am not home often to be on my playstation, because of the work I do, but I still like buying games especially when they are on sale. Can you help and or tell me why I can’t anymore? The icons for adding to the cart or buying a game disappear once I log in.

+ MarinoBrea on March 17th, 2014 at 7:39 am said:

No PS4 version why?

+ GrafUlrich88 on March 17th, 2014 at 8:06 am said:

Hey Tyler,

This is a good deal, but I plan on getting the PS4 edition of MLB 14. If you offer the same deal on PS4 I will get it.

Cheers!!!

+ Mando44646 on March 17th, 2014 at 8:29 am said:

really frackin expensive bundle there

+ Darth_NODlike on March 17th, 2014 at 8:39 am said:

I was actually hoping to see a PS3 and Vita bundle for The Show. Really hoping for cross-buy, but I don’t think that is happening.

+ i_like_toast on March 17th, 2014 at 9:15 am said:

Weird that 2k would pair with The show over their own baseball game.

Still, needs to be for the ps4 to have my personal interest.

+ Welmosca on March 17th, 2014 at 10:37 am said:

Oh no that ugly blue….take it off from the PS3 boxes….please bring back the black.So…thats a very odd combination….didn’t 2K had their own MLB game?…weird to see these 2 bundled.

+ purse317 on March 17th, 2014 at 10:45 am said:

Well I was going to buy it for my ps4 but oh well guess not

+ derFunk on March 17th, 2014 at 11:43 am said:

What about a digital upgrade with the Show? Will I get a discount on the PS4 version if I buy the PS3 version, either digitally or disc?

+ TYruler50 on March 17th, 2014 at 12:00 pm said:

Eh I don’t like baseball and 2k14 isn’t better than 2k13

+ D-Squad3 on March 17th, 2014 at 12:22 pm said:

Um, you’re not getting my money unless there’s a PS4 version.

#Thisisfortheplayers

+ Train1999 on March 17th, 2014 at 12:37 pm said:

Not Bad video. However I already preorder my MLB 14 The Show on PS3. It’s for digital download only.

+ chiefsfan005 on March 17th, 2014 at 2:00 pm said:

If only a Ps4 version or maybe a digital upgrade to Ps4

+ dylonus on March 17th, 2014 at 2:10 pm said:

lol at God-Of-Lyf “Really? Thats still too much for those POS’s and the hell with virtual currency. You guys have peddled that NBA game on every sale we’ve had. Don’t you get it? We don’t want it unless its bargain bin priced like it should be!!”

MLB The Show is a POS? You obviously don’t know what good gaming is if you think The Show is a garbage game. It’s the reason some people have purchased PS3′s. I know people who aren’t even MLB fans that purchase it just because of how good it is.

+ ssjx227 on March 17th, 2014 at 3:35 pm said:

This is awesome! Ha. Since The Show finally killed 2K Baseball. It’s funny two years ago 2K started doing this with their two franchises and now they partner with Sony.

It’s also funny that Sony basically has a monopoly over the Baseball sim now. I sure hope they don’t get lazy like everyone claims EA has!

+ davidxraw on March 17th, 2014 at 4:28 pm said:

Will we be seeing a Best of PlayStation Network Vol. 2 anytime soon?

+ Minus_da_Bears on March 17th, 2014 at 5:47 pm said:

It’s funny because San Diego studies put away the MLB 2k series out of business and now they team up. Great games and good deal but the only gripe is that it is not available on PS4.

+ tusunami on March 17th, 2014 at 6:50 pm said:

It’s interesting but apparently there’s a market out there for people that has a interest in these games.

+ Sgt_0951 on March 18th, 2014 at 12:40 am said:

2K14 has a few good aspects to it, but is such a downgrade overall compared to 2K13. Not worth it.

+ Chuck_Brown on March 19th, 2014 at 10:43 pm said:

Will this be available in Canada?????

+ IamAdderlym on March 31st, 2014 at 5:45 am said:

I like it, it’ll be digital only? i would love have the CDs

+ l8nightplaya on April 3rd, 2014 at 1:34 pm said:

will PS4 version of The Show be bundled with a game when it is released next month?