PS4 - Batman Arkham Knight

PlayStation Plus: Thomas Was Alone & Unit 13 for Members

Kristine Steimer's Avatar + Posted by Kristine Steimer on Mar 17, 2014 // Sr. Community Specialist

Thomas Was Alone is a charming puzzle platformer where a group of AI shapes try to find their way through various environments. Who knew that basic shapes could be so adorable? Each new friend brings something unique to the puzzle solving formula, so you’ll need to figure out how to use their talents to your advantage. This title is also Cross-Buy, so Plus members will receive this for both PS3 and PS Vita.

Unit 13 will help you get your third person shooter fix on the go. There are plenty of missions to perfect your skills, and you can select different soldiers depending on what the task at hand is. With various objectives like staying in stealth or clearing an area ASAP, be sure to pick to your soldier wisely.

Our Spring Fever sale is also continuing this week with discounts on Steamworld Dig and Luftrausers as well as a bunch of Grand Theft Auto franchise discounts.

PS Plus 3-18-2014

PlayStation Plus: Instant Game Collection

Thomas Was Alone (PS3)

Free for PS Plus members

Thomas Was Alone
Thomas Was Alone is the critically acclaimed indie platformer about friendship and jumping. Guide a group of sentient rectangles through a series of environments, combining their skills to reach the end of each level. Listen to awesome music by David Housden, negotiate obstacles meticulously placed by Mike Bithell and immerse yourself in the characters’ journey with a voiceover read wistfully and amusingly by Danny Wallace.
Unit 13 (PS Vita)

Free for PS Plus members

Unit 13
Jump into the action with Unit 13 for PlayStation Vita and conquer 36 tactical missions and 9 high value target battles as you help take down global terror networks and earn your place in the military elite. With the precision of the PlayStation Vita systems’s dual analog sticks and unique touch interface, Unit 13 is the perfect on-the-go action shooter. Wi-Fi connectivity adds fast 2-player co-op action, and 3G compatibility keeps you connected for instant social updates and new daily mission challenges.

PlayStation Plus: Discounts

Atomic Ninjas (PS3) $2.09 $2.99
Foosball 2012 (PS Vita) $2.09 $2.99
Foosball 2012 (PS3) $2.09 $2.99
Real Boxing $5.00 $9.99
The Impossible Game $0.74 $0.99

PlayStation Plus: Last Chance

If you’ve got feedback on today’s Plus update make sure vote in the poll and leave a comment below. To discuss all things PlayStation, including this update, you can also head over to the PlayStation Community Forums where you’ll find topics you can contribute your thoughts to, or start one for yourself.

PAGE 1 2 3

+ Gamer_USA- on March 17th, 2014 at 8:11 pm said:

Unit 13 was a great game and remains one of my favorite platinum to have obtained!

+ ngreatshark on March 17th, 2014 at 8:37 pm said:

Man I love PS +. Was just think about giving Unit 13 a go last week

+ Shazamkaykay on March 17th, 2014 at 10:44 pm said:

But still, when is MONSTER HUNTER coming out on PS plus though.
Got my subscription because of MH but it seems like I gotta wait til the end of the month for this game.
Any confirmation on this?

+ ThumbsOfSteel74 on March 18th, 2014 at 12:30 am said:

Monster Hunter: Freedom Unite (PS Vita): See comment #15 and the official reply. :)

I’ve never seen a game announced in the monthly Plus preview that wasn’t free by the end of the month. 1-2 games per week, always with the store update (usually by 2pm PST on Tuesday).

Okay, I know some may see this as nitpicking: It actually *hasn’t* been confirmed if spending $59.97/$59.98 will qualify you for the $10 back promotion. Logically, there has to be a lower limit. Right now the lowest official number is $59.99. I would strongly suggest you buy a $0.49 avatar (or anything else, just saying that’s the cheapest item possible) to push you over $60.

+ Sgt_0951 on March 18th, 2014 at 12:53 am said:

I guess I’ll buy all the PS2/PS3 GTA games I don’t have already.

Not much else for me, otherwise, but that’s okay. We’ll see what next week brings and then move on to April.

Thanks for the great deals you’ve given us in PS Plus. I still regret not joining sooner than I did.

+ DADERRTY1 on March 18th, 2014 at 2:25 am said:

am i the only one still waiting on monster hunter freedom unite cant wait

+ DADERRTY1 on March 18th, 2014 at 2:31 am said:

you know what would be awesome if free game line up for april had playstation allstars battle royale for vita

+ puntja on March 18th, 2014 at 4:24 am said:

a discount of super puzzle fighter 2 turbo would be great! that game costs 10$ since forever :-\

+ SMG_ELEMENT on March 18th, 2014 at 5:38 am said:

I bought infamous second son literally 20 minutes before the 10$ promo got put up in the ps store will I still be getting the ten dollars back since I bought it the same day the promo was out up?

+ MortalKombat2K7 on March 18th, 2014 at 6:28 am said:

I’ll be back from work tonight to buy those GTA games. I am not really interested in Thomas Was Alone but since it part of the subscription, I might as well try it.

+ CraddaPoosta on March 18th, 2014 at 6:33 am said:

So, we should receive the $10 credit by March 24th, right?

I think I will hold off on buying five of those GTA titles until I get my credit.

Then again, Sony has kind of been kicking ass this year as far as the discounts offered on PS+. I’m sure I’ll find something to spend it on.

+ steveamro on March 18th, 2014 at 10:35 am said:

nothing for me this week too

+ ezaviar on March 18th, 2014 at 11:20 am said:

What time does the store normally update?

+ kikcho on March 18th, 2014 at 1:27 pm said:

aasñdlfjksadkfjñaksjdf, ” after the PlayStation Store updates thursday, 3/20″ is what they should write……. ¬¬’

+ SUPREME-FM1985 on March 18th, 2014 at 2:20 pm said:

“You can download Thomas Was Alone and Unit 13 after the PlayStation Store updates tomorrow, 3/18.”

IS EVERYBODY READY FOR LAST WEEK’S REPEAT????????????????????????????????????????

+ SUPREME-FM1985 on March 18th, 2014 at 2:20 pm said:

AGAIN.

+ SUPREME-FM1985 on March 18th, 2014 at 2:21 pm said:

AND AGAIN.

+ SUPREME-FM1985 on March 18th, 2014 at 2:22 pm said:

AND ONE MORE TIME FINALLY AGAIN.

5:22PM EASTERN STANDARD TIME
NEW YORK, NY

NO UPDATE IN SIGHT.

+ salsa2good on March 18th, 2014 at 2:23 pm said:

where are the ps+ prices for the GTA games? what’s wrong with sony this month

+ joufes on March 18th, 2014 at 2:31 pm said:

from twitter “Update: PlayStation Store may be a few hours late today in fully publishing. We’ll keep you posted!”

that was 1 hour ago

+ TooLegit505 on March 18th, 2014 at 3:33 pm said:

Where is Unit 13? Store needs to hurry up and update………

+ SinsUnl on March 18th, 2014 at 3:33 pm said:

i still think it weird how sony expects us to look on twitter for info instead of posting it here after all this is tha PSBLOG right?

+ TooLegit505 on March 18th, 2014 at 3:34 pm said:

Lol, a few hours late i wonder when it will finally update i guess tomorrow

+ joufes on March 18th, 2014 at 3:55 pm said:

Yea I learned my lesson last week and dint bother checking the blog this time

+ SinsUnl on March 18th, 2014 at 4:24 pm said:

if u look n indies section u can dl thomas was alone free it still wasnt on psplus page yet tho

+ BloodyYuki29 on March 18th, 2014 at 4:34 pm said:

FFx/x2 for the ps3 were JUST ADDED!

+ joufes on March 18th, 2014 at 4:39 pm said:

I’ve had my physical copy since this morning XD

+ salsa2good on March 18th, 2014 at 4:40 pm said:

yay! partial update FTW

+ djfreakssowrd on March 18th, 2014 at 5:28 pm said:

does anybody know when minecraft comes out for ps4

+ theXsilentXchild on March 18th, 2014 at 5:35 pm said:

Deja vu

+ The_Great_Ska on March 18th, 2014 at 5:48 pm said:

Yayy!!! Its finally live! ;)

+ PainOfSarrow on March 18th, 2014 at 7:02 pm said:

is it micky mouse ?

+ red_shuffler on March 19th, 2014 at 5:29 am said:

Please, stop with the Vita madness! There is not enough interest in the Vita for you to have as many Plus deals as you have! I know you feel bad for it or whatever, but you need to focus more on the PS3 and the PS4.

+ CraddaPoosta on March 19th, 2014 at 8:14 am said:

I, for one, am kind of happy with all the love the Vita has been getting lately.

The PS3 probably has another year or two, max, of getting solid support. Now that the PS4 is out, the Vita is going to become much, much more attractive a platform.

Final Fantasy X-X2 HD Remix is worth having a Vita for. Trust me.

+ mikeslemonade on March 20th, 2014 at 2:56 am said:

Thomas was alone is example why graphics really matter. The game has good gameplay but ultra simplistic graphics. It honestly hurts the game a lot.

+ PrimeroIncognito on March 20th, 2014 at 11:33 pm said:

@ mikeslemonade

Actually, you just explained exactly why graphics DON’T matter. :)

A game can’t be “hurt” by a simplistic aesthetic. That’s impossible. You can’t play the graphics.

+ ThumbsOfSteel74 on March 21st, 2014 at 4:26 am said:

I’m not sure if this was his point, but simplistic graphics do matter in the following way: They automatically hurt a game’s sales among graphics slaves. I can understand wanting games to push the hardware, and I love so many AAA titles (mostly sequels after a while). But IMHO indies like TWA are good enough to overcome assumptions that they will suck because they don’t look sophisticated by today’s standards. I’ll admit to a certain skepticism that it would hold my interest, but I loved it.

Don’t get me wrong; there are plenty of games that look like super-simple pieces of crap that are exactly what they seem to be. But many games without mind-blowing graphics suffer not even because they aren’t made well, but because people enjoy saying they suck.

Play games for yourselves. If you find that you never enjoy games with simple graphics, that’s okay too. Life goes on. :)

+ GG-Hephaestus on March 21st, 2014 at 7:55 am said:

Question why did “Contrast” disappear so quickly?

+ TooLegit505 on March 21st, 2014 at 10:03 am said:

Good lord I am tired of seeing Wipeout, Gravity Rush, and Uncharted in the free Vita games. Cant they get a “last chance?” They have been on there since i got my system. Cant you guys replace them with new free games?

+ XNikoN23 on March 22nd, 2014 at 3:08 am said:

Why not see in GB account, how UNIT13 free in ps plus members??? Only just US account?

PAGE 1 2 3