PS4 - Batman Arkham Knight

inFAMOUS Second Son on PS4 Today, Bonus Content Now Available

Brian Fleming's Avatar + Posted by Brian Fleming on Mar 21, 2014 // Sucker Punch Productions

inFAMOUS Second Son

Click here to see the full gallery

All of us at Sucker Punch are super excited about the launch of Second Son today! We spent almost three years bringing Delsin and his powers to life, now it’s time for you all to ENJOY those powers! Have a great time, and let us know what you think about it all @SuckerPunchProd.

Don’t forget to download the patch! It comes with a nice little surprise called inFAMOUS Paper Trail. What’s that? It’s a FREE bonus extension for inFAMOUS Second Son that expands the universe and gameplay by weaving seamlessly on and beyond your PS4. You will pursue missions to unravel the mysteries behind the D.U.P. and the cover-up of a violent suicide through this time-released story. New content will be released every week for the first six weeks after launch of the game, offering almost five hours of additional content available to everyone who has a copy of inFAMOUS Second Son and a PSN account. To learn more about inFAMOUS Paper Trail go to inFAMOUSPaperTrail.com/about or check out the FAQ.

inFAMOUS Second SoninFAMOUS Second Son

Combine that with the extra content available in the Cole’s Legacy pre-order DLC and we think you’ll have plenty to enjoy with your new copy of inFAMOUS Second Son!

PAGE 1 2 3

+ bigsgg71 on March 21st, 2014 at 7:37 am said:

Oh yes!

+ T3DV0L70L1N4 on March 21st, 2014 at 7:39 am said:

I’m refreshing the UPS tracking page every 5 minutes. I really hope I don’t have to wait until the 5pm delivery to get my copy!

+ uolliac on March 21st, 2014 at 7:41 am said:

Picked up a physical copy at my local walmart

Came home, installed on the drive…
Run the Game, then I cant get past the first screen (the one with 2 birds making a star) that i get an ERROR MSG:

The disk or hard drive is corrupt, please quit the game.

So is an 80$ coaster for me right now …..

Brian Fleming's Avatar

+ Ken Schramm on March 21st, 2014 at 2:44 pm said:

You’ve probably tried everything, but one resolution to this might be that there are fingerprints on the outside of, or anywhere on the disc. You may actually have a corrupt Hard Drive, at which case they would need to Initialize their PS4 through the Settings menu. You can also try here: https://support.us.playstation.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/5265/

+ Andrashi on March 21st, 2014 at 7:47 am said:

Left it downloading before going to work… I can’t wait to get home and play this piece of pure awesomeness!!! \m/

PS: Thank you sooo much for the play-as-you-download feature!

Cheers!

Brian Fleming's Avatar

+ Ken Schramm on March 21st, 2014 at 2:45 pm said:

Glad you like the feature… we think it is pretty cool as well.

+ DEAD___POOL on March 21st, 2014 at 7:47 am said:

Awesome.

I have a question though. Why is the PSN Store price the same as the Retail Price? I was going to download Infamous via PSN to fully support Sucker Punch and Sony, but it’s listed as $69? C’mon, thats just not right. It should be $8-$10 less. Don’t be surprised if a lot more people start looking for used copies of this game.

Just saying.

Brian Fleming's Avatar

+ Ken Schramm on March 21st, 2014 at 2:47 pm said:

We hear you, but we do not set the pricing structure. We’ll place a bug in sales ear though :) Open world game, we hope you take your time two play thrus, collectibles, side missions, Paper Trail equal a lot of fun.

+ JnF_Gho5t on March 21st, 2014 at 7:57 am said:

Picking up my pre-order soon. Can’t wait to get my hands on the amazing work Sucker Punch has done on the game.

+ TwinDad on March 21st, 2014 at 7:58 am said:

Sadly, I’m only interested in playing your game to see your artistic take on the city of Seattle.

Brian Fleming's Avatar

+ Ken Schramm on March 21st, 2014 at 2:49 pm said:

Well that is not a bad reason. Do you live in Seattle? You’ll notice of course the Space Needle. But, also make sure to check out the Pacific Science Center, Monorail, Pink Elephant Car Wash, Lincoln Toe Truck and of course the Gum Wall among many others. It is not a 1 to 1 in other words no Google maps tour, but hopefully you’ll enjoy your trek through “our” Seattle.

+ Pikmologist on March 21st, 2014 at 8:14 am said:

I’m really interested in picking this up today.

+ Gmork___ on March 21st, 2014 at 8:14 am said:

picking up my pre-ordere after work. cant wait!

+ Bad_Brains on March 21st, 2014 at 8:17 am said:

Gonna be a loooooooooooooooooong day at work for sure. Can’t wait for 4:30 to roll around so I can get out of here and pick up my copy and proceed to play all night! Been looking forward to it. Congratulations on getting the game finished and out.

+ BahumatIsBack on March 21st, 2014 at 8:24 am said:

I preordered the digital Limited Edition copy from PSN. It won’t let me download any of the DLC. It says Cannot download. An error has occurred. (CE-32920-6). I can’t even download the DLC from the PS4′s store or my Library. For it to even attempt to download the DLC I have to go to the web store and download the game to my PS4 from there. I can’t even start the download of the individual DLC from the web store’s download list

Please fix this

+ dodgedoors on March 21st, 2014 at 8:27 am said:

just picked it up and downloading my dlc etc. wooooo lookout everyone there goes my weekend. I hope my sister has a happy birthday because I won’t be there.

+ GummyCore on March 21st, 2014 at 8:27 am said:

How do we get this “5 hours of additional content”? Do we have to download a free DLC every week for 6 weeks? Or will it be automatically patched into the PS4 game every week? If we miss some of these weekly time-released contents, will they be gone forever or will released content be available forever?

There is no FAQ at the linked site. Do we have to “sign up” for anything at that site to get the 5 hours contents? That site seems to be for pre-order, quite confusing.

Brian Fleming's Avatar

+ Ken Schramm on March 21st, 2014 at 2:51 pm said:

This is Paper Trail. We are working on an FAQ and will post shortly. More info on Paper Trail then.

+ stlthriot on March 21st, 2014 at 8:29 am said:

Extremely gorgeous and had so much fun with the first hour! Now to be off of work for the day :D

Just picked up my PS4 yesterday and I love that you can download about 5.5 GB of the file and then start playing while it downloads the remaining 22 GB! :)

+ Clover904 on March 21st, 2014 at 8:29 am said:

Absolutely love this game! Stayed up to download the game as soon as it was available (play as you download rocks, but can’t wait for the pre-download feature) and haven’t gotten off until about 30 minute ago. At one point I did lie down, but then I busted out my Vita to try inFamous via remote-play. Wow! All I can say is that Sucker Punch rocked the Vita controls. The game is an absolute blast.

Brian Fleming's Avatar

+ Ken Schramm on March 21st, 2014 at 2:51 pm said:

Awesome to hear you are enjoying the remote play feature.

+ dodgedoors on March 21st, 2014 at 8:32 am said:

@11 are you still having trouble? my dlc went right through

+ BahumatIsBack on March 21st, 2014 at 8:40 am said:

@16. Yes I am. I was on with support and they said it’s supposed to just show up later in the game even though it says it can’t download on my end. Was there an actual download for these DLC and if so can you check the file sizes for me? I would really appreciate it so I can go back to support with some concrete info and try to get this fixed

Brian Fleming's Avatar

+ Ken Schramm on March 21st, 2014 at 2:52 pm said:

Ah yes, the Cole Legacy mission are sprinkled in if you will. They’ll populate as you finish story missions, etc.

+ stlthriot on March 21st, 2014 at 8:50 am said:

On a sidenote, I noticed PS4 can download multiple files but i sure wish there was a way to pause some if you add a lot, so it can focus on the one I want most first.

+ ucsmjc97 on March 21st, 2014 at 8:53 am said:

I preordered infamous and can’t download any of the bonus content!!!! PLEASE FIX IT

+ LoBridge on March 21st, 2014 at 9:04 am said:

I downloaded the game last night and played for a couple hours this morning. Fantastic so far, can’t wait to see what’s ahead. For the downloadable content it allowed me to download it after I had played for a while. You might want to give it a try once you get into the city proper. I did not have to re-download it just downloaded itself at some point.

+ gwarlito on March 21st, 2014 at 9:05 am said:

I went out and bought the game at midnight last night. Without spoiling anything, I love the story and interaction with Delsin’s brother so far, and the game is absolutely beautiful.

I downloaded the DLC, and the vests show up just fine. How do I play the Cole Legacy DLC? does it unlock after the game? Or after a certain point? I thought it might have been a video which I woulda watched right away. just wondering

Brian Fleming's Avatar

+ Ken Schramm on March 21st, 2014 at 2:53 pm said:

After a certain point… Cole’s Legacy mission populate.

+ Deadpoolian on March 21st, 2014 at 9:10 am said:

Waiting for my copy to show up in the mail. It’s supposed to arrive today, although I haven’t gotten any sort of email from walmart saying that it’s shipped. @_@ I haven’t been this excited for a game in a while! This’ll be my first taste of next-gen.

+ gwarlito on March 21st, 2014 at 9:22 am said:

again, my DLC vests show up just fine.

after reading into the Cole Legacy DLC, the are playable missions, so I’m sure the show up later on at some point. sorry for my confusion, just wasn’t sure where they were or when they were available

+ Ryumoau on March 21st, 2014 at 9:27 am said:

Gamefly shipped the game yesturday, so i should hopefully receive it tomorrow.

+ HaHaHyEnA on March 21st, 2014 at 9:39 am said:

I dont have a PS4 but i bought this game for my friend who does just to play it!!! I cant wait till i get off work infamous is one of my favorite series and this is easily the best in the series based on reviews and analysis ive watched :) oh and BEYOND!!!

+ Skater_Ricky on March 21st, 2014 at 9:47 am said:

Been trying out “inFamous: Second Son” with the new sound settings for the new “PlayStation Gold Wireless Headset” and it sounds amazing. If you have these headsets I damand everyone stop playing for 1-2 minutes and go into the newly updated “Headset Companion App” and plug in your headset to your PS4 via USB and apply the new inFamous settings to #2 on your headset. I tested the game without the new settings for like 5 minutes then went back and applyed the new sound settings and changed the audio in the game to the headset audio and WOW is what I got out of it. I’ll be streaming live via Twitch today find me by searching “Battlefield_Chaos” on Twitch.

Brian Fleming's Avatar

+ Ken Schramm on March 21st, 2014 at 2:54 pm said:

Sweet! Thanks for the shout out on the SS mode for the headsets. We too think it improves the experience.

+ boxmyth on March 21st, 2014 at 10:15 am said:

Picking it up after work today. You can guess what I’ll be doing all weekend :)

+ EvoAnubis on March 21st, 2014 at 10:19 am said:

For those that can’t seem to download their additional content because of the error messages, don’t worry about it. It did the exact same thing to me and I was freaking out, but everything was actually fine. Playing the first mission of Cole’s Legacy right now.

The only thing I can’t figure out is how to link my Paper Trails account with my PSN.

Brian Fleming's Avatar

+ Ken Schramm on March 21st, 2014 at 2:55 pm said:

We are going to be posting an FAQ shortly that will explain all on Paper Trail.

+ chatomachida99 on March 21st, 2014 at 10:24 am said:

I pre-order my digital Limited copy, and i recibe all the BONUS content, very excited about the game, i play the intro and i only just say WOW, thanks a lot for this amazing game GUYS!

+ Phillyblunz on March 21st, 2014 at 10:34 am said:

Love Infamous 1, actually stared replaying it last night this time as evil cole. Then I will unwrap Infamous 2 which i have had on my shelf sinc eit launched but couldnt play as i havent `fully`completed part 1, lol.

But looking at this day and age, especially with the big price hike we experienced here in Canada its time for someone awesome to make a stand for consumers.

I think Sucker Punch is just that someone.

Follow the footsteps of ground zero, the digital copy isnt a physical object, you dont have to sell half of what you ship to make a profit back, in truth you selling a single copy 1000`s of times.

Supply and demand comes into play, you have an unlimited supply, so in comparison to demand…….

You know the digital price should be at least $10 cheaper, bringing it right back to what the cost of a full game should be $60.

Dont tell me you cant make money selling games at $60, cause at $70 a lot of people will just buy used for $40 or so, how much money do you make off that my friend…..

You can have the rest of this month to get the early birds then I expect a $10-$15 drop in the PSN price.

make it so numba 1.

So says Phillyblunz!!!

+ RAFAEL2BRs on March 21st, 2014 at 10:35 am said:

how do I link my game with Infamous Paper Trail? ive completed all the unlocked items so far, but i dont see where i link it to my game? help please!!!!

+ Welmosca on March 21st, 2014 at 10:35 am said:

I don’t have a PS4…but I gotta say other than Shadow Fall and Resogun…Second Son is definitely one of the motives why I would want to have a PS4 right now lol.Game looks great and the graphics are just top-notch phenomenal.

+ Cguy09 on March 21st, 2014 at 10:45 am said:

Mailman just dropped off my pre-ordered copy. Won’t have time till tonight to play, but looking forward to it!

+ Thwip on March 21st, 2014 at 11:01 am said:

Just grabbed my pre-ordered copy from Future Shop here in Canada moments ago. Can’t wait to play later tonight. I’m a little surprised there was no pre-order bonus when I picked up my copy. Any insight?

+ Tchanku on March 21st, 2014 at 11:06 am said:

It’s sitting in my car waiting for my workday to end.

+ Mr2it388 on March 21st, 2014 at 11:07 am said:

Am I the only one that could care less about this game? I played both Prototypes and its hard to throw down 60 bucks for game I just dont care about. I have zero games to play but I hate buying a game just to buy it. I looked at demo’s and it looks pretty but thats it. I rather wait for Mercenary Kings, Destiny and Watch Dogs and hopefully The Last of Us the summer. (on PS4)

+ HaHaHyEnA on March 21st, 2014 at 11:22 am said:

@36 infamous and prototype are two totally different games, with infamous being alot more enjoyable to play in my oppinion, so if prototype is your reason to being uninterested i would highly suggest giving this game a shot still, or at least playing infamous 1 and 2 before judging this one ( both are on sale this week btw) :)

P.S. is anyone is having networking errors it is because the PSN is down for small matenence and will be back up shortly :)

+ MultiDarkShadow on March 21st, 2014 at 11:26 am said:

Still need to get myself a PS4 for this game. Congrats on the launch, Sucker Punch!

+ StingrayX on March 21st, 2014 at 11:32 am said:

Sweet!

+ swimquick on March 21st, 2014 at 12:09 pm said:

How do we link Paper Trail to our PSN account?

+ IcedDice777 on March 21st, 2014 at 12:11 pm said:

Will be picking up my Collectors edition from Gamestop before i head to work.

Sony and Sucker Punch should talk to Disney/Marvel and have Sucker Punch make a Spiderman Vs. Venom Original Super hero game. Marvel is looking for their Batman Arkham games. Sucker Punch could deliver!

+ Tempus_Fugit86 on March 21st, 2014 at 12:25 pm said:

I loved infamous 1 & 2, but 80 bones for collectors edition and the beenie is just too small? i have hair ok a lot of hair but this beenie is made for a hobbit. Other than that its alrite, at the minute i still prefer 1 over second son , as games for me are not about graphics its about gameplay, which seems to be lacking in all ps4 games right now. I mean seriously im really dissapointed , i just hope watchdogs and destiny save this from being an average gaming year.

+ russdyer77 on March 21st, 2014 at 12:26 pm said:

Phillyblunz & DEAD___POOL

Not sure what you see, but Infamous SS is still listed digitally at $59.99 here in the USA. Are you Canadians? If so, that’s why – exchange rate yo! PS4 consoles are $450 in canadian and prices are going up for accessories as well.

+ ThakidIg on March 21st, 2014 at 12:30 pm said:

You should patch in a weather controller. So after we finish the game, we can play around with the time of day.

+ tusunami on March 21st, 2014 at 12:37 pm said:

Awe yeah free content this will be the best for sure. Now I have to get my copy still from the store!!!!!!!!

+ lisatsunami on March 21st, 2014 at 12:41 pm said:

Just picked up my CE at GameStop. Seems to be selling well, so congratulations. Can’t wait to play, but will be switching back and forth with Dark Souls 2, also.

+ Fuzzypaws on March 21st, 2014 at 12:47 pm said:

I also pre-ordered from the PSN Store and am getting error CE-32920-6. From what I’ve found it has to do with the DLC not matching the region the game is from. How is that possible? I bought it digitally.

+ CrispyCanuk on March 21st, 2014 at 12:48 pm said:

No way to link accounts yet?

+ purestchaos on March 21st, 2014 at 12:53 pm said:

@T3DV0L70L1N4 : you’re lucky it’s coming today. Mine has been stuck at a sorting facility not 90 minutes from my house since 5:35am yesterday. I won’t get a chance to play it until Monday.

That being said, I have enjoyed the reviews from all over on it. Looks spectacular.

Guess I’ll be investigating the inFamousPaperTrail.com this weekend…

+ OrangeMonkey on March 21st, 2014 at 1:06 pm said:

I have a backlog of PS3 games that i need to finish, waiting for DLNA update (lets not get into that), and waiting for more titles to come out for the next gem consoles, is whats keeping me from a PS4 but this title makes it real temping. LOL a bundle would be nice

PAGE 1 2 3