LittleBigPlanet 3

This Week in PlayStation: Welcome to Seattle

Justin Massongill's Avatar + Posted by Justin Massongill on Mar 22, 2014 // SCEA Social Media Specialist

Virtual reality! Immersive gaming experiences! Laurence Fishburne jokes!

We finally took the covers off Project Morpheus this week, throwing our hat into the emerging world of Virtual Reality. This baby’s still a prototype, but it’s showing immense promise so far.

That’s not all we got this week, either. Long-awaited superhuman adventure inFAMOUS Second Son is out now on PS4 (make sure you check out the Paper Trail missions… super cool), and gamers are all over it. Careful with those Twitch streams though — spoilers abound!

Oh, and let’s not forget Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes, Final Fantasy X | X2 HD Remaster, and Vlambeer’s new arcade dogfighting sim Luftrausers, either. What a wild week it’s been… and I haven’t even mentioned GDC 2014!

Other highlights: Share enhancements and HDCP off coming to PS4 in an upcoming update, PS Vita is getting a gaggle of new apps, and we got a closer look at the upcoming supernatural thriller Murdered: Soul Suspect.

Quick aside: I worked pretty hard behind the scenes on this piece highlighting our on-site music studio and the incredible work they did on the Second Son soundtrack. I’m really proud of the final product — shouts out to all the folks who helped make it happen.

What are you playing?

• I’m playing: inFAMOUS Second Son, Luftrausers, Dark Souls II
  • I’m watching: Second Son and Dark Souls Twitch streams
  • I’m listening to: The Strokes, the inFAMOUS Second Son soundtrack

This Week’s Top 10 Posts

Most-Watched Video of the Week

+ dlhdav7 on March 22nd, 2014 at 10:31 pm said:

infamous is a great game !

Justin Massongill's Avatar

+ Justin Massongill on March 24th, 2014 at 1:30 am said:

It is! I just wrapped up the Platinum on it a few hours ago, after doing pretty much nothing else for the past few days. Still planning to hop back in to do the Paper Trail / Cole’s Legacy stuff though. So good.

+ Husteen on March 22nd, 2014 at 10:43 pm said:

infamous’ graphics look insanely good on the youtube videos i watched. i can’t wait to see what it looks like in person. will definitely get that game after i get a ps4.

Justin Massongill's Avatar

+ Justin Massongill on March 24th, 2014 at 1:31 am said:

It looks incredible. Real next-gen stuff.

+ EvoAnubis on March 22nd, 2014 at 10:54 pm said:

No time to talk right now, Justin; Seattle needs me!

*laughs* I’m loving the game so far. Already did my hero playthrough, and now I’m off to become infamous!

Justin Massongill's Avatar

+ Justin Massongill on March 24th, 2014 at 1:31 am said:

Sweet! Let me know what you think of Heroic vs. Ruthless once you’ve finished. I actually prefer one playthrough over the other, but I won’t say which!

+ Squirtbot on March 22nd, 2014 at 11:17 pm said:

The Paper Trail website does not work well with my iPad… Or maybe the website is unfinished?

Justin Massongill's Avatar

+ Justin Massongill on March 24th, 2014 at 1:32 am said:

Hmmm, not sure about that — haven’t tried it on a tablet myself, only on my laptop. Have you tried a computer to see if it works there?

+ megalodonshark on March 22nd, 2014 at 11:22 pm said:

well it seems that most things are good for those that live in the playstation world these days.
i am really looking forward to Deception IV: Blood Ties, but i would really love to see the original 3 deception games get released to the north american playstation store, for the simple fact that those games have set the pace and tone for this fifth game to be released. Japan already has the first 3 games on their store so why not, it would make for really good sales just so people that have not played the originals to get a very solid background into the series.
i’m playing – Infamous, Infamous 2, and Infamous: Festival of Blood
I’m watching – Arrow
I’m listening to – AC/DC

+ auron1014 on March 22nd, 2014 at 11:44 pm said:

@4
Since the game launched on Friday, that site has been kinda broken, but just now I tried it again and it finally seems to be working smoothly, so give it another shot!

+ AizawaYuuichi on March 23rd, 2014 at 1:44 am said:

Just finished the Second Son platinum, haha. Such a good game. And I definitely liked the Hero ending better this time (which I played second), whereas I feel the Evil endings were better in the first two. Personal opinion, of course.

I’m playing: South Park: Stick of Truth, Dead Nation: AE, other filler until DW8: XL CE releases on Tuesday
I’m watching: The Blacklist
I’m listening to: The PS4 menu music

+ destruction1983 on March 23rd, 2014 at 2:31 am said:

Loving infamous :))

+ n0cDk3y on March 23rd, 2014 at 6:34 am said:

The Strokes-’All the Time’…or maybe ‘Someday’? ‘Razorblade’? The old standby ‘Reptilia’?

Justin Massongill's Avatar

+ Justin Massongill on March 24th, 2014 at 1:33 am said:

Their newer one actually — Comedown Machine. Sid mentioned that it was really good, so I gave it a go, and he’s right. It’s really good.

+ duke301 on March 23rd, 2014 at 7:03 am said:

I’m Playing: inFAMOUS: Second Son, Tomb Raider Definitive Edition, Final Fantasy X HD Remaster
I’m Watching: Star Trek: Enterprise
I’m Listening to: Not much at the moment, too busy watching and playing!

+ JENNY101282 on March 23rd, 2014 at 7:05 am said:

Just finished I:SS last night. Or this morning I should say, at 3:30am xD Was a GREAT game. Now to play it on EVIL KARMA!!

+ Alastor424 on March 23rd, 2014 at 9:13 am said:

InFamous is really good. I’m almost done already though:( I hope there is a new game plus this time.

Delsin is the coolest main character ever haha. He reminds me of Dante from DmC, but cooler.
I love the biblical references in the game like the mark of the beast and “he who casts the first stone..”
So awesome. Great game.

Justin Massongill's Avatar

+ Justin Massongill on March 24th, 2014 at 1:34 am said:

I agree that Delsin is awesome. Played through the game twice and never got sick of him!

+ subsamuel01 on March 23rd, 2014 at 9:50 am said:

I want to play this game so bad, but finding a PS4 in Canada is impossible.

+ keLeton on March 23rd, 2014 at 11:41 am said:

Can’t wait to get a PS4 this summer, but I can wait. :P

Finals, finishing my senior portfolio plus
Vita and MGS5GZ will keep me occupied until then!

I’m playing: P3P, Persona 4 Golden, Tearaway, Fire Emblem: Awakening
I’m watching: The Walking Dead TONIGHT
I’m listening to: P4G bonus soundtracks and live shows. So good…

+ Tinye310 on March 23rd, 2014 at 1:43 pm said:

So glad I bought a ps4 in Feb instead of waiting for summer! I think it has been totally worth it!

+ evilxoulx on March 23rd, 2014 at 6:00 pm said:

Hopefully they unlock Bluetooth chat for other headsets in the next update. Bought PX4s, and still have to use mobile cord to chat.

+ TwinDad on March 24th, 2014 at 1:11 pm said:

I’m playing: Bravely Default, Don’t Starve
I’m watching: Littlest Pet Shop, Pokemon (don’t Judge)
I’m listening to: On the Media, BlogCast, Car Talk

+ Adeline_Z4 on March 24th, 2014 at 2:11 pm said:

Infamous Second Son is my First infamous. Its really fun and looks Amazing… But I wish I was better at it as i’ve been Playing since Friday and Just got Neon today. The Bosses take forever to Beat especially the Heavens Hellfire. 2 Hours and Hundreds of Dead Delsin to Finally beat that winged Guy. People are saying their finished the Whole game in 8 hours!? Don’t see How. Might take me weeks at this rate as there are more Powers to get than Smoke and Neon.

+ ali_naruto on March 25th, 2014 at 7:31 pm said:

Hey, I’m not sure if this is the best place to post this, but it’s worth a shot. I got my copy of InFAMOUS Second Son on March 21st with nothing but error code CE-34878 showing up. This wasn’t too much of an issue to me at first, since I remember getting this error for around two days back in January for AC4 and Fifa 14, and it naturally went away for those games. However, when I waited a couple of days for Second Sons’ error to stop, it kept coming up. I tried deleting and re installing the game, tried starting the game over 50 times, playing it on and offline, using different user accounts, and pretty much anything else you could think. During this, I was able to successfully launch and play Resogun, AC4, and Fifa 14 whilst this was happening on the weekend, yet InFAMOUS still didn’t work. I never got past the start up screen of the two birds symbol.

+ ali_naruto on March 25th, 2014 at 7:32 pm said:

CONTINUE:. Today, I got a new copy. This time, a little bit more of the start up screen showed up, and the game now showed up on my trophy list, however it also didn’t work now either, saying that my “disk or hard disk is corrupted. Please quit the game.” I finally tried initializing my PS4 through the quick way (after uploading my data to online storage of course) and re installed and tried the game again, this time with the same message of “Disk or hard disk is corrupted. Please quit the game.” I like the InFAMOUS series, and even have the platinum in InFamous 2, so it really sucks to wait for months for the full game and for it not to work and for me to spend over 4 hours trying to get it working without even being able to play ONE second of it. I was wondering if I should just return it, or hope that maybe the new system update or update for the game comes along sometime in the future.