Minecraft PS4

PS Vita System Software Update 3.10

Sharon Kapitula's Avatar + Posted by Sharon Kapitula on Mar 24, 2014 // Platform Marketing, SCEA

Hi everyone! The next system software update for PS Vita, version 3.10, will be available for download beginning later today. This update brings some anticipated and useful features to PS Vita, including the ability to display more than 100 applications on the home screen (we know you’ve been waiting patiently for this one), and a new Calendar application.

PS Vita System Software Update 3.10

PS Vita System Software Update 3.10PS Vita System Software Update 3.10

Check out some of the new features and changes in PS Vita’s 3.10 system update below:

• You can now display up to 500 applications on the home screen.
  • A Calendar application has been added for PS Vita, allowing you to set up gaming events with your friends. Sync your Google calendar to have all your events with you on your PS Vita. You can also share your favorite events by using the Messages and Email applications.
  • A new “Manage Content on Memory Card” option has been added to the Content Manager application. You can now view the data on your memory card, making it easier than ever to manage content on your PS Vita. You can now view memory usage by content type, and delete content and applications.
  • You can now send and receive voice messages using the Messages application on PS Vita. Exchange voice messages with your friends and players on PS4 and PS Vita.

PS Vita System Software Update 3.10

PS Vita System Software Update 3.10PS Vita System Software Update 3.10

For the full list of new or revised features in PS Vita system software update 3.10 and instructions for updating your system, please visit this page after the update goes live later today.

Let us know what you think of the new update in the comments below. What new feature are you most looking forward to?

PAGE 1 2 3 4 5 8

+ ngreatshark on March 24th, 2014 at 8:02 pm said:

With a higher app limit I would like larger capacity memory cards. I’ve already filled 3 32 gig cards. And now cards are getting harder to find in my area, I had to buy 8 and 16 gig cards because that’s all my local game stores had

+ Mintblend_44321 on March 24th, 2014 at 8:08 pm said:

Awesome stuff!! Still waiting for Dead Nation on PSVita though. =(

+ Resistance859 on March 24th, 2014 at 8:09 pm said:

With live streaming coming to mobile devices, could we possibly see a live streaming feature for Vita? If not, at least a Twitch app to view live streams would be nice, for a more connected ecosystem with the PS4.

+ ElektroDragon on March 24th, 2014 at 8:11 pm said:

OMG YOU LISTENED!!! THANK YOU SONY!! The 100 icon limit WAS KILLING ME!

+ Clice on March 24th, 2014 at 8:16 pm said:

One quick question/request.
Does it support other than Google Calendar?

+ rolly3 on March 24th, 2014 at 8:17 pm said:

all this talk about spelunky.. gonna have to get it this week..

+ Smileulz on March 24th, 2014 at 8:21 pm said:

I love the update. However, I’m disappointed to now see a video camera update. it would be awesome if the front camera was put to more use, such as the ability to join my PSN friends PS3 video chat room. I would love to join them from my vita, and chat to them while using the vitas video camera.

+ Jackal888 on March 24th, 2014 at 8:24 pm said:

The one feature that I would like for a future update is allowing the Vita to charge from my portable battery charger. I would carry my Vita more if the battery could be charged easily. I do not want to carry its charger or charge it with my laptop while the Vita is off.

+ rolly3 on March 24th, 2014 at 8:26 pm said:

btw sorry about double post ,but, would it be possible to get a chess.com app. the only time i need to pick up another one of my mobile devices and put the vita down is for that app. the ches game( i cant remember the name) available on psn is cool but its not as intuitve as the simpler chesscom app. not to mention the multiplayer aspect as there are millions of players around the world subscribed. *wishful thinking out loud*

+ duke301 on March 24th, 2014 at 8:30 pm said:

This is all well and good, now how about an update to the GUI on the PS4, specifically the way content is organized?

+ secularsage on March 24th, 2014 at 8:33 pm said:

FINALLY! Sony acknowledged the long-time Vita owners who have been begging for this silly limit to go away. 500 is a much more reasonable limit given that 64GB is the biggest card available. My only request for the future would be to let us know that you’ve heard us in the first place.

Now if some of those other nagging Vita issues can be fixed by future firmware… this amazing little handheld (which, I’m delighted to say, has replaced the SNES as my favorite game console of all time) can really shine!

+ sockerps on March 24th, 2014 at 8:35 pm said:

Please add the ability to turn off or at least configure the 1 minute auto-dimming of the display. It’s always annoying to have to move the stick or touch something while a cutscene is playing.

+ Blitzkrieg_exe on March 24th, 2014 at 8:37 pm said:

Looking forward to it. I imported a 64GB card from Japan and I’ve been trying to fill it. Playstation plus and this update will help.

+ PrimeroIncognito on March 24th, 2014 at 8:37 pm said:

xClayMeow on March 24th, 2014 at 5:26 pm said: “I haven’t come close to the previous 100-limit, but I know this will make a ton of people extremely happy. And I’m happy too…that I don’t have to see them whine in every single Vita-related post.”

Exactly how I feel.

+ HighNoon on March 24th, 2014 at 8:40 pm said:

Glad to see the addition of a calendar. Still waiting on a basic notepad though…

+ Vanillalite on March 24th, 2014 at 8:46 pm said:

Awesome! Now if we could just get a Vita 2000 Bundle release date I’d be set! *Hint Hint* Tomorrow Pretty Please! :D

+ Mvilukshan on March 24th, 2014 at 8:47 pm said:

Wow.. thanks Sony.. But We miss HTML 5 Supported browser for Vita.. To WATCH VIDS On Stunning OLED Screen (LCD FOR slim though)……… :D :D
We need More apps To make Vita Popular Among Teenagers ..

+ SOUP_32 on March 24th, 2014 at 8:50 pm said:

So happy to have the memory management. Can’t wait to try it out :D. Thanks Sony.

+ demonJAKAL on March 24th, 2014 at 8:56 pm said:

Any idea when/if Ps Vita Tv is coming to other territories? I imported one and its useless at the moment, wanted to stream PS4 in another room but cant connect to my account.

+ XMahkraKanan on March 24th, 2014 at 8:58 pm said:

Would be possible to add the ability to contol the volume of connected Bluetooth devices from the system itself.
I use a external Bluetooth speaker with my Vita, it is fustrating to pause the game and turn my speaker volume up or down.
Not a big issue but would be nice feature.

+ Kennipohoppy on March 24th, 2014 at 9:03 pm said:

UMMMM. My Vita hasn’t said there is a Update yet. Whats with this?????

+ Mando44646 on March 24th, 2014 at 9:07 pm said:

Also, PlEASE fix the download list to actually make it useful. Its just plain horrid. Let us organize it and search it so we can actually see what we’ve bought!

+ italodancemp3 on March 24th, 2014 at 9:13 pm said:

Wow tnx please add a weather app too

+ SLEEPYsleep on March 24th, 2014 at 9:15 pm said:

THANK YOUUUUU!!!!! also @6 EXCELLENT IDEA SONY PLEASE DO THAT NEXT ALSO LOCALIZE SWORD ART ONLINE VITA GAME PLEASE! And LET ME HAVE MY METAL GEAR PORTABLE OPS AND FAT PRINCESS ALREADY!!! AND A SECOND OUTLAND GAME MADE FOR VITA ONLY ! YES! also a PLAYSTATION ONLY VIDEO CHAT SERVICE (since some jerks who shall not be named, in a feeble attempt to try to catch up SONY’s awesomeness, and in their classic below the belt, you thought of this first but we’re gonna buy it out from under you and put it in a smalller dumber package style . stole skype from us.) that works across the 3 the 4 the PSP the VITA and smart phones with the Playstation app ,oh and the GO too i guess. Unless you guys are already on that, if so sorry and your awesome

+ MurDa_Bo1z on March 24th, 2014 at 9:36 pm said:

When we get the xmb or the PS4 ui my life will be complete. The PS Vita feels too childish. I’m actually considering selling it for a 3DS…no lie…

+ Trukzx on March 24th, 2014 at 9:42 pm said:

Sweet update. :)

Can’t wait for the 64 GB card but I’ll only allocate an 80 dollar budget for it :)

Hope the MSRP’s not past a hundred.

+ nolson on March 24th, 2014 at 9:43 pm said:

@125. You Think the VITA UI is childish and your solution is to get a 3ds…lol. Then you are in for a sore surprise because the 3ds in your eyes will probably seem even more “childish”

+ Fardeenah on March 24th, 2014 at 9:44 pm said:

am i the only one who thinks that the old bubbles is out dated now, we need a vita GUI redesign more akin to the ps4, come on sony, the vita UI is a joke and is like a 8year old kid’s phone UI

+ Kolma528 on March 24th, 2014 at 9:45 pm said:

@MurDa_Bo1z
I 100% agree with you other than the trading in the vita part. (mainly cause I already got a 3DS and I love it)

But seriously. CAN WE GET RID OF THIS STUPID BUBBLE UI!?
is it comfy? yes
practical? yes
organized? NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Give us a nice menu system like Sony products are known for, I need organization and the bubbles just don’t provide that with only 10 pages.
Unless this update brings more pages with it’s 500 app raise.
Also where is the update anyways? it’s almost midnight in 2 time zones, I thought you said this would be dropping tonight.
I need that memory manager

+ Fardeenah on March 24th, 2014 at 9:53 pm said:

i forgot to add these:

allow support for multi account on the vita!

allow us to download vita content from the pc, using a better content manager like media go for the psp, the vita has limited battery life, by the time i download a 3.3 gb game, my battery takes a hit,

redesign the UI of the vita, bubbles feels… old…

+ SyukriChoco on March 24th, 2014 at 9:55 pm said:

Hey I just wanna say that you guise need to properly announce the PS Vita TV compatibility.

Japanese version of Toukiden is playable on PS Vita TV. While the English version should be able too. I bought it and came to know that it can’t be playable on TV at he moment.

Can’t you sort out this compatibility problems with the Asian market too? Make it international! Don’t waste money, time and efforts.

+ Dusean17 on March 24th, 2014 at 10:02 pm said:

Cool something I am looking forward to.

+ Kennipohoppy on March 24th, 2014 at 10:05 pm said:

okay so my ps vita hasnt even said there is an update. why wont it come up. it just says its up to date with 3.01

+ GummyCore on March 24th, 2014 at 10:27 pm said:

How is the PS4 menu better than the Vita? The PS4 XMB is a mess. It’s no longer “cross”, as in rows and columns. It’s just 2 rows, with all your games (that would be like bubbles on the Vita) on the bottom row. And that’s the biggest problem.

On the left-most of the bottom row, you have “recent activities”; on the right-most, you have your “library” (download list). In between are all your game icons. If you have a lot of games installed (digitally) or played (disc), you will have lots of icons. It will be a long scroll to reach your “library” on the right most. And there is no way to manually arrange these game icons. They just auto-sort in last-used order. But last-used need not necessarily be last-played, as any game can get updated automatically and go to the beginning of the list (left of the row). There is no way for you to sort or group them differently.

On the Vita you can freely move the bubbles around different pages AS YOU WISH to arrange them THE WAY YOU WANT TO. There’s even folders. This is a hundred times better than on the PS4. If you think this is inferior (“childish”) just because the icons are circular rather than squares, and they bounce when tapped, you have the cart before the horse.

+ Tinye310 on March 24th, 2014 at 10:29 pm said:

wow awesome update. Out of left-field! I seriously love my Vita, I really do love it SOOO MUCH! Great work

+ ChaosRaiden999 on March 24th, 2014 at 10:32 pm said:

Will there be a new firmware update that allows a single PS Vita to hold more than 1 PSN account like the PS3?

+ QUINTISON on March 24th, 2014 at 10:36 pm said:

Now we just need a game card memory adapter which holds up to 4 memory cards which can be up to 64gb + the real memory card slot for those that only dl games so no more power down swap memory cards/games it’d all be there.

+ IVINJA on March 24th, 2014 at 10:39 pm said:

Any chance we can get ad hoc party for vita so that psp ad hoc games can be tunneled through the vita via an app or if possible, release an ad hoc party program for PC so the vita/psp can connect to that? Many people do not have a ps3 and would love for a official solution to playing ad hoc games (especially Monster Hunter Unite being free this week!).

+1 to multiple accounts needed on the Vita. Many people have multiple profiles that they wish to use on the system, even if its a mobile device, there should not be restrictions to run more than 1 account at a time

+1 TwitchTV app, at least to view broadcasts from the device. Would even love it more if we could stream games to Twitch as well :)

+1 Downloads list needs to be more refined and easier to search for specifics, especially when the list is rather long

+1 to screen dimming feature needs to have a setting to either disable or set time limits. There should be an option to disable dimming on video playback as well

I am really impressed with the upcoming update. I am hoping that more features comes to the Vita in the upcoming months!

Did anyone get the update yet? I am seeing the system is up to date

+ ronin_gundam on March 24th, 2014 at 10:44 pm said:

Stupid question, but is the update live? I’ve been trying to get my Vita to update and it says it is already on the current version, but I have checked and it is still on 3.01.

+ BuffaloNY92 on March 24th, 2014 at 10:47 pm said:

The ability to take screenshots of PSP games would be great =)

+ IVINJA on March 24th, 2014 at 10:48 pm said:

@ronin_gundam same here

+ Arkeen on March 24th, 2014 at 10:50 pm said:

Can’t wait to get my Vita

+ likehelly on March 24th, 2014 at 11:02 pm said:

who the **** asked for a calender app?

why do people want these useless apps that our phones, computers, and tvs do better? at least give us an option to delete these damn things.

+ Winterwolf2010 on March 24th, 2014 at 11:06 pm said:

@ronin_Gundam & IVINJA: Same here also. It is now 1:05 AM March 25th, and still no update.

+ Elvick_ on March 24th, 2014 at 11:22 pm said:

Thank you!

I don’t know where to ask, but could you get the Netflix app updated to support profiles? And could you please update the twitter app to use less compression? PS4′s sharing is great, PS Vita’s twitter app though… everything shared from there looks garbage.

+ illtornworld on March 24th, 2014 at 11:23 pm said:

Next update id love to be able to turn off power sav. its annying when the screen goes black, then you have to press ps button. it interupts alot of things. for me anyway

+ Polyhedron on March 24th, 2014 at 11:30 pm said:

Does Grace Chen handle firmware updates too?

+ illtornworld on March 24th, 2014 at 11:40 pm said:

lol i think the update is delayed its 12:38, anyway i love the Vitas UI i wouldn’t want a redesign unless we have the ability to select original or new, if that makes sense and the bubbles is fun to mov and organize

+ CICGamer on March 24th, 2014 at 11:52 pm said:

Cool updates! Calendar is interesting, and the lift of the app limit is much welcomed. Now if you guys can get the PS1 classics Crash 1-3 and Spyro 1-3 on the North American Vita store, a lot of ppl want these awsome games from our youth on the Vita! Thanks for the updates!

+ leotherf on March 24th, 2014 at 11:57 pm said:

Chiming in to say, I would love it if the calendar could be set to include game release dates.

PAGE 1 2 3 4 5 8