GTAV PS4

Battlefield 4 Naval Strike Out Today for Premium Members

Dan Mitre's Avatar + Posted by Dan Mitre on Mar 25, 2014 // Community Manager, EA

Battlefield 4 Naval Strike

Starting today, PlayStation owners who are Battlefield 4 Premium members can experience the ultimate sea-to-sea warfare on PS3 and PS4. Battlefield 4 Naval Strike, the third expansion pack, takes the intense and dramatic water-based combat introduced in Battlefield 4 to four all-new maps set in the South China Sea.

• Lost Islands: Blow open a crashed passenger plane and capture fishing villages across these tropical islands.
  • Wave Breaker: Drop a submarine on your foes as you infiltrate a naval base or rush between shipping docks and rocky islands on this massive map.
  • Nansha Strike: Wage war across stormy seas in the largest ocean stretch in a Battlefield map yet.
  • Operation Mortar: Storm an abandoned cliff-side resort, or get lost in the breathtaking vistas in this map.

Battlefield 4 Naval Strike also lets you re-live the classic Titan Mode of Battlefield 2142, with the new Carrier Assault game mode. Your objective is to destroy the enemy team’s carrier before they infiltrate and destroy yours. You start out fighting a big-scale war with sea, land, and air vehicles controlling the map, and then everything evolves into an infantry-focused, close-quarters fight inside both carriers at the same time! Lean more about Carrier Assault in this blog post on Battlefield.com.

Battlefield 4 Naval Strike

Water-based combat has always been a vital part of the all-out war in Battlefield, and with the introduction of the amphibious hovercraft vehicle, your possibilities to dominate the sea will be even greater. Additionally, you can wreak havoc with five new weapons, two additional gadgets, and ten assignments.

Battlefield 4 Naval Strike will be available starting April 8th 15th for non-Premium members. We hope you’ll enjoy the new maps immensely, whether you’re trying out the new Carrier Assault mode or piloting the new hovercraft.

PAGE 1 2 3

+ WHITE_PR on March 25th, 2014 at 6:40 am said:

Yes! BUT!!!! between inFAMOUS , Ground Zeroes,Battlefield 4 and NBA2K14 I don’t know what to play LOL PlayStation 4Life!!!!!!

+ Dan Mitre on March 25th, 2014 at 12:47 pm said:

Let me help you… which one of those games have hovercraft and massive Carrier warfare? I think your choice is clear. :0

+ xAkademiks on March 25th, 2014 at 6:44 am said:

I’m all about that Warframe and battlefield 4 at the moment, maybe with a bit of Fez and SteamWorld Dig lol

+ mtk93 on March 25th, 2014 at 7:00 am said:

@2 SteamWorld Dig is awesome. That one surprised me.
On a side note, how many headlines will we get today saying “(Name of game or DLC) out today.” I’m predicting at least four. It would be nice if Sony Blog hired a headline writer to add a little variety. (I am speaking as a former journalist, so I’m probably only one of a few bugged by the ‘out today.’)

+ Dan Mitre on March 25th, 2014 at 12:49 pm said:

Great suggestion. How would you rather us announce new DLC releases? “BOOM! Battlefield 4 Naval Strike Drops It Like It’s Hot Today!”? I kid, but that would make for one interesting headliner.

+ LeadPoisoning87 on March 25th, 2014 at 7:12 am said:

Is there anyway I can download this to my ps4 while I’m at work?

+ Cat_Corye on March 25th, 2014 at 7:18 am said:

I’m just going to ask the million dollar question…… What problems come with this?

Because right now nothing has change on how it runs or crashing (which happens some what less), claymores not going off on time, the zero heath glitch (been kind of fix, yet 8 has replace zero), when it shows who killed you and with what. It shows a tank (last I check, tanks aren’t in Metro 2014).

Speaking about Metro 2014, it needs to be fix so people can’t get into the walls or ceiling.

+ NipGrip on March 25th, 2014 at 7:24 am said:

As much as I want to play this game, I won’t be spending a dime, ESPECIALLY on DLC when they apparently haven’t taken the time nor care to fix the glaring bugs and issues with the base game. This is bad game development and salesmanship at it’s finest.

+ xxdudexx05 on March 25th, 2014 at 7:35 am said:

They just released a 1.3Gig sized patch today on PS4. Played 3 rounds so far with next to no or very little packet loss.

+ Dan Mitre on March 25th, 2014 at 12:56 pm said:

Glad the fixes have done you a solid. :) Enjoy Naval Strike!

+ fdvj1986 on March 25th, 2014 at 7:36 am said:

And when is it supposed to show in the PSN Store? Im premium and I dont have the download option yet.

+ Dan Mitre on March 25th, 2014 at 12:56 pm said:

It is now live and can be accessed in PSN. Enjoy!

+ xxdudexx05 on March 25th, 2014 at 7:37 am said:

Usually around 6 PM EST

+ nYcFrEeWiLL82 on March 25th, 2014 at 7:43 am said:

ok now im definitly getting a PS4 this weekend..BF4 looks amazing on it..as does NBA 2k14 and Infamous (which i hoped would have a new multiplayer mode to it – imagine fighting with or against other people with super powers in an open world – PURE AWESOMENESS!!) Anywho this game look way better than the last 3..and with this new DLC..its a must have for AC4 fans that like those boat fights i know i did :p

+ Dan Mitre on March 25th, 2014 at 12:57 pm said:

Good choice! You NEED a PS4 this weekend. There is no other option, lol.

Naval Strike is one of our best expansions to date!

+ GodofDeathOnline on March 25th, 2014 at 7:48 am said:

You ever going to fix the battlefield 4 campaign bug

+ GodofDeathOnline on March 25th, 2014 at 7:49 am said:

You can’t save right and always have to start over

+ GodofDeathOnline on March 25th, 2014 at 7:52 am said:

And the reason why you overlook it is because the online part is saved on your server

+ pgrxracer2005 on March 25th, 2014 at 8:07 am said:

it does not work I have premium so it should work its not working cuz the download option isn’t there please fix this!!!!!!!!thankyou

+ pgrxracer2005 on March 25th, 2014 at 8:09 am said:

oops I mean the download ootion is the the problem

+ Dan Mitre on March 25th, 2014 at 12:59 pm said:

The DLC should now be available in the PlayStation Store. Get it. Throw around some frags. Say goodbye to your friends and family for the day while you play BF4 non-stop.

+ tusunami on March 25th, 2014 at 8:32 am said:

@LeadPoisoning87 If you have the playstation app on your phone considering you have a PS4 you can click on the app and sign in and boom there you go. Its great to see continued support for BF4 community.

+ trustter on March 25th, 2014 at 8:38 am said:

When do you guys plan to address the Netcode and Rubberbanding issues? And when do you think you will release Private Servers?

+ dmaul69 on March 25th, 2014 at 9:06 am said:

I can’t find it on psn

+ Dan Mitre on March 25th, 2014 at 1:17 pm said:

It’s available now! Thanks for the patience this morning.

+ xCDx_Disciple on March 25th, 2014 at 9:17 am said:

I have the same problem; I can’t find it on PSN at all, to download. I prefer to download it while I am not at home, so it will be there when I arrive. I hate waiting around for an hour or so when I am supposed to be able to download while I am away. That is the whole point to leaving your PS4 in Standby Mode right?

+ Dan Mitre on March 25th, 2014 at 1:17 pm said:

It’s available now and accessible via the app. Download that beast and get ready, bud!

+ imrandy85 on March 25th, 2014 at 9:22 am said:

you can’t find it because the PSN store never updates until the afternoon/evening in the US

+ RedndWhiteArmy on March 25th, 2014 at 9:38 am said:

Would that make it around 10pm GMT??

+ Dan Mitre on March 25th, 2014 at 1:18 pm said:

It’s live now. Download and get home asap. It’s waiting for you!

+ Siper17 on March 25th, 2014 at 9:40 am said:

EA is a terrible company

+ wlaro on March 25th, 2014 at 9:47 am said:

Hi I’m a member premium, when i go to istall dlc naval strike i not found dlc naval but there are china and second what i need to do ?

+ Dan Mitre on March 25th, 2014 at 1:18 pm said:

You just had to wait a bit. It is now live for Premium members.

+ Waffles4900 on March 25th, 2014 at 9:54 am said:

Like many others have said, I can’t find it on psn, I’ve searched the plastation store, looked on the battlefield 4 page on the play station store, and checked all over battlefield 4. I’ve even reset my console and the battlefield application, (I have a ps4) but nothing changes. I love battlefield to death but I guess the call of duty franchise dlc wins on this one. Thier dlcs come out at a specific time (usaly midnight, one am, 6 am, ect) and when they say it’ll come out then, it does. No exception. I’m really dissapointed on this one, and if I have to wait to say, 6 o’clock like a comment above says, I will be even further upset. For those of us on the east coast of the u.s. Who have gaming channels, if we’re last well then our content isn’t going to be so interesting anymore, is it? But anyways…… I love battlefield but just not today.

+ Dan Mitre on March 25th, 2014 at 1:20 pm said:

Hmm, it should be there on the PS Store now. Please keep in mind that this is only available as early acess for Premium members at the moment.

+ wlaro on March 25th, 2014 at 9:58 am said:

I’m a member premium when i go to find the dlc naval on bf4 menu i not found and i can’t download

+ zaphod182 on March 25th, 2014 at 10:00 am said:

I patched up, any idea when we are going to be able to play???

+ Dan Mitre on March 25th, 2014 at 1:20 pm said:

Patch is separate from the DLC. You’ve got some critical fixes, now you need Naval Strike. It is now available in the PS Store for Premium members.

+ fuegoboricua720 on March 25th, 2014 at 10:00 am said:

Please Update the Store for the Naval strike pleaseeeeee

+ wlaro on March 25th, 2014 at 10:01 am said:

I’m premium member but i can’t download naval strike dlc because there isn’t what i need to do?????

+ dog4567 on March 25th, 2014 at 10:03 am said:

What time are they going to release the new navel strike DLC for battlfield 4.it is the 25 of march..

+ fuegoboricua720 on March 25th, 2014 at 10:07 am said:

nobody can’t until sony update the ps store

+ dog4567 on March 25th, 2014 at 10:10 am said:

I check to see if the store was updated and there was nothing to update look at add on and there is only second assault listed. Come on E A games, wake up DICE.

+ kylecisnum1 on March 25th, 2014 at 10:14 am said:

They don’t update the PSN store until about 5-6 pm EST. That’s why you can’t find the Naval Strike on PS Store.

+ EHdark25 on March 25th, 2014 at 10:24 am said:

I personally think that this will be the best DLC for BF4. This game is just epic! Still waiting for DriveClub though :)

+ Dan Mitre on March 25th, 2014 at 1:22 pm said:

One of the best expansions to date. We are excited for it and it’s good to see that you are too!

+ genius527 on March 25th, 2014 at 10:26 am said:

Battlefield 4 must be getting pretty popular, u gamers must like battlefield 4 online. If ya’ll do, then me too because I like online games to play online.

+ lilbunfofokilu2 on March 25th, 2014 at 10:37 am said:

Im a premium member and i cant play the “Naval Strike”!! There is no dlc option and ive tried uninstalling, rebooting and etc. etc. WHY IS EA. WASTING MY DAMN TIME?!?!?!

+ Farmtown89 on March 25th, 2014 at 11:00 am said:

What I would like to know is how here is people online already playing Naval Strike when it hasnt been released yet? Yet its almost 2pm here and still no download.

+ Farmtown89 on March 25th, 2014 at 11:01 am said:

@EHdark25 Your gonna have to wait in that, they started Driveclub over from scratch, which is fking stupid, because the game was already done..

+ GrEyMaTaSpLaTa on March 25th, 2014 at 11:03 am said:

Oh my, between battlelog and here Id say all this seems like children constantly nagging their parents for answers they already know, or could get relatively quick if they sought after them themselves. uninstalling when you know you need to be installing, really ._. obviously you can download this today – now through the process of elimination, ill help you find your answer- your old enough to follow directions right? Ok then, there are only 2, hold your fingers up, only 2 places where you can find the option to download this; The PlayStation Store, or in the Store option at the main menu for BF4. If you do not see it there, its not there, your gonna have to keep checking untill its there. Sorry if this is a bit harsh but, a dose of reality is do and I cant sit idly by. Best of luck.

+ GrEyMaTaSpLaTa on March 25th, 2014 at 11:07 am said:

@Farmtown89 It has released in the UK already, thats why you see servers running it.

+ dog4567 on March 25th, 2014 at 11:25 am said:

No of fence to the person above me(Mr. 2 fingers) but what day is it? March 25 right, it has been march 25 since 12 am last night so all any one is saying is it became the 25 14 hours ago. EA games / DICE never said sometime during the 25th . Now granted I would like a DLC that works right. But battlefield 4 has had nothing but issues and being that $100. Invested in it I expect better. It would only take a person who works for PSN. Or EA/DICE 1 minute to update the release time for the DLC so if you feel the need to be irritated at people who just want there money worth. Then don’t read there blog

+ Farmtown89 on March 25th, 2014 at 11:38 am said:

@GrEyMaTaSpLaTa

Then why cant we download i? UK is no different from the US, same day, diff time, I just call Lies and scam on Dice’s part

+ Dan Mitre on March 25th, 2014 at 1:27 pm said:

It should be live worldwide now. Thanks for the patience!

+ P3ngu1nSlay3r on March 25th, 2014 at 11:42 am said:

A bit dissapointed in the fact that it is 2:41 EST and this has not been released for download yet; nevertheless, i really do look forward to playing this. Hope it’s worth the minuscule wait.

+ Dan Mitre on March 25th, 2014 at 1:28 pm said:

It’s live in the PS Store. Download and blast away, my friend!

+ Roughtimez3 on March 25th, 2014 at 11:44 am said:

EVERYONE WHO CANNOT FIND ON PSSTORE SEARCH `STRIKE´NOT NAVAL

+ Roughtimez3 on March 25th, 2014 at 11:47 am said:

Ps im in Canada

+ Farmtown89 on March 25th, 2014 at 11:48 am said:

@ Roughtimez3

Must be nice living in the UK huh? Cause thats the ONLY place where it has been released, I have searched my PS4 store like 20 times, up and down every angle and it is not there. EA/Dice need to get their **** together and release stuff on time, meaning do it AT MIDNIGHT of the release, not wait like 17 hours later…

+ hagbagstrom on March 25th, 2014 at 12:01 pm said:

Yeah! I went into a server that had people playing NS and sent one a message. He said search in the store. I searched naval strike in the store and there it was… downloading now

+ xCDx_Disciple on March 25th, 2014 at 12:07 pm said:

It is available now, as of 3pm EST.

+ rainrain1 on March 25th, 2014 at 12:08 pm said:

yeah u have to search for it. i definitely found it

+ zangetsu18103 on March 25th, 2014 at 12:12 pm said:

It’s at the p’s store now… 2:llpm central time zone :)

+ NutroYo on March 25th, 2014 at 12:19 pm said:

Guys search up STRIK in the psn storenaval strike i s the second one i promise

PAGE 1 2 3