PlayStation VR

Mar 25

Mar 25

BlazBlue: Chrono Phantasma Out Today on PS3

Frank Posted by Director of Production, Aksys Games

Hey guys! This is Frank “Bo” deWindt II, director of production here at Aksys Games. Today we’re celebrating the release of the long-awaited BlazBlue: Chrono Phantasma on PS3.

Everyone is ecstatic to get the chance to play the fighting portion of the game, but another great aspect of Chrono Phantasma is its visual novel inspired story mode.

Some small spoilers for those that haven’t played through BlazBlue: Calamity Trigger, Continuum Shift, and/or Continuum Shift Extend, yet…

After the events of BlazBlue: Continuum Shift, Ragna, Jin, Noel, and the rest of the cast find themselves in the Ikaruga Federation. There they meet Kagura Mutsuki, general of the N.O.L. and better known as the “Black Knight,” as well as Kokonoe. Both these characters have their own plans in store.

BlazBlue: Chrono PhantasmaBlazBlue: Chrono Phantasma

At the same time, Hazama, Relius Clover, Phantom, and the Imperator are moving forward with their own agenda for the world at large. Saying anything further would be terribly spoiler-rific, so mum’s the word!

What I can say is the story mode is split into three paths: the main story, the Six Heroes story, and the Sector Seven story. These three stories will eventually converge and lead you to experience the true end. I’m pumped for everyone to experience the next chapter of the BlazBlue saga, so make sure to play through it.

On top of the fantastic story mode, Chrono Phantasma introduces 5 new playable characters: Amane Nishiki, Bullet, Azrael, Izayoi, and Kagura Mutsuki, as well as the two DLC characters, Yuuki Terumi and Kokonoe. There’s so many characters to choose from now, even I’m still trying to decide on my favorites.

Like the rest of the cast, you can play as these characters via Arcade Mode, Versus Mode, Online, and even learn and refine your fighting prowess with each character via the Tutorial, Training, and Challenge modes.

BlazBlue: Chrono Phantasma

Also included in Chrono Phantasma is the beginner-friendly Stylish Mode, which allows users to perform flashy moves without the need for specific inputs. Chrono Phantasma also introduces the new mechanic “Overdrive,” which temporarily enhances each character’s unique ability. Make sure to use it strategically during battle.

Another topic on the agenda is that starting today, those who’d like the digital version of BlazBlue: Chrono Phantasma can pre-order it on PlayStation Store. It will launch on April 1st and will come bundled with the Kokonoe character DLC for free.

And if that isn’t enough to satiate your azure appetites, a slew of delightful DLC will also be launching on April 1st. The feels! I can’t hold them all!

So much BlazBlue goodness to be had. I hope everyone enjoys playing (especially the story mode) when BlazBlue: Chrono Phantasma hits stores today.

Add Your Own

Frank

Ryan Clements said:

March 25th, 10:19 am

Woot.

Sharingan_itachi said:

March 25th, 10:20 am

Will the DLC work on Vita version?

KIDIZNYCE said:

March 25th, 10:20 am

SWANKY.

Eraser35 said:

March 25th, 10:22 am

DAMMIT AKSYS WHEN WILL YOU GET STUFF RELEASED IN CANADA ON TIME

boomstickbhg said:

March 25th, 10:25 am

Confusing post is confusing, is this releasing today or on April 1st?

Frank

Frank "Bo" DeWindt II said:

March 25th, 10:29 am

The game ships to stores today, but the PSN digital pre-orders start today.

The PSN version will release next Tuesday on April 1st :)

boomstickbhg said:

March 25th, 10:31 am

oh ok thanks for the reply.

Haven’t heard or pre ordering a game after it came out before, but thanks for giving us the option since the Digital comes later.

Tjoeb123 said:

March 25th, 10:32 am

I know the Store will be updated later today, but I wanna know – how much do Terumi and Kokonoe cost? I have the Limited Edition which includes the former but not the latter, and it’s the opposite for the digital release.

Tjoeb123 said:

March 25th, 10:33 am

@2 Yes. The DLC is cross-buy, but the game itself isn’t.

TheOathsworn said:

March 25th, 10:42 am

Will be seeing if my Limited Edition has arrived today when I get home later when I`m off of work, can`t wait to give those new characters a try, as well as seeing how the story unveils in this installment.

Quick question though;
I remember there were color palette DLC that came with the Anime DVD/Blu-Ray packs in Japan for the game, will we be getting those color palettes as well?

Frank

Frank "Bo" DeWindt II said:

March 25th, 11:18 am

Yes, those will be purchasable DLC starting on 4/1, with the others coming out later down the line.

SirRadG said:

March 25th, 10:47 am

Is the DLC character free for just digital pre-orders before April 1 or is it included after that date as well?

Frank

Frank "Bo" DeWindt II said:

March 25th, 11:23 am

Kokonoe is only available for the PSN pre-order, after 4/1, you would need to purchase her as DLC off of PSN.

YukiTerumiCC said:

March 25th, 10:50 am

Aksys please answer this, Is Terumi included if we pre-order the digital version?

Frank

Frank "Bo" DeWindt II said:

March 25th, 11:22 am

Terumi is only included for the physical version of the game’s 1st print run.

If you pre-order the PSN version, you will receive Kokonoe and a BBCP PS3 theme.

ronin_gundam said:

March 25th, 10:51 am

Is Kokonoe on disc or will we have to wait until April 1st to download her?

Frank

Frank "Bo" DeWindt II said:

March 25th, 11:24 am

Kokonoe won’t be available to purchase from PSN until 4/1, along with the majority of the rest of the BBCP DLC :)

Tjoeb123 said:

March 25th, 10:55 am

@12 My guess is that she and Terumi are there but locked.

Tjoeb123 said:

March 25th, 11:08 am

*rereads post, notices “DLC launching April 1st”* ….Wait, so I can’t download Kokonoe yet?

antibolo said:

March 25th, 11:15 am

I pre-ordered the LE from amazon.ca and it’s still not shipped, and currently states “out of stock”, can you care to comment on this, Aksys? Thanks

Frank

Frank "Bo" DeWindt II said:

March 25th, 11:24 am

Amazon Canada has been shipped to, so they should be receiving their stock of BBCP soon.

ILUVPARKMINYOUNG said:

March 25th, 11:20 am

why does ps3 games get pre-order every week ? why can’t ps4 games get pre-order every week too ? that bull****.. there are alot games on ps4 in April, May, June..

ILUVPARKMINYOUNG said:

March 25th, 11:21 am

why does ps3 games get pre-order every week ? why can’t ps4 games get pre-order every week too ? that bs.. there are alot games on ps4 in April, May, June..

Lemstar_JP said:

March 25th, 11:28 am

Will there be an online pass? An unboxing video for the physical copy revealed that the Terumi voucher is described as being required to access online features.

Frank

Frank "Bo" DeWindt II said:

March 25th, 11:46 am

The Terumi DLC is just normal DLC, so in order to play as that character, you would need to purchase/download that particular character DLC. Same goes with Kokonoe.

There shouldn’t be any kind of online pass that I’m aware of.

deadendblues said:

March 25th, 11:33 am

I loved blazblue on vita going to get it on vita when it releases . Why not release this on ps4 which is dying for a good fighting game

Souledge94 said:

March 25th, 11:39 am

Already preoreded the LE and cant wait to see more of the story and try out bullet.

shadysaiyanz said:

March 25th, 12:19 pm

Yay more $5 color packs and $8 characters…. Just put it in the game and stop trying to gouge people Aksys. That said, I love Blazblue, but i’ll be getting this down the line when it’s cheaper because I bought all the previous ones day one too but then DLC pops up like a weeks later.. No offense to you Frank.

Macello said:

March 25th, 12:21 pm

Aw I was going to come in here to beg for Persona 4 Arena on Vita but Aksys is the publisher of BlazBlue not the developer (Arc System Works, who also did P4A.) Either way, I enjoy BlazBlue on my Vita.

boomstickbhg said:

March 25th, 12:56 pm

I’m a big fan of visual novels

Is this game a visual novel with fighting modes, a fighting game with a visual novel tossed in, a 50/50 split between the two?

Hayterfan said:

March 25th, 1:14 pm

Last I heard this was coming out in May, when did it jump to now?

Frank

Frank "Bo" DeWindt II said:

March 25th, 1:53 pm

The VITA version will be coming out this Summer. The PS3 version (physical) ships to stores today.

Tkranh123 said:

March 25th, 1:46 pm

Will Kagura be purchasable from the PSN Store? Because I really wanna buy him and play him in a instant.

Frank

Frank "Bo" DeWindt II said:

March 25th, 1:54 pm

He will be (or you can unlock him normally in-game), on 4/1 when the DLC releases.

SirRamonTercero said:

March 25th, 1:47 pm

So if we get a theme when pre-ordering digital, does that mean that we can hope for BB avatars in the future?

SDkngsht said:

March 25th, 2:29 pm

man…yeah i think i’m officially burnt out and over japanese anime. it’s just too corny and emo now.

QisTopTier said:

March 25th, 3:38 pm

So let me get this straight. If you buy the retail version, you get Terumi then wait a week and you can buy Koko as dlc. But if you wait a week to get the digital release you get Koko but then have to wait almost 2 MONTHS to get Terumi?

Dantes_Ragnarok said:

March 25th, 4:39 pm

Yes finally, can’t wait to see how the story advances!
Is good to see the same voice actors again except for Hakumen, what happened?
On a side note, guys can we get some avatars for our profiles?

carly1477 said:

March 25th, 4:41 pm

Can’t wait to get my LE…. once amazon.ca ships it, that is :D regardless, excited for it. Would love as well avatars, as other mentioned…!

jase298 said:

March 25th, 5:51 pm

DON’T KNOW WHY IT’S NOT AVAILABLE FOR DOWNLOAD ‘TIL APRIL 1ST. I’LL PASS ON THIS GAME. WHAT CENTURIES ARE WE LIVING IN, WE SHOULD BE ABLE TO BUY AND DOWNLOAD ANY GAME ONLINE AS SOON AS IT’S OUT.

BlaqMagiq24 said:

March 25th, 7:24 pm

I have a feeling there will be an Extend version of this game so I’ll wait. I came real close to getting this but too many releases this month.

PZDugna said:

March 25th, 9:10 pm

So this BBCP theme might it be buyable later? or is it a single time thing with the digital pre-order.

Elvick_ said:

March 26th, 4:54 am

ANy chance we’ll get a LE for the Vita version?

I want to wait for that one, but want a LE and can’t afford both with prices going up in Canada.

devine-spit_fire said:

March 26th, 9:27 am

I got the LE and the soundtrack is having some issues. I can copy the info on it to my ps3, but I cannot import it. When I try to play the music an error comes up saying the format is not supported, I also cannot play it using my car’s CD player. Any advice?

tusunami said:

March 26th, 12:44 pm

Another fighting game I guess there much be a huge following of this series. I have the one that’s for the PS Vita just couldn’t get into it.

YukiTerumiCC said:

March 26th, 3:25 pm

+ QisTopTier I honestly got no idea how you ame to that conclusion, he is supposed to be available 4/1 along with the rest…wth dude

YukiTerumiCC said:

March 26th, 3:34 pm

….wait what Aksys jsut answer this, is Yuki Terumi official release as DLC on May 27? If yes WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY? 2 WHOLE MONTHS WHILE PHYSICAL PRE ORDERS GET HIM DAY 1? There is no excuse for this..

YukiTerumiCC said:

March 26th, 3:35 pm

….wait what Aksys is it true that Terumi will be available only at May 27? IF yes WHY THE HELL?!!?!?!?!?!? 2 whole months?Dont even bother saying the data isnt prepared yet,people got it day 1, godamn what the hell is this..

Jotamide said:

March 26th, 10:28 pm

I’ll probably wait for BlazBlue Chrono Phantasma Extend.

hla-33 said:

March 27th, 12:37 am

PSN AVATARS PLZ !!

Scarecrow-- said:

March 28th, 8:29 pm

Buying this! Thank you Sony for pushing this game to your loyal Playstation fighting game fans. Keep it up! We’ve always loved fighting games since ps1. We have a great legacy, second to none!

Miox465 said:

March 29th, 11:53 am

@Devine_Spit_Fire – I too got the limited edition and as far as I can tell it’s not actually a CD, but a DVD with the Music Tracks stored in. Your best bet would be to copy them onto a computer and then burn them onto a blank CD. Otherwise you’re out of luck. Why they chose to do this? I have no idea, but personally isn’t a big deal to me since I have a stack of Blank CDs lying around, but I can see this being a problem for others.

PrinceofXIII said:

March 30th, 1:08 pm

Great!

NinFreakLan said:

March 31st, 8:08 pm

You know I thought that Blazblue producer Toshimichi Mori said that while DLC voice packs and colors would be up for purchase Kokonoe and others wouldn’t be up for this kind of treatment with the whole debacle back in Continuum Shift and the arcade cabinet updates? I mean I WANT Kokonoe but I can’t afford her since I lost my job back in January.

GetTakenOut said:

March 31st, 10:04 pm

When can we buy Yuuki Terumi as DLC, he currently only comes with first print physical copies which is an inconvenience for us who bought the digital version =[. Thank you in advanced.

IIKenjiII said:

April 6th, 12:21 pm

will the free colors 1 and 2 be added to the Hong Kong PSN marketplace? it does not let us use the new colors.

GamerPyroBlade said: