PlayStation VR

Mar 25

Mar 25

Hatsune Miku: Project DIVA F 2nd Coming to PS3, Vita in N. America

Aaron Webber's Avatar Posted by Associate Brand Manager, Sega of America

Following a fantastic reception to the PS3 and PS Vita release of Hatsune Miku: Project Diva F in North America and Europe, SEGA is proud to announce that we will be bringing Hatsune Miku: Project Diva F 2nd to the West later this year!

That’s right. You’re not dreaming. We believed in all of you and we asked for your support – and you gave it to us without reservation. It was your supportive comments, your encouraging words at every place we showed the game, and your drive that made all the difference. Some of you bought the game twice – others three or even four times. But whether you picked it up once or four times, all of you helped make Miku a success, and still do. Thank you so much for that.

Now, it’s our turn to believe in you once more.

This fall, we will be releasing Hatsune Miku: Project Diva F 2nd for both PS3 and PS Vita. Project Diva F 2nd features similar but improved gameplay over the first game, with a whopping 40 songs – a collection of the best new songs, and some of the most loved classic songs, previously only available in the Japanese releases. You can check out two of those in our trailer!

Besides 40 songs and four difficulties for each in the Rhythm Game, players can look forward to the return of the impressive Edit Mode feature, which lets you build your very own videos and Rhythm games using all of the in-game assets, and share them online with the world. It has seen notable improvements over the first version, and we can’t wait to see what amazing creations you all will build with it!

And finally, because we like good news, I’ll drop a hint here that we have some fun stuff in the works for our Western release. I’m pleased to confirm one of those things right now: We will be releasing a packaged version of the game for both PS3 and PS Vita!

One of the primary comments we saw across the internet over the last year was that PS3 owners loved their physical copies, and that so many PS Vita owners wished one was available. We begin our campaign today by announcing that whichever platform you own, you’ll be able to reserve a physical copy of Diva F 2nd when it releases!

We’ll have much more news regarding Project Diva F 2nd as we near E3, but in the meantime, we hope this news has made your day a little brighter.

Thank you all once more for supporting us, and here’s to the future of Hatsune Miku in the West!

Add Your Own

PAGE 1 2 3 5

EddyC__ said:

March 25th, 9:05 am

*heavybreathing.jpeg*… I love you. Thank you!

March 25th, 9:07 am

You’re very welcome! Thank you so much for supporting us!

wilfareus said:

March 25th, 9:07 am

YES :D

March 25th, 9:12 am

Glad you’re excited!

o-mistborn-o said:

March 25th, 9:08 am

My copy is in the mail, can’t wait to play it!

March 25th, 9:12 am

Nice! You’ll have a great time with it.

FifthDream said:

March 25th, 9:08 am

Awesome! That’s great news. I want it. :D

March 25th, 9:13 am

We’re glad to bring it to you! We’ll have more news in the near future…

superherojar26 said:

March 25th, 9:10 am

Sweet, glad to see this franchise continue to grow in the West

March 25th, 9:13 am

We are too. We’re really thankful that you guys rallied to help make the first game such a success. You’ve done your part, so we’ll keep doing ours! :)

Gorvi said:

March 25th, 9:10 am

Wow, SEGA, I haven’t even had the time to try the demo for the first game with the backlog on my Vita. It’s good to know that there’s another coming if I like it! :)

Now, about Valkyria Chronicles 3…….. ;)

March 25th, 9:14 am

Give it a try – you’ll be hooked within about 15 minutes. :) Then you can get the first game to hold you over until F 2nd!

No word on the VC series from my side, but personally, I beat both VC1 and VC2, and would gladly recommend the series to anyone I know.

TheBigSpoon said:

March 25th, 9:11 am

haha oh man. I’m importing this one… looks like I may have to get this version too.

March 25th, 9:16 am

That would be most awesome of you!

otakumike said:

March 25th, 9:11 am

Sega, I feel I can forgive you for not localizing Yakuza 5 & VK3 now.

holycrapthisisawesomenews!! :D

March 25th, 9:16 am

A nice way to start your morning, right? ; )

robert-18- said:

March 25th, 9:11 am

Cool more Miku, you are great.

March 25th, 9:16 am

You guys are great! Thank you again for supporting the first game and helping us make this possible.

NeoSkyte said:

March 25th, 9:12 am

Yes!!!! I’m so looking forward to this.

March 25th, 9:19 am

As are we! Can’t wait to show you all the fun stuff we have planned in the future.

Sharingan_itachi said:

March 25th, 9:13 am

Will get Physical PS Vita version. Thanks for that!

Now…ishin..please.

March 25th, 9:20 am

You’re very welcome. We saw so many comments asking for a physical PS VITA version on the first game, and we really wanted to make it happen for F 2nd. We’re so excited to reveal that today for all the PS VITA owners!

goldenbird15 said:

March 25th, 9:14 am

That’s so cool, i own both ps3 and vita versions. Can’t wait to own these as well.

PainOfSarrow said:

March 25th, 9:14 am

what did i just witness….

March 25th, 9:25 am

Take a moment. Breathe. Okay. Fangirl scream time.

TheGrimHeaper said:

March 25th, 9:15 am

This is fantastic news, thank you so much, Sega. :)

March 25th, 9:26 am

Thank you for supporting the first game, Grim! We’re excited to be able to share today’s news with everyone, and it wouldn’t have happened without your help.

Alpha6Nine said:

March 25th, 9:15 am

FANTABULOUS! TAKE MY MONEY!

XxMike466xX said:

March 25th, 9:16 am

OMG!!! OMG!!! OMG!!!

I’m not dreaming right? Thanks for making my dream come true, I just purchesed Miku for the Vita and it’s my favorite game for ths system so far. Thanks Aaron for the great news and I will definitly buy the PS3 and Vita versions XD.

March 25th, 9:28 am

Miku is your favorite VITA game? That’s awesome to hear.

You are not dreaming – and we hope we’ve made your Tuesday a little brighter! Thanks so much in advance for offering to support both versions.

o-mistborn-o said:

March 25th, 9:16 am

While tied to Vocaloid but not published by Sega, you should look into bringing over “IA/VT -COLORFUL-” as well.

March 25th, 9:28 am

We’re all eyes on Miku F 2nd right now (and on doing the best job we can with the release), but thanks for the comment!

eucalyptus39 said:

March 25th, 9:17 am

Aaah! Vita physical version! I love you so much oh my! Even though I already preordered the japanese versions, I’ll definitely get it localized too! *dies*

March 25th, 9:29 am

Aww, we love you too! Thank you for the support, Eucalyptus. :)

Daverost said:

March 25th, 9:19 am

Consider it pre-ordered. I hope this is an indication of a trend. I’ve played every game in the series so far.

March 25th, 9:31 am

Thanks so much for the support, Dave! Glad to see even more love for the series.

FearMonkey said:

March 25th, 9:20 am

“That’s right. You’re not dreaming.”

OMG I’M NOT DREAMING!!! :O

MIKUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!!!

March 25th, 9:31 am

Did I accurately predict what was going through your mind? :)

Happy Tuesday!

gus_xl said:

March 25th, 9:21 am

Very cool. And thanks for making it a physical release on the Vita!

March 25th, 9:32 am

You are very welcome! We’re really stoked to be releasing a physical VITA version this time.

ein_nineteenth said:

March 25th, 9:21 am

For localizing something people want, I have to THANK YOU SEGA. <3

March 25th, 9:33 am

D’awww. We <3 you as well, Ein!

Thank you for supporting the series!

pithollow said:

March 25th, 9:22 am

Thank you very much for this great news Aaron!!

I purchased and played Project Diva and all DLC content for my Vita. Like I said before, I was not a Miku fan a few months ago….but now I play all my favorite songs at least once a day and I’m really good at it!

Thanks again for bringing Project Dia f 2nd. I’ll make sure to get it on release date!

PD: My current favorite songs from PDF1 are: Acute, World’s end dance hall, World’s end Umbrella, Black Rock Shooter, Freely Tomorrow, Tokyo Teddie Bear and Sadistic Music Factory! *w*

March 25th, 9:35 am

We’re really excited to have made your morning that much brighter, pith!

Personally, I think it’s really cool to hear from people who had never seen or heard of Miku before this game, and now own it + all the DLC! I stand by my assertion in previous blogs that this game is really addicting, in a good way.

Thank you in advance for supporting DIVA F 2nd! As to your favorite songs from F1, good choices! I love a lot of those as well.

Firestorm_ZERO said:

March 25th, 9:23 am

@o-mistborn-o

For IA/VT -COLORFUL-, you should be asking XSEED. XSEED is a subsidiary of MarvelousAQL which is developing the game.

March 25th, 9:35 am

Thanks for jumping in, Firestorm!

ASC2175 said:

March 25th, 9:23 am

Aaron…I wish to hug you…for announcing this…

pPpPancakes said:

March 25th, 9:23 am

Hot DAYUM! Conception II demo, FEZ and Miku 2nd physical. Only negative moment of the day are school exams. :/

March 25th, 9:39 am

Good luck in your exams! Hope the news helped make your morning awesome.

TheWintendoHii said:

March 25th, 9:23 am

Wow, thanks for making the start of my work day an exciting one! Great timing on the announcement by the way, I was really tempted to import this after getting my platinum on the Vita version. I’ll hold off on that now, I’ll support this release this fall by getting both versions.

March 25th, 9:40 am

Excellent – thanks so much for the support, Wintendo! Also nice to hear with regard to the announcement timing – the feedback is really helpful, thank you. :)

Firestorm_ZERO said:

March 25th, 9:26 am

I have my PS3+Vita JP imports on the way. Will be double (or should be quad?) dipping :)

Now where’s my Yakuza Ishin and Phantasy Star Online ;)

March 25th, 9:44 am

Quad-dipper alert!

Quad-dipper alert!

Thanks a ton for supporting the series so much, Firestorm. :)

No word on either of the other franchises you mention, but having played / worked on both at some point in the past, I know they’re really great series.

J4NG3L999 said:

March 25th, 9:27 am

Thank you SEGA!!! TAKE MY MONEY!!! any news on the AR cards of the firts game?

shadow15972 said:

March 25th, 9:30 am

I second (or third or fourth….) Valkyria Chronicles 3 for the west! VC2 Was so dang amazing, and sad that it went away with my psp. (I sold it to help buy the vita) I can’t even download it because it’s not supported on the vita on the psn store, only psp! :(

Anyways, nice to see you guys liked the sales/reception of the first game. I welcome more Miku. :)

March 25th, 9:45 am

Thanks for your support, Shadow! :)

o-mistborn-o said:

March 25th, 9:31 am

@Firestorm_ZERO

I did not know that, thanks ^^

I have it pre-ordered regardless, but it should a gem for the west as well.

March 25th, 9:49 am

Cool, all sorted! Thanks guys. :)

xKeiyax said:

March 25th, 9:36 am

YYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

I’m assuming Project Diva F/f sold fairly well that you guys decided to bring F 2nd to the West?

Already ordered the Japanese PS3 version, but you bet I’m getting both Vita and PS3 copies. Especially since “Melt”, my favorite Miku song of all time, is in here.

This fall is gonna be aaaaaaaaaaaaaawesome.

March 25th, 9:52 am

Yes, that’s right – SEGA was very pleased with the reception of the first game! We owe the thanks there to all of you, the fans who supported us and continue to do so. Please keep spreading the word and telling your friends!

This fall will indeed be awesome. Nice choice on Melt, as well!

ServantRider said:

March 25th, 9:36 am

THANK YOU! It really does mean a lot to us to have a physical copy of the game. I’m going to be importing this but I still want an English copy :)

Is there any chance that the physical copy (or even just the first run of it) will have a full colour manual? It was a bit of a letdown when the PS3 version stateside received a subpar manual while Japan had a beautiful full colour one :(

I’ll likely pick it up either way to support localization, but it’s kinda depressing knowing that our games come with cheaper manuals.

March 25th, 9:54 am

You’re very welcome! Thank you for supporting Miku in the West.

As to the physical versions, no news yet on the details, but the feedback is always appreciated. : )

divineLite said:

March 25th, 9:39 am

so it’s the fourth time…
Really I REALLY happy about this news, in the same time I feel sad because I have paid whole price for import version of PDF2nd (about 70$ seeeeeeee)

so, at this moment I dunno if I’ll take the fourth time of PSvita project diva (2nd english) but if I have money to burn later I’ll be glad to spend it for Project Diva 2nd

REALLY BIG THANKS for all of you SEGA

March 25th, 9:57 am

Glad you’re happy – on the plus side, you’ll definitely enjoy the game! When the English versions release in the fall, hopefully that’s enough time to have saved up enough to support them here. : )

Thanks again!

DualEdge said:

March 25th, 9:40 am

Wow, seriously incredible news! I only hope that when you say Fall 2014 that it means prior to mid-September because it’s going to be awfully hard for me not to pick up the Japanese version during my trip to Japan. Plus I’d love to have a new Miku game to play on the plane :)
Any chance of a PS3/Vita bundle for those of us wanting to pick up the game for both consoles?

March 25th, 9:58 am

Happy Tuesday! Days like this are the best. :)

As to your question of a bundle, no news from my side, but all feedback is appreciated!

GigaLucs said:

March 25th, 9:40 am

Yeeeaahh! Physical Vita release!

sharkman2048 said:

March 25th, 9:43 am

Physical release for EU/UK too? Not just US?

March 25th, 10:01 am

That’s right! : )

otakumike said:

March 25th, 9:44 am

Aaron I feel you need a pat on the back too. You’re like the bridge between Sega and it’s fans and are always so helpful.

good job bud. :p

March 25th, 11:28 am

Haha, aww… thanks Mike! Really appreciate it. :)

ragnarok_weapon said:

March 25th, 9:46 am

YAY! I bought the first project Diva F 4 times. This time I could just get the NA one for the PS3 and Vita :)

March 25th, 10:01 am

Another Quad-dipper! Thanks very much for supporting the first game four times… and in advance for supporting the NA versions this fall!

ShadiWulf said:

March 25th, 9:46 am

Yes! Thank you for all your hard work Aaron and everyone else at SEGA who helped make this happen. Looking forward to it. I already have both western versions. Amazing game.

March 25th, 10:02 am

I’ll pass on the thanks to our entire Miku team here at SEGA. I know at least a few of them will also be reading these comments directly, so they’ll get to see your note firsthand.

Thank -you- for supporting the series, and helping make this possible!

kakasij6 said:

March 25th, 9:47 am

OH MY GOSH YEEEEEEESSSSSS!!
ALL HAIL MIKU!!!
Thank you so much doods. I am crying from all the happy.

TheOathsworn said:

March 25th, 9:51 am

Wasn’t expecting to see this announcement happening anytime soon. Well SEGA finally surprised me for once. Count me in as one of those who will most likely purchase this day 1.
Only thing I`m not so sure about is as to which version I want to buy, I ended up getting both versions for the previous release.. might end up doing so again if I can`t make up my mind.

March 25th, 10:06 am

We like to surprise sometimes, especially in good ways. Thank you for pledging your support for the game already – it really helps!

As to which version… they’re both pretty awesome. If you can’t decide, “Both” is a perfectly acceptable answer!

necroalucard136 said:

March 25th, 9:54 am

Thanks for going through with this game and even releasing a physical package for all those that wanted it. I got Diva F on PS3 but I’m definitely getting f 2nd on Vita.

March 25th, 10:08 am

Thank you for the support on both games, alucard!

Budapesti said:

March 25th, 9:55 am

Well, my Japanese Vita copy is due to arrive on Friday… BUT I will absolutely support the Western release too (as I did with the first one, even though I had both the PS3 and Vita import editions).
I love that SEGA is bringing this series to the West. I was lucky enough to go to E3 in 2012, when you had a couple of Vita units set up, playing Project DIVA f, and the SEGA reps told me then that a US release was almost entirely dependent on the fans. It’s great to see that SEGA listened to the Vocaloid fanbase here in the West. :)

March 25th, 10:08 am

It is kind of amazing, looking back. A lot has happened over the last couple of years… and almost all of it good!

Thank you for being part of that story, and helping make this series a success. :)

CloudxAO said:

March 25th, 9:56 am

so glad they added kagerou days as a song!

March 25th, 10:10 am

Agreed – it’s a great song!

TheExiled12894 said:

March 25th, 9:57 am

This is great news! PDf is the first rhythm game I’ve ever gotten into. I find it a bit difficult but the music is so good and I really enjoy it a lot. Meiko and Rin are my favorites. Definitely grabbing Project Diva f 2nd ^_^

March 25th, 10:10 am

Thank you for supporting us, Exiled! Practice will make perfect, so don’t give up! :)

The good news is, all of the skill you build up now will automatically transition into F 2nd later this year!

Budapesti said:

March 25th, 10:01 am

Oh, and I’m secretly hoping that one of those upcoming announcements might be another Miku US concert to promote this release…?
Come on SEGA and Crypton, you know you want to bring Miku back to America!

March 25th, 10:12 am

No news on that front, but thanks for the comment, Budapesti!

JohnnySako said:

March 25th, 10:05 am

YES! Great news! This is a definitely a day one purchase for me.

Are there any plans for a launch edition or a pre-order bonus? A CD soundtrack or a code to download the soundtrack would be great!

Thanks again!

March 25th, 10:14 am

Thanks for supporting Miku, Johnny!

As to your question, it’s too early currently for me to say if that’s possible, but feedback is always appreciated! (I know I’ve said this a few times now, but it’s very true.) Thank you!

Tjoeb123 said:

March 25th, 10:07 am

Wow, I’m surprised you’re bringing 2nd over so soon after the 1st game’s release on Vita! Keep up the good work, guys! But, um…..will the game have Cross-Buy support (at least for the PS3 version)?

Now, about Valkyria Chronicles and getting Phantasy Star Portable 2 back on PSN for Vita owners to play….There’s like, no support for the Phantasy Star series in the West anymore (not counting the Genesis games being resold digitally)…:(

March 25th, 10:17 am

We’re really excited to be able to bring it over for you all – many of us who work on the series here at SEGA are also big fans of Miku / the Project DIVA series, so it’s always nice to get to work on something you love!

No news on cross-buy support for F 2nd, though we did offer that feature for some of the DLC (Snow Miku & Extra Characters) across the PS3 and PS VITA versions of the first game.

Finally, no news on either of the other two series you mention from me, sorry! I’m purely focused on Miku today, but I’ll pass along your comments.

TJF588 said:

March 25th, 10:10 am

Miku has certainly proven herself across the Pacific. Thanks, Sega, for giving gamers the chance to prove their passions.

Now, this may be the stuff of pipe dreams, but is there any chance, by whatever arrangement (like, maybe Sega online exclusive or some fluff), for the physical package to instead include a digital download code? No Vita, m’self, but I see more value in eliminating the whirring and clicking of a disc drive, as well as spanning my one purchase over my two PS3s (personal and living room).

March 25th, 10:45 am

It’s thanks to all of you guys that we were able to make this happen!

No news on your query about a digital download code included, but it is a good question!

PAGE 1 2 3 5