Far Cry 4

PlayStation Blogcast Episode 114: Batfriends

Justin Massongill's Avatar + Posted by Justin Massongill on Mar 28, 2014 // SCEA Social Media Specialist

The gang is back together! This week, we’ve got plenty of inFAMOUS Second Son and Dark Souls II talk, new Batman: Arkham Knight details (dat Batmobile!), Mercenary Kings (free on PS Plus in April!), and an extra-beefy interview with the Sportsfriends themselves. All in addition to the new releases for April 1st, 2014.

Subscribe via iTunes or RSS, or download here

Stuff We Talked About

• inFAMOUS Second Son
  • Project Morpheus
  • Batman: Arkham Knight
  • Sportsfriends
  • Mercenary Kings
  • Fez
  • Luftrausers
  • And yep… Dark Souls II

Official PlayStation Blogcast: Sid ShumanOfficial PlayStation.Blogcast - Nick SuttnerOfficial PlayStation Blogcast: Justin MassongillOfficial PlayStation Blogcast: Ryan Clements

Send us questions and tips: blogcast@playstation.sony.com or leave a voice message! 650-288-6706

The Cast

+ Brink-2-Chaos on March 28th, 2014 at 3:14 pm said:

w00t

+ aro52 on March 28th, 2014 at 3:16 pm said:

“And yep… Dark Souls II”

Sid isn’t allowed on the Blogcast, until he gets Dark Souls out of his system! There must be a 12 step program, somewhere… ;)

Justin Massongill's Avatar

+ Justin Massongill on March 28th, 2014 at 3:17 pm said:

I might be part of this problem now, actually…

+ jgrizzle358 on March 28th, 2014 at 3:17 pm said:

That’s alot of discussion for just over an hour.

I’m so excited for the next Batman game!

Justin Massongill's Avatar

+ Justin Massongill on March 28th, 2014 at 3:17 pm said:

You and me both, brother!

+ rabidninjamonky on March 28th, 2014 at 3:39 pm said:

Thanks for posting this so early! I’m super excited for Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Summoner! This is the first devil summoner btw, I’ve never played it, but I loved Devil summoner 2 and still have the disc.I need to finish FFX before tuesday I guess.

+ Butters360 on March 28th, 2014 at 4:43 pm said:

Absolutely cannot wait for Batman: Arkham Knight. Especially since it’s Batman’s 75th anniversary. Any plans for Sony to do a Batman themed PS4 when it releases? It would go well for his 75th anniversary.

Justin Massongill's Avatar

+ Justin Massongill on March 28th, 2014 at 4:47 pm said:

That would be awesome! I haven’t heard any plans for such a thing, but worst case maybe I’ll slap a Batman sticker on my PS4 while I’m cleaning up Gotham. If anything gets announced, we’ll let ya know.

+ ColonelOCorn on March 28th, 2014 at 4:50 pm said:

Hey guys! Fun hanging out with you on the stream today. I can’t believe Ryan was taking photos of the clothesline..

tsk tsk tsk haha j/k

Will now check out the blogcast! (need a video feed of the blogcast! How about it?)

+ Lackshmana on March 28th, 2014 at 5:28 pm said:

Devil Summoner! Hell yeah.

I would love to get Nocturne and Digital Devil Saga but I will happily throw down some money on Raidou just to show my support for PS2 games.

The best thing ever would be to get backwards compatibility on the PS4. If those rumors are true I know several people who would immediately be in the market to pick up PS4’s. I have so many PS2 games that I would love to play on the new hardware that I know will never get on the PS2 classics.

Great job everybody, keep up the good work.

+ atlusprime on March 28th, 2014 at 5:57 pm said:

Sid, get my office phone number from Clements. We’ll have a lesson on how to pronounce our games :)

+ BlindMango on March 28th, 2014 at 6:42 pm said:

From one of the topics last week, I was saying if you guys made a Pinterest, I think it would be the perfect place to post PlayStation recipes, haha – Isn’t that mainly what that site is for anyway? lol

Justin Massongill's Avatar

+ Justin Massongill on March 28th, 2014 at 9:06 pm said:

Hahaha, what kinds of recipes do you have in mind?

+ rwlove on March 28th, 2014 at 7:12 pm said:

second son was a good game but it was way too short i got its platinum trophy yesterday, less than a week after it was out

+ RE_Player on March 28th, 2014 at 8:28 pm said:

I gotta say between the recent blogcasts and all the posts on the blog you guys have been nailing it. Good job and keep up the great work.

Justin Massongill's Avatar

+ Justin Massongill on March 28th, 2014 at 9:06 pm said:

Ah, thank you so much! :D

+ BlindMango on March 28th, 2014 at 9:14 pm said:

@Justin – Some nice chocolate chip cookies in shapes of circles, squares, triangles, and x’s, haha

Justin Massongill's Avatar

+ Justin Massongill on March 30th, 2014 at 10:22 am said:

Hah, great plan! I don’t have those kinds of baking skills though.

+ GaleGlory89 on March 28th, 2014 at 9:17 pm said:

Another solid PS2 classic. With FFX/X-2 recently, I’m hunger for more PS2 JRPG like Rogue Galaxy and Valkyrie Profile 2: Silmeria.

+ KasperFNielsen on March 28th, 2014 at 10:09 pm said:

Lobstrosities are from the second book, The Drawing of the Three, not the first.

+ UndreyVITA on March 29th, 2014 at 2:11 am said:

Who’s this guy replying to all the comments?

Nice job with the Second Son screenshots Tom. Some people who have capture cards press Options to bring up the menu and then press it again while capturing a video, there is a brief moment where the HUD isn’t displayed.

Justin Massongill's Avatar

+ Justin Massongill on March 30th, 2014 at 10:22 am said:

I seriously thought about making an account for “Tom Gilmore” to reply to some comments.

+ ohiojeffm on March 29th, 2014 at 9:50 am said:

# batman

+ GodofDeathOnline on March 29th, 2014 at 10:09 am said:

for the love of god please sony make some sort of emulation on the ps4 i would love to play some of them ps2 games on there

+ ohiojeffm on March 29th, 2014 at 10:10 am said:

i agree

+ TwinDad on March 29th, 2014 at 10:12 am said:

It was during a podcast when Sid and Justin mentioned having to spend a busy week working on getting some of the blog pieces together, that made me realize your just not posting PR pieces for us to read. Your writing the blog posts, and in some way, a story for the game you want us to learn about. Keep up the work, while I may not like the game or the genre that your writing about, I really enjoy the “articles” I’m reading.

Justin Massongill's Avatar

+ Justin Massongill on March 30th, 2014 at 10:21 am said:

Thank you so much. :) We’re not writing most of the posts on the Blog (except the Blogcast, weekend recap, The Drop and such) — they come directly from the developers making the games!

+ subsamuel01 on March 29th, 2014 at 12:22 pm said:

I finally managed to find a PS4 at bestbuy in Canada so happy. Just started playing inFamous second son, loved the last two. Can’t wait for Batman as well.

+ GodofDeathOnline on March 29th, 2014 at 1:17 pm said:

(subsamuel01)

have fun with your new ps4 i remember how long it took to find my system after being sold out everywhere

+ TooLegit505 on March 29th, 2014 at 1:20 pm said:

I guess you guys are never going to get rid of PS Plus Vita games Uncharted, Wipeout, and Gravity Rush are you? I am so tired of seeing these games as free. Can’t you guys pick 3 more? Rotate them out? Something?
PLEASE GET THESE GAMES OFF PS PLUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

+ SWITCH_00599 on March 29th, 2014 at 5:31 pm said:

The graffiti in inFamous SS are an homage to Banksy an artist who criticizes politics and stuff thats wrong with the world in real life its super cool stencil art kinda hipster-ish you guys should check it out maybe he had some designs put in the game himself lol they are too accurate great cast like always

+ Dryde on March 29th, 2014 at 6:24 pm said:

great episode, everything is great.

+ cool_trainer on March 30th, 2014 at 12:37 am said:

Tom Gilmore is my favorite member of the show.

I lost it at that part. XD

Justin Massongill's Avatar

+ Justin Massongill on March 30th, 2014 at 10:19 am said:

We should have him on more often!

+ blackhawk1440 on March 31st, 2014 at 5:34 pm said:

I think I will send you an email too with this question, but any word on the “wave blue” and “magma red” PS4 controllers coming to North America. They look so cool, and I would like one very, very much! ;)