Driveclub

The Drop: New PlayStation Releases for April 1st, 2014

Ryan Clements's Avatar + Posted by Ryan Clements on Mar 30, 2014 // Social Media Specialist

The Drop

The thrill and spectacle of America’s pastime is returning to PlayStation this week in a colossal launch. The definitive baseball experience in gaming arrives on PS3 and PS Vita this week, and it packs more than 40 improvements and additions over its predecessors.

With the launch of MLB 14 The Show, the critically-acclaimed series hits new heights with tons of ground-breaking features. Year-to-year saves allow players to carry their progress from this year forward, into future entries of The Show. Quick Counts enable gamers to knock out full, nine-inning games in less than 30 minutes for an easy fix, and Universal Profiles on PS3 capture player styles for the entire MLB community to see.

But MLB 14 The Show isn’t the only anticipated launch this week; Mercenary Kings hits PS4 and packs retro visuals on top of a killer, side-scrolling shooter/RPG hybrid. Craft weapons and take on deadly missions solo or with friends.

For a complete list of games coming to PlayStation this week, read on. And enjoy the Drop!

Batman: Arkham Origins Blackgate Deluxe Edition
Mercenary Kings
MLB 14 The Show
Ragnarok Odyssey ACE
Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Summoner: Raidou Kuzunoha vs. The Soulless Army

New PlayStation Releases This Week

PS3 — Digital
The original Blackgate experience is amplified with new enemy encounters, maps, batsuits, and enhanced visuals. Delve deeper into the Dark Knight’s past through a combination of stealth and free-flow combat.
PS4 — Digital
The terrible forces of CLAW have seized a top-secret island military base, and it’s up to the Mercenary Kings to stop them. Craft and customize a gigantic assortment of weapons, and take to the field in this retro-inspired side-scroller.
PS3, PS Vita — Digital, Retail
Baseball is better with MLB 14 The Show. The ground-breaking series returns with more than 40 improvements and additions, including year-to-year saves for the most devoted baseball fans.
PS3, PS Vita — Digital, Retail
Venture into the Sundered Lands to rise through the ranks of a legendary mercenary company. An expanded and enriched version of the original RPG Ragnarok Odyssey, ACE features new quests, new character customization, and a new 400-floor dungeon!
PS2 Classic — Digital
In the shadowy evening mist of Taisho, a young girl appears with an unusual request: “Please kill me…” As Devil Summoner Raidou Kuzunoha, uncover the mystery of the girl’s strange abduction in this unique action RPG .

The information above is subject to change without notice.

PAGE 1 2 3
Ryan Clements's Avatar

+ Ryan Clements on March 30th, 2014 at 9:37 am said:

Don’t Drop that ball!

+ Teh_AKOD on March 30th, 2014 at 9:41 am said:

Awesome! Ragnarok Odyssey ACE looks amazing and as an old time player of RO this is going to be a hell of a game for me.

Ryan Clements's Avatar

+ Ryan Clements on March 30th, 2014 at 9:45 am said:

Sounds perfect for you! Hope you enjoy it.

+ RATGUT on March 30th, 2014 at 9:44 am said:

sweet BATMAN

Ryan Clements's Avatar

+ Ryan Clements on March 30th, 2014 at 9:45 am said:

THE BATMAN.

+ Goniloc on March 30th, 2014 at 9:46 am said:

Awesome line up, loving the PS2 classics!

Ryan Clements's Avatar

+ Ryan Clements on March 30th, 2014 at 9:50 am said:

Sweet, hope you enjoy it!

+ polo155 on March 30th, 2014 at 9:49 am said:

finally got my ps4 to go with my vita, mlb to vita this yr again is great, bout time.. hopefully i can play with ps3 and 4 players from it too!

Phillip Santana Music on Soundcloud… i did muic forplaystation in the past, go give a listen!

#sonyforever

+ Aided_Onslaught on March 30th, 2014 at 9:50 am said:

Is Mercenary Kings two player and will the second player be able to earn trophies? Thanks!

Ryan Clements's Avatar

+ Ryan Clements on March 30th, 2014 at 9:53 am said:

Mercenary Kings is definitely multiplayer, but I’m not certain how Trophies will work — I’ll have to look into it!

+ Zarxce on March 30th, 2014 at 9:50 am said:

Ooh a Shin Megami Tensei game I missed back in the day. Will definitely be picking that up. Hopefully they’ll keep it up and we’ll get Devil Summoner 2 and Digital Devil Saga as well.

+ cheeckoo42 on March 30th, 2014 at 9:51 am said:

thanks for drop

I guess the “march madness” of realease is over,
hopefully I can get some time off to catch up and enjoy Mercenary Kings on PSPlus this week

+ Tinye310 on March 30th, 2014 at 9:57 am said:

already preordered ragnarok ace – really looking forward to mercenary kings. woot woot

Ryan Clements's Avatar

+ Ryan Clements on March 30th, 2014 at 10:00 am said:

Woot x 3.

+ saab01 on March 30th, 2014 at 9:58 am said:

Mercenary kings is looking like a fun game can’t wait until thus Tuesday to play this game.

Ryan Clements's Avatar

+ Ryan Clements on March 30th, 2014 at 10:00 am said:

Yeah, it’s been on my “most anticipated” list for a while now!

+ XeahuleXolic on March 30th, 2014 at 10:01 am said:

1 of the best drops ever!!!! Mercenary Kings will be mine!! Thank you Sony your the best so forget the rest!!

+ DarkStar83x on March 30th, 2014 at 10:06 am said:

I’ll try the Arkham Origins: Blackgate demo at least. And the Plus releases, of course.

+ WilHiteWarrior on March 30th, 2014 at 10:06 am said:

Hmm… Might pick up Blackgate sometime… and hope it isnt as choked full of bugs as the original Arkham Origins.

+ Apex_Soldier25 on March 30th, 2014 at 10:07 am said:

Finally a Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Summoner hits the bat. Now I’m ready to see Digital Devil Saga and Nocturne. Keep at the amazing PS2 games.

+ VanguardFate on March 30th, 2014 at 10:09 am said:

Devil Summoner is a pleasant surprise.

+ MosesUnspoken on March 30th, 2014 at 10:11 am said:

Heck yeah, Devil Summoner! You have no idea how long I’ve been waiting for this to come to PSN. Now all I need is for SMT: Nocturne and Digital Devil Saga to come to PSN as well, then I can die happy.

+ hawjboi2009 on March 30th, 2014 at 10:19 am said:

hey Ryan Clement, any information about MLB 14 : the show available for pre-order on PS4 version ?

+ RonZombie91 on March 30th, 2014 at 10:21 am said:

Does anyone know how much Batman will be?

+ Fedast on March 30th, 2014 at 10:23 am said:

It’s kind of ironic that the only game for the next gen console is a 2D pixelated game.

+ WilHiteWarrior on March 30th, 2014 at 10:29 am said:

@RonZombie91
I THINK they said it would be 29.99. Anyone feel free to correct me if I’m wrong on that, I could be

+ Rainwater on March 30th, 2014 at 10:36 am said:

Mercenary Kings looks really good. Still hoping it will come to Vita sometime.

+ Mando44646 on March 30th, 2014 at 10:43 am said:

Nothing for me this week, but not a bad selection!

FYI to those interested in Batman – its pretty bad nothing at all like the actual Arkham games. I had it on Vita and couldn’t even care enough to beat it since it was so far from the other games

+ RagingMexicano87 on March 30th, 2014 at 10:53 am said:

It’s pretty unfortunate that Mercenary Kings is not on ps vita, i don’t have a ps4 guess i wont be able to play it :(

+ TWODEEEE on March 30th, 2014 at 11:02 am said:

I can’t wait for Mercenary Kings, I was planning on buying it when it came out and now it’s free. Hell yeah.

+ Leviathan_502 on March 30th, 2014 at 11:07 am said:

omg SMT games!!!!!!!!! that is what got me in rpgs. hell of a drop ryan, i will be picking that up tuesday.

+ soulreap2 on March 30th, 2014 at 11:09 am said:

Man I really wish Mercenary Kings was on the PS3 so I could play it but still I’m just glad it’s coming out, I’ll get it when i finally get a PS4. BEYOND!!

+ duke301 on March 30th, 2014 at 11:11 am said:

Now I’m glad I held off buying Batman: Arkham Origins Blackgate for the Vita. Can’t wait to play it on the PS3! Mercenary Kings for PS4 also looks really good, I’m looking forward to that as well! Thanks a lot guys, this should be a pretty good week!

+ Doc_Tury on March 30th, 2014 at 11:14 am said:

The Batman and 75 years later! Beyond Ryan!

+ NX_Nytrux on March 30th, 2014 at 11:17 am said:

Happy to see more PS2 Classics games.
PS2 Classics wish list:
– Valkyrie Profile 2: Silmeria
– Silent Hill: Origins
– Obscure 1 & 2

+ Misantropus on March 30th, 2014 at 11:20 am said:

Why Tomb Raider and Thief for PS4 went back to normal price? There was no indication the sale would be gone before the next store update.

+ IIL0YDII on March 30th, 2014 at 11:30 am said:

Weak

+ StalkerD on March 30th, 2014 at 11:36 am said:

@Misantropus
Yes there was. It was clearly stated on the PS Store that it was a flash sale, valid only until thursday. On friday the price wen back to normal and the EA Flash sale started.

+ TooLegit505 on March 30th, 2014 at 11:42 am said:

I guess you guys are never going to get rid of PS Plus Vita games Uncharted, Wipeout, and Gravity Rush are you? I am so tired of seeing these games as free. Can’t you guys pick 3 more? Rotate them out? Something?
PLEASE GET THESE GAMES OFF PS PLUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

+ maverick__420 on March 30th, 2014 at 11:46 am said:

Hey Ryan have you herd when we can see TWD season 2 on the vita???

+ TooLegit505 on March 30th, 2014 at 11:48 am said:

Why does the PS4 have all these crappy super nintendo looking games and only a few truly next gen games?

+ veryhoudini11 on March 30th, 2014 at 11:52 am said:

This is an awesome drop. Any Shin Megami Tensei game is worth celebrating over! Thanks Sony, and Atlus.

+ KapuKapper on March 30th, 2014 at 11:58 am said:

I played the hell out of Mercenary Kings on Steam. And yes, I loved it so much I will do so again on the PS4!

+ daffy099 on March 30th, 2014 at 11:59 am said:

Pleaaasseeee someone tell me Raidou Kuzunoha vs King Abaddon is also coming soon!! I’ve been waiting for the SMT games to hit the store soooo bad. Thanks a lot you guys, I can’t wait to also see Nocturne on this. Must-buy-immediatly!!

+ romogarg on March 30th, 2014 at 12:09 pm said:

when is yugioh millenium duels out

+ Lackshmana on March 30th, 2014 at 12:12 pm said:

Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Summoner: Raidou Kuzunoha vs. The Soulless Army

Best name of a video game I have ever seen.

I hope it does well, because I want Devil Summoner 2, Digital Devil Saga, and Nocturne.

Also, Suikoden 2 and 3.

And all the Tri-Ace games!

Anyway, great drop this week. Keep up the good work.

+ nanaki85 on March 30th, 2014 at 12:18 pm said:

I absolutely love that rockin’ NES cover you gave mercenary kings on the home page :)

+ TheFunkyPhantom on March 30th, 2014 at 12:21 pm said:

Complaining about a game being 2D is like complaining about a movie being black & white.

+ Jotamide on March 30th, 2014 at 12:25 pm said:

Nice to see Raidou Kuzunoha 1 there. I wish the VIta could play these PS2 classics on the go.

+ jadefader on March 30th, 2014 at 12:30 pm said:

are you guys ever getting ninja gaiden 2 plus on Digial in psn store on ps vita ? because it is not there

+ HyperFlash on March 30th, 2014 at 12:41 pm said:

any news about digital pre-orders on PS4 version of FF:RR 14?

+ Discerp on March 30th, 2014 at 1:00 pm said:

Unfortunately none of these games appeal to me. :\
They all look bad.

An 8bit side-scroller for the PS4? No. I want someone to develop a truly next gen game that will blow my ****ing mind. Not this Indie fad bull****.

My PS4 has literally been an expensive Hulu Plus player since I bought it. Literally nothing decent has been released for it since BF4 and AC4. It’s kinda looking like a waste of money and time.

+ PrinceofXIII on March 30th, 2014 at 1:12 pm said:

Mercenary Kings PS Vita please!!

+ AizawaYuuichi on March 30th, 2014 at 1:23 pm said:

@ jadefader: You mean this?
store.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com/#!/en-us/games/ninja-gaiden-sigma-2-plus/cid=UP4108-PCSE00233_00-NGSIGMA2PLUS0000

Yeah, it’s not available to purchase through the Vita, I just checked. That is very strange. But if you’re using the Vita store AT ALL, you’re doing it wrong. Use the webstore, push it to your Vita. No messing with the Store app on Vita. All those months people were having issues with the download process locking their systems? Only happened to me once or twice, cause I was smart and started using the webstore instead. And you’re already, obviously, on some kind of PC-type device, so there’s no reason you can’t use the webstore. So much faster and easier. Good luck.

PS> The game is still $40 digitally, for whatever reason…

@ article: Mercenary Kings FTW!

+ SoopaMan2K on March 30th, 2014 at 1:25 pm said:

Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Summoner: Raidou Kuzunoha vs. The Soulless Army?!! Wow! I assume part 2 is coming also?

+ TigerGlock on March 30th, 2014 at 1:45 pm said: