Minecraft PS4

Latest Minecraft PS3 Update Adds Uncharted, Killzone, Heavy Rain Skins

Owen Hill's Avatar + Posted by Owen Hill on Mar 31, 2014 // Mojang

Minecraft

Hi everyone. The latest update to Minecraft PS3 brings Emeralds, Ender Chests, Zombie Villagers, and more. Cauldrons fill up in the rain! Wolf collars can be dyed! Pigs drop more porkchops! The list goes on.

Two skin packs are also available. Skin Pack 1 is perfect for hardcore PlayStation fans. It brings a bunch of Sony stalwarts including Nathan “Uncharted” Drake, folks from Heavy Rain, some Killzone dudes, and Sly Cooper. The Battle and Beasts skin pack includes koalas, a Cleopatra look-a-like, various cavemen, and an octopus. It’s the most eclectic pack currently available.

MinecraftMinecraft

For those of you who aren’t content with the classic Minecraft styling, two new texture packs are also launching. The City Texture pack is perfect for the modernist Minecrafter; it’ll give your creations a more clean, clinical look. The Plastic Texture pack makes things look a lot more, erm, plasticy.

That’s it for now. Have fun!

PAGE 1 2

+ fireburn95 on March 31st, 2014 at 6:15 am said:

Cool, Few questions though.

1) Updates on vita version? Was hoping this would release sooner.
2) Will vita version be closer (map size) to ps3 or ps4 version?
3) Cross buy between 3/4/vita (when they release)?
4) Updates on PS4 version?
5) Any good will gesture for making us wait a year and a half after ‘other’ versions? Like a couple of free skins?
6) Any chance of PS Plus discounts on skin and texture packs?

Thanks

Owen Hill's Avatar

+ Owen Hill on March 31st, 2014 at 8:45 am said:

Hi!

1) We don’t have a date set for the Vita version yet sorry. As soon as we do, I’ll let you know!
    2) The map size will be closer to the PS3 version.
    3) That’s still to be decided, sorry.
    4) The PS4 release date is also not confirmed.
    5) You’ll get the awesome PS4 version on Minecraft, on your favourite console! Nothing is confirmed yet.
    6) Could happen, but not yet decided.

Sorry for the lack of info! I understand that it might be frustrating for you guys, but we don’t want to make false promises until everything is set in cobblestone. :)

+ thecreekman on March 31st, 2014 at 6:23 am said:

Can’t wait for it to come to ps4! Will the ps4 minecraft have mouse&keyboard support? I hope so

Owen Hill's Avatar

+ Owen Hill on March 31st, 2014 at 8:47 am said:

No, sorry. It feels great on the DualShock though.

+ Teflon02 on March 31st, 2014 at 6:41 am said:

not a minecraft fan but I’ll try when the PS4 version releases, if I enjoy it, I’ll get the Vita version too

+ XeahuleXolic on March 31st, 2014 at 6:47 am said:

Minecraft is a lot fun, i am just waiting till i see the PS4 or Vita version then i’ll pick it up, awesome skins!!

+ jhernandez360 on March 31st, 2014 at 6:54 am said:

Cool, Few questions though.
1) Updates on vita version? Was hoping this would release sooner.
2) Will vita version be closer (map size) to ps3 or ps4 version?
3) Cross buy between 3/4/vita (when they release)?
4) Updates on PS4 version?
6) Any chance of PS Plus discounts on skin and texture packs?
Thanks

+ Mike10Dude on March 31st, 2014 at 6:56 am said:

it would be nice if we could get some updates on the vita and ps4 versions of the game

Owen Hill's Avatar

+ Owen Hill on March 31st, 2014 at 8:47 am said:

As soon as we can update you, I promise we will! Sorry for the delay.

+ The_Bunn on March 31st, 2014 at 7:11 am said:

If cross buy is confirmed with the PS4 version, I’ll buy the ps4 version. until then, I’ll wait. no point in buying it trice being that I already own it on the PC

+ The_Bunn on March 31st, 2014 at 7:15 am said:

Argh. I meant, if cross buy is confirmed, I’ll buy the “PS3″ version, not ps4. Shame I can’t edit.

+ sullivangamerz on March 31st, 2014 at 7:27 am said:

If anyone wants to play minecraft add me, I’ve mostly been working on projects lately in creative mode, but id love to have some casual fun and maybe some help.

+ TEVIN-THE-KING on March 31st, 2014 at 7:28 am said:

can we get this game for the vita would be nice to play on the go or at work.

Owen Hill's Avatar

+ Owen Hill on March 31st, 2014 at 8:47 am said:

It is coming to PS Vita!

+ VG_JUNKY on March 31st, 2014 at 7:39 am said:

Or yknow, use a laptop from 2005…

+ fireburn95 on March 31st, 2014 at 7:51 am said:

@5 lol wut?

+ jadefader on March 31st, 2014 at 8:05 am said:

question why on the psn store on ps vita does some game are not listed on the application like ninja gaiden 2 sima plus for ps vita or DLC for other titles please can someone answer this question for me ?

+ Mando44646 on March 31st, 2014 at 8:16 am said:

too bad I cant play it on PS4 or Vita, you know, the current gen consoles. I dont buy last gen games anymore

Owen Hill's Avatar

+ Owen Hill on March 31st, 2014 at 8:49 am said:

4J are working on the PS4 and Vita versions as I type!

+ zekececil14 on March 31st, 2014 at 8:17 am said:

PS3 voice chat fix after TU14??

PS4/Vita Version

Ratchet & Clank Skins!! Kratos!! Parappa The Rappa!! Jak and Daxter!! You missed a lot of PlayStation Icons….

Owen Hill's Avatar

+ Owen Hill on March 31st, 2014 at 9:03 am said:

4J are working on a patch right now!

Please see above.

It’s out of my hands, but I love the idea of a Parappa skin! :D

+ Desol2344 on March 31st, 2014 at 9:12 am said:

Sup yall

+ Doppelgangergang on March 31st, 2014 at 9:14 am said:

While the update is good, it broke a LOT of stuff. Any time frame to push a bugfix?

– Blocks breaking and respawning
– Item Duplication glitch
– Voice Chat broken
– Some audio issues
– Multiple chunk errors (aka. holes in the world) for clients.

Owen Hill's Avatar

+ Owen Hill on March 31st, 2014 at 9:24 am said:

The 4J guys are working on the fixes as I type. Check out their twitter feed for a link to the bugs list. They’re @4JStudios on there.

Thanks.

+ TooLegit505 on March 31st, 2014 at 10:29 am said:

I guess you guys are never going to get rid of PS Plus Vita games Uncharted, Wipeout, and Gravity Rush are you? I am so tired of seeing these games as free. Can’t you guys pick 3 more? Rotate them out? Something?
PLEASE GET THESE GAMES OFF PS PLUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

+ x_PlaTtiNuM on March 31st, 2014 at 11:07 am said:

hey can you guys please please please please put dine Kingdom Hearts & persona skins on the ps3 version? PLEASE

+ luvtoseek on March 31st, 2014 at 11:12 am said:

@1, fire- good 1st post! Thanks for all the info, Owen!

Owen Hill's Avatar

+ Owen Hill on April 1st, 2014 at 5:52 am said:

You’re welcome!

+ Gamerzlimited on March 31st, 2014 at 11:13 am said:

@Owen Hill It’s fine, little info is better than no info. Good to see that the Vita and PS4 versions is still at least coming this year. Maybe I’ll consider buying the Vita version day one if the release date gets announced.

Owen Hill's Avatar

+ Owen Hill on April 1st, 2014 at 5:53 am said:

Aww. We appreciate your dedication!

+ tusunami on March 31st, 2014 at 11:19 am said:

This is great to see but I’ll wait to see if there’s cross-buy if not I can wait for the PS4 version to be announced & the PS Vita.

+ Twilightknight69 on March 31st, 2014 at 11:52 am said:

Kingdom hearts skins are a gold or a diamond mine (lol) cross buy would be cool even if it was just vita/ps3 and vita/ ps4 just give us vita with both console versions but keep the console versions separate. That way you guys get money and we all get a vita version. Really like the Playstation skins keep them coming. Like maybe DMC, Medevil, saints row, and gta skins. Last of us skins are a given right?

+ Matrix_Lion on March 31st, 2014 at 12:30 pm said:

This is pretty cool. I’m going to give minecraft a try.

+ Doctor_Hank_Pym on March 31st, 2014 at 12:50 pm said:

ahhh, these look great!! I love how instantly recognizable Zoran is from his eyes alone ^_^

That said, I’m still awaiting the PS4 version of Minecraft – but I’ll surely buy all of these if they’re available on the PS4 as well. (#skinaholic.)
Eagerly awaiting the release date for that, and keep up the great work!

+ Husteen on March 31st, 2014 at 12:59 pm said:

really neat update for the ps3 version. i will be checking this game out when it’s released on ps4 <3

will the ps4 be receiving a minecraft demo?

Owen Hill's Avatar

+ Owen Hill on April 1st, 2014 at 5:55 am said:

There will almost definitely be a PS4 demo, just like the other versions.

+ WaveLightning777 on March 31st, 2014 at 2:04 pm said:

Hopefully this is just the start of catching us up with the 360; I got all the DLC so far (and I’m sporting Nate as my primary skin atm :P ), but… well, that Mass Effect Mashup pack they have? That looks amazing and I’d love to see that.

+ DarkHoop on March 31st, 2014 at 5:27 pm said:

Just wanted to say me and my boy love Minecraft. Got my wife playing with us on PS3 recently. We got it on PC also but can only play one person. I usually just watch my boy.

We have two PS4s and are sooooooo pumped to play Minecraft on them. Oh and Destiny :) That’s right we are as equally excited for Minecraft as Destiny that’s how awesome we love Minecraft!!!!!!

Also looking forward to it on Vita even though its been collecting some dust since we got our PS4 this Christmas.

Owen Hill's Avatar

+ Owen Hill on April 1st, 2014 at 5:56 am said:

That’s lovely to hear. Thanks for playing!

+ VixDiesel on March 31st, 2014 at 6:26 pm said:

I love the new update but since I’ve explored my current map to the max (at least in the overworld), I need to find a new map to start over with so I can take part in all the new features. Kind of a shame since I’ve been on the same map pretty much since the game came out but oh well, no big deal. Any seed suggestions to start over with?

+ therealn8n on March 31st, 2014 at 7:57 pm said:

Any plans to get us The Avengers Skin Pack, Skyrim Pack, Mass Effect Pack or The Last of Us characters (For Skin Pack 2)?

+ TWODEEEE on March 31st, 2014 at 10:13 pm said:

been waiting to play minecraft for ever, my pc isnt good and its hard to play with friends, waited for ever for it to come to ps3, and when it finally did, i didn’t have one anymore because i got a ps4, and now you can’t even give us a single hint on when it might be released, i swear to god if the xbox one version comes out before the ps4 version and not at the same time, im just going to forget this game all together and move on

+ MarkakaJin on March 31st, 2014 at 10:36 pm said:

I really don’t want to buy the same game when it’s out on the PS4 and on the PS Vita.

+ SimPatapon on April 1st, 2014 at 12:49 am said:

Do you have plans for making more skins like:

*Parrapa- Parrapa the rapper
*Kratos- God of War
*Sackboy- Littlebigplanet
*Patapon Skins
*Loco Roco Skin

When did the PS Vita version release? will they release both of PS Vita and PS4 Versions in the same day of its release?

+ olenmies on April 1st, 2014 at 4:49 am said:

i like minecraft add me as friend we can play minecraft

+ Elvick_ on April 1st, 2014 at 9:52 am said:

I’m sure the game won’t have it, but PLEASE have cross-buy DLC. <3

+ Eggheadcobra2 on April 1st, 2014 at 11:20 am said:

I sure hope we get characters skins like Jak from Jak and Daxter, Cole from inFAMOUS, Kratos from God of War, and even Kat from Gravity Rush.

+ Rebeca19 on April 1st, 2014 at 3:53 pm said:

Hey Owen Hill do you know a release date for psvita? I thought it was coming March.

+ mohamadreza02 on April 1st, 2014 at 4:21 pm said:

mojang i cant wait for minecraft ps4 edition Please help me! I can’t wait anymore

+ optimusdaddy on April 1st, 2014 at 6:53 pm said:

Is it possible to create your own skins within the PS3 Minecraft edition? If so, how?

+ IronThor_K10 on April 1st, 2014 at 10:46 pm said:

I saw a herobrine pyramid in the tutorial. Does that mean that herobrine was in this update too
When I saw that pyramid I was creeped out

+ ROTARO678 on April 1st, 2014 at 11:33 pm said:

when will temples be added to the ps3 edition

+ firebald on April 2nd, 2014 at 3:24 am said:

don’t get your hopes up waiting for a vita release. it was march, now pushed back to may. suppose it will be pushed back when may comes along because they concentrating on the xbox one and ps4 versions.

to be honest i don’t think they have even started on developing it because we got no proof at all! just dangling us by a thread getting us to spend even more money on a late release. minecraft was released on the xbox 360 2 years ago come may. 2 years!

come on 4J – prove me wrong and give us some proof that the vita minecraft development has actually started

+ thejaywalker100 on April 2nd, 2014 at 7:38 am said:

hey 4j i was just wondering if in the next update would it be possible if you could add a skin pack with some “the last of us” skins to the ps3 edition because i love minecraft and the last of us, and i think it wold be cool running around the minecraft world as joel or ellie

+ thejaywalker100 on April 2nd, 2014 at 7:50 am said:

oh and i was wondering is minecraft ps3 edition coming out with the skyrim texture pack would really like to know

+ Gizmo_Black on April 2nd, 2014 at 9:04 pm said:

I understand that it takes time to work out all the kinks and what not but I’m tired of waiting and to add insult to injury we don’t even have a release date . Im really sick of getting to the short end of the stick when it comes to the PS Vita , I think it’s a cool system but there are just no games to back it. My current collection of games consist of all PSP games and just when I think I’m gonna have a awesome game To play finally I get the runaround. SMH

+ SimPatapon on April 4th, 2014 at 6:12 pm said:

I understand now about the potential release of the vita version

But I think 4J studios chosen both PS4 and Xbox One first then the finally Vita. both are develop first, because I saw some early screenshots about the game from both of these console (PS4 and Xbox One) since early February, but 4J chose both to make it easy or enhancing the PS3 and the Xbox 360’s versions to port the game in both of these Next Generation Consoles. I knew they mention “next couple of weeks” maybe next 2 weeks to announce? I think? So learn your lesson on waiting of the Vita version maybe start developing on late March or early April.

but I don’t think so about the release date, but maybe they release sometime in late April or May or neither soon.

+ benjaminvfa on April 6th, 2014 at 1:13 pm said:

is minecraft going to be cross buy not ps3 ps4 but im saying ps vita and ps3

+ benjaminvfa on April 6th, 2014 at 1:20 pm said:

i have the last 3 playstations ps3 ps4 and ps vita i dont care if minecraft is triple crossbuy but atleast like this ps3/ps4
ps3/psvita ps4/psvita like that becuse it’s kind of a little too low on price to get it on all three for one but tha’s just my opinion

+ ANTHO_CREPERDJ on April 15th, 2014 at 2:35 pm said:

When i play minecraft in the ps3 i cannot play with my friends only alone help me please

PAGE 1 2