LittleBigPlanet 3

Killzone Shadow Fall Insurgent Pack Out Today

Poria Torkan's Avatar + Posted by Poria Torkan on Apr 01, 2014 // Producer, Guerrilla Games

Today marks the release of the Insurgent Pack, the first major multiplayer expansion pack for Killzone Shadow Fall. In addition to the new Insurgent character class, this pack adds a ton of exciting new content to the Killzone Shadow Fall multiplayer experience.

Here’s a full breakdown of everything you’ll get with the Insurgent Pack:

The Insurgent

Killzone Shadow Fall: Insurgent PackKillzone Shadow Fall: Insurgent Pack

The Insurgent is a brand new multiplayer class with two unique abilities: Steal and Hack.

• Steal ability: The Insurgent starts out with only a pistol, but his ‘Steal’ ability allows him to swipe weapons and abilities from downed enemies. The use of stolen abilities is limited, but the Insurgent can continue to use stolen weapons throughout the game – even if he falls in combat. Stolen abilities are l
  • Hack ability: By using the ‘Hack’ ability, the Insurgent can change enemy ground automata into friendlies, swiftly turning the tide of battle.

3 New Abilities

The Assault, Support and Scout classes receive additional abilities, which have been balanced against the existing counters and abilities:

• E-Pulse Emitter: A deployable beacon for the Assault class that sends out an E-Pulse, making it difficult for enemy units to install automata in that area.
  • Tactical Echo Emitter: A deployable beacon for the Support class that sends out a Tactical Echo from a fixed location, making the area hard to infiltrate by hidden enemy units.
  • Guard Drone: A stationary buddy drone for the Scout class – deploy it in one place and it guards the location from a ground level.

Killzone Shadow Fall Insurgent PackKillzone Shadow Fall Insurgent Pack

3 New Weapons

These classic Killzone weapons are added for the Scout, Assault and Support classes. When dropped, other players can use them as well.

• M82: The legendary ISA assault rifle makes a triumphant return for the Support!
  • StA-14: A sturdy Helghast battle rifle for the long-range combat arsenal of the Scout.
  • LS12 SMG Pistol: Also known as the M66, this sidearm for the Assault packs considerable punch.

M82

STA14

LS12

2 New Game Modes

• Campaign Elite Mode: The nightmarish difficulty of the Elite Mode will test even the hardest of warriors. Can you beat Killzone Shadow Fall’s single player campaign on the hardest difficulty level with only three lives?
  • Multiplayer Collectibles Mode: Insurgent Pack owners can hunt for online collectible crates during matches to earn points and win in-game rewards!

online collectable box

New Trophies and Challenges

New content means a new set of Trophies and Challenges to unlock. Here is the full Trophy list for the Insurgent Pack:

Bronze Hacktivist Reach the maximum level for the Hacking Ability.
Bronze Kleptomania Reach the maximum level for the Stealing Ability.
Bronze All Flavors Make a kill with all primary weapons as an Insurgent.
Bronze Finders Keepers Collect 25 Online Collectibles.
Bronze Remember Me? Make 25 kills with each one of the Retro weapons.
Silver New Toys! Reach the maximum level for the E-Pulse Emitter, Tactical Echo Emitter, and Guard Drone.
Gold Like A Boss Finish the game in Elite mode.

Expansion trophies will not be required for Platinum.

Insurgent Personalization Pack

To top it off, the Insurgent Pack comes with personalization content, including:

• 3 Spotlight Moves: Humiliate your enemies with the Head Kick, the Finger Breaker and the C4.
  • 1 Voice Pack: New multiplayer battle chatter voices for both Helghast and VSA factions, designed to match the Insurgent character’s devious personality and style of play.
  • 1 OWL Skin: Inspired by the stealth bomber paint scheme, this will give your combat automata a sleek and stealthy appearance.

Skin_MP_bomber_vsa

The Insurgent Pack will be available later today on PlayStation Store for $9,99. You can also get it for free with the Season Pass, which gives you the best value for all essential Killzone Shadow Fall multiplayer DLC!

36 Comments

+ theodor70941 on April 1st, 2014 at 8:22 am said:

Why is the video just black?

+ Axecution on April 1st, 2014 at 8:24 am said:

“M82: The legendary ISA assault rifle makes a triumphant return for the Support!”

YESSSSSS time to stop playing Mercenary and go back to SF.

+ Vcheese on April 1st, 2014 at 8:24 am said:

Too bad i sold mine already.

+ Dediner on April 1st, 2014 at 8:26 am said:

Finally some new stuff to try out! I am still enjoying the MP, which is a first for me! ;)

+ BattleSkard on April 1st, 2014 at 8:32 am said:

The campaign on elite is going to be hard. Only 3 lives for the whole game without saves? Geez

+ FriedConsole on April 1st, 2014 at 8:38 am said:

Awesome on this new content. Worried it will break the balance of the current awesome gameplay. The abilities sounds neat and useful. Will buy.

The collectible thing sounds dumb tho. I hope I don’t have a team full of people just searching for that crap.

+ MushThePainter on April 1st, 2014 at 8:55 am said:

No new maps?

+ Sum-Mischief on April 1st, 2014 at 8:58 am said:

Very cool , Very sweet … !

+ DarkHowl on April 1st, 2014 at 9:07 am said:

Hoping that the patch associated with this DLC fixes up the multiplayer lag for good. I’ll give you guys the fact that you have indeed reduced it but it still isn’t on par with how it used to run during the first few months. I’ll be willing to check out the DLC if the game lag is fixed up soon. :)

+ KinkyWiZard420 on April 1st, 2014 at 9:08 am said:

I’ve recently really gotten into the multiplayer. I know i’m late to the party but hell what a good time to show up! This DLC looks great! They sold a season pass to me today now just waiting for a store update.

+ US_ARMY on April 1st, 2014 at 9:09 am said:

@ #7 Mush-

They released 2 new maps just a couple weeks ago free of charge for everyone!

+ nYcFrEeWiLL82 on April 1st, 2014 at 9:19 am said:

I WAS HOPING AND PRAYING THIS KILLZONE FOR THE PS4 HAD VEHICLES..FOR LAND AND WATER..BUT NO..ITS ANOTHER COPY OF THE FIRST KILLZONE FROM THE PLAYSTATION FRANCHISE.SMH..YES THE GRAPHICS LOOK AMAZING BUT THAT DOESNT DO ANYMORE FOR ME..I THINK ITS A LACK OF HARD WORK WHEN THEY JUST COPY AND PASTE AND POLISH A GAME..I THOUGHT BEING A GAME DEVELOPER IS ABOUT EVOLVING WITH THE GAME YOU CREATE..BUT I GUESS THATS NOT THE KEY ELEMENT IN GUERRILLA ..SO SAD.

+ BuB433 on April 1st, 2014 at 9:28 am said:

Bring back the assassination game type! Come on guys!

+ fivexl on April 1st, 2014 at 9:36 am said:

I really want them to patch in an option to turn the player movement on or off while running. The bobbing up and down while moving is really messing with my motion sickness. I really want to keep this game and play it, but I feel sick every time I do, especially on multiplayer. Single player, not so much.

+ RydogV on April 1st, 2014 at 9:49 am said:

My gut reaction is that the M82 going to the Support Class would have been better balanced if the weapon was Burst-Fire only. Otherwise, I am very excited to try out the new content. Season Pass for the win!

+ saab01 on April 1st, 2014 at 9:53 am said:

Patch 1.12 and we still have issues with the servers

I still get the message at times you have been disconnected from the server at certain times when playing online. It’s disappointing and it ruins the fun when playing online. I am using a wired connection by the way. And I have cable internet with my speed of 30 Mbps.

+ dodgedoors on April 1st, 2014 at 9:57 am said:

I think I can throw my 100% out the window, elite mode trophy is ridiculous.

+ mrEkli on April 1st, 2014 at 9:58 am said:

@12: Chill out. Gameplay elements include more than vehicles. Also vehicles in these maps? You cray cray.

+ Darig0n on April 1st, 2014 at 9:58 am said:

Wait I thought there was also character skins?

+ Swotam on April 1st, 2014 at 10:12 am said:

Yeah, those free-fall sections in the Campaign combined with 3 lives for the whole playthrough on Hard? No thanks.

There’s challenging, and then there’s stupid hard. This would be the latter.

+ BretBaber on April 1st, 2014 at 10:29 am said:

I will play this games loads and loads now just for the M82 alone. I was a little annoyed this gun wasn’t there from the get go. Almost all weapons seem worse in this game than the previous 3.

+ iREVOLTER on April 1st, 2014 at 10:50 am said:

Sooo, no more Free Expansion/Map Packs?

+ DexterP17 on April 1st, 2014 at 11:21 am said:

Can’t wait for the store to update so I can try all this new stuff out!!!

+ Welmosca on April 1st, 2014 at 11:26 am said:

@ 12 nYcFrEeWiLL82 – Wow your ignorance knows no bounds…vehicles?…and why KZ need that?…KZ is a unique game…it does not need to get out there copying from others because others usually try to copy from KZ since its a landmark for technical marvel….you clearly stated that you know nothing about what you’re saying….when you said that Shadow Fall is a copy of the 1st KZ…lack of hard work,just copy and paste?….this never happened with Guerrilla…when it comes to FPS they’re the best devs…with all that talking about vehicles & copy and paste…I really hope you dont like Battlefield…because thats what BF4 is….you practically described it.

+ Welmosca on April 1st, 2014 at 11:29 am said:

The DLC looks great…I’m glad that the M82 is back….on KZ3 she is perfect.

+ RydogV on April 1st, 2014 at 1:47 pm said:

@22 – The multiplayer map packs will continue to be free as an effort not to split the community. However, there is this paid DLC to provide additional content. I recommend anyone who plays regularly to opt for the Season Pass. You are getting a lot for your $20, especially when the Co-op Mode launches.

+ SonicLucario on April 1st, 2014 at 2:49 pm said:

At least the multi player Trophies are better then Tomb Raiders :)

+ fmykdisbad on April 1st, 2014 at 3:54 pm said:

damn i was so stupid to buy a ps4 yet the killzone game on ps4 cannot even play my own mp3 files like the killzone games on ps3 can, what a step backwards and reason why sony is going bankrupt: they do not care for the customers.

+ ChaosLegionSpawn on April 1st, 2014 at 4:11 pm said:

Can’t wait to get home and try this new DLC out. It looks great.

+ XAVITRIXX on April 1st, 2014 at 4:44 pm said:

I can not playstation store buying the season pass, and also I buy anything because this is happening in my ps4? Someone tell me what happens, because I have this problem.

+ FeLiPe_MachiN3 on April 1st, 2014 at 5:41 pm said:

Elite mode is stupid, ridiculous, hope this is cause of april fools and then you fix this patching it…. seriously

+ IcedDice777 on April 2nd, 2014 at 9:11 am said:

Please keep working on fixing the network code/Lag. Very disappointed when you join a match and everyone and their mother in law seem to be on roller-skates. The addition of Exo suits, jet packs and intruders would be awesome for warzone modes. Until then i’ll hold on to my nickels. My .02

+ tusunami on April 2nd, 2014 at 4:21 pm said:

I haven’t played KZ Shadowfall in awile this will be a good time to get back into this. Of courese i have to buy that season pass first.

+ tusunami on April 2nd, 2014 at 4:23 pm said:

@MushThePainter I guess you don’t know apparently they gave out new maps not to long ago.

+ BLADE9110 on April 2nd, 2014 at 10:13 pm said:

has anyone found the collectables im not finding any and ive mined the maps inside and out help please

+ bow_ol_bow on April 4th, 2014 at 8:55 am said:

I have to say , this is the worst DLC Trophy for us. Did you guys really get ‘finders keepers’ Trophy? Map so big, no any hint, box so small, I really regret buying this game. I will never buy this studio’s game in the future, FXXK!!!