Final Fantasy XV

Apr 06

Apr 06

This Week in PlayStation: Second Souls

Justin Massongill's Avatar Posted by Social Media Manager, SIEA

I did it! I beat Dark Souls II! After I finished it, I said I was going to take a break from games for the weekend, but I already kind of want to hop back in and clean up the three optional bosses I missed…

Anyway! This week’s PlayStation.Blog highlights. Sucker Punch listened to fan feedback and they’re adding some new features to inFAMOUS Second Son, Ryan got to play the first two hours of Ubisoft’s beautiful new RPG Child of Light on PS4, Minecraft PS3 players can get some new Uncharted, Killzone, and Heavy Rain skins, we’re going to be giving away some rare PlayStation loot at PAX East, you can raise a puppy on your PS Vita (YOU CAN RAISE A PUPPY ON YOUR PS VITA), Joe Danger on PS Vita gets playable Sackboy, Iota and Atoi, Square dropped some FF14 knowledge (beta 2 is live!), we got a crazy creepy new SOMA trailer (by the way, it takes place underwater… yeah), and more. Phew, did I miss anything?

With Dark Souls II finally completed, I think it’s high time I step into the dimensionally ambiguous world of Fez. Cross save means I can work my way through while I’m waiting for Captain America to start, then come home after the movie and keep playing on PS4!

What are you guys and girls playing this weekend?

• I’m playing: Dark Souls II (beaten!), FEZ
  • I’m watching: Captain America: The Winter Soldier
  • I’m listening to: Minibosses

This Week’s Top 10 Posts

Most-Watched Video of the Week

Add Your Own

UndreyVITA said:

April 6th, 9:24 am

Nice little sum up thing there Tom, I found a minor error, ‘you can raise a puppy on you PS Vita’ missed an r.

Great job anyway :D

Justin Massongill's Avatar

Justin Massongill said:

April 6th, 10:09 am

Haha, thanks. At least I didn’t misspell it twice. :)

UndreyVITA said:

April 6th, 9:26 am

Oh yeah:

I’m playing: All the games in my collection
I’m watching: Batman Dark Knight Trilogy
I’m listening to: Dead Sara

Porcupeth00 said:

April 6th, 9:32 am

I’m playing Killzone SF with the new MP DLC
Listening to sweet silence while i whisper to the Sony Gods “please have an easter sale with awesome PS4 discounts”

fmykdisbad said:

April 6th, 9:35 am

more ps4 spam

Sorahl213 said:

April 6th, 9:36 am

2 more months till E3!!!

Im playing: Final Fantasy X HD, Hatsune Miku Project Diva f, and Ace Attorney: Apollo Justice
Im watching: Captain America: The Winter Soldier (again)
Im listening to: Frozen Soundtrack and the Final Fantasy X Remastered tracks

luckner893 said:

April 6th, 10:33 am

second son in the top like always.

Catcher_BR said:

April 6th, 11:58 am

Please when exactly is the update from Second Son is coming ? I’m holding my plat just waiting for the TOD change.

Thanks

ECisMe said:

April 6th, 2:59 pm

I had a ton of fun this week replaying Batman: Arkham City via my PS Plus account. It was an interesting bonus that I got to play this game again after having just recently finished Batman: Arkham Origins. Overall, I really like them both, but for different reasons. I feel like Arkham City is more fun in terms of overall activities and nailing the feeling of being Batman, and excels in delivering a smoother, more bug-free experience than Origins. Origins, meanwhile, really gripped me with its superb writing and narrative, and voice acting from Troy Baker and Roger Craig Smith that (in my opinion) was even better than the already great work of Mark Hamill and Kevin Conroy.

AizawaYuuichi said:

April 6th, 3:18 pm

I’m playing: FF14 beta (finally got it working this time), DW8:XLCE, Mercenary Kings
I’m watching: Captain America: The Winter Soldier (saw it yesterday, it was amazing)
I’m listening to: whatever comes out of my speakers while I’m playing games

PanTheMan16 said:

April 6th, 5:21 pm

I just want to say that Mercenary Kings is AMAZING. Before I downloaded it, I honestly did not like the look of it at all and had no plans to ever play it. I only downloaded it because my friend did and I thought I’d goof around with him for a few minutes, then get back to Warframe. After playing for a while, I liked it a lot, but still wondered “WHY does a game like this have a $20 price tag?!”. Now, I understand. And, knowing what I know now, if it wasn’t free for + I would gladly buy it at that price because the amount of fun and content is incredible. Got 17 invested in it and I’m not even close to being finished. With somewhere between 500 and 600 hours in Warframe, it was what I always came back to, but now my friends have to twist my arm to play it because all I want to play is Mercenary Kings.

Can we please have a “What We’re Reading” post, Justin? Pretty please? Maybe a few of your colleagues can toss a link or two your way to make it quicker? I miss it so.

PanTheMan16 said:

April 6th, 5:22 pm

17 hours~

EvilBan said:

April 6th, 6:44 pm

I’m Playing: GTA V, Infamous Second Son, MGS V: Ground Zeroes
I’m Watching: Psych Season 6~Season 7
I’m Listening: Playstation Blogcast Episode 115: Light and Dark

Delta-Infinite said:

April 6th, 9:53 pm

I’m playing: inFAMOUS Second Son, Battlefield 4
I’m watching: Arrow, The Walking Dead
Listening to: Breaking Benjamin

Overall was a great weekend! ^_^

igamer1997 said: